Game Management for RPGs
Working with Role-Playing Games
Game Tools: are a group of posts about managing games and game assets. This includes managing electronic games and tools. This also talks about generic concepts such as choosing a new campaign when the old one is finished.
- Choosing a New Campaign (2019-06-11)
- House Rules (2020-11-22) – Warning regarding an emotional post discussing how House Rules, Rules as Written and Rules as Intended can impact play, the games master and the games.
- Running Games over Skype (2020-04-21)
- Sandbox vs Linear Storyline (2020-11-24)
- Table Rules (2020-11-23) Why my gaming table has four core rules of play.
- Tracking Experience (2019-12-26)
- GM’s Luck Roll (2020-01-07)
Annotated Stat Blocks
- D&D Mystara Design
- Genesys (2019-06-04)
- Pathfinder (2019-04-02)
- Pathfinder 2 TRAP Design
- Shadowrun (2019-04-16)
- Star Wars (2019-04-09)
Concluding a Campaign
- Star Wars (2019-03-26)
Virtual Table Top Software
Virtual Tabletop Software (VTT) are tool that assist in the running and management of table top games.
Discussing working with the following tools:
- Hero Lab (currently being decomissioned as a tool due to moving to online only format)
- Realm Works (currently being decomissioned as a tool due to support bing dropped)
- Installation (2020-07-01)
Age of Steam Articles
Age of Steam: is talking about how gaming has evolved since the arrival of modern computers games and an online delivery system that does not require any human interaction.
Note: Most of these posts are going through content and format updates so feel free to check back and see what has changed.
- 2021-01-01 – Notes relating to decomissioning of tools from my teams due to changes in 2020.
- 2020-12-20 – Layout cleanup.
Concluding a Campaign: Star Wars
Age of Steam
This site is constantly under revision, no blog posts are final as this is a work in progress place for me to develop my game settings and rules. Some posts might be placeholders for future content, so feel free to check back later for updated information.
Follow My Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox. For managing your subscriptions see Subscription Information.