Dungeons and Dragons – Mystara Immortals
Terra – Sphere of Matter
Player Section – Terra
- Patron – Earth, Earth Races, Farmers, Fertility, Life, Nature, Prosperity, Protection, Shepherds. Elements (Creation), Living (Birth)
- Hierarchs pantheon only – Sphere of Matter (Hierarch)
- Matter pantheon only – Sphere of Matter (Hierarch)
- Dwarven and Gnome (Mother Earth) Due to Patron of Creation.
- Dragonkin (Mother Earth) Due to Patron of Birth.
- Elven (Mother Earth) –
- Ethengar (Yamuga the Yurt Dweller),
- Halfling (Sumag),
- Forest (Mother Earth) Due to Patron of Living group (Birth)
- Hierarchs (Terra) Due to Rank of Hierarch.
- Matter (Terra) Due to Member of Sphere of Matter.
- Spheres (Terra) Due to Patron of Elements group (Creation)
Appearance: a human woman clad in simple brown robes with dark skin without any particular somatic traits and a squat shape, showing an expression which is a the same time stern and compassionate. Hair colour varies with the time of the day: rosy red at dawn, brown during first part of the day and afternoon, blond at midday and black from sunset till sunrise.
Terra’s Campaign Information
Game Master Section – Terra
Terra – Hierarch of Matter (36)
- Sourcebooks: Mystara Players Handbook (mph105), Wrath of the Immortals Book One – Codex of the Immortals (wi-b1-37), Vaults of Pandius (vop)
- Alignment: Lawful
- Portfolio: Earth-Based Creatures and Races, creation and protection of all life-forms, balancing the life-death cycle, birth, fertility and prosperity, nature, earth, shepherds and farmers
- Sponsor: Ouranos
- Other Names: Cay, Dun, Frigg, Maderakka, Mother Earth, Magna Mater, Marau-Ixui, Mokosz, Mut, Sumag, Yamag, Yamuga the Yurt Dweller
- Artefacts: Robes of Terra
Allies of Terra
Assists (can also be assisted by)
- Buglore (9) Temporal of Matter
- Diamond (16) Celestial of Matter
- Djaea (34) Hierarch of Matter
- Earth Elemester (33) Hierarch of Matter
- Ground (19) Empyreal of Matter
- Nyx (33) Hierarch of Entropy
- Urtson (12) Temporal of Matter
- Utnapishtim (20) Empyreal of Matter
Enemies of Terra
Sponsorship Hierarchy – Matter
- Sponsorship of the Matter Sphere
- Earth Elemaster (33) Hierarch of Matter
- Ouranos (35) Hierarch of Matter Moved to Entropy (34)
- Terra (36) Hierarch of Matter
- Buglore (9) Temporal of Matter
- Djaea (34) Hierarch of Matter
- Infaust (16) Celestial of Matter
- Faunus (11) Temporal of Matter
- Chiron (6) Initiate of Matter
- Forsetta (7) Temporal of Matter
- Ka (35) Hierarch of Matter
- Bastet (16) Celestial of Matter moved to Time (22).
- Gorrziok (22) Empyreal of Matter moved to Time (25)
- Crakkak (10) Temporal of Matter moved to Time (10)
- Kagyar (28) Eternal of Matter
- Lokena (2) Initiate of Matter
- Lornasen (10) Temporal of Matter moved from Energy (7)
- Ninfangle (27) Eternal of Matter (27) Moved to Thought (26)
- Wogar (5) Initiate of Matter
- Tahkati (17) Celestial of Matter moved from Energy (17)
- Utnapishtim (23) Empyreal of Matter
- Land (27) Eternal of Matter
- Maat (30) Eternal of Matter
- Macroblan (13) Celestial of Matter moved to Entropy (27)
- Malafor (18) Celestial of Matter moved to Time (15)
- The Great One (26) Eternal of Matter
- Urtson (12) Temporal of Matter moved to Thought (7)
- Terra (36) Hierarch of Matter
- Valerias (31) Hierarch of Matter
History: Terra began her existence as an earth elemental and she soon distinguished herself as a powerful defender of her plane from elemental invasions attempted by rival creatures. During her youth she was contacted by an incorporeal voice that led her on the path of enlightenment, unveiling before her eyes the mysteries of the universe. That same voice pushed her along a difficult and dangerous path for the welfare of her kin and her world, and she followed her patrons’ orders understanding only at the end that this voice belonged to a mysterious immortal being. However, Terra did not follow the Path of the Polymath as later candidates in the sphere of Matter: it is likely she became immortal way before that same path was established. Whatever the truth, in one of the last adventures she was exposed to a huge amount of magical energy released by the destruction of an evil fire creature, and just when she believed she was about to fade into nothingness she realised she had become an immortal.
From that moment she enlarged her knowledge of the Multiverse and she became fascinated by the power of Matter to give birth and protect whole civilisations made of all manner of creatures. Creation of life became her passion and recruiting new candidates for her sphere was her final aim. This way, millennia later, she became the Supreme Hierarch of Matter when Ouranos left her that seat vacant and disappeared.
Personality: Terra’s main interest lies in creating and protecting new living species, and she tries hard to do this especially in those areas of the universe where Matter dominates. Terra oversees many aspects regarding the life cycle of a planet or a civilisation and she’s worshipped in the whole Multiverse as Patroness of Life, Birth and Fertility. Even if she despises the plots and intrigues each immortal spins every day, she would do anything to protect the interests of her own sphere and make her triumph over death and chaos.
Terra is extremely stubborn and focused on ancient laws and order. She does not follow new theories, nor she promotes changes from the primeval order of the Multiverse. Order and life must be protected at all costs.
