Dungeons and Dragons – Mystara Immortals
Wogar – Sphere of Matter
Player Section – Wogar
- Patron – Orcs, Predators, Tactics, War, Werewolves, Wolves.
- Patron and Title Keywords – Corruptors (Cruelty), Racial (Humanoids (Goblins), Title (Sphere of Matter (Initiate)), Warfare (Conquest)
- Initiates pantheon only – Sphere of Matter (Initiate)
- Matter pantheon only – Sphere of Matter (Initiate)
- Alphatian Empire (Lord of Wolves and Predators) Due to Patron of conquest and Corruptors group (Cruelty)
- Outcast (Wogar) Due to Patron of Cruelty and Humanoids group (Goblins).
- Thyatian Empire (The Wolfrider) Due to Patron of Warfare group (Conquest)
- Shadowlands (The Wolfrider) Due to Patron of Goblins.
- Assembly (Wogar) Due to being an Immortal of Mystara.
Appearance: a well-muscled goblin wearing a wolf’s pelt and a hood made from a wolf’s head.
Wogar’s Campaign Information
Game Master Section – Wogar
Wogar – Initiate of Matter (5)
- Sourcebooks: Wrath of the Immortals Book One – Codex of the Immortals (wi-b1-41), Hollow World – Dungeon Masters Sourcebook (hw-dms118), Vaults of Pandius (vop)
- Alignment: Neutral
- Portfolio: Goblins, war and military tactics, conquest, predators, cruelty, wolves and werewolves
- Sponsor: Ninfangle
- Other Names: Lord of Wolves and Predators, Maglubiyer, The Wolf-Lord, The Wolfrider, Wong Ah
- Artefacts: Helmet of Wogar
Allies of Wogar
Assists (can also be assisted by)
- Karaash (6) Initiate of Thought
Enemies of Wogar
Opposes (can also be opposed by)
- Coberham (10) Temporal of Energy
Sponsorship Hierarchy – Matter
- Sponsorship of the Matter Sphere
- Earth Elemaster (33) Hierarch of Matter
- Ouranos (35) Hierarch of Matter Moved to Entropy (34)
- Terra (36) Hierarch of Matter
- Buglore (9) Temporal of Matter
- Djaea (34) Hierarch of Matter
- Infaust (16) Celestial of Matter
- Faunus (11) Temporal of Matter
- Chiron (6) Initiate of Matter
- Forsetta (7) Temporal of Matter
- Ka (35) Hierarch of Matter
- Bastet (16) Celestial of Matter moved to Time (22).
- Gorrziok (22) Empyreal of Matter moved to Time (25)
- Crakkak (10) Temporal of Matter moved to Time (10)
- Kagyar (28) Eternal of Matter
- Lokena (2) Initiate of Matter
- Lornasen (10) Temporal of Matter moved from Energy (7)
- Ninfangle (27) Eternal of Matter (27) Moved to Thought (26)
- Wogar (5) Initiate of Matter
- Tahkati (17) Celestial of Matter moved from Energy (17)
- Utnapishtim (23) Empyreal of Matter
- Land (27) Eternal of Matter
- Maat (30) Eternal of Matter
- Macroblan (13) Celestial of Matter moved to Entropy (27)
- Malafor (18) Celestial of Matter moved to Time (15)
- The Great One (26) Eternal of Matter
- Urtson (12) Temporal of Matter moved to Thought (7)
- Terra (36) Hierarch of Matter
- Valerias (31) Hierarch of Matter
History: during his mortal existence them, Wogar was a great humanoid warleader that chose to follow his shaman’s prophecies to achieve power and greatness above all other humanoids. So he gathered a great horde and left the Cradle (the place of origin of the modern humanoid races) heading south-eastwards in search of the Blue Knife, a legendary artifact that could have made its owner invincible. Wogar’s Horde left the Cradle (in the centre of Brun) in BC 1310 and traversed the Savage Coast, leaving mayhem and destruction in its path. Once it reached Hule however, the ogres chose to split from the main horde, since they did not recognise his authority anymore. After killing his shaman and stealing his treasure at the battle of Khuzud, the ogres fled to nearby Sind and in the following decades continued to move until they arrived in the Broken Lands, where they founded Ogremoor in BC 1269. Meanwhile, Wogar’s horde overran Hule, where it pillaged the scattered villages and towns killing many people and enslaving the survivors. Their reign of terror ended when Hosadus, a young holy man, convinced the leaders of the horde using his magic and deceiving skills that the sacred Blue Knife was located east, beyond Black Mountains and the Great Desert. Wogar and the majority of his followers departed Hule believing Hosadus’s lies, while those who remained in Hule quickly became devout followers of the sly Hosadus, who soon gained power over the humans too. During the crossing of Sind, Wogar was finally able to attain immortality as his shaman had predicted thanks to his warleader skills, and his teachings allowed his descendants to conquer first the lands of the Atruaghin Clans (red orcs in BC 1257) and then Faerdinel (current Five Shires) in BC 1255, while a third group found the Rock of Oenkmar and the Blue Knife in the Broken Lands in BC 1190, thus ending the quest. Currently all the humanoid tribes of the Broken Lands recognise Wogar’s importance in history, but only the goblins and a few tribes of orcs worship him as patron of their race.
Personality: Wogar is sly and clever, gifted with a instinct and an aura of authority still unmatched among the humanoids. He has always had a special bond with wolves and for this reason he created the wolfrider as elite troops among his soldiers and currently takes interest in the actions of werewolves too (who share an even stronger bond with wolves). He considers his most fearsome enemies Halav (bane of all humanoids) and Atzanteotl (who is trying to subvert his faith and steal away his followers using treachery and false promises).
