Dungeons and Dragons – Mystara Immortals
Liena – Sphere of Time
The Guardian, Guardian of Order, Aline, Heroine of Thyatis
- Patron – Norwold, Oceansend, Order, Thyatis, War.
- Patron and Title Keywords – Civilisation (Discipline), Science (History), Title (Sphere of Time (Initiate))
- Initiates pantheon only – Sphere of Time (Initiate)
- Time pantheon only – Sphere of Time (Initiate)
- Dragonkin (Guardian of Order) Due to Patron of History
- Dwarven and Gnome (Guardian of Order) Due to Patron of Science group (History)
- Land Guilds (Heroine of Thyatis)
- Makai (Aline)
- Thyatian Empire (The Guardian) Due to Patron of Civilisation group (Discipline).
- Ylari (The Guardian) Due to Patron of Discipline
- Assembly (Liena) Due to being an Immortal of Mystara.
Appearance: a middle-aged woman with tanned complexion and a sturdy figure, combing his brown hair in a single tress that reaches her mid-back. Her look is determined and she has a faint scar on her forehead. She wears a plate mail without helmet, along with a long white cloak covering her shoulders and a gladius at her side.
Game Master Section
Liena – Initiate of Time (1)
- Sourcebooks: Wrath of the Immortals Book One – Codex of the Immortals (wi-b1-40), Vaults of Pandius (vop)
- Alignment: Lawful
- Portfolio: war, history, discipline, order, Norwold, Thyatis
- Other Names: Aline, Sigbertsdatter, The Guardian, Guardian of Order, Heroine of Thyatis
- Sponsor: Vanya
- Artefacts: Plate Mail of Liena, Shortsword of Liena
Sponsorship Hierarchy – Time
- Sponsorship of the Time Sphere
- Fugit (30) Eternal of Time
- Khoronus (36) Hierarch of Time
- Khoronus (36) Hierarch of Time
- Brindorhin (14) Celestial of Time
- Finidel (7) Temporal of Time
- Carnelian (11) Temporal of Time
- Ordana (31) Hierarch of Time
- Petra (17) Celestial of Time
- Protius (29) Eternal of Time
- Al-Kalim (3) Initiate of Time
- Ahmanni (16) Celestial of Time moved from Thought (14)
- Chardastes (24) Empyreal of Time
- Hymir (13) Celestial of Time
- Kallala (14) Celestial of Time moved to Entropy (22)
- Malafor (15) Celestial of Time moved from Matter (18)
- Crakkak (10) Temporal of Time moved from Matter (10)
- Vanya (23) Empyreal of Time
- Liena (1) Initiate of Time
- Taroyas (6) Initiate of Time moved to Thought (6)
- Brindorhin (14) Celestial of Time
- Khoronus (36) Hierarch of Time
- Luca (12) Temporal of Time
- Simurgh (26) Eternal of Time
- Vethandi (35) Hierarch of Time
- Gorrziok (25) Eternal of Time moved from Matter (22)
- Skuld (34) Hierarch of Time was Entropy (34)
- Tyche (28) Eternal of Time (28) was Thought (28)
- Urd (32) Hierarch of Time was Matter (35)
- Zalaj (27) Eternal of Time
- Water Elemaster (32) Hierarch of Time
History: Aline Sigbertsdatter was born in Thyatis by an Heldanner mother (the warrior Sigbert) and a Thyatian father (the gladiator Apollus) who wrestled in the Arena of Thyatis. She became an orphan when her parents died in the gladiators’ games and she was then adopted by her father’s son, a Thyatian cleric of Vanya. Ever since her childhood then she grew accustomed to a life of hardships and virtue, absorbing the ideas of greatness and heroism preached by her uncle. When she was grown up, she left Vanya’s temple with her uncle’s blessings and she joined the Sisterhood of the Sword, where she hoped to act in Vanya’s name and become a skilled fighter. She later joined a band of adventurers and travelled extensively across the Known World, visiting also Norwold, her mother’s homeland, where she was particularly struck by the Heldanners’ pride and bravery. During the Thyatian civil war that ended in AC 898, Aline returned home and sided with the exiled Emperor Gabrionius III, fighting for his cause and making herself known through her victories. When the forces loyal to Gabrionius III won the war, the emperor awarded Aline with a noble title and the permission to found a dominion in Norwold under the Thyatian flag. Aline gathered a group of worthy and resolute knights and settlers that had fought at her side and in AC 900 she founded the town of Oceansend in middle Norwold.
