Pathfinder 2 – Magic Armour
Armour of the Armadillo
Source: PF Ultimate Combat (pf-uc128) and PF2 Gamemastery Guide (pf2-gg) inspired by Jade Regent – Forest of Spirits (jr-b4)
Here is another item I have converted over to Pathfinder 2 from the Jade Regent Adventure Path. It are currently available in all three games. This armour uses the O’Yoroi as a base and is provided as an example of the base item before enchantment.
O-Yoroi – Rare Item 5
- Heavy Armour
- Price: 170 gp
- AC Bonus: +6
- Dex Cap: +1
- Check Penalty: -3
- Speed Penalty: -10 ft
- Strength: 15 – Bulk: 3 Group: Composite
- Weapon Traits: Bulwark, Flexible
Note: Wearing the item gives you a +1 to intimidation checks, and is a unique set of armour that has its own story to tell, which you get to be part of. Very few of these armours are ever made, as few samurai ever reach the heights of fame to be allowed to wear them. Wearing one without authority is a capital office in all Tien lands.
Armour of the Armadillo – Unique Level 14
(Invested, Magical, Transmutation) – 4,045 gp
This +2 Resistant Greater Fire-Resistance Cold Iron O’Yoroi Heavy Armour has it should poultrons in the shape of an Armadillo with ruby coloured eyes.
- Armour Potency +2: Your armour class in increase by 2.
- Cold-Iron: A creature with a weakness to col iron that critically fails an unarmed attack against a creature in cold iron armour becomes sickened 1. A creature with weakness to cold iron becomes sickened 1 while it wears the armour.
- Energy-Resistance: You have resistance 12 to cold, 10 to fire, and 5 to electricity.
- Fiendish Defiance (Fiend): (GG100) +1 to AC vs celestials and oni and resistance to cold of 12.
- Repository of Knowledge (Mind): (GG102) Expert in three lores to be determined. Dimension of Nightmares, North Pole, Oni?
- Resistant: You have +1 to all saving throws.
Design Conversion Notes
I have built this item as end game content, that should serve out the rest of the storyline as appropriate. At this stage, the item has room to group and become more powerful over time.
- base item – O’Yoroi Armour Level 5 – 170 gp
- – Cold Iron Armour – Standard-Grade (lvl 11) 1,560 gp
- – Armour Potency +2 (lvl 11) 1,000 gp
- – Resilient (lvl 4) 65 gp
- – Rune – Energy resistance Greater Fire (lvl 12) 1,650 gp
- – Rune – Energy resistance Electricity (lvl 8) 420 gp
- – Relic Gift (fiend) – Fiendish Defiance 20 gp
- – Relic Gift (mind) – Repository of Knowledge 160 gp
- Total Price 4,045 gp making it a level 14 item.
- 2021-08-11 – Update to the layout.
- 2021-02-01 – Name changed from “Magic Armour of the Armadillo” to “Item Armour Magic Armoiur of the Armadillo”
- 2020-11-07 – Layout Update.
Magical Items: Item Creation, Reference List
Consumable Items: Dispelling Sliver, Fugitive’s Grenade, Halflight Charm
Held Items: Terra-Cotta Talismans, Trail Map of the Region
Runes: Poison Rune
Specific Armour: Armour of the Armadillo, Ghost Mirror Armour, Shozoku of the Night Wind
Specific Weapons: Dancing Wasp, Deadly Kiss, Earthfire Shuriken, Nine-Fold Spirit Sword, Oathtaker, Suishen, Whispering Shrike
Worn items: Claws of the Ice Bear, Sashimono of Comfort
New Heavy Armour: O’Yoroi
New Uncommon Martial Weapons: Wakizashi
New Uncommon Advanced Weapons: Kusarigama, Tetsubo
PF2 Menu: Adventures, Classes, Factions, Feats, Items, Races, Rules Updates
Game Management: Annotated Stat Block, Character Creation, Choosing a New Campaign, GM’s Luck Roll, Playtest Thoughts, Running Games over Skype, Tracking Experience
Class Build: Minion (Mitflit), Barbarian (Nexa Shoanti Half-Orc), Bard (Quest – Goblin), Cleric (Pimwinkle – Halfling, , Krol – Elf Half-Gnome), Druid (Barak – Dwarf, Cangacerio – Human Half-Elf), Fighter (Kordar – Elf Half-Human, Zed – Human), Monk (Willy – Human), Oracle (Luna – Shoanti), Ranger (Duzhar – Orc Half-Human), Rogue (Sparky – Dwarf), Sorcerer (Belath – Cheliax), Wizard (Parry – Elf Half-Dwarf)
Discussing the Rules: Animal Companions, Archetypes, Companions, Crafting PF2 Items, Feats, Minions, Playing the Game, Shapechanging, Summoning
Game Modes: Encounter, Exploration, Downtime
Feats: Background, General & Skill, Location
PF1 Conversions to Pathfinder 2: Adventures, Classes, Items, Faction
References: Creatures, Equipment, Items, NPCs, Spells
Thassilonian Resurgence Adventure Path (TRAP) Campaign
Design, Campaign, Campaign Journal, Runelords
Jade Regent Adventure Path (JRAP) Campaign
Personalities, Campaign Journal, Region – Minkai, Prophecy – The Broken One, Characters – Social Feats
Library of Books
B5, d20 System, Pathfinder, SW
This site is constantly under revision, no blog posts are final as this is a work in progress place for me to develop my game settings and rules. Some posts might be placeholders for future content, so feel free to check back later for updated information.
Basic Links: Who Am I?, Home, Game Tools, Game Session Videos, My Campaigns, My Library, Site Map, Subscription Information
Game Systems: Dungeons & Dragons, Pathfinder 1 & 2, Shadowrun, Star Wars. Other Game Systems
Site sponsored by the author AS Hamilton (my wife) with her books available on amazon kindle.