Star Wars Roleplaying Game
Star Wars: is a science fantasy tabletop role-playing game set in a far-future universe in which robotics, cybernetics, magic and space travel co-exist. It fits into the themes of space opera and heroic fantasy. There have been three companies that have created a game system, West End Games, Wizards of the Coast and Fantasy Flight Games.
Game Management – This section is for tools that I have used to help run my campaigns, some of them specific to Star Wars and some of them generic.
- Choosing a New Campaign (2019-06-11)
- Ending three year campaign (2019-05-26)
- Running Games over Skype (2020-04-21)
- Tracking Experience (2019-12-26)
- GM’s Luck Roll (2020-01-07)
- Game Master References (2020-06-07)
- Character Creation Reference (2020-10-04)
- Purchasing Items (2022-01-10)
- Item Qualities (2021-02-07
- Modifications (2020-12-30)
- Secrets of the Empire (2021-01-17)
- Secrets of the Jedi (2021-01-17)
- Secrets of the Rebels (2021-01-17)
- Secrets of the Sith (2021-01-17)
Creating a Campaign – This is about building a new campaign centred around the players and not the set adventures I wanted to use to learn how the system worked. The previous campaign (finished in 2019) centred on all the published material and let me refine how I wanted to run the game ongoing.
- Part 1 – Rules and Setting (2019-04-09)
- Part 2 – Characters and Timeline (2019-06-18)
- Part 3 – Fringer Storyline (2021-01-17)
- Part 4 – Rebel Storyline (2021-01-17)
- Part 5 – Force Storyline (2021-01-17)
- Part 6 – Mandalorian Storyline (2021-04-01)
Mandalorian Campaign – Resources for the Mandalorian storyline campaign.
Character Buids: For character in my games, the buikd and advancement will be done online and tracked for easy of reference if sheets are lost of abilities are brought to question.
- Bounty Hunters
- Droid Tech – 2021-06-01
- Adventure Page
- New Rules Page
- Adversary Page
- Companies Page
- Droid Data Files
- Equipment Data Files
- Galaxy Map Page
- Planetary Data Files
Note: Most of these posts are going through content and format updates so feel free to check back and see what has changed.
(Creating a Campaign Part 3 to 5)
Please note the other players should be supporting the focused characters, and not trying to screw with them by gaining an advantage for your character in their storyline.
Adventures so far:
- Story 1 – Edge of the Empire: Beta Adventure Complete (1)
- Story 2 – Age of Rebellion: Beta Adventure Complete (2)
- Story 3 – Force and Destiny: Beta Adventure Complete (3)
- Story 4 – Edge of the Empire: Core Rules Adventure Complete (4)
- Story 5 – Age of Rebellion: Core Rules Adventure Complete (5)
- Story 6 – Force and Destiny: Core Rules Adventure (6)
- Story 7 – Edge of the Empire: GM Screen Adventure (7)
- Story 8 – Age of Rebellion: GM Screen Adventure (8-11)
- Story 9 – Force and Destiny: GM Screen Adventure (12)
- Story 10 – Edge of the Empire: Beyond the Rim (13 to 17)
- Story 11 – Age of Rebellion: Onslaught at Arda I (18 to 25)
- Story 12 – Force and Destiny: Chronicles of the Gatekeeper (26 to 30)
- Story 13 – Edge of the Empire: The Jewel of Yavin (31 to 35)
- Story 14 – Age of Rebellion: Friends Like These (35 to 40)
- Story 15 – Force and Destiny: Ghost of Dathomir (41 to 43)
- Story 16 – Edge of the Empire: Mask of the Pirate Queen
- Dungeons & Dragons Interlude
- Sal “Obsession” 35 – 1 to 35
- Bruha “Oath” 8 – 36 to 43
Duty (Rank 3)
- Ali “Counter Intelligence” 10 – 1 to 10 (rank 1)
- Obado “Recruiting” 1 – (rank 1) – 11 to 11
- Sup’risma”Counter Intelligence” 1 – 12 to 12
- Aziz “Support” 1 – 13 to 13
Awareness (Rank 3)
- Aziz 75 – 1 to 75 (rank 2)
- Sup’risma 6 – 76 to 81
- Sal 6 – 82 to 87
- Aziz 40 – Dark tendencies
- Sup’risma 43 – Dark tendencies
- Sal 64 – Almost Light
Note: Campaign story lines played by this group
- WEG d6 2nd Ed Revised and Expanded
- Session 1 to 33 (33 Sessions)
- 28th October 2011 to 25th October 2013
- James F – Sue Rusile (8) / Zekk (17) / Ford (1), Greg C – Sunto Rel (15) / Nima (10) / Roxis (1) / Zekk (1), Paul W – Cho-hoban (10) / Santo Anal (1) / Ford (9), Nathan L – Samuel Becket (10) / Roxis (1), Ben H – Lancia (9), Jessica S – Charissa (8) / Roxis (6), Jeremy Broom – Kyla Stern (6) / Ace Branadan (5), Liz Y – Favlin Lar (5) / Nancy (2), Gillian – Zek (1) / Cho-hoban (1) / Asari (4), Paul B – Defara (3) / Balthazar (2) / Roxis (1), James McM – Slinth (3), Warwick – Johny UnNo (3), Mark A – Varen Sal (2), Andrew B – Thirteen (2), Phil M – Ionic (2), John H – Phil (2), Shaun N – Malik Andara (1), Alexis – Nancy (1), Mark B – Bob (1)
You were on a starport on rec leave (why is it always rec leave when things go bad…) and you were given a message by your protocol droid. It seems your needed to help the rebel alliance yet again.