She ruled over the town for twenty years before Vanya appeared in her dreams and revealed her the secret path to immortality. Afterwards, Aline abdicated in favour of her son, Olaf, and quested for an artifact of time travel. During her adventures she had a vivid omen regarding the triumphant future of his second son, and this led her back to Oceansend, where under the false identity of Liena she found the skilled shipwright she had seen in her dreams, an Heldanner named Tor, and married him. In 938 AC she gave birth to Thrainkell Torson (the original name of Emperor Thincol Torion) and she raised him with special care and attention, putting him always before all the other children she had from Tor and convincing him that in the future he would have become a great warrior and leader of many. Once Thrainkell reached puberty, Liena understood it was time to take another step in her path of the Dynast and left her family, travelling through time to help his son repel the Alphatian invaders in the Spike Assault and obtain the Thyatian Imperial Throne. She later helped him maintain his position by crushing a dangerous invasion of trolls in Biazzan in AC 961 (see IM3).
After that, she returned to Norwold, where she backed her grand-son Yarrvik’s (son of her nephew, daughter of Olaf, and the Thyatian governor sent by Emperor Gabrionius IV to rule Oceansend after the death of his son in 936 AC) fight for independence of Oceansend, which had been occupied for a brief time (AC 958-962) by Alphatian troops during the Alphatian Spike Assault. She later travelled again in time and succeeded in making Oceansend independent from Thyatis and Alphatia under the leadership of King Yarrvik the Fair, who got the support of her son Emperor Thincol I Torion when she secretly revealed she had helped him become Emperor of Thyatis for the only purpose to make Oceansend an independent kingdom. This way she ended her quest on the path of the Dynast and became immortal in the sphere of Time in AC 980. Today she is remembered and worshipped by her descendants under the divine name of Liena.
Personality: Liena is a young immortal, but she is wise and far-sighted. She is particularly interested in war’s effects on the history of humanity and thinks that the principles of honour and discipline are the keys that can lead against victory over Chaos. After helping Thincol conquer the crown of Thyatis, Liena keeps her interest for the Thyatian empire, where she is worshipped as a legendary heroine and has been officially promoted to the status of divine protector of the house of Torion by Thincol. However, her main attention still lies to the well-being of Norwold and the kingdom of Oceansend in particular. She hopes that one day Norwold will be united under a strong King to put order in this chaos filled region, a monarch that will eventually put an end to the foreign (Alphatian, Thyatian, and Heldannic) intrusions in Norwold territory and politics.
Information to be discovered by Groups
- Heldannic (Liena)
- Norwold (Guardian of Order)
- Savage Coast (Sigbertsdatter)
Classic D&D (BECMI) Stats
- Followers Alignment: any; clerics must be Neutral or Lawful
- Favoured weapon: gladius (allowed all the weapons from botta)
- Clerics skills and powers: +2 bonus to any one skill (not free) to choose among the following: Military Tactics, History and Knowledge of Myths and Legends.
- Paladins skills and powers: Lay on Hands
D&D 3.5 Stats
- Domains: Time, Law, War
- Preferred weapon: short sword
Liena – Patron to Pantheon Links – This is to be the basis on who is in what Pantheon and why.
- Discipline (patron) added to the Ylari pantheon.
- Discipline (patron) added to the Civilisation patron group.
- History (patron) added to the Dragonkin pantheon.
- History (patron) added to the Science patron group.
- Civilisation (patron group) added to the Thyatian Empire pantheon.
