Pathfinder 2 – Reference
Rules – Minions
Source: PF2 Core Rulebook (pf2-cr)
Here is a rules review on minions for use in Pathfinder 2.
Overview of the Rule Reference on Minions
- Clerics – Command Undead (pf2-cr-123) – Feat
- Clerics – Improved Command Undead (pf2-cr-125) – Feat
- Animal Companions (pf2-cr-214)
- Familairs (pf2-cr-217)
- Ride (pf2-cr-266) General Feat
- Spell Tratis (pf2-cr-301) – Traits for spells
- Minion Trait (pf2-cr-634) – Trait
- Summon Trait (pf2-cr-637) – Trait
Minions are creatures that directly serve another creature. A creature
with this trait can use only 2 actions per turn and can’t use reactions. Your minion
acts on your turn in combat, once per turn, when you spend an action to issue it
commands. For an animal companion, you Command an Animal; for a minion that’s
a spell or magic item effect, like a summoned minion, you Sustain a Spell or Sustain
an Activation; if not otherwise specified, you issue a verbal command, a single action
with the auditory and concentrate traits. If given no commands, minions use no
actions except to defend themselves or to escape obvious harm. If left unattended
for long enough, typically 1 minute, mindless minions usually don’t act, animals
follow their instincts, and sapient minions act how they please.
Animal companions and Familiars are detailed elsewhere so here it will only look at minons gathered by the party.
- Overall Rule: A minion is not intended to outshine a party member, or replace party members longterm.
- Minion Level – A minion ally (that is not summoned) cannot be of the part level or higher. They are expected to be two levels lower than the part level and to level with the party.
- If lower: If it is more than two levels lower, it can advance a level a month until if reaches two levels lower than the party level.
- If higher. Will leave the party at an appropriate time.
- Minion Advancement: They will advance as if they were an animal companion, not gaining class features beyond what they start with.
- At every even advancement beyond level 0, give the minion a archetype feat. I will look at doing a couple of templates to make this easier for quite changes and updates based on testing in games.
This is a work in progress and I expect it to gain more references as I look deeper in to the Game Mastery Guide and Advanced Player’s Guide. It is intended for minions to be support people but not gain class levels in the storylines.
Magical Items: Item Creation, Reference List
Consumable Items: Dispelling Sliver, Fugitive’s Grenade, Halflight Charm
Held Items: Terra-Cotta Talismans, Trail Map of the Region
Runes: Poison Rune
Specific Armour: Armour of the Armadillo, Ghost Mirror Armour, Shozoku of the Night Wind
Specific Weapons: Dancing Wasp, Deadly Kiss, Earthfire Shuriken, Nine-Fold Spirit Sword, Oathtaker, Suishen, Whispering Shrike
Worn items: Claws of the Ice Bear, Sashimono of Comfort
PF2 Menu: Adventures, Classes, Factions, Feats, Items, Races, Rules Updates
Game Management: Annotated Stat Block, Character Creation, Choosing a New Campaign, GM’s Luck Roll, Playtest Thoughts, Running Games over Skype, Tracking Experience
Class Build: Minion (Mitflit), Barbarian (Nexa Shoanti Half-Orc), Bard (Quest – Goblin), Cleric (Pimwinkle – Halfling, , Krol – Elf Half-Gnome), Druid (Barak – Dwarf, Cangacerio – Human Half-Elf), Fighter (Kordar – Elf Half-Human, Zed – Human), Monk (Willy – Human), Oracle (Luna – Shoanti), Ranger (Duzhar – Orc Half-Human), Rogue (Sparky – Dwarf), Sorcerer (Belath – Cheliax), Wizard (Parry – Elf Half-Dwarf)
Discussing the Rules: Animal Companions, Archetypes, Companions, Crafting PF2 Items, Feats, Minions, Playing the Game, Shapechanging, Summoning
Game Modes: Encounter, Exploration, Downtime
Feats: Background, General & Skill, Location
PF1 Conversions to Pathfinder 2: Adventures, Classes, Items, Faction
References: Creatures, Equipment, Items, NPCs, Spells
Thassilonian Resurgence Adventure Path (TRAP) Campaign
Design, Campaign, Campaign Journal, Runelords
Jade Regent Adventure Path (JRAP) Campaign
Personalities, Campaign Journal, Region – Minkai, Prophecy – The Broken One, Characters – Social Feats
Library of Books
B5, d20 System, Pathfinder, SW
This site is currently undergoing migration to www.thedarkelf007.com website due to needing a different set of tools that I had available to me on here.
Basic Links: Who Am I?, Home, Game Tools, Game Session Videos, My Campaigns, My Library, Site Map, Subscription Information
Game Systems: Dungeons & Dragons, Pathfinder 1 & 2, Shadowrun, Star Wars. Other Game Systems
Site sponsored by the author AS Hamilton (my wife) with her books available on amazon kindle.