Dungeons and Dragons – Mystara Immortals
Odin – Sphere of Thought
Player Section – Odin
- Patron and Title Keywords – Knowledge, Nobility, Northlands, Rulership, Sky, Storms, Winds, Wisdom. Patron – Civilisation (Authority), Corruptors (Cunning), Element (Air), Racial (Genasi (Air)),
- Ancient Ones pantheon only – Sphere of Thought (Ancient)
- Hierarchs pantheon only – Sphere of Thought (Hierarch)
- Thought pantheon only – Sphere of Thought (Hierarch)
- Alphatian Empire (Lord of Sky and Winds) Due to Patron of Authority, Air. and Corruptors (Cunning)
- Norse (Odin)
- Outcast (He Who Watches)
- Thyatian Empire (The Zephyr) Due to Patron of Civilisation group (Authority).
- Ancient Ones (Odin) Due to Rank of Ancient.
- Hierarchs (Odin) Due to Rank of Hierarch.
- Spheres (Odin) Due to Patron of Element group.
- Thought (Odin) Due to Member of Sphere of Thought.
Appearance: an elderly bearded man with a patch on his left eye, with broad shoulders but an arched back, clad in grey dusty clothes, with an old hat and cloak, holding a long spear while walking as a staff. He is always followed by his two ravens, Hugin and Munin, and he often appears riding his mythical eight-legged flying horse, Sleipnir.
Odin’s Campaign Information
- One of two religions permitted in Ostland
- Odin’s Ravens – Inner circle of Odin’s clerics
- Temple – The Stones of Sky
Game Master Section – Odin
Odin – Hierarch of Thought (36)
- Sourcebooks: Mystara Players Handbook (mph101), Wrath of the Immortals Book One (wi-b1-29), Hollow World Dungeon Masters Sourcebook (hw-dms110), Vaults of Pandius (vop)
- Portfolio: Wise Rule, Living life to the fullest, authority and rulership, live one’s life fully, knowledge, cunning, wisdom, sky and air, storms, winds
- Other Names: Wotan, Viuden, Taranos, Zephyr, Amon, He Who Watches, Grammaton, Jumal, Oloron, Father Sky, Perun, Lord of Sky and Winds
- Sponsor: Unknown
- Alignment: Lawful
- Artefacts: Plate Mail of Odin, Spear of Odin
Allies of Odin
Assists (can also be assisted by)
- Air Elemaster (33) Hierarch of Thought
- Forsetta (7) Temporal of Matter
- Frey (13) Celestial of Thought
- Freyja (13) Celestial of Thought
- Thor (29) Eternal of Energy
Enemies of Odin
Opposes (can also be opposed by)
Sponsorship Hierarchy – Thought
- Sponsorship of the Thought Sphere
- Air Elemaster (33) Hierarch of Thought
- Korotiku (32) Hierarch of Thought
- Ahmanni (14) Celestial of Thought moved to Time (16)
- Asterius (27) Eternal of Thought
- Clebard (2) Initiate of Thought
- Cochere (12) Temporal of Thought
- Cretia (16) Celestial of Thought
- Diulanna (18) Celestial of Thought
- Karaash (5) Initiate of Thought
- Eiryndul (20) Empyreal of Thought moved from Energy (20)
- Harrow (11) Temporal of Thought moved to Entropy (11)
- Loup (9) Temporal of Thought moved to Entropy (9)
- Malinois (16) Celestial of Thought
- Palartarkan (11) Temporal of Thought moved from Energy (12)
- Ralon (9) Temporal of Thought
- Soubrette (24) Empyreal of Thought
- Ssu-Ma (23) Empyreal of Thought
- Turmis (1) Initiate of Thought
- Odin (36) Hierarch of Thought
- Frey (13) Celestial of Thought
- Freyja (14) Celestial of Thought
- Halav (17) Celestial of Thought
- Ninfangle (26) Eternal of Thought (26) Moved from Matter (27)
- Noumena (34) Hierarch of Thought
- Palson (3) Initiate of Thought
- Orisis (19) Empyreal of Thought
- Tarastia (30) Eternal of Thought moved from Energy (30)
- Taroyas (6) Initiate of Thought moved from Time (6)
- Thor (29) Eternal of Energy. moved to Thought (29)
- Gorm (22) Empyreal of Thought moved from Energy (19)
- Usamigaras (27) Eternal of Energy moved to Thought (27)
- Pax (35)
- Kersy (21) Empyreal of Thought
- Koryis (10) Temporal of Thought
- Urtson (7) Temporal of Thought moved from Matter (12)
- Thalia (31) Hierarch of Thought from Energy
- Qywattz (20) Empyreal of Thought moved to Entropy (21)
- Sinbad (25) Eternal of Thought
- Nob Nar (4) Initiate of Thought
- Tyche (28) Eternal of Thought (28) moved to Time (28)
