Shadowrun Roleplaying Game
Shadowrun is a science fantasy tabletop role-playing game set in a near-future fictional universe in which cybernetics, magic and fantasy creatures co-exist. It combines genres of cyberpunk, urban fantasy and crime, with occasional elements of conspiracy, horror and detective fiction. (See www.shadowruntabletop.com).
Shadowrun Campaign 2
Converting to Genesys RPG
Genesys: is a generic roleplaying game system by Fantasy Flight Games that uses a narrative style of play, and dynamic advancement system and has its roots in the Star Wars Roleplaying Game. There are three sourcebooks released at this stage. A core rules, a fantasy epic and a cyberpunk which when combined make a decent Shadowrun without bending the rules.
What is this project. This is a project to create a new narrative based game around the Shadowrun Universe. There is also a chance I will incorporate other 80’s based nostalgia in there as well that would be a step away from Shadowrun depending on the players and when I set the game.
- Part 1 – Why choose Genesys
- Part 2 – Setting, Races and Careers
- Part 3 – Changed History
- Part 4 – Character Creation
- Part 5 – Magic System
- Part 6 – Hacker System
- Part 7 – Player Races
- Part 8 – Player Careers
- Part 9 – Specialisations
- Part 10 – Combat System
- Part 11 – Social System
- Part 12 – Vehicle System
- Part 13 – Equipment System
Note: Most of these posts are going through content and format updates so feel free to check back and see what has changed.
Secret Projects of the Shadowrun Setting – AI (Gen 2), Corporate Court (Gen 1), Project Beanstalk (Gen 4), Project Excalibur (Gen 2), Project Hero (Gen 1), Project Matrix (Gen 2), Project Night City (Gen 2), Project Resonance (Gen 3), Project UEDF (Gen 1), Project Valkyrie (Gen 2), Project Wasteland (Gen 1), The Ark (Gen 1), The Asteroid (Gen 3), The Awakening (Gen 1), The Island (Gen 1),
The full extent of all these projects have not made it to the public eye, or even the corporate boardroom of those involved. This will be a underlying theme in the ongoing storylines.
Shadowrun Game Management
- Choosing a new Campaign – What game options I gave my players for 2019.
- Creating a Shadowrun Campaign – When creating a Shadowrun game, here are the things I was keeping in mind.
- Running Games over Skype – Here are useful tips for running games over skype.
- Tracking Experience – Here are examples of using experience for Shadowrun.
Shadowrun Campaign Notes
- Personalities – Personalities of the Shadowrun world, this is based on the campaign information I had put together based around 2072.
- Horrors – Unspeakable evil wanting to kill every living thing.
- Rewards – Cash, Karma with advancement and becoming legends.
- Security – When runners get up to their nefarious deeds, it is the security forces of the sixthed world’s job to stop them. Their job is not an easy one, as runners are generally more skilled, and better equipped. This section provides information about the security techniques you can throw at your players to keep them on their toes.
- Timeline – Official
- Seattle 2072 – With some notation from Shadowrunners.
- ShadowSea – Seattle matrix location.
- Corporations – A list of all corporations.
- Ares –
- Aztechnology – Stuffer Shack
- Evo –
- Horizon –
- MCT –
- NeoNet – JRJ International
- Renraku –
- Saeder-Krupp – BMW
- Wuxing –
- Seattle 2069 – Dealing with the criminal organisations of Seattle.
- Seattle Elections 2069 – A look at the elections for Seattle.
Campaign 1 – Gen 1
This campaign started in 2009 and ran for five years, going from street level play to elite runner with the characters retiring to work for Horizon.
Campaign 1 – Gen 1 Street
Campaign 1 – Gen 1 Runners
- Gen 1 Runner Campaign
Campaign 1 – Gen 2
This is a follow on campaign with a bunch of street level runners almost making it to the elite level before being betrayed by one of their own. It also ran for 5 years.
Campaign 1 – Gen 2 Street
- Gen 2 Street Campaign – The Setup
Campaign 1 – Gen 2 Runner
Campaign 1 – Gen 3
This is a two year campaign that concludes “The Shadows” Storyline that started in the first generation. The conclusion was rushed from a five year story arc down to three sessions.
Campaign 1 – Gen 3 Runner
Campaign 1 – Gen 3 Terrinoth
Campaign 1 – Gen 3 Prime
- 2022-05-31 – Linked in all the new Genesys sections.
- 2022-05-28 – Update to material and changing around priorities with starting the Genesys version of Shadowrun.
- 2022-02-22 – Added in links to official timeline page
- 2020-12-20 – Layout clean up.
Building my own Shadowrun in Genesys:
Part 1 – Why choose Genesys
Part 2 – Setting, Races and Careers
Part 3 – Changes to History
Part 4 – Character Creation
Part 5 – Magic System
Part 6 – Hacker System
Part 7 – Player Races
Part 8 – Player Careers
Part 9 – Specialisations
Part 10 – Combat System
Part 11 – Social System
Part 12 – Vehicle System
Part 13 – Equipment System
References: Equipment, Vehicles
Storyline: Seattle Elections 2069
Gen 3 – 2050
This site is constantly under revision, no blog posts are final as this is a work in progress place for me to develop my game settings and rules. Some posts might be placeholders for future content, so feel free to check back later for updated information.