Dungeons and Dragons – Mystara Immortals
Wayland – Sphere of Matter
The Gods’ Smith
- Patron – Metallurgy, Smiths. Crafters (Armourers, Building, Craftsmen), Science (Engineering)
- Empyreals pantheon only – Sphere of Matter (Empyreal)
- Matter pantheon only – Sphere of Matter (Empyreal)
- Dwarven and Gnome (The God’s Smith) Due to Patron of Crafters group (Armourer, Building, Craftsmen) and Science group (Engineering)
- Halflings (The God’s Smith) Due to Patron of Craftsmen.
- Land Guilds (The God’s Smith) Due to Patron of Crafters group (Armourers, Building, Craftsmen)
- Makai (The God’s Smith) Due to Patron of Science (Engineering)
- Norse (The Gods’ Smith) Due to Patron of Armourers
- Ocean Guilds (The God’s Smith) Due to Patron of Crafters group (Armourers, Building, Craftsmen)
- Thyatian Empire (The God’s Smith) Due to Patron of Building.
- Assembly (Wayland) Due to being an Immortal of Mystara
Appearance: a wiry and bearded smith wearing a large leather apron and linen trousers, showing his broad chest while wielding a heavy hammer in his right hand. The race he belongs vary according to the followers he appears, but he always sports a short black beard, grey eyes and a slightly hunched back.
Game Master Section
Wayland – Empyreal of Matter (24)
- Sourcebooks: Wrath of the Immortals Book One – Codex of the Immortals (wi-b1-24), Vaults of Pandius (vop)
- Alignment: Neutral
- Portfolio: Craftsman, metallurgy, smiths & armorers, engineers & builders, magical creations
- Other Names: Volund, The Gods’ Smith
- Sponsor: Kagyar
- Artefacts: Hammer of Wayland
- Kagyar (28) Eternal of Matter
Sponsorship Hierarchy – Matter
- Sponsorship of the Matter Sphere
- Earth Elemaster (33) Hierarch of Matter
- Ouranos (35) Hierarch of Matter Moved to Entropy (34)
- Terra (36) Hierarch of Matter
- Buglore (9) Temporal of Matter
- Djaea (34) Hierarch of Matter
- Infaust (16) Celestial of Matter
- Faunus (11) Temporal of Matter
- Chiron (6) Initiate of Matter
- Forsetta (7) Temporal of Matter
- Ka (35) Hierarch of Matter
- Bastet (16) Celestial of Matter moved to Time (22).
- Gorrziok (22) Empyreal of Matter moved to Time (25)
- Crakkak (10) Temporal of Matter moved to Time (10)
- Kagyar (28) Eternal of Matter
- Lokena (2) Initiate of Matter
- Lornasen (10) Temporal of Matter moved from Energy (7)
- Ninfangle (27) Eternal of Matter (27) Moved to Thought (26)
- Wogar (5) Initiate of Matter
- Tahkati (17) Celestial of Matter moved from Energy (17)
- Utnapishtim (23) Empyreal of Matter
- Land (27) Eternal of Matter
- Maat (30) Eternal of Matter
- Macroblan (13) Celestial of Matter moved to Entropy (27)
- Malafor (18) Celestial of Matter moved to Time (15)
- The Great One (26) Eternal of Matter
- Urtson (12) Temporal of Matter moved to Thought (7)
- Terra (36) Hierarch of Matter
- Valerias (31) Hierarch of Matter
History: Wayland was a skilled Antalian smith that lived in the XXII century BC. Thanks to the friendship he struck with some dwarven craftsmen he managed to discover the secret of iron forging way ahead of time (his kinsmen were still in the bronze age) and this allowed him to manufacture titanic weapons for the most known heroes of his time (Thor, Heimdall, Frey and Freyja). This helped him acquire a divine aura in the eyes of his fellow men and it also attracted Kagyar’s attention, who sponsored him on the path of the Polymath. He was then reincarnated as a dwarf (Weland), a gnome (Wielandt) and an elf (Volund), and thanks to his talented skills for metalworking every time he managed to fulfil his quest: finding and forging anew Odin’s sword, Balmung. This way he earned his place in the sphere of Matter in the XX century BC.
Personality: Wayland is also called the Gods’ Smith and is famous for creating many of the Immortal artifacts found all around the world, as well as for being chief architect of Pandius, the city of Immortals located on the moon Matera. He is always busy with creating some new kind of magic item and he has a distinctive gruff and aloof character that he developed during his dwarven incarnation. He protects all artisans, in particular smiths and armorers which he’s fond of, and gives his blessings to all those who like to create magic weapons, armours and golems. He’s a trusted ally of Kagyar and Odin and has worked in team with Polonius many times, sharing a common passion for building and magic. He’s got a friendly rivalry with Ilmarinen, another talented Immortal craftsman.
