Pathfinder 2 – Magic Armour
Armour of the Armadillo
Source: PF Ultimate Combat (pf-uc128) and PF2 Gamemastery Guide (pf2-gg) inspired by Jade Regent – Forest of Spirits (jr-b4)
Here is another item I have converted over to Pathfinder 2 from the Jade Regent Adventure Path. It are currently available in all three games. This armour uses the O’Yoroi as a base and is provided as an example of the base item before enchantment.
O-Yoroi – Rare Item 5
- Heavy Armour
- Price: 170 gp
- AC Bonus: +6
- Dex Cap: +1
- Check Penalty: -3
- Speed Penalty: -10 ft
- Strength: 15 – Bulk: 3 Group: Composite
- Weapon Traits: Bulwark, Flexible
Note: Wearing the item gives you a +1 to intimidation checks, and is a unique set of armour that has its own story to tell, which you get to be part of. Very few of these armours are ever made, as few samurai ever reach the heights of fame to be allowed to wear them. Wearing one without authority is a capital office in all Tien lands.
Armour of the Armadillo – Unique Level 14
(Invested, Magical, Transmutation) – 4,045 gp
This +2 Resistant Greater Fire-Resistance Cold Iron O’Yoroi Heavy Armour has it should poultrons in the shape of an Armadillo with ruby coloured eyes.
- Armour Potency +2: Your armour class in increase by 2.
- Cold-Iron: A creature with a weakness to col iron that critically fails an unarmed attack against a creature in cold iron armour becomes sickened 1. A creature with weakness to cold iron becomes sickened 1 while it wears the armour.
- Energy-Resistance: You have resistance 12 to cold, 10 to fire, and 5 to electricity.
- Fiendish Defiance (Fiend): (GG100) +1 to AC vs celestials and oni and resistance to cold of 12.
- Repository of Knowledge (Mind): (GG102) Expert in three lores to be determined. Dimension of Nightmares, North Pole, Oni?
- Resistant: You have +1 to all saving throws.
Design Conversion Notes
I have built this item as end game content, that should serve out the rest of the storyline as appropriate. At this stage, the item has room to group and become more powerful over time.
- base item – O’Yoroi Armour Level 5 – 170 gp
- – Cold Iron Armour – Standard-Grade (lvl 11) 1,560 gp
- – Armour Potency +2 (lvl 11) 1,000 gp
- – Resilient (lvl 4) 65 gp
- – Rune – Energy resistance Greater Fire (lvl 12) 1,650 gp
- – Rune – Energy resistance Electricity (lvl 8) 420 gp
- – Relic Gift (fiend) – Fiendish Defiance 20 gp
- – Relic Gift (mind) – Repository of Knowledge 160 gp
- Total Price 4,045 gp making it a level 14 item.
- 2021-08-11 – Update to the layout.
- 2021-02-01 – Name changed from “Magic Armour of the Armadillo” to “Item Armour Magic Armoiur of the Armadillo”
- 2020-11-07 – Layout Update.
Runes: Poison Rune
New Heavy Armour: O’Yoroi
New Uncommon Martial Weapons: Wakizashi
Thassilonian Resurgence Adventure Path (TRAP) Campaign
Jade Regent Adventure Path (JRAP) Campaign
This site is constantly under revision, no blog posts are final as this is a work in progress place for me to develop my game settings and rules. Some posts might be placeholders for future content, so feel free to check back later for updated information.
Follow My Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox. For managing your subscriptions see Subscription Information.