Dungeons and Dragons – Mystara Immortals
Macroblan – Sphere of Entropy
Lord of Hoarding, The Swindler
- Patron – Money, Prosperity, Tanagogres, Trade, Wealth
- Patron and Title Keywords – Corruptors (Greed), Racial (Giants), Titles (Sphere of Entropy (Eternal))
- Eternals pantheon only – Sphere of Entropy (Eternal)
- Entropy pantheon only – Sphere of Entropy (Eternal)
- Dragonkin (Lord of Hoarding) Due to Patron of Greed.
- Giantkin (Lord of Hoarding) Due to Patron of Giants.
- Alphatian Empire (Lord of Hoarding) Due to Patron of Corruptors group (Greed)
- Thyatian Empire (The Swindler)
- Assembly (Macroblan) Due to being an Immortal of Mystara.
Appearance: a black Tanagogre (half-ogre and half-Tanagoro breed, aka ogrekin) with a sly and cunning look on his face, wearing a white turban with a huge sapphire and rich garments and carrying two bejewelled curved daggers at his belt.
Game Master Section
Macroblan – Eternal of Entropy (27)
Was Temporal of Matter (12)
- Sourcebooks: Vaults of Pandius (vop)
- Alignment: Neutral
- Portfolio: prosperity, trade, wealth, money, greed, Tanagogres
- Other Names: Lord of Hoarding, The Swindler
- Sponsor: Terra (Matter) then Atzanteotl (Entropy)
- Artefacts: Dagger of Macroblan
Sponsorship Hierarchy – Matter
- Sponsorship of the Matter Sphere
- Earth Elemaster (33) Hierarch of Matter
- Ouranos (35) Hierarch of Matter Moved to Entropy (34)
- Terra (36) Hierarch of Matter
- Buglore (9) Temporal of Matter
- Djaea (34) Hierarch of Matter
- Infaust (16) Celestial of Matter
- Faunus (11) Temporal of Matter
- Chiron (6) Initiate of Matter
- Forsetta (7) Temporal of Matter
- Ka (35) Hierarch of Matter
- Bastet (16) Celestial of Matter moved to Time (22).
- Gorrziok (22) Empyreal of Matter moved to Time (25)
- Crakkak (10) Temporal of Matter moved to Time (10)
- Kagyar (28) Eternal of Matter
- Lokena (2) Initiate of Matter
- Lornasen (10) Temporal of Matter moved from Energy (7)
- Ninfangle (27) Eternal of Matter (27) Moved to Thought (26)
- Wogar (5) Initiate of Matter
- Tahkati (17) Celestial of Matter moved from Energy (17)
- Utnapishtim (23) Empyreal of Matter
- Land (27) Eternal of Matter
- Maat (30) Eternal of Matter
- Macroblan (13) Celestial of Matter moved to Entropy (27)
- Malafor (18) Celestial of Matter moved to Time (15)
- The Great One (26) Eternal of Matter
- Urtson (12) Temporal of Matter moved to Thought (7)
- Terra (36) Hierarch of Matter
- Valerias (31) Hierarch of Matter
Sponsorship Hierarchy – Entropy
- Sponsorship of the Entropy Sphere
- Hel (36) Hierarch of Entropy.
- Thanatos (35) Hierarch of Entropy.
- Alphaks (20) Empyreal of Entropy
- Arik (18) Celestial of Entropy
- Harrow (11) Temporal of Entropy moved from Thought (11)
- Atzanteotl (31) Hierarch of Entropy.
- Bachraeus (19) Empyreal of Entropy
- Demogorgon (30) Eternal of Entropy.
- Loki (30) Hierarch of Entropy.
- Orcus (26) Eternal of Entropy
- Ouranos (34) Hierarch of Entropy moved from Energy (35)
- Pharamond (32) Hierarch of Entropy moved from Energy
- Qywattz (21) Empyreal of Entropy moved from Thought (20)
- Ranivorus (16) Celestial of Entropy
- Loup (9) Temporal of Entropy moved from Thought (9)
- Talitha (25) Eternal of Entropy
History: Macroblan was a Tanagogre (ogrekin) that lived in ogre-ruled Tangor around first and second century BC. Son of a rich merchant, as a result of his frequent job trips he organised a wide net of contacts and allies throughout the Tangor Peninsula, and eventually started the social revolution that in the following three centuries would have carried Tanagogres to overthrow the ogres and replace them as true rulers of Tangor. In his irresistible political and commercial rise, Macroblan sought the alliance of the upper military and clerical echelons, and towards the end of his life he began to worry about what would have happened to his immense wealth. He began thus to look for ways to survive beyond his mortal lifespan and to cheat time, commissioning expensive elixirs of longevity and amulets against aging. However, after various mildly successful attempts it became clear that he needed to find another way to live eternally, since the previous resources were feeble and not always useful. Therefore he began to accumulate books regarding mythologies and religions and he studied them. Eventually he understood that it was possible for mortals to transcend their existence to become deities, but only after accomplishing difficult and time consuming quests. Macroblan started his pilgrimage to the highest peaks of Tangor in order to visit the oracle of Sumag (Terra), and when he presented her his gifts the goddess appreciated his devotion and revealed him the secrets of the path of the Polymath to become Immortal. Macroblan was therefore reincarnated first as a Tanagoro slave, then as an ogre nobleman and then in a cleric of Sumag, in order to understand all the existing social differences in his civilisation. In every reincarnation he recovered the relic he quested for, the Stone of Prosperity, and finally departed for the last quest with his group of allies. He completed the path of the Polymath in the first century AC, after uprooting a clan of dangerous giants that threatened the northern part of the Tangor peninsula and founding a shrine on the ruins of their fortress, where according to the local legends his priests guard the Stone of Prosperity as well as the immense wealth he left after his ascension.
