Pathfinder2 – Class Build
Parry Elf Half-Dwarf Wizard
- Character Creation
- Level Advancement
- Finished Example
- Character Feats
- Content Updates
This is how a new character to the Wednesday night game is being built and brought into the campaign.
Step 1 – Create a Concept
As this campaign was based at the start of the Pathfinder era including a lot of the original concept was building characters using the core book, which were viable in the timeline.
The player wanted to build a tba.
Character is part of the Pathfinder Society.
The character worships a God TBA.
Step 2 – Ability Scores
A starting character has 10 in all their ability scores, noting for Fighter the key ability score is Strength. (Note, no longer using numbers, only the modifier to represent ability scores.
Str +0 – Dex +0 – Con +0 – Int +0 – Wis +0 – Cha +0
Step 3 – Ancestry
The characters base ancestry is Dwarf.
Step 4 – Pick a Background
Characters in the game get the standard background, plus a few extra options including a location as their home from before the pathfinder society and gaining a pathfinder society feat.
Step 5 – Choose a Class
Player has chosen to play a Wizard.
Step 6 – Determine Ability Scores
- Level 1 Ability Scores
- Background – Scholar (Int, Wis) Pathfinder Hopeful (Con, Dex)
- Ancestry – Dex, Int, Wis – Flaw (Con)
- Class – Int
- Level 1 Advancement – Dex, Int, Wis Cha
Str +0 – Dex +2 – Con +0 – Int +4 – Wis +3 – Cha +1
Step 7 – Record Class Details
- Total Hit Points – Race + (Class + Con) x Level
Step 8 – Buy Equipment
Characters start with 15 gp worth of equipment. 10 items of a weight not listed count as a Light bulk (items bought in bulk lots as per the table count as 1 towards this and not automatically become light bulk)
Bulk Total = 6 with 7 Light Bulk
- Basic Weapons and Armor
- Basic Equipment
- Currency (started 15gp)
- Starting Amount –
- Current Amount –
Step 9 – Calculate Modifiers
Character is level 1, so all trained abilities add an extra +3 and all expert abilities add an extra +5. Any skill that does not have a T or and E just add the ability modifier.
Step 10 – Finishing Details
- Alignment – In this game, players only get to choose from Lawful, Neutral or Chaotic. Their actions in game will determine whether they are evil or good.
- Gender and Pronoun – Male
- Bulk ? of ? (Max Bulk ?)
- Starting Character
- Level 1 Mid Level Bonus
- Level 2 Advancement
- Level 2 Mid Level Bonus
- Level 3 Advancement
- Level 3 Mid Level Bonus
- Level 4 Advancement
Level 1 Starting Character
- Player Choices
- Scholar – Boosts (Int, Cha), Skills (Arcana, Lore – Academia), Feats (Assurance – Arcana)
- Location – Riddleport – Skill (Lore – Riddleport)
- Class Options – Boost (Int) Skills (Arcana (replaced by Nature) 2 plus Int (4) – Acrobatics, Diplomacy, Medicine, Occultism, Religion, Survival) Arcane bond (Staff), Arcane thesis (Spell Substitution), Feat (Counterspell), School (Evocation) Focus Pool (1), Focus Spell (Force Bolt)
- Racial Options (Elf) – Boosts (Dex, Int, tba – Flaw (Con)), Heritage (Half Dwarf), Language (Common, Elven, Dwarven +Int (4) – Orish, Draconic, Goblin, Varisian), Ancestry (otherworldly magic – Ray of Frost)
- Level 1 Boosts –
- Wizard Starting Spells (+1 evocation spell)
- (Cantrips x10) Tanglefoot, Prestidigitation, Electric Arc, Dancing Lights, Acid splash, detect magic, telekinetic projectile, message, ghost sound, stabilise
- (1st Level x5) magic missile, colour spray, feather fall, command, air bubble – Ray of Enfeeblement (Evocation bonus)
Level 1 Mid Level Bonus
- Story Bonus – Level 1
- Language – Shoanti (T Speak)
- Background – Pathfinder Hopeful – Boosts (Con, Dex), Skills (Society, Lore – Pathfinder Society) Feat (Additional Lore – Thassilonian)
Level 2 Advancement
- Player Choices – Level 2
- Wizard Feat – Reach Spell
- Skill Feat – Deceptive Worship
- Spells (2x up to 1st level) grim tendrils, shocking grasp
Level 2 Mid Level Bonus
- Story Bonus – Level 2
- Feat – Pathfinder Dedication
- Skills – Stealth (T), Occultism (E), Lore – Pathfinder Society (E)
- Untrained skills adds level
- Language – Shoanti (E)
- Feat – Pathfinder Dedication
Level 3 Advancement
- Player Choices – Level 3
- General Feat – Canny Acumen – perception (E)
- Skill Increase – Arcana (E)
- Spells (2x up to 2nd level) glitter dust, acid arrow
Level 3 Mid Level Bonus
- Story Bonus – Level 3
- Language – Chelaxian (E)
Level 4 Advancement
- Player Choices – Level 4
- Skill Feat – Automatic Knowledge – Arcana
- Wizard Feat – Linked Focus (Evocation)
- Spells (2x up to 2nd level) dispel magic, hideous laughter
Level 4 Mid Level Bonus
- Story Bonus – Level 4
- Pathfinder Advancement – TBA FEAT
Level 4 – Parry Elven Half-Dwarf Wizard
- Traits: Medium, Wizard, Half-Breed, Dwarf, Humanoid, Elf
- Elven Half-Dwarf Male Wizard 4
- Perception +
