Pathfinder 2nd Edition
Designing a Adventure Path
Thassilonian Resurgence Adventure Path (TRAP)
Thassilonian Resurgence Adventure Path (TRAP): is an adventure path based on a combination of 1st edition storylines set in the nation of Varisia such Rise of the Runelords, Shattered Star and Return of the Runelords. I am also incorporating the storylines from Curse of the Crimson Throne, Second Darkness and the start of Jade Regent. Lastly I am including information from the seasons of Pathfinder society. This storyline spans ten years in game, with level progression every six months and each character has a home, a family, and a secret to keep. They will also be interacting with the Pathfinder Society, with the expectation they become members.
Note: These sections will be continuously updated as I progress my campaign development.
- Part 1 – The Concept (2019-07-09): What i am trying to do for the overall campaign. This also talks about incorporating Rise of the Runelords.
- Part 2 – Main Cities (2019-08-06): The cities of the campaign that players are expected to know about. This also talks about incorporating Curse of the Crimson Throne.
- Part 3 – The Adventure Path (2019-08-12): Going through all the resources I am using to build this new adventure path based on the existing ones. This also talks about incorporating Second Darkness.
- Part 4 – House Rules (2019-08-20): The changes I have made to the core rules for my home games. This also talks about incorporating The Shattered Star.
- Part 5 – Thassilonia (2019-08-27): This talks about the 10,000 years gone civilisation of Thassilonia that the ruins of in Varisia come from. This also talks about incorporating Return of the Runelords.
- Part 6 – Factions and Characters (2019-09-10): This lists all the factions going around the setting, and includes what my players have chosen to play. This also talks about incorporating the Jade Regent Adventure Path.
- Part 7 – Pathfinder Factions (2019-09-24): This details all the pathfinder factions as of year 1 of the campaign set in 4708 AR the first year of the Pathfinder society. This also talks about incorporating the Pathfinder Society Scenarios. (ongoing information being moved to own faction articles)
- Part 8 – Learning from Conversion (2019-10-22): things I have learnt while working on this project. This also talks about incorporating modules set in Varisia.
- Part 9 – Half-Breed (2020-02-03): Here are detailed rules on how I am dealing with Half-Breed being the ability for any player race to have offspring from any other player race with the mother being a critical part of the outcome.
- Part 10 – Using Renown (2020-02-11): Here are my base rules for the spending of renown in my campaign.
- Part 11 – Gaining Renown and Fame – Here are my base rules for gaining renown in my campaign.
- Part 12 – Location Feats – How the new location feats work in the campaign with two new rituals about using Portal Travel.
- Part 13 – Adventures – How do the adventures fit together.
- Part 14 – Faction Points – How characters have earnt and spent faction points over the campaign.
- Part 15 – Update AR 4709 – A letter from Shelia Hindmarsh to the members of her branch.
- 2022-07-01 – Added part 15
- 2021-10-28 – Added part 14
- 2021-10-26 – Added part 13
- 2020-12-20 – Layout cleanup.
- 2020-04-22 – Added part 12.
- 2020-03-10 – Added part 11.
- 2019-12-19 – Published this page.
Creating a New Campaign:
Part 1 (The Concept),
Part 2 (Main Cities and Guide),
Part 3 (The Adventure Path),
Part 4 (House Rules),
Part 5 (Thassilonia),
Part 6 (Factions and Characters),
Part 7 (Pathfinder Factions),
Part 8 (Learning from Conversion),
Part 9 (Half-Breed),
Part 10 (Using Renown),
Part 11 (Gaining Renown and Fame),
Part 12 (Location Feats),
Part 13 (Adventures),
Part 14 (Faction Points)
Part 15 (Update AR 4709)
This site is constantly under revision, no blog posts are final as this is a work in progress place for me to develop my game settings and rules. Some posts might be placeholders for future content, so feel free to check back later for updated information.