Either your reputation for being able to achieve your objects have preceded you, or you were simply the closest or only contact to receive the mission…
Noticing the imperial star destroyer docked to the station, you decided it was time to leave, and headed for the hanger, only to meet up with Stormtrooper seek’n destroy groups tracing down anyone who might have been with the rebel spy they failed to capture.
Defeating them they discovered the remains of the rebel spy and made their way to the ship. It was touch and go, but the group made it onto the ship and jumped to hyperspace enroute to Tatooine to find the legendary starfighter pilot Talon and rescue him before the imperial bounty hunters find and execute him.
Will they save him in time, tune in on Friday to find out….
Notes – Session 014 (2012-08-03)
The X-Wing did not arrive at Tatooine, at least not in the same timeframe as the other characters, so Cassie and Dusty were AWOL for the nights mission.
Arriving in system, there were 70 ships moving in the orbit of Tatooine (now this being a quantifiable figure caused some concern). Contacting the star port control tower for Mos Eisley (the only city to have ship facilities) they received landing instructions for docking bay 94. It would have been a different one, but they used suspicious behaviour in getting their landing instructions.
Arriving on planet they were greeted by the customs official, who they failed to bribe on landing (pity they had no smugglers on board) so he was forced to explore their ship and came across the stormtrooper armour which the crew claimed to have killed and taken their armour. They then proceeded to bribe the customs official not to put his report in, or what they just said.
Leaving the docking bay, they see a squad of Stormtroopers heading for their docking bay.
Heading over to the local bar, they start trying to find out information about what they are seeking. A famous pilot known as Talon. While at the bar their mechanic is picked up by a twi’lek girl and led away from the bar. (players should always be careful what they wish for) She relieved him of 500 credits while he was distracted by her charms.
The others in the bar have trouble getting further with their questions to find out what happened to Talon and end up in a card game with a Wookiee, a Trandoshan and a Gamorrean. I’m sure there is a good joke in there somewhere.
After a few games, and a reason why droids are not allowed in that Cantena again (something to be said for protocol droids), the group walked away with two new ships, a dead Trandoshan and a Wookiee friend.
Giving the Wookiee back his ship seemed to have calmed him down and they meet up with their engineer and discover that the Trandoshans ship had been tripped down to parts, and the R4 droid rusty had grabbed the control key. The ship turned out to be a bounty hunters starship with cells built into the structure. It once belonged to Bossk a famous bounty hunter who left the ship in the hands of his cousin…
The engineer decided to stay and work on the ship while the others chased down the target. While they went back to the bar to meet with their contact, the engineer is met by the twi’lek who offers to help if she can take herself and a few friends with them. He agreed and she returned with 5 more twi’lek girls and the rest of the missing parts that they had taken in the six years the ship had been docked here.
They set about helping to repair the ship and provide relief to their benefactor.
before going to the bar they purchase a couple of speeders knowing that they might need them in the future and that some bounty hunters were also purchasing some who they had seen in the bar earlier.
The others talk to the contact in the bar who takes them out to a water storage shed where they are ambushed, but managed to get out. They call up the engineer who sends out one of the twi’leks with the speeder to pick them up. Two of them end up stunned before returning to the ship.
Once they recover they all head out to the bar to meet up with their “contact” who set them up. A battle ensures where they take out the bounty hunters who trapped them, and had bought the other speeder.
We ended the session with the capture of the contact in the bar.
