Dungeons and Dragons – Mystara Immortals
Opal – Sphere of Matter
Player Section – Opal
Lord of Gemstone Dragonkind
The Sun Dragon
- Patron – Lizardfolk, Vengeance, Willpower. Patron – Racial (Dragonkind)
- Celestial pantheon only – Sphere of Matter (Celestial)
- Matter pantheon only – Sphere of Matter (Celestial)
- Alphatian Empire (Lord of Gemstone Dragonkind)
- Assembly (Opal) Due to being an Immortal of Mystara.
Appearance: a huge dragon whose scales are iridescent white with hundreds of pinpoints with the colours of the rainbow.
Opal’s Campaign Information
Game Master Section – Opal
Opal – Celestial of Matter (18)
- Sourcebooks: Wrath of the Immortals Book One – Codex of the Immortals (wi-b1-30), Vault of Pandius (vop)
- Portfolio: Neutral (Gemstone) Dragons, lizardkin, vengeance, willpower
- Other Names: The Sun Dragon, Lord of Gemstone Dragonkind, Sun Spirit
- Sponsor: The Great One
- Alignment: Neutral
- Artefact: Crown of Air, Scale of Opal
Allies of Opal
Assists (can also be assisted by)
- The Great One (26) Eternal of Matter
Enemies of Opal
Opposes (can also be opposed by)
- Idris (15) Celestial of Entropy
Sponsorship Hierarchy – Matter
- Sponsorship of the Matter Sphere
- Earth Elemaster (33) Hierarch of Matter
- Ouranos (35) Hierarch of Matter Moved to Entropy (34)
- Terra (36) Hierarch of Matter
- Buglore (9) Temporal of Matter
- Djaea (34) Hierarch of Matter
- Infaust (16) Celestial of Matter
- Faunus (11) Temporal of Matter
- Chiron (6) Initiate of Matter
- Forsetta (7) Temporal of Matter
- Ka (35) Hierarch of Matter
- Bastet (16) Celestial of Matter moved to Time (22).
- Gorrziok (22) Empyreal of Matter moved to Time (25)
- Crakkak (10) Temporal of Matter moved to Time (10)
- Kagyar (28) Eternal of Matter
- Lokena (2) Initiate of Matter
- Lornasen (10) Temporal of Matter moved from Energy (7)
- Ninfangle (27) Eternal of Matter (27) Moved to Thought (26)
- Wogar (5) Initiate of Matter
- Tahkati (17) Celestial of Matter moved from Energy (17)
- Utnapishtim (23) Empyreal of Matter
- Land (27) Eternal of Matter
- Maat (30) Eternal of Matter
- Macroblan (13) Celestial of Matter moved to Entropy (27)
- Malafor (18) Celestial of Matter moved to Time (15)
- The Great One (26) Eternal of Matter
- Urtson (12) Temporal of Matter moved to Thought (7)
- Terra (36) Hierarch of Matter
- Valerias (31) Hierarch of Matter
History: Opal was a jade dragon that lived in the heart of a great forest in the Davanian continent. Like all dragons, she fought against humans, monsters and humanoids in order to hold sway over a small region and began to hoard treasures in order to her power and to rule over her lesser kin. When the moment of the mating came, she chose a companion and hatched her eggs deep in her lair, slaughtering her mate afterwards. When the eggs broke and the small dragons opened their eyes to the world, they started demanding food and so Opal left her lair to hunt. Unfortunately during the combat with an elephant she seriously injured her wing and this prevented her from returning home immediately. After some days she recovered and flew back to her lair, but once there she discovered that her hatchlings had been slaughtered and her treasure stolen. Piecing together all the clues that the murders (men without doubt) had left behind, Opal began to study the magical arts fuelled by her thirst for vengeance and waited with patience until she mastered the spell to turn herself into a human. Then she set out to find the adventurers that had slain her breed carrying with her the little clues they had left. She wandered unnoticed through the land of men for twenty years and thanks to her magics and cunning she found all the murderers and killed them and all their families one after the other in cold blood, never allowing fury or passion to guide her heart or mind. This incredible quest and the indomitable will she showed attracted the attention of the Great One, that decided to test her to understand if she could become one of the Immortal Draconic Lords. Opal carried out all the tasks the Great One gave her and finally achieved immortality in the sphere of Matter around the VII century AC.
Personality: During her quest under human shape Opal met many humans, some of them she appreciated and others she loathed. However, all shared the same idea about dragons: they were monsters that had to be killed and to be robbed of their treasures. For this reason Opal nurtures a deep hatred towards humans, especially human adventurers, whom she considers a bunch of murderers and thieves. Opal is the Patroness of cold blood vengeance, of rational and cunning planning before acting, and has a deep liking for all those who survive family massacres. If called upon by these victims, she protects them and helps them in their quest for vengeance (even if they are humans!). Currently her cult is spread among dragons and lizardkin tribes.
Note: the draconic immortals (Sun, Moon and Star Dragon and the Great One) are replaced by other candidates when the previous ones die, so that position in the draconic pantheon is never vacant (otherwise the universal balance could be altered).