- (Untrainted – lvl+mod) +5 Arcana (Int), +6 Athletics (Str), +5 Deception (Cha), +5 Diplomacy (Cha), +5 Lore – Other (Int), +5 Occultism (Int), +5 Performance (Cha), +5 Society (Int), +4 Stealth (Dex), +4 Thievery (Dex)
- (Trained – lvl+mod+2) +6 Acrobatics (Dex), +7 Crafting (Int), +7 Intimidation (Cha), +7 Lore – Riddleport (Int), +7 Lore – Warfare (Int), +10 Religion (Wis), +10 Survival (Wis),
- (Expert – lvl+mod+4) +9 Lore – Pathfinder Society (Int), +9 Lore – Thassilonian (Int), +12 Medicine (Wis), +12 Nature (Wis)
Str +0 – Dex +2 – Con +0 – Int +4 – Wis +2 – Cha +2
- AC 18 (unarmoured T), Fort +11 (E), Refl +6 (T), Will +12 (E)
- HP 30 (Race 6, (Class 6 + Con Mod 0 x level) Class (6+0)*4 = 24)
- Speed 20 ft (TBA)
- Proficiencies – (Trained) Armour (Light, Medium, Unarmoured), Simple Weapons, Unamend Attack
GEAR AND EQUIPMENT
Bulk Total = 0 with 0 Light Bulk
- Basic Weapons and Armor (0) [0 bulk, 0 light]
- Weapons –
- Armour and Shield –
- Ammunition and Others –
- Basic Equipment (0) [0 bulk, 0 light, 0 not listed]
- Currency (started 15gp)
- Starting Amount – ;
- Current Amount – ;
- Background: Scholar and Pathfinder Hopeful
- Home Location: Riddleport
- Archetypes: Pathfinder Agent
- Story Points
PF2 Background Feats – Pathfinder Hopeful
- Source: PF2 Lost Omens World Guide (pf2-lo-wg p22 and
- Note: This feat is a free feat for all TRAP characters who have become trainee pathfinders with discussion and approval from GM.
- You’ve long wanted to join the adventurous Pathfinder Society. You have taken up the dangerous life of an adventurer in hopes of earning a spot among the Pathfinders.
- Choose two ability boosts. One must be to Constitution or Intelligence, and one is a free ability boost.
- You’re trained in the Society skill and the Pathfinder Society Lore skill. You gain the Additional Lore skill feat.
PF2 Faction – Pathfinder Agent – Dedication – Feat 2
- Source: Lost Omens World Guide (lo-wg-23)
- Tags: Uncommon, Archetype, Dedication
- Prerequisite: Member of the Pathfinder Society, trained in Absalom
- Your pathfinder training has broadened your horizons and made you more flexible at various skills, since you never know when you might need an obscure skill to complete your mission. You become trained on one skill of your choice, expert in a skill of your choice in which you were trained. You also become trained in Pathfinder Lore, or an expert if you were already trained. When using a skill untrained, your proficiency bonus is equal to your level instead of 0. You gain access to wayfinders.
- Special: You cannot select another dedication feat until you have gained two other feats from Pathfinder agent.
PF2 Location Feat – Home in <location>
- Requirement: A race that is accepted as part of the community. You have a family holding in the location that has an ancient runegate as part of the structure.
- Once you become a Pathfinder and gain access to the Home runegate option, you gain the “Activate Teleportation to <Location>” ritual and are trained in the appropriate skill for the ritual based on the location.
- You gain Lore – <Location> as you grew up here.
- Note: You know the location of a portal that can be activated in <Location> under your families control. Character cannot access it until they have more levels than uncommon elements in their character build, rare elements are treated as two elements for this purpose.
- And the new rituals learned by characters with purchase from the Tien Lantern Lodge faction of the Pathfinder Society.
PF2 General or Skill Feats – Additional Lore – General Skill Feat 1
- Source: Core Rulebook (rb-cr-259)
- Traits: General, Skill
- Prerequisites trained in Lore
- Your knowledge has expanded to encompass a new field. Choose an additional Lore skill subcategory. You become trained in it. At 3rd, 7th, and 15th levels, you gain an additional skill increase you can apply only to the chosen Lore subcategory.
- Special You can select this feat more than once. Each time you must select a new subcategory of Lore and you gain the additional skill increases to that subcategory for the listed levels.
Class Build: Minion (Mitflit), Barbarian (Nexa Shoanti Half-Orc), Bard (Quest – Goblin), Cleric (Pimwinkle – Halfling, , Krol – Elf Half-Gnome), Druid (Barak – Dwarf, Cangacerio – Human Half-Elf), Fighter (Kordar – Elf Half-Human, Zed – Human), Monk (Willy – Human), Oracle (Luna – Shoanti), Ranger (Duzhar – Orc Half-Human), Rogue (Sparky – Dwarf), Sorcerer (Belath – Cheliax), Wizard (Parry – Elf Half-Dwarf)
Thassilonian Resurgence Adventure Path (TRAP) Campaign
Jade Regent Adventure Path (JRAP) Campaign
This site is constantly under revision, no blog posts are final as this is a work in progress place for me to develop my game settings and rules. Some posts might be placeholders for future content, so feel free to check back later for updated information.