Pathfinder 2nd Edition
Roleplaying Game Homepage
Pathfinder 2: is a roleplaying game set in a fantasy universe in which robotics, magic and space travel co-exist. This is in the theme of heroic and high fantasy. It is an update to the Pathfinder rules after 10 years of play. The original rules are an expansion of the Dungeons and Dragons 3.5 Edition. The new edition takes the game to a new place with streamlined rules and thematic play in the world of Golarion.
This is my space for discussing Pathfinder 2, conversions from earlier editions and the campaign I am creating.
Game Management: A look at various ways to manage your games.
- Starting with an Annotated Stat Block (2019-09-17) showing how to provide a consistent view of a character to the GM (me) as I run enough games that have a single version of how the character is laid out instead of 40+ individual ones is easier to manage.
- Creating Characters (2020-06-16) is about creating characters for my existing campaigns, walking through the various steps.
- Choosing a new campaign in 2019 (2019-06-11) talks about my options for players when the existing games were due to finish.
- Running Games over Skype (2020-04-21) goes into some basics for players who are new to playing online.
- Tracked experience (2019-12-26) shows how I am working with experience in my pathfinder 2 games.
- I have introduced a mechanic called GM’s Luck (2020-01-07) to make managing the games easier.
- Lastly there is a look at the Playtest (2018-12-11) for Pathfinder 2.
Discussing the Rules
Discussing the Rules: I have details on
- Companions (2020-11-27) Discussing the aspects of
- Crafting PF2 (2020-01-01) items
- Downtime Uses (2020-12-02) Talking about how you can use downtime in Pathfinder 2.
- Minions (2021-02-23) Details on how I will handle minions associated with the party and NPCs.
- Shapechanging (2020-11-28) Discussing the aspects of Shapechaging based on the Core Rulebook.
- Summoning (2020-11-29) Discussing the aspects of Summoning creatures based on the Core Rulebook.
This section talks about the changes due to Errata.
- the various modes of the game being
- Animal Companions (2020-07-14)
- Archetypes (2020-07-15)
- Equipment Updates (2020-07-17)
- General and Skill Feats (2020-07-16)
- Playing the Game (2020-07-18)
- Mitflit (2021-02-23)
- Barbarian – Human Half-Orc
- Druid – Wild Human Half-Elven, Wild Dwarven
- Fighter – Elven Half-Human
- Rogue – Halfling
- Sorcerer – Human
- Bard – Goblin
- Druid Wild Elven Half-Gnome
- Monk – Human
- Ranger – Human Half-Orc
- Wizard – Elven Half-Dwarf
Converting to PF2
PF1 Conversion to PF2: Here I am details three class conversions and many item conversions.
Thassilonian Resurgence Adventure Path (TRAP): Here are two sections, one for the design of the campaign and one for the campaign itself.
Jade Regent Adventure Path (JRAP): Here are the Jade Regent campaign pages.
- Personalities (2020-04-21)
- Campaign Journal
- Minkai Region (2020-12-01) – Region for the end of the adventure path.
Characters Build Options:
- Social Feats (2020-07-01)
- The Broken One – Harori (2020-06-27)
- Sessions 64, 65
- 10 Days in Northen Minkai
- Total campaign Count 1 Year 69 Days
- Sessions 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63
- 59 Days in Forest of Spirits
- 1 Day in House of Withered Blossoms (lvl 11)
- 1500 Deaths of Harori
- Total Campaign Count – 1 Year 59 Days
- Session 47
- 42 Days to Forest of Spirits
- Total Campaign Count – 364 days (1 Year)
- Sessions 45, 46
- Book 4 (lvl 10)
- 5 Days to city of Ordu-Aganhei
- 5 Days for 5 Night Banquet
- Total Campaign Count – 322 days
- Session 40 (lvl 9)
- 13 days on Path of Spirits
- Total Campaign Count – 307 Days.
