Dungeons and Dragons – Mystara Immortals
Nob Nar – Sphere of Thought
Protector of the Five Shires
- Patron – Halflings, Revelry, Wanderers.
- Patron and Title Keywords – Adventure, Audacity, Title (Sphere of Thought (Initiate), Virtues (Heroism)
- Initiates pantheon only – Sphere of Thought (Initiate)
- Thought pantheon only – Sphere of Thought (Initiate)
- Giantkin (Nob Nar) Due to Patron of Virtues group (Heroism)
- Halfling (Protector of the Five Shires) Due to Patron of Audacity and Heroism.
- Makai (Nob Nar) Due to Patron of Adventure.
- Assembly (Nob Nar) Due to being an Immortal of Mystara.
Appearance: a young halfling in the vigour of his years, little more than a metre tall but with a lean and stately physique, with a long head of black hair gathered behind the nape, skin tanned by the sun, astute, non intimidating eyes, a cynical and derisive smile on his face that proclaims his goliardic spirit and his big mouth, and wearing simple travellers clothing, without ever forgetting the faithful Zanna (a magic rapier derived from the tooth of a dragon) at his side.
Game Master Section
Nob Nar – Initiate of Thought (4)
- Sourcebooks: Mystara Players Handbook (mph100), Vaults of Pandius (vop)
- Alignment: Neutral
- Portfolio: halflings, wanderers and adventurers, audacity, heroic deeds, revelry
- Other Names: Protector of the Five Shires
- Sponsor: Sinbad
- Artefacts: Rapier of Nob Nar “Zanna”
Allies of Nob Nar
Assists (can also be assisted by)
- Coberham (10) Temporal of Energy
Enemies of Nob Nar
Sponsorship Hierarchy – Thought
- Sponsorship of the Thought Sphere
- Air Elemaster (33) Hierarch of Thought
- Korotiku (32) Hierarch of Thought
- Ahmanni (14) Celestial of Thought moved to Time (16)
- Asterius (27) Eternal of Thought
- Clebard (2) Initiate of Thought
- Cochere (12) Temporal of Thought
- Cretia (16) Celestial of Thought
- Diulanna (18) Celestial of Thought
- Karaash (5) Initiate of Thought
- Eiryndul (20) Empyreal of Thought moved from Energy (20)
- Harrow (11) Temporal of Thought moved to Entropy (11)
- Loup (9) Temporal of Thought moved to Entropy (9)
- Malinois (16) Celestial of Thought
- Palartarkan (11) Temporal of Thought moved from Energy (12)
- Ralon (9) Temporal of Thought
- Soubrette (24) Empyreal of Thought
- Ssu-Ma (23) Empyreal of Thought
- Turmis (1) Initiate of Thought
- Odin (36) Hierarch of Thought
- Arnelee (8) Temporal of Thought
- Frey (13) Celestial of Thought
- Freyja (14) Celestial of Thought
- Halav (17) Celestial of Thought
- Ninfangle (26) Eternal of Thought (26) Moved from Matter (27)
- Noumena (34) Hierarch of Thought
- Palson (3) Initiate of Thought
- Orisis (19) Empyreal of Thought
- Tarastia (30) Eternal of Thought moved from Energy (30)
- Taroyas (6) Initiate of Thought moved from Time (6)
- Thor (29) Eternal of Energy. moved to Thought (29)
- Gorm (22) Empyreal of Thought moved from Energy (19)
- Usamigaras (27) Eternal of Energy moved to Thought (27)
- Pax (35)
- Kersy (21) Empyreal of Thought
- Koryis (10) Temporal of Thought
- Urtson (7) Temporal of Thought moved from Matter (12)
- Thalia (31) Hierarch of Thought from Energy
- Qywattz (20) Empyreal of Thought moved to Entropy (21)
- Sinbad (25) Eternal of Thought
- Nob Nar (4) Initiate of Thought
- Tyche (28) Eternal of Thought (28) moved to Time (28)
History: Nob Nar was a halfling hero that lived in the Five Shires (specifically in the city of Wereskalot) during the VI and VII centuries AC. Of an extremely daring and good-humoured nature, Nob Nar firstly joined some companies of adventurers to gain experience, finished his travels by returning to the Shires as a solitary hero. He was the greatest of all the yallaren (the halfling adventurers) and he deeds becoming very soon the theme of many legends and hin songs (the Ballard of Nob Nar and the Legend of the Zanna of Gaulthaumyrauz are the most famous). This indomitable and boastful spirit very soon attracted the attention of Sinbad, who saw in him a optimal candidate for the Sphere of Thought. It was therefore that, following the guidelines of the Immortal, Nob Nar disappeared from the Five Shires but was recruited to the ranks as an Immortal protector of the halflings, a role that he covers from when he became Immortal around 690 AC.
Personality: Nob Nar has never lost his vocation for the goliardery and impossible adventure and watch with favour all those individuals that risk their lives to follow dreams of glory and for the good of the next. He is a faithful ally of Brindorhin and Coberham, with who he is preoccupied of watching over the welfare of the hin of the Five Shires, and he has never stopped admiring and helping his patron, Sinbad, the point of reference to which he always aspires. From when he became Immortal moreover, he has developed a strong attraction for Arnelee, a woman given of great courage and astuteness, who shares his passion for adventure.
