D&D – Five Spheres of Mystara
Immortals of Mystara
Ranivorus – Sphere of Entropy
Ranivorus (Entropy, Celestial 16)
- Favoured Weapon – Flail
- Other Names – Lord of Madness, Yeenoghu
- Symbol – A human head with five snakes emitting from the mouth (Shown on Holy Symbols of Mystara Day 97)
- Patron of
- Immortal Title – Celestial (30)
- Core Pantheons –
- Single Element Organisations – Entropy – The Dark
- Secret Crafts –
Appearance: a hirsute yellow furred 17′ tall gnoll with powerful drooling jaws and spiked fangs wearing a black plate mail and with two footman’s flails in both hands.
- Clerical Domains –
- Pantheons –
- Immortal Councils – Assembly (as Ranivorus), Entropy (as Ranivorus), Celestials (as Ranivorus),
- Domains: Apocalypse, Madness, Trickery, Tyranny, War
- Patron – Monstrous Races (Scorpionfolk), Madness, Raiders, War.
- Patron and Title Keywords – Corruptors (Deceit), Elements (Destruction), Racial (Humanoids (Gnolls)), Title (Sphere of Entropy (Celestial))
- Entropy pantheon only – Sphere of Entropy (Celestial)
- Alphatian Empire (Lord of Madness) Due to Patron of Corruptors group (Deceit)
- Outcast (Yeenoghu) Due to Patron of Humanoids group (Gnolls)
- Ylari (Lord of Madness) Due to Patron of Deceit
- Darkness (Lord of Madness) Due to Patron of Destruction.
- Spheres (Ranivorus) Due to Patron of Elements group (Destruction)
- Nithian (Ranivorus) Due to Patron of Golls.
All Immortals of Mystara are part of the Assembly Council. It is run by the five Hierarchs of rank 36, one from each xphere.
- Core Immortals – Odin (Thought), Terra (Matter),
- Charter Patrons – Living (Animals (2)),
- Energy – Magical – Alchemy (1), Astrology (2)
- Energy – Warfare – Amazons (1)
- Matter – Crafters – Armourer (2)
- Matter – Living – Abundance (2), Agriculture (4)
- Thought – Artists – Architecture (1)
- Thought – Inspiration – Adventure (8)
- Thought – Science – Agriculture (4), Alchemy (1), Architecture (1), Astronomy (1)
- Time – Civilisation – Ambition (2), Anarchy (1)
- Dual Energy/Thought – Magical Science – Alchemy (1)
- Dual Matter/Thought – Living Science – Agriculture (4)
- Elements – Air (3)
- Immortal Titles – Aesirs (8)
- Nationality – Alfheim (1), Alphatian Empire Group, Aquarendi (1)
- Alphatian Empire Group – Alphatian Empire (3), Ar (1)
- Racial –
- Aerial Races – Aerial Races (2)
- Aquatic Races – Aquatic Races (1),
- Genasi Races – Air (3)
- Monstrous Races – Aranea (2)
- Regional – Arctic (1),
- Charter Secret Crafts – Airologist (Aerial Races, Air, Alphatian Empire, Ar), Alchemologist (Alchemy), Beastologist (Animals), Bureauologist (Ambition), Chaosologist (Anarchy), Craftologist (Architecture, Armourer), Diplomologist (Ambition), Divinology (Astrology), Earthologist (Agriculture), Elvenologist (Alfheim, Aquarendi), Entertainologist (Ambition), Mechologist (Astronomy), Naturologist (Abundance, Agriculture, Alfheim, Animals), Sailologist (Adventure), Shapeologist (Aranea), Skyologist (Adventure, Aerial Races, Air, Alphatian Empire, Ar), Starology (Astrology, Astronomy), Technologist (Astronomy), Wagonologist (Adventure), Warologist (Amazons), Waterologist (Aquarendi, Aquatic Races, Arctic), Weaponologist (Amazons),