- Session 39
- 8 Days to Jaagiin
- 1 Day in Jaagiin
- 14 Days towards Wall of Heaven
- 10 Days to Gates of Desna
- Total Campaign Count – 294 Days
- Session 38 (Pathfinder 2)
- 18 Days to Ul-Angorn
- 3 Days in Ul-Angorn
- 7 Days to Ovorikheer Pass
- Total Campaign Count – 261 Days
- Session 37
- 5 Days to Dead Man’s Dome
- 1 Day at Dead Man’s Dome
- 12 Days to Ul-Angorn
- Total Campaign Count- 233 Days
- Session 35, 36 (lvl 8)
- At The Storm Tower
- Total Campaign Count – 215 Days
- Session 34
- 27 Days to The Storm Tower
- Total Campaign Count – 215 Days
- Session 33
- 18 Days to village of Iqaliat
- 5 Days at Iqaliat
- Total Campaign Count – 188 Days
- Session 32
- 16 Days to Bearleg Lakes region
- 3 Days to Bearleg Lakes
- 3 Days to Qoplik Ford
- 6 Days to Wandering Herd
- Total Campaign Count – 165 Days
- Session 31
- 44 Days crossing the Rimethirst Mountains
- 10 Days to Erutaki Elves
- Total Campaign Count – 137 Days
- Session 30
- Book 3 (lvl 7)
- 1 Day at Kalsgard
- Total Campaign Count – 83 Days
- Session 15 to 29 (lvl 5)
- 30 Days at Kalsgard / Ravenscrag (lvl 6)
- Total Campaign Count – 82 Days
- Session 14
- Book 2 (lvl 4)
- 14 Days to Kalsgard
- Total Campaign Count – 52 Days
- Session 05 to 13 (lvl 2)
- 30 Days to Brinewall
- 4 Days at Brinewall (lvl3)
- Total Campaign Count – 38 Days
- Session 03, 04
- 1 Day at Brinestump Swamp
- Total Campaign Count – 4 Days
- Session 01, 02
- Book 1
- 3 Days at Sandpoint
Pathfinder 1st Edition
Roleplaying Game Homepage
Pathfinder: is a roleplaying game set in a fantasy universe in which robotics, magic and space travel co-exist. This is in the theme of heroic and high fantasy. This is based on the Dungeons and Dragons 3.5 Edition of the rules and is advancing that ruleset. This is a solid system, with many expansions, and is compatible with material released for both 3rd Edition and 3.5 Edition of Dungeons and Dragons. It is set in its own world known as Golarion, has many series of link stories called adventure paths, separate modules and a community called Pathfinder Society where you can play single session stories based around scenarios tied to a yearly theme.
Game Management: This talks about tools I use to manage the game, including my first go at an Annotated Stat Block to standardise how a character can look in a basic text form for use in multiple tools.
- Firstly is the Annotated Stat Block (2019-02-12) the provides a standardised version of the character that I can import into all my tools, and allows me to know where the character was built from.
- Creating a New Pathfinder Campaign (2019-04-02) talking about creating a new Pathfinder campaign and what I normally do.
- New Campaign Options for 2019 (2019-07-11) show what options I was putting towards my players for a new campaign when the existing ones were coming to an end.
- Gaming over Skype (2020-04-21) is a basic guide for joining and running games over a voice tool.
- Tracking Experience (2019-12-26) has a section on how I have tracked experience while running a Pathfinder campaign.
Building Characters: Here is a look at building two different characters for the Pathfinder game.
Adventure Path Reviews
Adventure Paths: A look at the adventure paths that I have run, with my thoughts on how my group handled it, while trying not to provide spoilers.
- AP #1 – Rise of the Runelords (2018-01-23)
- AP #2 – Curse of the Crimson Throne (2019-05-28)
- AP #3 – Second Darkness (2019-07-30)
Adventure Path Details
Your Next Great Campaign is About to Begin! Pathfinder Adventure Path is the premiere monthly resource for your fantasy roleplaying campaign. Every month, the Pathfinder Adventure Path brings you a new installment of a 6-part series of interconnected quests that together create a fully developed plot of sweeping scale and epic challenges.
In each volume of the Pathfinder Adventure Path, you’ll meet nuanced characters, visit fantastical locations, face deadly foes, and learn ever more about nefarious plots and an incredible world forged by some of the most popular authors and artists in fantasy gaming. What’s more, each Adventure Path also comes complete with new monsters, detailed supplementary chapters on important topics and locations, and fiction in the Pathfinder’s Journal – everything you need to make your campaign rich, detailed, and engaging.
With two complete campaigns every year, Pathfinder Adventure Path offers a diverse and ever-growing catalogue of themes, challenges, and play experiences. Our campaigns to date include:
- Rise of the Runelords (2018-01-23) Goblin raids on the coastal town of Sandpoint presage a growing danger in the ruin-choked wilderness of Varisia. An ancient evil stirs to waking life in the distant mountains, drawing crazed murderers, inbred ogres, warlike stone giants, and creatures fueled by the power of sin into an epic conflict destined to create a new generation of heroes!
- Curse of the Crimson Throne (2019-05-28) The city of Korvosa is perched on the edge of anarchy—the king is dead, and rumors whisper that his young queen might be responsible! This urban campaign of decadence and dark dealings casts the heroes against plagues, barbarians, riots, and worse!