History: Odin is one of the eldest immortals, one of those who do not remember their past (or pretend not to). He often theorised that during his ascension to immortality his patron stripped him of his memories, or that he did lose them the day he hanged from Yggdrasil to discover the secrets of the Multiverse. Whatever the truth, Odin is the current ruler of the Sphere of Thought and spent a great deal of his existence travelling throughout the Multiverse to observe the actions of the mortal species and to discover the secrets of mortal and immortal minds. Many Immortals say that he gave away his left eye to drink at the spring of eternal knowledge (as the northern myths have it) and according to the rumours, he may even know things about the Multiverse’s future that he has never revealed yet (something regarding the long awaited Ragnarok he is always talking about with his allies).
Odin is worshipped by the Antalians and their descendants, the Northmen, as well as the Eusdrians (who call him Taranos) and the Thyatians (who still call him Wotan). They believe he protected them from the giants and gave them Midgard, the place where they live. Also, according to their myths, Odin hanged himself to gift his followers with the secret of the runes, and for this ultimate sacrifice they respect and worship him as Odin All-father. According to the legends, the two ravens accompanying him (Hugin means Knowledge and Munin means Memory) are his eyes and ears, while his horse Sleipnir can take him wherever he wants in the wink of an eye. He is also revered as Zephyr by many races of the Sky Kingdom and by the Nithians.
Personality: Odin teaches his followers to use wits and intelligence in life, seeking knowledge and wisdom through experience, always keeping in touch with the world around oneself. His followers are pushed to become wise and fair leaders, following the example of virtue and justice of the more enlightened rulers, savouring the joys of life and learning from their mistakes instead of living as hermits. He is surrounded by a group of immortals he sponsored or helped during their quests to immortality, the so called Aesir and Asiniye, who make up most of the northmen’s pantheon. He’s also allied with many other immortals who are known as Vanirs by the followers of the Antalian Cult. His two nemesis are Hel and Loki. Hel is his opposite, reincarnating souls of evildoers to spread chaos and evil in the world as much as he reincarnates the good souls to rally more champions. Loki is one of the Aesirs, but he’s doomed to betray everyone much like he did with his former patron Rathanos. Despite knowing and foretelling this, Odin insists in keeping him among his “children” and prefers having him close to watch his actions more closely.
Info on Odin to be discovered by Groups
- Alatian (Perun)
- Bellissarian (Grammaton)
- Davania (Oloron)
- Heldannic (Viuden)
- Neathar (Jumal)
- Nithian (Amon)
- Savage Coast (Taranos)
- Traldar (Wotan)
Design Details – Odin
Classic D&D Stats
- Followers Alignment: any; clerics must be Lawful or Neutral
- Favourite Weapons: short spear (allowed all bludgeoning weapons, pike and javelin)
- Clerics skills and powers: +1 bonus to Wisdom, free general skills Authority, Persuasion and Diplomacy, +2 bonus to any one skill based on Wisdom Paladins’ skills & powers: lay on hands, free general skills Authority
D&D 3E Stats
- Domains: Thought, Good, Air, Knowledge, Nobility, Storm
- Preferred Weapon: spear (short or long)
Odin – Patron to Pantheon Links – This is to be the basis on who is in what Pantheon and why.
- Air (patron) added to the Air and Sky pantheon.
- Air (patron) added to the Element patron group.
- Air (patron) part of the Genasi patron group.
- Authority (patron) added to the Alphatian Empire pantheons.
- Authority (patron) added to the Civilisation patron group.
- Cunning (patron) added to the Halfling pantheon.
- Cunning (patron) added to the Corruptors patron group.
