Pathfinder 2 – Prophecy
The Broken One
Jade Regent Campaign
In each of my campaigns, every character will have at least one Prophecy related to their character and helping to make it com true will provide mechanical rewards.
The Broken One – Prophecy
Haroi: He will die more times that anyone who has gone before, and that his final death will be by his own hand.
Harori has become a relic on the Karmi with the following properties: (acid is the celestial orrigin)
- Heaven’s Grace – Celestial Gift, Minor (GG98) The heavens protect you from harm. You gain a +1 status bonus to AC against attacks by fiends and resistance to an energy type corresponding to the relic’s celestial origin (such as sonic resistance from a choral angel). The resistance is equal to half your level (minimum 1).
- Living Death – Death Gift, Minor (GG98) You stand on the threshold between the living and the dead. If you attempt a saving throw against an effect that would deal negative damage to you, such as harm, your outcome is one degree of success better than what you rolled. If you roll a critical success and the effect is capable of healing undead, you regain HP equal to half the spell’s full damage. Any positive spell or effect that would heal you has only half the normal effect. All these effects apply only if you are a living creature.
- Shroud of the Afterlife – Death Gift, Minor (GG98) Activate one action command, interact Frequency once per day Effect You shroud yourself with powers from beyond the living realm for 1 minute. While this shroud is active, you take on a pallid appearance and gain poison resistance equal to half the relic’s level and a +1 status bonus to saving throws against death effects, diseases, effects that would make you paralyzed, poison, and sleep effects. In addition, the DC for your recovery checks is 9 + your dying value instead of 10 + your dying value
- Word of Faith – Celestial Gift, Minor (GG98) Activate two actions command, interact Frequency once per hour Effect Placing your hand on yourself or an ally, you heal their wounds and bolster their spirit. The target regains 1d8 HP per item level and reduces their frightened value by 1.
- Holy Light – Celestial Gift, Major (GG98) Activate two action command, interact Effect Your relic shines with holy light. This creates bright light in a 30-foot emanation around the item. Evil creatures in the area are frightened 1, and can’t lower their frightened value below 1 as long as they remain in the light. Fiends in the area increase any weakness to good damage they have by 5. You can Sustain this Activation for up to 1 minute.
- Living Death – Death Gift, Major (GG98) You stand on the threshold between the living and the dead. If you attempt a saving throw against an effect that would deal negative damage to you, such as harm, your outcome is one degree of success better than what you rolled. If you roll a critical success and the effect is capable of healing undead, you regain HP equal to half the spell’s full damage. Any positive spell or effect that would heal you has only half the normal effect. All these effects apply only if you are a living creature.
- Righteous Call – Celestial Gift, Major (GG98) Activate two action command, interact Frequency once per day Effect Holy magic fills your armaments, making them true weapons against evil. For 1 minute, your weapons and unarmed attacks gain the holy weapon rune while you hold them. If a weapon is at its limit on property runes, you can choose one property rune on the weapon to go dormant while the holy rune takes effect. In addition, any successful Strikes your allies make while they’re within 30 feet of you deal 1 additional good damage.
- Pierce the Veil – Death Gift, Major (GG99) The relic ability allows you to pierce the veil between life and death. While you are holding or wearing the relic, you have the negative healing ability (as though you were undead; positive energy harms you and negative energy heals you). In addition, whenever you are healed by a negative spell or effect, you gain resistance 5 to all damage (except force, ghost touch, and positive) until the start of your next turn. Finally, you gain a +2 item bonus to all saves against death effects while you are the bearer of the relic; this increases to a +3 item bonus at 13th level.
- Angelic Vessel – Celestial Gift, Grand (GG98) Activate two action command, interact Frequency once per day Effect At your invitation, a celestial imbues your body with the divine. You gain 50 additional Hit Points, increasing both your maximum and current Hit Points, as well as weakness 10 to evil damage. If the relic has the righteous call gift, this activation grants the effects of that gift as well, without expending its daily use. You can Dismiss the effect. If you do, you can unleash a wave of holy power, causing the relic to cast an 8th-level divine decree, choosing good for the alignment.
- Final Death – Death, Grand (GM) Character cannot die until their task is fulfilled or a year has passed. If reduced to zero of less hit points, they regain 5 HP on their next action. No spell or ability can end their life or force them to end it. Once the conditions of the task is completed, you death will happen within that week.
- Harori’s Task – Place Ameiko on the Jade Throne, if she dies his quest will have failed. (Session 63 – 10 months remain)
The idea here is that a person obtains the powers of a relic by accepting and progressing their goals. Here Harori as progressed far down the path of the prophecy, and may still unlock more powers before the conclusion.
- 150 Deaths – Living Death Relic reward applied to all new incarnations.
- 300 Deaths – Heaven’s Grace Relic reward applied to all new incarnations.
- 450 Deaths – Shroud of the Afterlife Relic reward applied to all new incarnations.
- 600 Deaths – Word of Faith reward applied to all new incarnations.
- 750 Deaths – Holy Light reward applied to all new incarnations.
- 900 Deaths – Living Death reward applied to all new incarnations.
- 1050 Deaths – Righteous Call reward applied to all new incarnations.
- 1200 Deaths – Pierce the Veil reward applied to all new incarnations.
- 1350 Deaths – Angelic Vessel reward applied to all new incarnations.
- 1500 Deaths – Final Death reward applied to your last incarnation.
- 2021-08-11 – Updated the layout. Move this to the campaign section for future reference as Jade Regent has ended.
- 2020-12-01 – Updates based for tonight’s session.
Class Build: Minion (Mitflit), Barbarian (Nexa Shoanti Half-Orc), Bard (Quest – Goblin), Cleric (Pimwinkle – Halfling, , Krol – Elf Half-Gnome), Druid (Barak – Dwarf, Cangacerio – Human Half-Elf), Fighter (Kordar – Elf Half-Human, Zed – Human), Monk (Willy – Human), Oracle (Luna – Shoanti), Ranger (Duzhar – Orc Half-Human), Rogue (Sparky – Dwarf), Sorcerer (Belath – Cheliax), Wizard (Parry – Elf Half-Dwarf)
Thassilonian Resurgence Adventure Path (TRAP) Campaign
Jade Regent Adventure Path (JRAP) Campaign
This site is constantly under revision, no blog posts are final as this is a work in progress place for me to develop my game settings and rules. Some posts might be placeholders for future content, so feel free to check back later for updated information.