Information to be discovered by Groups
- Heldannic (Volund)
Classic D&D (BECMI) Stats
- Followers Alignment: any
- Favoured weapon: throwing hammer (allowed all bludgeoning weapons)
- Clerics skills and powers: +1 bonus to Strength, +2 bonus to any skill related to metalworking or construction
D&D 3.5 Stats
- Domains: Matter, Magic, Crafts, Metals
- Preferred weapon: throwing hammer
Wayland – Patron to Pantheon Links – This is to be the basis on who is in what Pantheon and why.
- Armourers (patron) added to the Norse pantheon. (Halav and Wayland)
- Armourers and Craftsmen (patron) added to the Crafters patron group.
- Craftsmen (patron) added to the Halfling pantheon.
- Engineering (patron) added to the Makai pantheon.
- Engineering (patron) added to the Science patron group.
- Crafters (patron group) added to the Dwarven and Gnome, Land Guilds and Ocean Guild pantheons.
- Science (patron group) added to the Dwarven and Gnome pantheon.
- Empyreal (rank) added to the Empyreals pantheon.
- Sphere of Matter (rank group) added to Matter pantheon.
- 2021-09-05 – Added in design changes and Patron to Pantheon links to show where this Immortal features in the Pantheon.
- 2021-08-06 – Updated the allies and enemies.
The Gods: The Immortals Overview,
Energy/Fire (31): Alphatia (16), Bartziluth (24), Bemarris (3), Benekander (1), Branden 11), Coberham (18), Fire Elemaster (33), Guidarezzo (15), Heimdall (30), Iliric (8), Ilsundal (34), Ixion (36), Madarua (26), Mazikeen (27), Mahmatti (14), Matin (19), Mealiden (23), Minroth (13), Ninsun (35), Patura (10), Pflarr (25), Rad (22), Rafiel (21), Raith (12), Rathanos (28), Razud (31), Saturnius (20), The Shaper (7), The Shining One (29), Zirchev (17), Zugzul (32)
Entropy/Darkness (35): Alphaks (20), Aracne Prime (6), Arik (18), Atzanteotl (31), Bachraeus (19), Bagni (24), Brissard (10), Danel (14), Demogorgon (29), Harrow (11), Hel (36), Hircismus (12), Idris (15), Jammudaru (5), Kallala (22), Kiranjo (7), Kythria (2), Loki (30), Loup (9), Macroblan (27), Marwdyn (4), Masauwu (28), Nyx (33), Orcus (26), Ouranos (34), Pharamond (32), Qywattz (21), Ranivorus (16), Ruaidhri (3), Saasskas (23), Slizzark (17), Stodos (6), Talitha (25), Thanatos (35), Yagrai (13)
Matter/Earth (34): Atruaghin (32), Buglore (9), Chiron (6), Diamond (21), Djaea (34), Earth Elemaster (33), Faunus (11), Forsetta (7), Garl (13), Ground (19), Hattani (15), Ilmarinen (20), Infaust (16), Ka (35), Kagyar (28), Land (27), Lokena (2), Lornasen (10), Maat (30), N’grath (29), Opal (18), Paarkum (8), Polunius (25), Pearl (12), Tahkati (17), Terra (36), The Eternal General (14), The Great One (26), The Korrigans (24), The Twelve Watches (4), Utnapishtim (23), Valerias (31), Wayland (24), Wogar (5)
Thought/Air (36): Air Elemaster (32), Arnelee (8), Asterius (28), Clebard (2), Cochere (12), Cretia (16), Diulanna (18), Eiryndul (20), Frey (13), Freyja (13), Gorm (22), Halav (17), Karaash (5), Kersy (21), Korotiku (32), Koryis (10), Malinois (15), Ninfangle (27), Nob Nar (5), Noumena (34), Odin (36), Orisis (19), Palartarkan (11), Palson (4), Pax (35), Ralon (9), Sinbad (25), Soubrette (24), Ssu-Ma (23), Tarastia (30), Taroyas (6), Thalia (31), Thor (29), Turmis (1), Urtson (7), Usamigaras (27)
Time/Water (33): Al-Kalim (3), Ahmanni (14), Bastet (22), Brindorhin (14), Calitha (18), Carnelian (11), Chardastes (24), Crakkak (10), Finidel (7), Fugit (30), Gorrziok (25), Hymir (13), Khoronus (36), Liena (1), Luca (12), Malafor (15), Oleyan (6), Ordana (31), Petra (17), Protius (29), Raven (21), Sharpcrest (19), Simurgh (19), Skuld (34), Tiresias (9), Tourlain (8), Tyche (28), Urd (32), Vanya (23), Vethandi (35), Water Elemaster (33), Yav (20), Zalaj (27)
This site is constantly under revision, no blog posts are final as this is a work in progress place for me to develop my game settings and rules. Some posts might be placeholders for future content, so feel free to check back later for updated information.
Follow My Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox. For managing your subscriptions see Subscription Information.