Pathfinder 2 – Reference
Rules – Minions
Source: PF2 Core Rulebook (pf2-cr)
Here is a rules review on minions for use in Pathfinder 2.
Overview of the Rule Reference on Minions
- Clerics – Command Undead (pf2-cr-123) – Feat
- Clerics – Improved Command Undead (pf2-cr-125) – Feat
- Animal Companions (pf2-cr-214)
- Familairs (pf2-cr-217)
- Ride (pf2-cr-266) General Feat
- Spell Tratis (pf2-cr-301) – Traits for spells
- Minion Trait (pf2-cr-634) – Trait
- Summon Trait (pf2-cr-637) – Trait
Minions are creatures that directly serve another creature. A creature
with this trait can use only 2 actions per turn and can’t use reactions. Your minion
acts on your turn in combat, once per turn, when you spend an action to issue it
commands. For an animal companion, you Command an Animal; for a minion that’s
a spell or magic item effect, like a summoned minion, you Sustain a Spell or Sustain
an Activation; if not otherwise specified, you issue a verbal command, a single action
with the auditory and concentrate traits. If given no commands, minions use no
actions except to defend themselves or to escape obvious harm. If left unattended
for long enough, typically 1 minute, mindless minions usually don’t act, animals
follow their instincts, and sapient minions act how they please.
Animal companions and Familiars are detailed elsewhere so here it will only look at minons gathered by the party.
- Overall Rule: A minion is not intended to outshine a party member, or replace party members longterm.
- Minion Level – A minion ally (that is not summoned) cannot be of the part level or higher. They are expected to be two levels lower than the part level and to level with the party.
- If lower: If it is more than two levels lower, it can advance a level a month until if reaches two levels lower than the party level.
- If higher. Will leave the party at an appropriate time.
- Minion Advancement: They will advance as if they were an animal companion, not gaining class features beyond what they start with.
- At every even advancement beyond level 0, give the minion a archetype feat. I will look at doing a couple of templates to make this easier for quite changes and updates based on testing in games.
This is a work in progress and I expect it to gain more references as I look deeper in to the Game Mastery Guide and Advanced Player’s Guide. It is intended for minions to be support people but not gain class levels in the storylines.
Runes: Poison Rune
Class Build: Minion (Mitflit), Barbarian (Nexa Shoanti Half-Orc), Bard (Quest – Goblin), Cleric (Pimwinkle – Halfling, , Krol – Elf Half-Gnome), Druid (Barak – Dwarf, Cangacerio – Human Half-Elf), Fighter (Kordar – Elf Half-Human, Zed – Human), Monk (Willy – Human), Oracle (Luna – Shoanti), Ranger (Duzhar – Orc Half-Human), Rogue (Sparky – Dwarf), Sorcerer (Belath – Cheliax), Wizard (Parry – Elf Half-Dwarf)
Thassilonian Resurgence Adventure Path (TRAP) Campaign
Jade Regent Adventure Path (JRAP) Campaign
This site is constantly under revision, no blog posts are final as this is a work in progress place for me to develop my game settings and rules. Some posts might be placeholders for future content, so feel free to check back later for updated information.