Dungeons & Dragons 5th Edition
Homepage in Mystara
Dungeons & Dragons: is a fantasy tabletop role-playing game set in a fantasy universe based on fictional representations of real world cultures with the addition of magic. For the Dungeons & Dragons games that I run, I set them in the Known World of Mystara. This is a setting that has it’s roots in the birth of D&D, is the second created setting, with only Greyhawk being older, and has the second most computer games made for it, second only to Forgotten Realms.
For my campaign based around the Wrath of the Immortals campaign using 5th Edition rules, I have a few different topics that I am working on.
Game Management: for all the rules about managing the game, this includes:
- Annotated Stat Block (2019-02-05) that is designed to make the game easier to manage.
- Choosing a New Campaign about various campaigns I was looking to run in 2019.
- Character Creation (2020-06-29) To help new and existing players I have this guide to character creation in my WRATH campaign.
- GM’s Luck Roll for how a bonus granted to the players makes it easier for me to run the game.
- Tracking Experience for how I have dealt with experience in different campaigns.
- Running Games over Skype is about how to approach running a RPG through Skype (or other voice services).
Class Builds: for example builds I am doing for various players in my games who were not up to making the build themselves. They will also be good examples for players on how to use the annotated stat block.
- Barbarian – Path of the Totem Warrior – Horse (Ethengarian) – TBA, Path of the Totem Warrion – Horse (Heldannic) – TBA
- Bard – Elven – TBA, College of Lore (Lightfoot Halfling Urchin)) – TBA
- Druid – Circle of Dreams (Woodfey) – 2019-10-29
- Dragon – White (2020-06-17)
- Fighter – Battlemaster (Stout Halfing) – TBA, Eldritch Knight (Kerendan) – 2021-05-10, Weapons Master (Makai) – 2021-03-19
- Monk – Way of the Elements (Waterchild) – TBA
- Paladin – Oath of Radiance (Sunfey) – 2021-03-21, Oath of Vengeance (Firechild) – 2021-03-21
- Sorcerer – Wild Mage (Shadowfey) – TBA
- Wizard – Bladesinger (Seasonfey) – 2021-03-21
- Multiclass – Cleric/Wizard Necromancer (Ethengarian) – TBA, Rogue/Cleric (Atruaghin) – TBA, Rogue Swashbuckler / Sorcerer Elemental Essence Halfling – TBA, Wizard/Rogue (Tralaradan) – TBA
Other Sections for D&D
- Design: Design decisions for the campaign.
- Adventures: The adventures so far touched on by my gaming group.
- Artefacts: The Artefacts of the setting and who they appears to belong to.
- Backgrounds: Available backgrounds in Mystara.
- Classes: The Classes available in my campaign setting and where to find them.
- Campaign: The Wrath of the Immortals campaigns current running.
- Dominions: Dominions of the setting of Mystara.
- Downtime: This is a section detailing all the rules for long term tasks characters can do ranging from Creation, Learning, Recovery, Social, and Wealth Activities.
- Feats: New feats for character advancement.
- Gazetteers: The setting and nations of the game play region.
- Gods: The Gods of the setting.
- Magical Items: The unique way items are represented in the setting.
- Organisations: Organisations in Mystara.
- Pantheons: The various pantheons a character can follow in the setting.
- Races: The unique way races are represented in the setting.
- Ranks and Title: Ranks in Mystara.
- Rune Magic: Runes and Titles in Mystara.
- Secret Crafts: The revealed crafts in the campaign so far.
- Settlements: Settlements of the setting of Mystara
- Spells: New spells for character advancement.
- Timeline: When each adventure is set and where, including calendar for annual events, events specific to that year, and adventures per year per nation.
- Weapons Mastery: The rules on improving your skills with a weapon.
Campaign Journals: The session videos for all the games captured from October 2019.
- Demon True Names (mm53)
- Devil True Names and Talismans (mm67)
- Half Dragon Template (mm180)
- Player Characters as Lycanthropes (mm207)
- Player Characters as Vampires (mm295)
- Starting Equipment (dmg38)
- Using the Shell of a Flail Snail (vg144)
- NPCs (2020-07-02)
- Aberrations (2020-07-03)
- Beasts (2020-07-04)
- Celestials (2020-07-05)
- Constructs (2020-07-06)
- Dragons (2020-07-07)
- Elementals (2020-07-08)
- Fey (2020-07-09)
- Fiends (2020-07-10)
- Giants (2020-07-11)
- Humanoids (2020-07-12)
- Monstrocity (2020-07-13)
- Oozes (2020-07-14)
- Plants (2020-07-15)
- Undead (2020-07-16)
- Ritual Spells (2020-07-17)
- Abjuration Spells (2020-07-18)
- Conjuration Spells (2020-07-19)
- Divination Spells (2020-07-20)
- Enchantment Spells (2020-07-21)
- Evocation Spells (2020-07-22)
- Illusion Spells (2020-07-23)
- Necromancy Spells (2020-07-24)
- Transmutation Spells (2020-07-25)
- Druids – Must make a skill check to learn a creature
- Initiative – can be the last skill check the character was doing
- Magical Items – All non-expendable magical items have a normal, attuned, awakened and an exulted ability
- Identifying Items – An identify spell or a short rest gives you the normal power of an item. An identify and a long rest gives you the attuned property
- Artefact – Cannot enter an extra dimensional space
- Extra Dimensional Space – Cannot move through a teleport, or teleport like effect
- Secret Crafts – Class, spells and feats beyond the Players Handbook are tied into the secret craft system for my world.