- FFG Edge of the Empire (beta), Age of Rebellion (beta) and Force and Destiny (beta)
- Session 34 to 68 (35 sessions)
- 22nd November 2013 to 17th July 2015
- John H – Phil (30), Paul W – Ford (25), Fiona B – Pala (16) / Jayne (13), Nathan L – Samuel Backet (7) / Braak (3) / MT10 (7) / Obed (1) / Satia (15), Kristy C – Wendersrost (11) / Kiza (6), David K – Darkon (8), Shannan D – Pratorian (5), Mel D – Nibsani (4), James F – Zekk (2), Rich H – Capt Awesome (2), Greg C – Nima (1), Jessica S – Roxis (0)
- FFG Edge of the Empire Beginner Game
- Session 69 to 73 (5 sessions)
- 31st July 2015 to 25th September 2015
- Nathan L – Cillian (5), Mel D – Nibsani (5), Shannan D – Pratorian (5), Fiona B – Ms Pointy (4), Kristy C – Anaval (4), John H – Mallok (2), Paul W – Qrty (1)
- FFG Age of Rebellion Beginner Game
- Session 74 to 76 (3 sessions) – ended in failure
- 9th October 2015 to 20th November 2015
- John H – Frank (3), Shannan D – Delatiide (3), Fiona B – Bob (3), Nathan L – Tibbs (2), Mel D – Krasken (2), Kristy C – Bishew (2), Paul W – Coren (1)
- Fragged Empire
- Session 77 to 83 (7 sessions) – complete playtest
- 29th January 2016 to 3rd June 2016
- Fiona – Talia (7) / Aurelius (1), Kristy C – Aurelius (4), Chris F – Lucus (4), Paul W – Jacob (1) / Beytah (3), John H – Lucus (3) / Maghorn (1) / Beytah (2), Nathan L – Ajax (2) / Aurelius (2) / Francis (1), Martin M – Beytah (1), Shannan D – Porghney (1), James B – Beytah (1) / Maghorn (1)
- FFG Force and Destiny Beginner Game
- Session 84 to 89 (6 sessions)
- 1st July 2016 to 9th September 2016
- Stuart B – Tarask (5), Fiona – Kaveri (4), John H – Doa (3), Sean W – Doa (3), Paul W – Serenda (2), Nathan L – Tarask (1) / Belandi (2), Ross – Pon (2), Paul B – Serenda (2), Sue L – Serenda (1)
- FFG Force Awakens Beginner Game
- Session 90 to 92 (3 sessions)
- 9th September 2016 to 7th October 2016
- Paul W – Bormo (2), Fiona – Fira Bon (2), Paul B – Fira Bon (1), Sean – Tirias (1), Ross – Bormo (1) / Lowrhrich (1), Stuart B – Mar’li (1) / Tirias (1), John – Tirias (1)
- Canberra – Dresden Files RPG (Fate)
- Sessions 107, 110-111, 113-116 (7 sessions)
- 30th June 2017 to 17th November 2017
- Fiona – Bundy (7), Paul – Cassius (7), Ross – Alex (5), Jason – Emit (3), Sue – Britt (2), Ryan – Heronius (1)
- New Horizons Campaign (FFG Edge, Age & Force)
- Session 93-107, 108-109, 112, 117-143 (43 sessions + 1 character creation)
- 7th October 2016 to 11th January 2019
- Ross – Lost E (1) / Aziz FR (38), Sue – Bruha E (34), Fiona – Ali A (32), Paul W – Obado A (31), Joshua G – Sup’resma AF (25), Eme – Sal Nasian EF (20), Ryan – MDK3 ER (17), Jason – Kell F (14), Stuart B – Nod F (3), Stefan – Da Zonia (3), John – Phil (2), David H – Curr E (1), Sean – Tiberium A (1), Sarah A – Sal Nasian E (1), Morgan – Jax E (1)
- 2021-07-26 – Added in Campaign section for mandalorian campaign
- 2021-06-05 – Added in Droid Tech new character to list.
- 2021-04-23 – Added in links for the Character builds.
- 2020-12-20 – Layout cleanup.
Game Management: Annotated Stat Block, Character Creation, Choosing a New Campaign, Creating a Galaxy Map, Ending three year campaign, GM’s Luck Roll, Running Games over Skype, Tracking Experience, 2016 Campaign
This site is constantly under revision, no blog posts are final as this is a work in progress place for me to develop my game settings and rules. Some posts might be placeholders for future content, so feel free to check back later for updated information.
Follow My Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox. For managing your subscriptions see Subscription Information.