Dungeons and Dragons – Mystara Immortals
Mazikeen – Sphere of Energy
Player Section – Mazikeen
Keengror, Maziburg, Stirpicore
- Favoured Weapon: Light Hammer
- Domains: Arcana, Clockwork, Knowledge, Labyrinth
- Symbol: a cubic labyrinth
- Warlocks: Pact of the Great Machine
- Patron – Magic, Magical Constructs, Magical Research
- Eternals pantheon only – Sphere of Energy (Eternal)
- Energy pantheon only – Sphere of Energy (Eternal)
- Dwarven & Gnome (Keengror)
- Makai (Stirpicore)
- Norse (Maziburg)
- Thyatian Empire (The Serpentform)
Appearance: a humanoid of about 6′ with four arms, that allows him to manipulate more objects at the same time. His build is slender, a square face and with greased and un-groomed, long black hair. His head is disproportionately large due to the dimensions of his brain; his spine and neck are curved because of the weight of his head.
Mazikeen’s Campaign Information
- AC 1000
- Spear of Mazikeen – discovered in Temple of Atruaghin
Game Master Section – Mazikeen
Mazikeen – Eternal of Energy (27)
Was Temporal of Energy (11)
- Sourcebooks: Vault of Pandius (web-vop)
- Portfolio: Magical research, magical constructs.
- Other Names: Maziburg, Keengror, Mazikeena, Stirpicore, The Serpentform
- Sponsor: Pharamond
- Alignment: Chaotic
- Artefacts: The Cubic Labyrinth, Mazikeen’s Staff
History: in his mortal life, Mazikeen served as court mage to various tyrants and rulers of a by now vanished world, everyone of which died “passing him on” to their successor. Mazikeen was very happy of serving whoever, until the fee for continuing his research was called excessive. He would never have reached Immortality without the guidance of his patron, Pharamond. Succeeding instead in his task creating in the I century BC the Cubic Labyrinth of the Six Planes, an innovative artefact whose only creation formed his Test, Task and part of the Testimony (seeing that in the part of the universe we’re talking about he was the unquestioned lord of magic). Later Mazikeen concentrated his attention on the outer planes that he controlled, starting to create new races and cultures as experiments for verifying the relations between the development of magic and social and technological progress. Convinced by the accusation of Pharamond regarding the prejudice of the celestial hierarchy against the Immortal candidates not belonging to the Prime Material, dedicating himself body and soul to the cause of Pharamond, conducting experiments in the outer planes for finding new candidates for Immortality. Only when he worked out that Pharamond had manipulated him and had violated many Immortal laws Mazikeen found the strength to abandon his patron, thus ending up victim of the revenge of Pharamond, even if he was then able to save himself thanks to the intervention of other Immortals some years ago.
Personality: Despite being a brilliant and original individual, who never looks for the simplest and straightforward solution, Mazikeen is terribly introverted and socially inept, lacking the ambition and aggressiveness of which most of the Immortals have required to be successful. Because of his timidity and sense of fragility, he is extremely naïve and can be easily betrayed when trying to get the approval of someone else; for this Mazikeen has remained largely under the dominant influence of Pharamond (towards who he does not show any sense of revenge). The real fixation of Mazikeen nevertheless is magic and invention: without any for power, wealth, or the defence of justice, he only wishes to play with the laws of the universe and carrying forward his crazy experiments. On one side he sincerely believes that the universe is completely predictable in its nature, and on the other his only objective in life is subverting the same laws of the universe.
Allies of Mazikeen
Assists (can also be assisted by)
Enemies of Mazikeen
Opposes (can also be opposed by)
Sponsorship Hierarchy – Energy
- Sponsorship of the Energy Sphere
- Ixion (36) Hierarch of Energy
- Coberham (18) Celestial of Energy
- Gorm (19) Empyreal of Energy moved to Thought (22)
- Heimdall (30) Eternal of Energy
- Ilsundal (34) Hierarch of Energy.
- Mahmatti (14) Celestial of Energy
- Ninsun (35) Hierarch of Energy
- Palartarkan (12) Temporal of Energy moved to Thought (11)
- Patura (10) Temporal of Energy
- Rathanos (28) Eternal of Energy
- Razud (31) Hierarch of Energy.
- Alphatia (16) Celestial of Energy.
- Pharamond (34) Hierarch of Energy moved to Entropy (32)
- Mazikeen (27) Eternal of Energy.
- The Shining One (28) Eternal of Energy.
- Marwdyn (6) Initiate of Energy moved to Entropy (4)
- Saturnius (20) Empyreal of Energy
- Tahkati (17) Celestial of Energy moved to Matter (17)
- Tarastia (30) Eternal of Energy moved to Thought (30)
- Raith (12) Temporal of Energy
- The Korrigans (24) Empyreal of Energy moved to Matter (22)
- Thor (29) Eternal of Energy. moved to Thought (29)
- Bartziluth (24) Empyreal of Energy.
- Bemarris (3) Initiate of Energy.
- Madarua (26) Eternal of Energy
- Thalia (36) Hierarch of Energy moved to Thought (31)
- Usamigaras (27) Eternal of Energy moved to Thought (27)
- Zugzul (32) Hierarch of Energy.