Info on Terra to be discovered by Groups
- Bellissarian (Mokosz)
- Davania (Maderakka)
- Neathar (Dun),
- Nithian (Marau-Ixui)
- Norwold (Terra),
- Old Ones (Terra),
- Savage Coast Pantheon (Cay),
- Sind Pantheon (Mut),
Design Details – Terra
Classic D&D (BECMI) Stats
- Followers Alignment: Lawful or Neutral
- Favoured weapon: none (allowed all bludgeoning weapons)
- Clerics skills and powers: Terra’s clerics can choose 4 druidic spells (one for each spell level from 1st to 4th) and add them to their spell-list. They can also choose one of the following options:
- +1 bonus to Constitution;
- bonus spell-like power Speak with Animals always active; from 10th level they can also permanently speak with plants.
- +2 bonus to ST vs Poisons and Petrification; from 10th level they gain 2 Hit Points per level instead of only 1 as per normal clerics.
- Paladins’ skills & powers: lay on hands, permanent spell-like power to Speak with Animals
D&D 3.5 Stats
- Domains: Matter, Law, Good, Earth, Protection, Fertility
- Preferred weapon: warhammer
Terra – Patron to Pantheon Links – This is to be the basis on who is in what Pantheon and why.
- Birth (patron) added to the Dragonkin pantheon.
- Birth (patron) added to the Living patron group.
- Creation (patron) added to the Dwarven and Gnome pantheon.
- Creation (patron) added to the Elements patron group.
- Elements (patron group) added to the Spheres pantheon.
- Living (patron group) added to the Forest pantheon
- Hierarch (rank) added to the Hierarchs pantheon.
- Sphere of Matter (rank group) added to Matter pantheon.
- 2021-09-10 – Added in design changes and Patron to Pantheon links to show where this Immortal features in the Pantheon.
- 2021-08-27 – Added cretia to list of allies.
- 2021-08-19 – Updates to layout, tags, menu and links.
- 2021-08-15 – Updating the allies section.
- 2021-08-06 – Updating the allies and enemies section.
The Gods: The Immortals Overview,
Energy/Fire (31): Alphatia (16), Bartziluth (24), Bemarris (3), Benekander (1), Branden 11), Coberham (18), Fire Elemaster (33), Guidarezzo (15), Heimdall (30), Iliric (8), Ilsundal (34), Ixion (36), Madarua (26), Mazikeen (27), Mahmatti (14), Matin (19), Mealiden (23), Minroth (13), Ninsun (35), Patura (10), Pflarr (25), Rad (22), Rafiel (21), Raith (12), Rathanos (28), Razud (31), Saturnius (20), The Shaper (7), The Shining One (29), Zirchev (17), Zugzul (32)
Entropy/Darkness (35): Alphaks (20), Aracne Prime (6), Arik (18), Atzanteotl (31), Bachraeus (19), Bagni (24), Brissard (10), Danel (14), Demogorgon (29), Harrow (11), Hel (36), Hircismus (12), Idris (15), Jammudaru (5), Kallala (22), Kiranjo (7), Kythria (2), Loki (30), Loup (9), Macroblan (27), Marwdyn (4), Masauwu (28), Nyx (33), Orcus (26), Ouranos (34), Pharamond (32), Qywattz (21), Ranivorus (16), Ruaidhri (3), Saasskas (23), Slizzark (17), Stodos (6), Talitha (25), Thanatos (35), Yagrai (13)
Matter/Earth (34): Atruaghin (32), Buglore (9), Chiron (6), Diamond (21), Djaea (34), Earth Elemaster (33), Faunus (11), Forsetta (7), Garl (13), Ground (19), Hattani (15), Ilmarinen (20), Infaust (16), Ka (35), Kagyar (28), Land (27), Lokena (2), Lornasen (10), Maat (30), N’grath (29), Opal (18), Paarkum (8), Polunius (25), Pearl (12), Tahkati (17), Terra (36), The Eternal General (14), The Great One (26), The Korrigans (24), The Twelve Watches (4), Utnapishtim (23), Valerias (31), Wayland (24), Wogar (5)
Thought/Air (36): Air Elemaster (32), Arnelee (8), Asterius (28), Clebard (2), Cochere (12), Cretia (16), Diulanna (18), Eiryndul (20), Frey (13), Freyja (13), Gorm (22), Halav (17), Karaash (5), Kersy (21), Korotiku (32), Koryis (10), Malinois (15), Ninfangle (27), Nob Nar (5), Noumena (34), Odin (36), Orisis (19), Palartarkan (11), Palson (4), Pax (35), Ralon (9), Sinbad (25), Soubrette (24), Ssu-Ma (23), Tarastia (30), Taroyas (6), Thalia (31), Thor (29), Turmis (1), Urtson (7), Usamigaras (27)
Time/Water (33): Al-Kalim (3), Ahmanni (14), Bastet (22), Brindorhin (14), Calitha (18), Carnelian (11), Chardastes (24), Crakkak (10), Finidel (7), Fugit (30), Gorrziok (25), Hymir (13), Khoronus (36), Liena (1), Luca (12), Malafor (15), Oleyan (6), Ordana (31), Petra (17), Protius (29), Raven (21), Sharpcrest (19), Simurgh (19), Skuld (34), Tiresias (9), Tourlain (8), Tyche (28), Urd (32), Vanya (23), Vethandi (35), Water Elemaster (33), Yav (20), Zalaj (27)
This site is constantly under revision, no blog posts are final as this is a work in progress place for me to develop my game settings and rules. Some posts might be placeholders for future content, so feel free to check back later for updated information.
Follow My Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox. For managing your subscriptions see Subscription Information.