- Barbarian Paths – Storm Herald – Mountain (Agriculture) / Sea (Agriculture, Air),
- Cleric Domains – Air (Aerial Races, Agriculture, Air, Alphatian Empire, Ar), Ambition (Ambition), Arcana (Alphatian Empire, Aranea), Beer (Alchemy), Cat (Animals), Chaos (Anarchy), Clockwork (Astronomy), Creation (Architecture, Armourer), Earth (Agriculture), Forge (Armourer), Hunting (Animals), Knowledge (Aesirs), Nature (Abundance, Agriculture, Alfheim, Animals), Oceans (Aquarendi, Aquatic Races), Prophecy (Astrology), Tempest (Agriculture), Travel (Adventure), War (Aesirs, Amazons), Water (Aquarendi, Aquatic Races, Arctic),
- Monk Ways – Drunken Master (xge33, Alchemy), Elements – Air (Agriculture, Air) / Earth (Agriculture),
- Paladin Oaths – Thunder (Agriculture, Air),
- Sorcerer Origins – Draconic Bloodline – Air (Agriculture, Air) / Earth (Agriculture), Elemental Essence – Air (Agriculture, Air) / Earth (Agriculture), Storm Sorcery (Agriculture, Air),
- Warlock Pacts – Genie Lord – Air (Agriculture, Air) / Earth (Agriculture),
- Wizard Traditions – Elementalist – Air (Agriculture, Air) / Earth (Agriculture),
- Charter Feats – Elemental Adept (ph166, Agriculture, Air), Negotiator (Agriculture, Air), Survivor (Agriculture, Air),
- Immortals of Energy (8) – Ninsum (Hierarch 35, Agriculture), Razud (Hierarch 31, Alphatian Empire), Heimdall (Eternal 30, Aesirs), Madarua (Eternal 26, Aesirs, Amazons), Mealiden (Empyreal 23, Adventure, Alfheim), Saturnius (Empyreal 20, Adventure), Zirchev (Celestial 17, Animals), Alphatia (Celestial 16, Alphatian Empire), Iliric (Temporal 8, Ambition),
- Immortals of Entropy (3) – Pharamond (Hierarch 32, Ambition), Aracne Prime (Temporal 8, Aranea), Stodos (Initiate 6, Arctic),
- Immortals of Matter (5) – Terra (Hierarch 36, Agriculture), Polunius (Eternal 25, Architecture), Wayland (Empyreal 24, Armourer), Faunus (Temporal 11, Animals), Forsetta (Temporal 7, Aesirs),
- Immortals of Thought (15) – Odin (Hierarch 36, Aesirs, Air), Air Elemaster (Hierarch 33, Aerial Races, Air), Korotiku (Hierarch 32, Aranea), Thor (Eternal 29, Aesirs), Ninfangle (Eternal 26, Adventure), Sinbad (Eternal 25, Adventure), Eiryndul (Empyreal 20, Adventure), Halav (Celestial 17, Armourer), Freyja (Celestial 14, Abundance, Aesirs), Frey (Celestial 13, Aesirs, Agriculture), Palartarkan (Temporal 11, Air, Alphatian Empire, Ar, Astrology, Astronomy), Ralon (Temporal 9, Agriculture), Arnelee (Temporal 8, Adventure, Aesirs), Nob Nar (Initiate 4, Adventure), Turmis (Initiate 1, Adventure),
- Immortals of Time (6) – Simurgh (Eternal 26, Aerial Races), Calitha (Celestial 18, Aquarendi, Aquatic Races), Brindorhin (Celestial 14, Abundance), Hymir (Celestial 13, Alchemy), Tiresias (Temporal 9, Astrology), Tourlain (Temporal 8, Anarchy),
Celestials of Mystara (Council)
All Immortals of Celestial Rank in Mystara are part of the Celestials of Mystara Council. It is run by the five immortals of rank 18, one from each sphere.