- Slizzark (15) Celestial of Energy moved to Entropy (17)
- Ixion (36) Hierarch of Energy
- Confirmed not to have a sponsor
- Benekander (1) Initiate of Energy
- Rad (22) Empyreal of Energy
- Rafiel (21) Empyreal of Energy
- Branden (11) Temporal of Energy moved from Matter (3)
Information to be discovered by Groups
- Azcan (Mazikeen) associated with Mazikeen’s Staff and the Cubic Lanyrinth
- Nithian (Mazikeena)
Design Details – Mazikeen
Classic D&D (BECMI) Stats
- Alignment of followers: followers and clerics can have any alignment
- Favourite weapon: none (permitted all bludgeoning weapons)
- Clerics skills and powers: +1 bonus to Intelligence, +5% bonus to any magical research
D&D 3.5 Stats
- Domains: Energy, Magic, Knowledge
- Preferred weapon: Light hammer
Rank increase fro 11 (Temporal) to 27 (Eternal) as this fits my storyline.
Mazikeen – Patron to Pantheon Links – This is to be the basis on who is in what Pantheon and why.
- Eternal (rank) added to the Eternals pantheon.
- Sphere of Energy (rank group) added to Energy pantheon.
- 2021-09-27 – Added in design changes and Patron to Pantheon links to show where this Immortal features in the Pantheon. Rank update to 27, Title update to Eternal.
- 2021-08-11 – Updated the layout, tags and links.
- 2021-02-22 – Format updated, with links to Artefact.
The Gods: The Immortals Overview, Patrons
GM Section: Immortality Overview, Path Conqueror, Path Dragon, Path Dynast, Path Epic Hero, Path Paragon, Path Polymath, Quest Petition, Quest Meeting
Energy/Fire (31): Alphatia (16), Bartziluth (24), Bemarris (3), Benekander (1), Branden 11), Coberham (18), Fire Elemaster (33), Guidarezzo (15), Heimdall (30), Iliric (8), Ilsundal (34), Ixion (36), Madarua (26), Mazikeen (27), Mahmatti (14), Matin (19), Mealiden (23), Minroth (13), Ninsun (35), Patura (10), Pflarr (25), Rad (22), Rafiel (21), Raith (12), Rathanos (28), Razud (31), Saturnius (20), The Shaper (7), The Shining One (29), Zirchev (17), Zugzul (32)
Entropy/Darkness (35): Alphaks (20), Aracne Prime (6), Arik (18), Atzanteotl (31), Bachraeus (19), Bagni (24), Brissard (10), Danel (14), Demogorgon (29), Harrow (11), Hel (36), Hircismus (12), Idris (15), Jammudaru (5), Kallala (22), Kiranjo (7), Kythria (2), Loki (30), Loup (9), Macroblan (27), Marwdyn (4), Masauwu (28), Nyx (33), Orcus (26), Ouranos (34), Pharamond (32), Qywattz (21), Ranivorus (16), Ruaidhri (3), Saasskas (23), Slizzark (17), Stodos (6), Talitha (25), Thanatos (35), Yagrai (13)
Matter/Earth (34): Atruaghin (32), Buglore (9), Chiron (6), Diamond (21), Djaea (34), Earth Elemaster (33), Faunus (11), Forsetta (7), Garl (13), Ground (19), Hattani (15), Ilmarinen (20), Infaust (16), Ka (35), Kagyar (28), Land (27), Lokena (2), Lornasen (10), Maat (30), N’grath (29), Opal (18), Paarkum (8), Polunius (25), Pearl (12), Tahkati (17), Terra (36), The Eternal General (14), The Great One (26), The Korrigans (24), The Twelve Watches (4), Utnapishtim (23), Valerias (31), Wayland (24), Wogar (5)
Thought/Air (36): Air Elemaster (32), Arnelee (8), Asterius (28), Clebard (2), Cochere (12), Cretia (16), Diulanna (18), Eiryndul (20), Frey (13), Freyja (13), Gorm (22), Halav (17), Karaash (5), Kersy (21), Korotiku (32), Koryis (10), Malinois (15), Ninfangle (27), Nob Nar (5), Noumena (34), Odin (36), Orisis (19), Palartarkan (11), Palson (4), Pax (35), Ralon (9), Sinbad (25), Soubrette (24), Ssu-Ma (23), Tarastia (30), Taroyas (6), Thalia (31), Thor (29), Turmis (1), Urtson (7), Usamigaras (27)
Time/Water (33): Al-Kalim (3), Ahmanni (14), Bastet (22), Brindorhin (14), Calitha (18), Carnelian (11), Chardastes (24), Crakkak (10), Finidel (7), Fugit (30), Gorrziok (25), Hymir (13), Khoronus (36), Liena (1), Luca (12), Malafor (15), Oleyan (6), Ordana (31), Petra (17), Protius (29), Raven (21), Sharpcrest (19), Simurgh (19), Skuld (34), Tiresias (9), Tourlain (8), Tyche (28), Urd (32), Vanya (23), Vethandi (35), Water Elemaster (33), Yav (20), Zalaj (27)
Library of Books
B5, d20 System, Pathfinder, SW
This site is constantly under revision, no blog posts are final as this is a work in progress place for me to develop my game settings and rules. Some posts might be placeholders for future content, so feel free to check back later for updated information.
Basic Links: Who Am I?, Home, Game Tools, Game Session Videos, My Campaigns, My Library, Site Map, Subscription Information
Game Systems: Dungeons & Dragons, Pathfinder 1 & 2, Shadowrun, Star Wars. Other Game Systems
Site sponsored by the author AS Hamilton (my wife) with her books available on amazon kindle.