Dungeons and Dragons – Mystara Immortals
Yav – Sphere of Time
Protector of Prophets and Seers
- Patron – Prophecy, Seers, Yavdlom. Patron – Magical (Divination)
- Empyreals pantheon only – Sphere of Time (Empyreal)
- Time pantheon only – Sphere of Time (Empyreal)
- Traladaran (The Advisor) Due to Patron of Divination
- Thyatian Empire (The Advisor)
- Radiance (The Advisor) Due to Patron of Magical group (Divination)
- Assembly (Yav) Due to being an Immortal of Mystara.
Appearance: an elderly black-skinned man with a mix of elvish and Tanagoro features, sporting a short grey beard and a few lumps of curly white hair on his temples, wearing a simple sleeveless cotton tunic and with a peaceful and meditative look on his face.
Game Master Section
Yav – Empyreal of Time (20)
- Sourcebooks: Wrath of the Immortals Book One – Codex of the Immortals (wi-b1-41), Vaults of Pandius (vop)
- Alignment: Neutral
- Portfolio: Yavdlom, seers, prophecies and divinations
- Other Names: Protector of Prophets and Seers, The Advisor
- Sponsor: Ordana
- Artefacts: Orb of Yav
Sponsorship Hierarchy – Time
- Sponsorship of the Time Sphere
- Fugit (30) Eternal of Time
- Khoronus (36) Hierarch of Time
- Khoronus (36) Hierarch of Time
- Brindorhin (14) Celestial of Time
- Finidel (7) Temporal of Time
- Carnelian (11) Temporal of Time
- Ordana (31) Hierarch of Time
- Petra (17) Celestial of Time
- Protius (29) Eternal of Time
- Al-Kalim (3) Initiate of Time
- Ahmanni (16) Celestial of Time moved from Thought (14)
- Chardastes (24) Empyreal of Time
- Hymir (13) Celestial of Time
- Kallala (14) Celestial of Time moved to Entropy (22)
- Malafor (15) Celestial of Time moved from Matter (18)
- Crakkak (10) Temporal of Time moved from Matter (10)
- Vanya (23) Empyreal of Time
- Liena (1) Initiate of Time
- Taroyas (6) Initiate of Time moved to Thought (6)
- Brindorhin (14) Celestial of Time
- Khoronus (36) Hierarch of Time
- Luca (12) Temporal of Time
- Simurgh (26) Eternal of Time
- Vethandi (35) Hierarch of Time
- Gorrziok (25) Eternal of Time moved from Matter (22)
- Skuld (34) Hierarch of Time was Entropy (34)
- Tyche (28) Eternal of Time (28) was Thought (28)
- Urd (32) Hierarch of Time was Matter (35)
- Zalaj (27) Eternal of Time
- Water Elemaster (32) Hierarch of Time
History: Yav was born in BC 556 from an elven mother and a human father in the Serpent Peninsula. Early in his childhood he began to manifest exceptional foreseeing skills and soon he became the most powerful seer that had ever walked in that region, saving hundreds of people by foretelling hurricanes and other natural disasters. When Yav reached adulthood he joined the clergy and started to preach against seers who used their powers for personal gains, but his proselytising didn’t have much success.
In BC 529 after major abuses on the part of the ruling seer’s class, various factions of elven purists massacred all half-bloods they could find, whether they had divination skills or not. During this riot the Tanagoro inhabitants of the Serpent Peninsula grouped together to stop the elves and the resulting civil war made ten thousands dead. During this period of turmoil Yav disappeared and his followers spread the rumour that he had been killed by the elves. In fact he had chosen to leave the region to discover the true cause of the outbreak of violence and chaos, since through the use of his powers he had sensed that something was influencing the thoughts of both the seers and the commoners (making all of them greedier and more evil).
After travelling a lot, he became aware of the fact that the farther he got from Thanegia and the more difficult it became for him to use his divination skills. So he came back home convinced that the solution to this mystery lay buried in the Serpent Peninsula. After his return he discovered that the most powerful seers now ruled the cities and those who hadn’t got the Sight were forced to pay the seers to benefit from their gifts. He also discovered that his followers had turned him into a god by proclaiming him infallible and omnipotent. The cult of Yav was attracting especially people from the humbler classes, who all waited for Yav’s return to bring justice and harmony in Thanegia once again. So Yav chose to remain hidden and he introduced himself as Mulogo, reaching a powerful position in short time thanks to his powers. In BC 500 he proclaimed himself the Herald of Yav and by predicting a terrible earthquake all other seers had failed to anticipate, he finally managed to convince the Tanagoro to leave Thanegia en mass, foretelling that Yav’s wrath for their sins would have caused great catastrophes and that moving to a faraway place was the only solution. So the Tanagoro built a great fleet and sailed westwards, settling in the Arm of Immortals were all seers lost their powers.
IN BC 480 Mulogo sailed back to Thanegia and eventually found the cause of all the problems. Buried deep in an underwater cave between Thanegia island and the Serpent Peninsula he located an artifact of the sphere of Time with two important side-effects. It gifted those people with mixed human and elves blood with precognitive skills and at the same time it corrupted people’s thoughts, increasing the feelings of greed, egoism and thirst for power.
Trying to repair the artifact Yav triggered it and found himself cast forward to AC400. When he sailed westwards to his kin, he discovered the seers were long gone and that the Tanagoro were now threatened by humanoid warbands. Assuming the identity of Mulogo, he led his descendants back to their ancestral home in Thanegia and again he saved them. Then he personally taught the Precepts of Yav to the new ruling class of seers, to promote a peaceful coexistence with those not gifted and avoid all previous abuses. After giving the reins of power to his nephews, he returned to the cave of the artifact and mastered its use.