- Renown – A member of the craft must gain renown in the region to progress, as unknown people do not get trained.
- Ritual Spellcasting – All spellcasters gain the effects of Ritual Spellcasting feat and gain a ritual book. Unless a spell in known for the day then it requires a DC 10 + twice the level of the ritual to cast. Using a skill relating to the tradition.
- Learning Spells – Requires 1 week per level to learn a spell
- Known Spells – Clerics, Druids and Paladins gain several spells they can memorise for the day the same as a wizard. They can learn extra spells like a wizard.
Game Variants Available
- Beholder Eyes stalk abilities (vg12)
- Chromatic Guard Drakes ([vg156)
- Inspect Swarms (mm338)
- Loathsome Limbs (mm291)
- Non Human Lycanthropes (mm206)
- Playing on a Grid (ph192)
- Psychic Gray Ooze (mm240)
- Revenants with Spells and Weapons (mm259)
- Rogue Modrons (mm24)
- Awarding Magical Items (xge135)
- Downtime (dmg128, xge123)
- Epic Boons (dmg231)
- Marks of Prestige (dmg228)
- Only Players Award Inspiration (dmg241)
- Planar Rules (dmg59)
- Renown (dmg22)
- Supernatural Gifts (dmg227)
- Bad Reputation (ph139)
- Equipment Sizes (ph144)
- Human Traits (ph31)
- Hero Points (dmg264)
- Honour and Sanity (dmg264)
- Proficiency Dice (dmg263)
- Skill Variants (dmg263)
- Alien Technology (dmg268)
- Explosives (dmg267)
- Fear and Horror (dmg266)
- Firearms (dmg267)
- Healing (dmg266)
- Plot Points (dmg269)
- Rest Variants (dmg267)
- Action Options (dmg271)
- Cleaving Through Creatures (dmg272)
- Diagonals (dmg252)
- Flanking (dmg251)
- Facing (dmg252)
- Hitting Cover (dmg272)
- Injuries (dmg272)
- Initiative Variants (dmg270)
- Massive Damage (dmg273)
- Morale (dmg273)
- Alkonost Familiar (cc12)
- Familiars (mm347) – Inc Crawling Claw
- Familiars (vg213) – Inc Cranium Rat
- Gazer Familiar (vg126)
- Imp Familiar (mm69)
- Leonino Familiars (cc250)
- Library Automation Familiar (tb273)
- Living Shade Familiar (cc255)
- Pseudidragon Familiar (mm254)
- Quasit Familiar (mm63)
- Stryx Familiars (tb369)
- Wolpertinger Familiars (cc382)
- Arcane Wasting Disease (tb408)
- Carrion Curse (cc92)
- Darakhul Fever (tb215, cc172)
- Distilled Shadow Poison (cc148)
- Jumenta Pox (cc395)
- Russet Mold (vg196)
- Derro Savant (oota225)
- Dragons as Innate Spellcasters (mm86)
- Drider Spellcasting (mm120)
- Genie Powers (mm144)
- Hag Coverns (mm176)
- Mind Flayer Arcanist (mm222)
- Thri-Kreen Spellcasting (mm288)
- Demon Summoning (mm54, mtf134)
- Devil Summoning (mm68, mtf164)
- Mephit Summoning (mm217)
- Summoning Air Elementals (mm12)
- Yugoloth Summoning (mm311)
Weapons, Armour and Items
- Alp’s Cap (cc14)
- Bone Devil Polearm (mm71)
- Carbuncle Garnet (cc57)
- Cloak of Iridescence (cc321)
- Drow Magic Armour and Weapons (mm126)
- Ebon Shards (cc96)
- Erinyes Rope of Entanglement (mm73)
- Grung Poison (vg156)
- Ice Devil Spear (mm75)
- Infernal Tack (mtf167)
- Iron Token (vg159)
- Magical Item Formula (dmg141)
- Manual of the Lesser Golem (cc200)
- Mixing Potions (dmg140)
- More Difficult Identification (dmg136)
- Night Hag Items (mm179)
- Recharging without a Dawn (xge144)
- Satyr Pipes (mm67)
- Scroll Mishaps (dmg140)
- Slaad Control Gems (mm274)
- Thri-Kreen Weapons (mm288)
- Wands that don’t Recharge (dmg141)
- Warhorse Armour (ph310, mm340)
- 2020-12-20 – Layout cleanup.
D&D Menu – Adventures, Artefacts, Backgrounds, Classes, Dominions, Downtime, Feats, Gazetteers, Gods, Magical Items, Organisations, Pantheons, Races, Ranks & Titles, Rune Magic, Secret Crafts, Settlements, Spells, Timeline, Weapons Mastery
Class Builds – Druid – Circle of Dreams (Woodfey), Fighter – Eldritch Knight (Kerendan), Weapons Master (Makai), Paladin – Oath of Radiance (Sunfey), Oath of Vengeance (Firechild), Wizard – Bladesinger (Seasonfey), Dragon – White
Floorplans – Thyatian
Session Recordings – Campaign Journals
D&D 5E Rules Reference
This site is constantly under revision, no blog posts are final as this is a work in progress place for me to develop my game settings and rules. Some posts might be placeholders for future content, so feel free to check back later for updated information.
Follow My Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox. For managing your subscriptions see Subscription Information.