Info on Opal to be discovered by Groups
- Sky (Opal)
Design Details – Opal
Classic D&D (BECMI) Stats
- Followers Alignment: any; Clerics must be Neutral
- Favourite weapon: Natural weapons (allowed all bludgeoning weapons and any dagger)
- Clerics skills and powers: can cast Light spell (1st level) freely once per day, draconic language (free), bonus draconic language, +2 bonus to the general skill Dracology (not free)
D&D 3.5 Stats
- Domains: Matter, Strength, Dragons, Vengeance, Will
- Preferred weapon: Natural weapons (Bite or claw)
Changed from Star Spirit to Sun spirit to match the other names. I also moved Tempest to the Justice Domain. Rank increase from 13 to 18.
Opal – Patron to Pantheon Links – This is to be the basis on who is in what Pantheon and why.
- Dragonkind (patron) linked to the Dragonkin pantheon.
- Celestial (rank) added to the Celestials pantheon.
- Sphere of Matter (rank group) added to Matter pantheon.
- 2021-09-25 – Added in design changes and Patron to Pantheon links to show where this Immortal features in the Pantheon.
- 2021-08-19 – Update to layout, menu, tags and links.
- 2021-08-15 – Update to allies and enemies section.
- 2021-02-22 – Layout cleanup and adding in new artefacts.
The Gods: The Immortals Overview,
Energy/Fire (31): Alphatia (16), Bartziluth (24), Bemarris (3), Benekander (1), Branden 11), Coberham (18), Fire Elemaster (33), Guidarezzo (15), Heimdall (30), Iliric (8), Ilsundal (34), Ixion (36), Madarua (26), Mazikeen (27), Mahmatti (14), Matin (19), Mealiden (23), Minroth (13), Ninsun (35), Patura (10), Pflarr (25), Rad (22), Rafiel (21), Raith (12), Rathanos (28), Razud (31), Saturnius (20), The Shaper (7), The Shining One (29), Zirchev (17), Zugzul (32)
Entropy/Darkness (35): Alphaks (20), Aracne Prime (6), Arik (18), Atzanteotl (31), Bachraeus (19), Bagni (24), Brissard (10), Danel (14), Demogorgon (29), Harrow (11), Hel (36), Hircismus (12), Idris (15), Jammudaru (5), Kallala (22), Kiranjo (7), Kythria (2), Loki (30), Loup (9), Macroblan (27), Marwdyn (4), Masauwu (28), Nyx (33), Orcus (26), Ouranos (34), Pharamond (32), Qywattz (21), Ranivorus (16), Ruaidhri (3), Saasskas (23), Slizzark (17), Stodos (6), Talitha (25), Thanatos (35), Yagrai (13)
Matter/Earth (34): Atruaghin (32), Buglore (9), Chiron (6), Diamond (21), Djaea (34), Earth Elemaster (33), Faunus (11), Forsetta (7), Garl (13), Ground (19), Hattani (15), Ilmarinen (20), Infaust (16), Ka (35), Kagyar (28), Land (27), Lokena (2), Lornasen (10), Maat (30), N’grath (29), Opal (18), Paarkum (8), Polunius (25), Pearl (12), Tahkati (17), Terra (36), The Eternal General (14), The Great One (26), The Korrigans (24), The Twelve Watches (4), Utnapishtim (23), Valerias (31), Wayland (24), Wogar (5)
Thought/Air (36): Air Elemaster (32), Arnelee (8), Asterius (28), Clebard (2), Cochere (12), Cretia (16), Diulanna (18), Eiryndul (20), Frey (13), Freyja (13), Gorm (22), Halav (17), Karaash (5), Kersy (21), Korotiku (32), Koryis (10), Malinois (15), Ninfangle (27), Nob Nar (5), Noumena (34), Odin (36), Orisis (19), Palartarkan (11), Palson (4), Pax (35), Ralon (9), Sinbad (25), Soubrette (24), Ssu-Ma (23), Tarastia (30), Taroyas (6), Thalia (31), Thor (29), Turmis (1), Urtson (7), Usamigaras (27)
Time/Water (33): Al-Kalim (3), Ahmanni (14), Bastet (22), Brindorhin (14), Calitha (18), Carnelian (11), Chardastes (24), Crakkak (10), Finidel (7), Fugit (30), Gorrziok (25), Hymir (13), Khoronus (36), Liena (1), Luca (12), Malafor (15), Oleyan (6), Ordana (31), Petra (17), Protius (29), Raven (21), Sharpcrest (19), Simurgh (19), Skuld (34), Tiresias (9), Tourlain (8), Tyche (28), Urd (32), Vanya (23), Vethandi (35), Water Elemaster (33), Yav (20), Zalaj (27)
This site is constantly under revision, no blog posts are final as this is a work in progress place for me to develop my game settings and rules. Some posts might be placeholders for future content, so feel free to check back later for updated information.
Follow My Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox. For managing your subscriptions see Subscription Information.