- Science (patron group) added to the Dwarven and Gnome pantheon.
- Initiate (rank) added to the Initiates pantheon.
- Sphere of Time (rank group) added to Time pantheon.
- 2021-09-18 – Added in design changes and Patron to Pantheon links to show where this Immortal features in the Pantheon.
The Gods: The Immortals Overview,
Energy/Fire (31): Alphatia (16), Bartziluth (24), Bemarris (3), Benekander (1), Branden 11), Coberham (18), Fire Elemaster (33), Guidarezzo (15), Heimdall (30), Iliric (8), Ilsundal (34), Ixion (36), Madarua (26), Mazikeen (27), Mahmatti (14), Matin (19), Mealiden (23), Minroth (13), Ninsun (35), Patura (10), Pflarr (25), Rad (22), Rafiel (21), Raith (12), Rathanos (28), Razud (31), Saturnius (20), The Shaper (7), The Shining One (29), Zirchev (17), Zugzul (32)
Entropy/Darkness (35): Alphaks (20), Aracne Prime (6), Arik (18), Atzanteotl (31), Bachraeus (19), Bagni (24), Brissard (10), Danel (14), Demogorgon (29), Harrow (11), Hel (36), Hircismus (12), Idris (15), Jammudaru (5), Kallala (22), Kiranjo (7), Kythria (2), Loki (30), Loup (9), Macroblan (27), Marwdyn (4), Masauwu (28), Nyx (33), Orcus (26), Ouranos (34), Pharamond (32), Qywattz (21), Ranivorus (16), Ruaidhri (3), Saasskas (23), Slizzark (17), Stodos (6), Talitha (25), Thanatos (35), Yagrai (13)
Matter/Earth (34): Atruaghin (32), Buglore (9), Chiron (6), Diamond (21), Djaea (34), Earth Elemaster (33), Faunus (11), Forsetta (7), Garl (13), Ground (19), Hattani (15), Ilmarinen (20), Infaust (16), Ka (35), Kagyar (28), Land (27), Lokena (2), Lornasen (10), Maat (30), N’grath (29), Opal (18), Paarkum (8), Polunius (25), Pearl (12), Tahkati (17), Terra (36), The Eternal General (14), The Great One (26), The Korrigans (24), The Twelve Watches (4), Utnapishtim (23), Valerias (31), Wayland (24), Wogar (5)
Thought/Air (36): Air Elemaster (32), Arnelee (8), Asterius (28), Clebard (2), Cochere (12), Cretia (16), Diulanna (18), Eiryndul (20), Frey (13), Freyja (13), Gorm (22), Halav (17), Karaash (5), Kersy (21), Korotiku (32), Koryis (10), Malinois (15), Ninfangle (27), Nob Nar (5), Noumena (34), Odin (36), Orisis (19), Palartarkan (11), Palson (4), Pax (35), Ralon (9), Sinbad (25), Soubrette (24), Ssu-Ma (23), Tarastia (30), Taroyas (6), Thalia (31), Thor (29), Turmis (1), Urtson (7), Usamigaras (27)
Time/Water (33): Al-Kalim (3), Ahmanni (14), Bastet (22), Brindorhin (14), Calitha (18), Carnelian (11), Chardastes (24), Crakkak (10), Finidel (7), Fugit (30), Gorrziok (25), Hymir (13), Khoronus (36), Liena (1), Luca (12), Malafor (15), Oleyan (6), Ordana (31), Petra (17), Protius (29), Raven (21), Sharpcrest (19), Simurgh (19), Skuld (34), Tiresias (9), Tourlain (8), Tyche (28), Urd (32), Vanya (23), Vethandi (35), Water Elemaster (33), Yav (20), Zalaj (27)
This site is constantly under revision, no blog posts are final as this is a work in progress place for me to develop my game settings and rules. Some posts might be placeholders for future content, so feel free to check back later for updated information.
Follow My Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox. For managing your subscriptions see Subscription Information.