Info on Nob Nar to be discovered by Groups
Classic D&D (BECMI) Stats
- Followers Alignment: followers and clerics can be of any alignment
- Favoured weapon: short sword (allowed all bludgeoning weapon and the short spear)
- Clerics skills and powers: +1 bonus to Dexterity, +2 bonus to one ability chosen from resistance, run, taunt, alertness and courage (not free)
- Paladins skills and powers: paladins of Nob Nar are the Hin Masters (see the rules relating to the class in GAZ8 and in the Tome of the Magic of Mystara)
D&D 3.5 Stats
- Domains: Thought, Good, Travel, Courage
- Preferred weapon: short sword
Rank reduced from 5 to 4.
Nob Nar – Patron to Pantheon Links – This is to be the basis on who is in what Pantheon and why.
- Adventure (patron) added to the Makain pantheon.
- Audacity and Heroism (patron) added to the Halfling pantheons.
- Heroism (patron) added to the Virtues patron group.
- Virtues (patron group) added to the Giantkin pantheon.
- Initiate (rank) added to the Initiates pantheon.
- Sphere of Thought (rank group) added to Thought pantheon.
- 2021-09-04 – Added in design changes and Patron to Pantheon links to show where this Immortal features in the Pantheon.
- 2021-08-27 – Update to allies and enemies section.
The Gods: The Immortals Overview,
Energy/Fire (31): Alphatia (16), Bartziluth (24), Bemarris (3), Benekander (1), Branden 11), Coberham (18), Fire Elemaster (33), Guidarezzo (15), Heimdall (30), Iliric (8), Ilsundal (34), Ixion (36), Madarua (26), Mazikeen (27), Mahmatti (14), Matin (19), Mealiden (23), Minroth (13), Ninsun (35), Patura (10), Pflarr (25), Rad (22), Rafiel (21), Raith (12), Rathanos (28), Razud (31), Saturnius (20), The Shaper (7), The Shining One (29), Zirchev (17), Zugzul (32)
Entropy/Darkness (35): Alphaks (20), Aracne Prime (6), Arik (18), Atzanteotl (31), Bachraeus (19), Bagni (24), Brissard (10), Danel (14), Demogorgon (29), Harrow (11), Hel (36), Hircismus (12), Idris (15), Jammudaru (5), Kallala (22), Kiranjo (7), Kythria (2), Loki (30), Loup (9), Macroblan (27), Marwdyn (4), Masauwu (28), Nyx (33), Orcus (26), Ouranos (34), Pharamond (32), Qywattz (21), Ranivorus (16), Ruaidhri (3), Saasskas (23), Slizzark (17), Stodos (6), Talitha (25), Thanatos (35), Yagrai (13)
Matter/Earth (34): Atruaghin (32), Buglore (9), Chiron (6), Diamond (21), Djaea (34), Earth Elemaster (33), Faunus (11), Forsetta (7), Garl (13), Ground (19), Hattani (15), Ilmarinen (20), Infaust (16), Ka (35), Kagyar (28), Land (27), Lokena (2), Lornasen (10), Maat (30), N’grath (29), Opal (18), Paarkum (8), Polunius (25), Pearl (12), Tahkati (17), Terra (36), The Eternal General (14), The Great One (26), The Korrigans (24), The Twelve Watches (4), Utnapishtim (23), Valerias (31), Wayland (24), Wogar (5)
Thought/Air (36): Air Elemaster (32), Arnelee (8), Asterius (28), Clebard (2), Cochere (12), Cretia (16), Diulanna (18), Eiryndul (20), Frey (13), Freyja (13), Gorm (22), Halav (17), Karaash (5), Kersy (21), Korotiku (32), Koryis (10), Malinois (15), Ninfangle (27), Nob Nar (5), Noumena (34), Odin (36), Orisis (19), Palartarkan (11), Palson (4), Pax (35), Ralon (9), Sinbad (25), Soubrette (24), Ssu-Ma (23), Tarastia (30), Taroyas (6), Thalia (31), Thor (29), Turmis (1), Urtson (7), Usamigaras (27)
Time/Water (33): Al-Kalim (3), Ahmanni (14), Bastet (22), Brindorhin (14), Calitha (18), Carnelian (11), Chardastes (24), Crakkak (10), Finidel (7), Fugit (30), Gorrziok (25), Hymir (13), Khoronus (36), Liena (1), Luca (12), Malafor (15), Oleyan (6), Ordana (31), Petra (17), Protius (29), Raven (21), Sharpcrest (19), Simurgh (19), Skuld (34), Tiresias (9), Tourlain (8), Tyche (28), Urd (32), Vanya (23), Vethandi (35), Water Elemaster (33), Yav (20), Zalaj (27)
This site is constantly under revision, no blog posts are final as this is a work in progress place for me to develop my game settings and rules. Some posts might be placeholders for future content, so feel free to check back later for updated information.
Follow My Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox. For managing your subscriptions see Subscription Information.