- Chairs for Immortal Council – Arik (Entropy), Calitha (Time), Coberham (Energy), Diulanna (Thought), Opal (Matter)
- Immortals of Energy (6) – Coberham (Celestial 18), Zirchev (Celestial 17), Alphatia (Celestial 16), Guidarezzo (Celestial 15), Mahmatti (Celestial 14), Minroth (Celestial 13),
- Immortals of Entropy (6) – Arik (Celestial 18), Slizzark (Celestial 17), Ranivorus (Celestial 16), Idris (Celestial 15), Danel (Celestial 14), Yagrai (Celestial 13)
- Immortals of Matter (6) – Opal (Celestial 18), Tahkati (Celestial 17), Infaust (Celestial 16), Hattani (Celestial 15), The Eternal General (Celestial 14), Garl (Celestial 13)
- Immortals of Thought (4) – Diulanna (Celestial 18), Halav (Celestial 17), Cretia (Celestial 16), Malinois (Celestial 15), Freyja (Celestial 14), Frey (Celestial 13),
- Immortals of Time (3) – Calitha (Celestial 18), Petra (Celestial 17), Ahmanni (Celestial 16), Malafor (Celestial 15), Brindorhin (Celestial 14), Hymir (Celestial 13),
Sphere of Entropy (Council)
- Core Immortals –
- Charter Patrons –
- Charter Domains – Ambition (Ambition), Arcana (Aranea), Water (Arctic),
- Charter Secret Crafts – Bureauologist (Ambition), Diplomologist (Ambition), Entertainologist (Ambition), Shapeologist (Aranea), Waterologist (Arctic),
- Immortals of Entropy (3) – Pharamond (Hierarch 32, Ambition), Aracne Prime (Temporal 8, Aranea), Stodos (Initiate 6, Arctic),
Ranivorus’ Campaign Information
- Scorpionfolk (F59) – Worship this Immortal in the Hollow World.
Game Master Section
Note: This section cannot be referenced by players in my campaigns.
Ranivorus – Celestial of Entropy (16)
- Sourcebooks: Wrath of the Immortals Book One (0e-wi-bs1 41), Hollow World – Dungeon Masters Sourcebook (0e-hw-dms 114), Vaults of Pandius (web-vop)
- Alignment: Chaotic
- Portfolio: Gnolls, Warfare, madness, raiding, destruction, deceit
- Other Names: Yeenoghu, Lord of Madness
- Sponsor: Thanatos
- Artefacts: Black Plate of Ranivorus, Twin Flails of Ranivorus
Allies of Ranivorus
Assists (can also be assisted by)
Enemies of Ranivorus
Opposes (can also be opposed by)
- Garl (12) Temporal of Matter
Sponsorship Hierarchy – Entropy
- Sponsorship of the Entropy Sphere
- Hel (36) Hierarch of Entropy.
- Thanatos (35) Hierarch of Entropy.
- Alphaks (20) Empyreal of Entropy
- Arik (18) Celestial of Entropy
- Harrow (11) Temporal of Entropy moved from Thought (11)
- Atzanteotl (31) Hierarch of Entropy.
- Bachraeus (19) Empyreal of Entropy
- Demogorgon (30) Eternal of Entropy.
- Loki (30) Hierarch of Entropy.
- Orcus (26) Eternal of Entropy
- Ouranos (34) Hierarch of Entropy moved from Energy (35)
- Pharamond (32) Hierarch of Entropy moved from Energy
- Qywattz (21) Empyreal of Entropy moved from Thought (20)
- Ranivorus (16) Celestial of Entropy
- Loup (9) Temporal of Entropy moved from Thought (9)
- Talitha (25) Eternal of Entropy
History: Ranivorus was one of the first gnolls bred by the Nithians around BC 1050. He soon proved to be a charismatic leader with chaotic and destructive tendencies and grouped under his shadow many other mischievous gnolls. In the end, he led the gnolls to rebel against their Nithian masters, and in the mass uprising that followed was able to flee from Nithia, guiding his gnoll followers to wreak havoc to the four corners of the Known World. His folly and sadism attracted Thanatos’s attention, who put the bloody gnoll on the path towards immortality. After pushing his fellow gnolls to invade Traladara in BC 1000, Ranivorus was in fact one of the few who were able to survive their defeat, and moved westwards rampaging the countries he met, until tribe his stopped in Hule, and there he reached immortality in the sphere of Entropy at the end of the X century BC. From that day, Ranivorus’s cult spread among the surviving gnolls with few rare exceptions (the Grugraakh of Graakhalia and some tribes of Hardanger gnolls). He cooperated with Thanatos to corrupt the Nithian society with promises of power to its leaders, and ultimately caused the downfall of his hated masters.