- Civilisation (patron group) added to the Thyatian Empire pantheon.
- Corruptors and Genasi (patron group) added to the Alphatian Empire pantheon.
- Element (patron group) added to the Spheres pantheon.
- Ancient (rank) added to the Ancient Ones pantheon.
- Hierarch (rank) added to the Hierarchs pantheon.
- Sphere of Thought (rank group) added to Thought pantheon.
- 2021-09-04 – Added in design changes and Patron to Pantheon links to show where this Immortal features in the Pantheon.
- 2021-08-19 – Update to layout, menu, tags and links.
- 2021-08-05 – Updating the allies and enemies, campaign information.
The Gods: The Immortals Overview,
Energy/Fire (31): Alphatia (16), Bartziluth (24), Bemarris (3), Benekander (1), Branden 11), Coberham (18), Fire Elemaster (33), Guidarezzo (15), Heimdall (30), Iliric (8), Ilsundal (34), Ixion (36), Madarua (26), Mazikeen (27), Mahmatti (14), Matin (19), Mealiden (23), Minroth (13), Ninsun (35), Patura (10), Pflarr (25), Rad (22), Rafiel (21), Raith (12), Rathanos (28), Razud (31), Saturnius (20), The Shaper (7), The Shining One (29), Zirchev (17), Zugzul (32)
Entropy/Darkness (35): Alphaks (20), Aracne Prime (6), Arik (18), Atzanteotl (31), Bachraeus (19), Bagni (24), Brissard (10), Danel (14), Demogorgon (29), Harrow (11), Hel (36), Hircismus (12), Idris (15), Jammudaru (5), Kallala (22), Kiranjo (7), Kythria (2), Loki (30), Loup (9), Macroblan (27), Marwdyn (4), Masauwu (28), Nyx (33), Orcus (26), Ouranos (34), Pharamond (32), Qywattz (21), Ranivorus (16), Ruaidhri (3), Saasskas (23), Slizzark (17), Stodos (6), Talitha (25), Thanatos (35), Yagrai (13)
Matter/Earth (34): Atruaghin (32), Buglore (9), Chiron (6), Diamond (21), Djaea (34), Earth Elemaster (33), Faunus (11), Forsetta (7), Garl (13), Ground (19), Hattani (15), Ilmarinen (20), Infaust (16), Ka (35), Kagyar (28), Land (27), Lokena (2), Lornasen (10), Maat (30), N’grath (29), Opal (18), Paarkum (8), Polunius (25), Pearl (12), Tahkati (17), Terra (36), The Eternal General (14), The Great One (26), The Korrigans (24), The Twelve Watches (4), Utnapishtim (23), Valerias (31), Wayland (24), Wogar (5)
Thought/Air (36): Air Elemaster (32), Arnelee (8), Asterius (28), Clebard (2), Cochere (12), Cretia (16), Diulanna (18), Eiryndul (20), Frey (13), Freyja (13), Gorm (22), Halav (17), Karaash (5), Kersy (21), Korotiku (32), Koryis (10), Malinois (15), Ninfangle (27), Nob Nar (5), Noumena (34), Odin (36), Orisis (19), Palartarkan (11), Palson (4), Pax (35), Ralon (9), Sinbad (25), Soubrette (24), Ssu-Ma (23), Tarastia (30), Taroyas (6), Thalia (31), Thor (29), Turmis (1), Urtson (7), Usamigaras (27)
Time/Water (33): Al-Kalim (3), Ahmanni (14), Bastet (22), Brindorhin (14), Calitha (18), Carnelian (11), Chardastes (24), Crakkak (10), Finidel (7), Fugit (30), Gorrziok (25), Hymir (13), Khoronus (36), Liena (1), Luca (12), Malafor (15), Oleyan (6), Ordana (31), Petra (17), Protius (29), Raven (21), Sharpcrest (19), Simurgh (19), Skuld (34), Tiresias (9), Tourlain (8), Tyche (28), Urd (32), Vanya (23), Vethandi (35), Water Elemaster (33), Yav (20), Zalaj (27)
This site is constantly under revision, no blog posts are final as this is a work in progress place for me to develop my game settings and rules. Some posts might be placeholders for future content, so feel free to check back later for updated information.
Follow My Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox. For managing your subscriptions see Subscription Information.