Dungeons and Dragons 5th Edition
Mystara Design Convertion
The design decisions of my campaign world will be outlined here in a series to help my players understand the setting better. These are reasoning behind the changes to the setting and the house rules used in my ongoing campaign.
- Part 1 – The Five Elements – Talks about why I have five elements and how they relate to each other.
- Part 2 – The Five Spheres of Power – Talks about the gods of the setting and how they relate to the five elements. This lists all the gods, their names and all the things they provide patronage for in the setting. This will be expanded as the gods are detailed.
- Part 3 – The Pantheons – Talks about how the immortals relate to the peoples beliefs.
- Part 4 – The Divine Features – Talks about how gods are important in sustainability, where not having one deprives a character of death saving throws in my campaign.
- Part 5 – The Reference Material – What sourcebooks I am using to build my own version of the setting.
- Part 6 – The Races – Talks about the different races in the setting and how I have grouped them. This is a current project that is on going.
- Part 7 – Secret Crafts Overview – Talks about the special powers granted by the immortals in the setting.
- Part 8 – Weapons Mastery Overview – An outline of how the weapons mastery rules work.
- Part 9 – Setting Overview – A look at the Mystara setting.
- Part 10 – Timeline Overview – A look at when and when adventures would be set in the Wrath of the Immortals timeline.
- Part 11 – Magical Item Overview – Talks about the change I have incorporate into magic items and has example items used in my campaign.
- Part 12 – Classes Overview – What classes are available and where you can find them.
- Part 13 – Downtime – What are my Mystara downtime activities and extra rules.
- Part 14 – Immortality – Discussing rules around character becoming Immortals or Gods of the setting. Designed for Tier 4 play and above.
- Part 15 – Elemental Aspects – Laying out and defining all the elemental aspects that will re reused in the rest of the setting material.
- Part 16 – Immortal Patrons – This will be the core of where classes, crafts and gods will be connected to pantheons and the setting.
- Part 17 – New Directions – Why would you change some of the campaign details mid storyline, and what am I changing after having run this storyline line since 1st July 2015.
- Part 18 – Symbols – What are the purpose of the symbols I am using in the setting and why is it important.
Kingdom Building – Converting Karameikos of Ultimate Kingdoms
Building a Kingdom: Talks about using Legendary Games – Ultimate Kingdoms to map the D&D Setting on Mystara.
- Part 1 – Mapping (2020-03-17): How to utilise the hex maps and work out a unique way to identify all elements on the maps.
- 2020-12-20 – Layout cleanup.
Part 1 – Five Elements,
Part 2 – Five Spheres,
Part 3 – Pantheons,
Part 4 – Divine Features,
Part 5 – Reference Material,
Part 6 – Races,
Part 7 – Secret Crafts,
Part 8 – Weapons Mastery,
Part 9 – Setting,
Part 10 – Timeline,
Part 11 – Magical Item,
Part 12 – Classes,
Part 13 – Downtime,
Part 14 – Immortality,
Part 15 – Elemental Aspects,
Part 16 – Immortal Patrons,
Part 17 – New Directions,
Part 18 – Symbols
Part 1 – Mapping
Library of Books
B5, d20 System, Pathfinder, SW
This site is currently undergoing migration to www.thedarkelf007.com website due to needing a different set of tools that I had available to me on here.
Basic Links: Who Am I?, Home, Game Tools, Game Session Videos, My Campaigns, My Library, Site Map, Subscription Information
Game Systems: Dungeons & Dragons, Pathfinder 1 & 2, Shadowrun, Star Wars. Other Game Systems
Site sponsored by the author AS Hamilton (my wife) with her books available on amazon kindle.
You must be logged in to post a comment.