Personality: Ranivorus was a good pupil of Thanatos, and has become a hateful, chaotic and destructive deity. He loves to watch creatures harm one another; he revels in bringing madness and desperation in the mortals’ souls and enjoys corrupting the weaker spirits with evil deceits. He often uses his shamans to rally humanoids in warbands and spread violence and chaos on Mystara. Ranivorus hates Pflarr (patron of Nithians) and Halav (patron of Traldars) with fiery passion and competes with Karaash to gain more followers among the humanoids. Garal is also viewed as an enemy, because he represents a part of his ancestry which he despises (since gnolls were created mixing gnomes and trolls).
Info on Ranivorus to be discovered by Groups
- Hule (Ranivorus)
Classic D&D (BECMI) Stats
- Followers Alignment: Neutral and Chaotic; clerics must be Chaotic
- Favoured weapon: footman’s flail (allowed all bludgeoning weapons)
- Clerics skills and powers: clerics can bring temporary madness upon a living being once a day if he fails his save vs Spells (it causes the victim to drool for 1d4 rounds doing nothing else); madness can influence only creatures up to 4HDs (total HD that can be influenced with a single use is equal to shaman’s level); bonus Fighting frenzy general skill
- Avengers skills and powers: fear spell-like power twice a day
D&D 3.5 Stats
- Domains: Entropy, Chaos, Evil, Destruction, Madness
- Preferred weapon: footman’s flail
Ranivorus – Patron to Pantheon Links – This is to be the basis on who is in what Pantheon and why.
- Deceit (patron) added to the Ylari pantheon.
- Deceit (patron) added to the Corruptors patron group.
- Destruction (patron) added to the Darkness pantheon.
- Destruction (patron) added to the Elements patron group.
- Gnolls (patron) added to the Nithian pantheon.
- Gnolls (patron) added to the Humanoids group.
- Corruptors (patron group) added to the Alphatian Empire pantheon.
- Elements (patron group) added to the Spheres pantheon.
- Humanoids (patron group) added to the Outcast pantheon.
- Celestial (rank) added to the Celestials pantheon.
- Sphere of Entropy (rank group) added to Entropy pantheon.
- 2021-09-18 – Added in design changes and Patron to Pantheon links to show where this Immortal features in the Pantheon.
- 2021-08-19 – Update to allies and enemies.
- 2021-06-23 – Added information from session F59 and more linking of content.