Info on Wogar to be discovered by Groups
- Ochalean (Wong Ah)
- Savage Coast (Maglubiyer)
Design Details – Wogar
Classic D&D (BECMI) Stats
- Followers Alignment: any; clerics must be Chaotic or Neutral
- Favoured weapon: sabre (allowed all bludgeoning weapons and whip)
- Clerics skills and powers: clerics can turn into a wolf once a month for one hour and benefit from all werewolves’ classic powers while in this form (the cleric maintains his mental capacities and acquires the werewolf’s physical strengths). Free Animal Empathy (Wolves) general skill and +2 bonus to Train Wolves and Ride Wolves general skills (not free).
- Avengers skills and powers: free Ride Wolves and Animal Empathy (Wolves) general skills.
D&D 3.5 Stats
- Domains: Matter, Evil, War, Animal
- Preferred weapon: longsword
Wogar – Patron to Pantheon Links – This is to be the basis on who is in what Pantheon and why.
- Conquest (patron) added to the Alphatian Empire pantheon.
- Conquest (patron) added to the Warfare patron group.
- Cruelty (patron) added to the Outcast pantheon.
- Cruelty (patron) added to the Corruptors patron group.
- Goblins (patron) added to the Shadowlands pantheon.
- Goblins (patron) added to the Humanoids patron group.
- Corruptors (patron group) added to the Alphatian Empire.
- Humanoids (patron group) added to the Outcast pantheon.
- Warfare (patron group) added to the Thyatian Empire pantheon.
- Initiate (rank) added to the Initiates pantheon.
- Sphere of Matter (rank group) added to Matter pantheon.
- 2021-09-15 – Added in design changes and Patron to Pantheon links to show where this Immortal features in the Pantheon.
- 2021-08-27 – Update to layout, menu, tags and links. Added coberham to enemies.
Energy/Fire (31): Alphatia (16), Bartziluth (24), Bemarris (3), Benekander (1), Branden 11), Coberham (18), Fire Elemaster (33), Guidarezzo (15), Heimdall (30), Iliric (8), Ilsundal (34), Ixion (36), Madarua (26), Mazikeen (27), Mahmatti (14), Matin (19), Mealiden (23), Minroth (13), Ninsun (35), Patura (10), Pflarr (25), Rad (22), Rafiel (21), Raith (12), Rathanos (28), Razud (31), Saturnius (20), The Shaper (7), The Shining One (29), Zirchev (17), Zugzul (32)
Entropy/Darkness (35): Alphaks (20), Aracne Prime (6), Arik (18), Atzanteotl (31), Bachraeus (19), Bagni (24), Brissard (10), Danel (14), Demogorgon (29), Harrow (11), Hel (36), Hircismus (12), Idris (15), Jammudaru (5), Kallala (22), Kiranjo (7), Kythria (2), Loki (30), Loup (9), Macroblan (27), Marwdyn (4), Masauwu (28), Nyx (33), Orcus (26), Ouranos (34), Pharamond (32), Qywattz (21), Ranivorus (16), Ruaidhri (3), Saasskas (23), Slizzark (17), Stodos (6), Talitha (25), Thanatos (35), Yagrai (13)
Matter/Earth (34): Atruaghin (32), Buglore (9), Chiron (6), Diamond (21), Djaea (34), Earth Elemaster (33), Faunus (11), Forsetta (7), Garl (13), Ground (19), Hattani (15), Ilmarinen (20), Infaust (16), Ka (35), Kagyar (28), Land (27), Lokena (2), Lornasen (10), Maat (30), N’grath (29), Opal (18), Paarkum (8), Polunius (25), Pearl (12), Tahkati (17), Terra (36), The Eternal General (14), The Great One (26), The Korrigans (24), The Twelve Watches (4), Utnapishtim (23), Valerias (31), Wayland (24), Wogar (5)
Thought/Air (36): Air Elemaster (32), Arnelee (8), Asterius (28), Clebard (2), Cochere (12), Cretia (16), Diulanna (18), Eiryndul (20), Frey (13), Freyja (13), Gorm (22), Halav (17), Karaash (5), Kersy (21), Korotiku (32), Koryis (10), Malinois (15), Ninfangle (27), Nob Nar (5), Noumena (34), Odin (36), Orisis (19), Palartarkan (11), Palson (4), Pax (35), Ralon (9), Sinbad (25), Soubrette (24), Ssu-Ma (23), Tarastia (30), Taroyas (6), Thalia (31), Thor (29), Turmis (1), Urtson (7), Usamigaras (27)
Time/Water (33): Al-Kalim (3), Ahmanni (14), Bastet (22), Brindorhin (14), Calitha (18), Carnelian (11), Chardastes (24), Crakkak (10), Finidel (7), Fugit (30), Gorrziok (25), Hymir (13), Khoronus (36), Liena (1), Luca (12), Malafor (15), Oleyan (6), Ordana (31), Petra (17), Protius (29), Raven (21), Sharpcrest (19), Simurgh (19), Skuld (34), Tiresias (9), Tourlain (8), Tyche (28), Urd (32), Vanya (23), Vethandi (35), Water Elemaster (33), Yav (20), Zalaj (27)
This site is constantly under revision, no blog posts are final as this is a work in progress place for me to develop my game settings and rules. Some posts might be placeholders for future content, so feel free to check back later for updated information.