- Second Darkness (2019-07-30) A strange shadow lurks in the sky above the city of Riddleport, and the doomsayers take it as a sign of the approaching end of the world! The true menace comes not from the skies above but the benighted passages of the subterranean Darklands, leading the heroes on a sweeping quest that begins in a star-struck city, weaves through ancient elven ruins, and unmasks the terrible secret of the dark elves!
- Legacy of Fire (2020-10-19) Long ago, two warring armies of genies fought on the slopes of Pale Mountain, and the world shook under the power of their wishcraft. Today, the armies are wakening, and one potent efreeti warlord is ready to pick up where he left off! This outrageous, inventive campaign takes the heroes to all corners of the desert land of Katapesh and beyond, with journeys to strange demi-planes and even the fabled City of Brass!
- Council of Thieves (2020-10-19) Once the seat of mighty Imperial Cheliax, the decaying metropolis of Westcrown now stands wrecked and ruined, haunted by mysterious shadow beasts and besieged by the agents of the nation’s new diabolical rulers. Amid this chaos, a growing schism in the city’s influential Council of Thieves threatens to tear Westcrown apart unless a new group of heroes rises from the ashes of empire to chart a new destiny for the lost souls of the city.
- Kingmaker (2020-10-19) The wild and dangerous Stolen Lands lie in the northern reaches of the River Kingdoms, realms ripe for the taking! Yet those who would become rulers of these new lands will soon learn that claiming a kingdom and keeping it are two different beasts. Can the heroes protect their lands from jealous and deadly enemies?
- Serpent’s Skull (2020-10-19) A chance shipwreck in pirate-infested waters sets the heroes on a chase to discover a lost city in the jungles of the treacherous Mwangi Expanse! Factions like the Pathfinder Society and the Red Mantis assassin league are also on the hunt to discover the city’s forgotten secrets, terrible revelations that could awaken a sleeping god and bring doom to the world of Golarion!
- Carrion Crown (2020-10-19) The Cult of the Whispering Way weaves a wide-ranging conspiracy throughout the horror-tinged lands of Ustalav aimed at freeing the Lich King Tar-Baphon, better known as the Whispering Tyrant, from his eternal prison in the dungeon of Gallowspire. Their debased rites and malicious schemes set werewolf against vampire, ghost against terror from beyond time and space in a thrilling campaign that touches upon themes of classic horror and dark swords and sorcery!
- Jade Regent (2020-10-19) When a decades-old secret is exposed, an unassuming local tavern-owner and a close friend of the PCs discovers her birthright is to rule one of the ancient Dragon Empires of Tian Xia—the empire of Minkai. Yet the current ruler of this empire, the mysterious and increasingly cruel Jade Regent, has no intention of giving up his hold over the throne. In order to save Minkai from a would-be tyrant, the PCs must not only escort their friend from Varisia to Tian Xia, braving the frozen horrors of the Crown of the World, but must aid her in gaining the trust and support of a nation on the edge of anarchy.
I would like to run the following campaigns:
- Skull & Shackles – There’s adventure to be had on the high seas when a group of press-ganged strangers seizes a ship and becomes embroiled in the plots and politics of the Shackles—an infamous island chain dominated by pirate warlords. But as these new swashbucklers make names for themselves, rival scalawags, enemy navies, legendary sea monsters, and the infamous Hurricane King himself seek to see them walk the plank. Who will survive when there’s glory to plunder?
- Shattered Star – The seven-pointed star known as the Sihedron is well known to scholars of ancient Thassilon, yet few know that the original Sihedron was itself a powerful artifact once owned by Emperor Xin himself. When the Emperor was betrayed by the Runelords, they shattered his Sihedron and hid the fragments in holdings throughout the land, where they would remain hidden for more than ten thousand years. But today, these fragments are surfacing, and it falls to Varisia’s newest crop of heroes to gather the shards of the Shattered Star if they hope to be able to protect Varisia from a dangerous threat from the ancient past!
- 2021-02-09 – Updated JRAP campaign information.
- 2020-10-19 – Cleanup of the layout and adding in Adventure Path details.
Note: Most of these posts are going through content and format updates so feel free to check back and see what has changed.
Thassilonian Resurgence Adventure Path (TRAP) Campaign
Jade Regent Adventure Path (JRAP) Campaign
Adventure Paths: AP #1 – Rise of the Runelords, AP #2 – Curse of the Crimson Throne, AP #3 – Second Darkness, AP #4 – Legacy of Fire, AP #5 – Council of Thieves, AP #6 – Kingmaker, AP #7 – Serpent’s Skull, AP #8 – Carrion Crown, AP #9 – Jade Regent
This site is constantly under revision, no blog posts are final as this is a work in progress place for me to develop my game settings and rules. Some posts might be placeholders for future content, so feel free to check back later for updated information.
Follow My Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox. For managing your subscriptions see Subscription Information.