The Gods: The Immortals Overview, Patrons
GM Section: Immortality Overview, Path Conqueror, Path Dragon, Path Dynast, Path Epic Hero, Path Paragon, Path Polymath, Quest Petition, Quest Meeting
Energy/Fire (31): Alphatia (16), Bartziluth (24), Bemarris (3), Benekander (1), Branden 11), Coberham (18), Fire Elemaster (33), Guidarezzo (15), Heimdall (30), Iliric (8), Ilsundal (34), Ixion (36), Madarua (26), Mazikeen (27), Mahmatti (14), Matin (19), Mealiden (23), Minroth (13), Ninsun (35), Patura (10), Pflarr (25), Rad (22), Rafiel (21), Raith (12), Rathanos (28), Razud (31), Saturnius (20), The Shaper (7), The Shining One (29), Zirchev (17), Zugzul (32)
Entropy/Darkness (35): Alphaks (20), Aracne Prime (6), Arik (18), Atzanteotl (31), Bachraeus (19), Bagni (24), Brissard (10), Danel (14), Demogorgon (29), Harrow (11), Hel (36), Hircismus (12), Idris (15), Jammudaru (5), Kallala (22), Kiranjo (7), Kythria (2), Loki (30), Loup (9), Macroblan (27), Marwdyn (4), Masauwu (28), Nyx (33), Orcus (26), Ouranos (34), Pharamond (32), Qywattz (21), Ranivorus (16), Ruaidhri (3), Saasskas (23), Slizzark (17), Stodos (6), Talitha (25), Thanatos (35), Yagrai (13)
Matter/Earth (34): Atruaghin (32), Buglore (9), Chiron (6), Diamond (21), Djaea (34), Earth Elemaster (33), Faunus (11), Forsetta (7), Garl (13), Ground (19), Hattani (15), Ilmarinen (20), Infaust (16), Ka (35), Kagyar (28), Land (27), Lokena (2), Lornasen (10), Maat (30), N’grath (29), Opal (18), Paarkum (8), Polunius (25), Pearl (12), Tahkati (17), Terra (36), The Eternal General (14), The Great One (26), The Korrigans (24), The Twelve Watches (4), Utnapishtim (23), Valerias (31), Wayland (24), Wogar (5)
Thought/Air (36): Air Elemaster (32), Arnelee (8), Asterius (28), Clebard (2), Cochere (12), Cretia (16), Diulanna (18), Eiryndul (20), Frey (13), Freyja (13), Gorm (22), Halav (17), Karaash (5), Kersy (21), Korotiku (32), Koryis (10), Malinois (15), Ninfangle (27), Nob Nar (5), Noumena (34), Odin (36), Orisis (19), Palartarkan (11), Palson (4), Pax (35), Ralon (9), Sinbad (25), Soubrette (24), Ssu-Ma (23), Tarastia (30), Taroyas (6), Thalia (31), Thor (29), Turmis (1), Urtson (7), Usamigaras (27)
Time/Water (33): Al-Kalim (3), Ahmanni (14), Bastet (22), Brindorhin (14), Calitha (18), Carnelian (11), Chardastes (24), Crakkak (10), Finidel (7), Fugit (30), Gorrziok (25), Hymir (13), Khoronus (36), Liena (1), Luca (12), Malafor (15), Oleyan (6), Ordana (31), Petra (17), Protius (29), Raven (21), Sharpcrest (19), Simurgh (19), Skuld (34), Tiresias (9), Tourlain (8), Tyche (28), Urd (32), Vanya (23), Vethandi (35), Water Elemaster (33), Yav (20), Zalaj (27)
The Pantheons, The Immortals, The Divine Features
Racial Pantheons: Atruaghin, Dragonkin, Dwarven and Gnome, Elven, Ethengarian, Giantkin, Halfling, Traladaran
Cultural Pantheons: Alphatian Empire, Land Guilds, Makai, Norse, Ocean Guilds, Outcast, Thyatian Empire, Ylari
Elemental Pantheons: Air, Darkness, Earth, Fire, Forest, Ocean, Radiance, Shadowlands, Sky, Water
Immortal Pantheons: Celestials, Elemental Rulers, Empyreals, Energy, Entropy, Eternals, Hierarchs, Initiates, Matter, Spheres, Temporals, Thought, Time
Special Pantheons: Ancient Ones, Assembly, Azcan, Davania, Hollow World, Myoshima, Nithian, Norwold, Old Ones, Olympian, Savage Coast
Library of Books
B5, d20 System, Pathfinder, SW
This site is constantly under revision, no blog posts are final as this is a work in progress place for me to develop my game settings and rules. Some posts might be placeholders for future content, so feel free to check back later for updated information.
Basic Links: Who Am I?, Home, Game Tools, Game Session Videos, My Campaigns, My Library, Site Map, Subscription Information
Game Systems: Dungeons & Dragons, Pathfinder 1 & 2, Shadowrun, Star Wars. Other Game Systems
Site sponsored by the author AS Hamilton (my wife) with her books available on amazon kindle.