Pathfinder 2 – Artefact
Jade Regent – Suishen, Guardian of the Amatatsu
- Source: Jade Regent Adventure Path – Book 2 – Night of Frozen Shadows (jr-b2-61).
- Suisgen, Guardian of the Amatatsu
- Conversion Details
- Content Updates
Here is another item I have converted over to Pathfinder 2 from the Jade Regent Adventure Path. It are currently available in all three games.
As part of my conversion process of bringing the Jade Regent over to second edition is to convert the special items from each book. While there are no examples of this in the game as yet, (at least from the books I am referencing) I hope to catch the feel and flavour of the existing items.
New Property Traits:
- Artefact: Artefacts cannot travel through astral space, and will not go through gates or any form of teleport teleportation (including fey step), remaining behind when the holder of the item uses such movement. Any exceptions are up to the god who provides the divine spark for the item.
Suishen, Guardian of the Amatatsu – Minor Artefact
This appears to be Katana that is the ancestral blade of the Amatatsu family. It is believed to contain the soul of the first Amatatsu emperor of Minkai. It has been passed down through generations of the family, serving as adviser and spiritual guide. It was the swords idea to be sold to Fynn Snaevald in order to save the family line.
- Base Ability – This +2 greater striking katana is of Legendary craftmanship, made from high grade cold iron, and has the Flaming and Speed runes providing endure elements to anyone holding the hilt of the sword.
- Activate – two actions – Cast Air Walk on the wielder of the blade. Usable up to three times per day.
- Activate – two actions – Casts Light heightened to 4th level.
- Activate – two action – Cast Resist Energy (cold) heightened to 4th level. Usable up to three times per day.
- Activate – two action – Cast See Invisibility. Usable up to three times per day.
- Communication – The sword has a rough, no-nonsense manner when communicating usually through telepathy of its wielder when held, though can be heard at a distance if it chooses to. It speaks common and tien.
- Senses – It has darkvision and can detect the presence of thoughts up to 60 ft as an action for its wielder. This is blocked by magic such as a ring of mind shielding.
- Dominate – If the wielder acts against Amatatsu interests or is not part of the family line, they must make a Base DC will save or fall under the control of the sword until they take a long rest.
- Special Power – Detect scion of Amatatsu family within 60 ft. This works if they are a natural-born descendant or someone invested with the right to rule as an Amatatsu. Only a Amatatsu can wield this weapon, and only with the permission of the sword.
- Special Purpose – Fight and help defeat the Oni of the five winds.
- 1st – Resist Energy gets heightened to 7th level at will. Dominate DC increases by 2. (done – book 1)
- 2nd – Bane vs Oni of the Five Winds (weapon becomes +3 Major Striking Katana) (Dominate DC increases by 2) (done – book 2)
- 3rd – (tba)
- 4th – (tba)
- 5th – (tba)
- Base DC: The item level is considered 20 and sets the base for the DC, the 4 powers and the 1 special purpose each add +2, the weapon itself adds +8 (+2 per rune) giving a DC of 38 before the special purposes are triggered, which also increase the DC by 2 each.
- 2021-08-04 – Updated the links and menu.
- 2021-02-01 – Naem changed from “Magic Item Suishen” to “Item Artefact Weapon Suishen”
- 2020-11-07 – Layout Updates.
- 2020-03-16 – Structure.
- 2020-02-14 – Changed the base DC to be repeatable for other items.
Artefacts: Amatatsu Seal, Shard of Greed, Shard of Pride, Suishen, Warding Box
PF2 Menu: Adventures, Classes, Factions, Feats, Items, Races, Rules Updates
Game Management: Annotated Stat Block, Character Creation, Choosing a New Campaign, GM’s Luck Roll, Playtest Thoughts, Running Games over Skype, Tracking Experience
Class Build: Minion (Mitflit), Barbarian (Nexa Shoanti Half-Orc), Bard (Quest – Goblin), Cleric (Pimwinkle – Halfling, , Krol – Elf Half-Gnome), Druid (Barak – Dwarf, Cangacerio – Human Half-Elf), Fighter (Kordar – Elf Half-Human, Zed – Human), Monk (Willy – Human), Oracle (Luna – Shoanti), Ranger (Duzhar – Orc Half-Human), Rogue (Sparky – Dwarf), Sorcerer (Belath – Cheliax), Wizard (Parry – Elf Half-Dwarf)
Discussing the Rules: Animal Companions, Archetypes, Companions, Crafting PF2 Items, Feats, Minions, Playing the Game, Shapechanging, Summoning
Game Modes: Encounter, Exploration, Downtime
Feats: Background, General & Skill, Location
PF1 Conversions to Pathfinder 2: Adventures, Classes, Items, Faction
References: Creatures, Equipment, Items, NPCs, Spells
Thassilonian Resurgence Adventure Path (TRAP) Campaign
Design, Campaign, Campaign Journal, Runelords
Jade Regent Adventure Path (JRAP) Campaign
Personalities, Campaign Journal, Region – Minkai, Prophecy – The Broken One, Characters – Social Feats
Library of Books
B5, d20 System, Pathfinder, SW
This site is constantly under revision, no blog posts are final as this is a work in progress place for me to develop my game settings and rules. Some posts might be placeholders for future content, so feel free to check back later for updated information.
Basic Links: Who Am I?, Home, Game Tools, Game Session Videos, My Campaigns, My Library, Site Map, Subscription Information
Game Systems: Dungeons & Dragons, Pathfinder 1 & 2, Shadowrun, Star Wars. Other Game Systems
Site sponsored by the author AS Hamilton (my wife) with her books available on amazon kindle.
2 replies on “PF2 Item Artefact Weapon Suishen”
Wow! That is a big bunch of powerful abilities wrapped into one item.
What level are the PC’s wielding this +2/+3 weapon?
They are currently level 10 having obtained the item at level 4