Afterwards he travelled 300 years in the future, but there he discovered that not even his teachings had protected the seers from the corrupting influence of the artifact. He went back to study the time machine and discovered it had been damaged by an earthquake in the past, and this was the cause of its devious side-effect. After another long trek he managed to recover the missing parts and put them in place, but this caused a new unforeseen side-effect. His kin grew lazy and decadent, an his kingdom broke up in many small autonomous villages, many of them threatened by the neighbouring civilisations.
In a final attempt at fixing the artifact once and for all, he eventually repaired it and was cast ahead in time up to AC 750. He successfully located his descendants and helped them unifying the tribes, thus creating the Most Serene Divinarchy of Yavdlom. At that point he was contacted by an immortal who explained him all his efforts had granted him a place in the sphere of Time.
Personality: Yav is an exceptional righteous and pious person, who preaches that power must always be used for the common welfare and not to achieve personal goals. His incredible peacefulness and wisdom make him the perfect adviser even among immortals and have allowed him to avoid making enemies.
Info on Yav to be discovered by Groups
- Savage Coast (Protector of Prophets and Seers)
- Serpent Peninsular (Yav)
Classic D&D (BECMI) Stats
- Followers Alignment: any
- Favoured weapon: any (allowed all bludgeoning weapons)
- Clerics skills and powers: Yav’s clerics can foretell future with good accuracy once a month (in game terms, the DM can send them an omen through dreams which shows an event that will happen within the next year if nothing interferes with the planned course of facts), bonus Astrology skill, +2 bonus vs ST that influence the mind
D&D 3.5 Stats
- Domains: Time, Luck, Oracle
- Preferred weapon: quarterstaff
Yav – Patron to Pantheon Links – This is to be the basis on who is in what Pantheon and why.
- Divination (patron) added to the Traladaran pantheon.
- Divination (patron) added to the Magical patron group
- Magical (patron group) added to the Radiance pantheon.
- Empyreal (rank) added to the Empyreals pantheon.
- Sphere of Time (rank group) added to Time pantheon.
- 2021-09-20 – Added in design changes and Patron to Pantheon links to show where this Immortal features in the Pantheon.
- 2021-09-04 – Added in new name of The Advisor and moved into the Thyatian pantheon.
The Gods: The Immortals Overview,
Energy/Fire (31): Alphatia (16), Bartziluth (24), Bemarris (3), Benekander (1), Branden 11), Coberham (18), Fire Elemaster (33), Guidarezzo (15), Heimdall (30), Iliric (8), Ilsundal (34), Ixion (36), Madarua (26), Mazikeen (27), Mahmatti (14), Matin (19), Mealiden (23), Minroth (13), Ninsun (35), Patura (10), Pflarr (25), Rad (22), Rafiel (21), Raith (12), Rathanos (28), Razud (31), Saturnius (20), The Shaper (7), The Shining One (29), Zirchev (17), Zugzul (32)
Entropy/Darkness (35): Alphaks (20), Aracne Prime (6), Arik (18), Atzanteotl (31), Bachraeus (19), Bagni (24), Brissard (10), Danel (14), Demogorgon (29), Harrow (11), Hel (36), Hircismus (12), Idris (15), Jammudaru (5), Kallala (22), Kiranjo (7), Kythria (2), Loki (30), Loup (9), Macroblan (27), Marwdyn (4), Masauwu (28), Nyx (33), Orcus (26), Ouranos (34), Pharamond (32), Qywattz (21), Ranivorus (16), Ruaidhri (3), Saasskas (23), Slizzark (17), Stodos (6), Talitha (25), Thanatos (35), Yagrai (13)
Matter/Earth (34): Atruaghin (32), Buglore (9), Chiron (6), Diamond (21), Djaea (34), Earth Elemaster (33), Faunus (11), Forsetta (7), Garl (13), Ground (19), Hattani (15), Ilmarinen (20), Infaust (16), Ka (35), Kagyar (28), Land (27), Lokena (2), Lornasen (10), Maat (30), N’grath (29), Opal (18), Paarkum (8), Polunius (25), Pearl (12), Tahkati (17), Terra (36), The Eternal General (14), The Great One (26), The Korrigans (24), The Twelve Watches (4), Utnapishtim (23), Valerias (31), Wayland (24), Wogar (5)
Thought/Air (36): Air Elemaster (32), Arnelee (8), Asterius (28), Clebard (2), Cochere (12), Cretia (16), Diulanna (18), Eiryndul (20), Frey (13), Freyja (13), Gorm (22), Halav (17), Karaash (5), Kersy (21), Korotiku (32), Koryis (10), Malinois (15), Ninfangle (27), Nob Nar (5), Noumena (34), Odin (36), Orisis (19), Palartarkan (11), Palson (4), Pax (35), Ralon (9), Sinbad (25), Soubrette (24), Ssu-Ma (23), Tarastia (30), Taroyas (6), Thalia (31), Thor (29), Turmis (1), Urtson (7), Usamigaras (27)
Time/Water (33): Al-Kalim (3), Ahmanni (14), Bastet (22), Brindorhin (14), Calitha (18), Carnelian (11), Chardastes (24), Crakkak (10), Finidel (7), Fugit (30), Gorrziok (25), Hymir (13), Khoronus (36), Liena (1), Luca (12), Malafor (15), Oleyan (6), Ordana (31), Petra (17), Protius (29), Raven (21), Sharpcrest (19), Simurgh (19), Skuld (34), Tiresias (9), Tourlain (8), Tyche (28), Urd (32), Vanya (23), Vethandi (35), Water Elemaster (33), Yav (20), Zalaj (27)
This site is constantly under revision, no blog posts are final as this is a work in progress place for me to develop my game settings and rules. Some posts might be placeholders for future content, so feel free to check back later for updated information.