Personality: Macroblan is a calculating and extremely determined immortal, an opportunist that takes advantage of the mortals’ greed for his own purposes and that teaches a philosophy based on the cult of wealth and material gains as symbol of power and prosperity. Macroblan acts only for his personal gain, as his quest for immortality testifies (he merely wanted to preserve his wealth for eternity and he succeeded). His overwhelming greed alienated him even his sponsor’s protection over the centuries, and now Macroblan must act cautiously and only when his interests are best served. For this reason Macroblan allies with whatever immortal can guarantee him a personal benefit, and he does not think twice before ditching these alliances once he gets what he wanted. Luckily, his smooth-talking and oily manners help him to avoid making powerful enemies, and even those immortals he offend tend to forget his trespasses quite fast.
Information to be discovered by Groups
- Serpent Peninsular (Macroblan)
Classic D&D (BECMI) Stats
- Followers Alignment: any; clerics must be Lawful or Neutral
- Favoured weapon: none (allowed all one-handed bludgeoning weapons)
- Clerics skills and powers: +1 bonus to Charisma, free Appraise general skill
D&D 3.5 Stats
- Domains: Matter, Law, Evil, Trade
- Preferred weapon: light mace
Was Rank 13 (Celestial) of Matter moved to Rank 27 (Eternal) of Entropy.
Macroblan – Patron to Pantheon Links – This is to be the basis on who is in what Pantheon and why.
- Greed (patron) added to the Dragonkin pantheon.
- Greed (patron) added to the Corruptors patron group.
- Giants (patron) added to the Giantkin pantheon.
- Corruptors (patron group) added to the Alphatian Empire pantheon.
- Eternal (rank) added to the Eternals pantheon.
- Sphere of Entropy (rank group) added to Entropy pantheon.
- 2021-09-25 – Added in design changes and Patron to Pantheon links to show where this Immortal features in the Pantheon. Gained Rank 27 and Title Eternal.
- 2021-09-04 – Added the title of the Swindler and moved in the Thyatian Pantheon.
Energy/Fire (31): Alphatia (16), Bartziluth (24), Bemarris (3), Benekander (1), Branden 11), Coberham (18), Fire Elemaster (33), Guidarezzo (15), Heimdall (30), Iliric (8), Ilsundal (34), Ixion (36), Madarua (26), Mazikeen (27), Mahmatti (14), Matin (19), Mealiden (23), Minroth (13), Ninsun (35), Patura (10), Pflarr (25), Rad (22), Rafiel (21), Raith (12), Rathanos (28), Razud (31), Saturnius (20), The Shaper (7), The Shining One (29), Zirchev (17), Zugzul (32)
Entropy/Darkness (35): Alphaks (20), Aracne Prime (6), Arik (18), Atzanteotl (31), Bachraeus (19), Bagni (24), Brissard (10), Danel (14), Demogorgon (29), Harrow (11), Hel (36), Hircismus (12), Idris (15), Jammudaru (5), Kallala (22), Kiranjo (7), Kythria (2), Loki (30), Loup (9), Macroblan (27), Marwdyn (4), Masauwu (28), Nyx (33), Orcus (26), Ouranos (34), Pharamond (32), Qywattz (21), Ranivorus (16), Ruaidhri (3), Saasskas (23), Slizzark (17), Stodos (6), Talitha (25), Thanatos (35), Yagrai (13)
Matter/Earth (34): Atruaghin (32), Buglore (9), Chiron (6), Diamond (21), Djaea (34), Earth Elemaster (33), Faunus (11), Forsetta (7), Garl (13), Ground (19), Hattani (15), Ilmarinen (20), Infaust (16), Ka (35), Kagyar (28), Land (27), Lokena (2), Lornasen (10), Maat (30), N’grath (29), Opal (18), Paarkum (8), Polunius (25), Pearl (12), Tahkati (17), Terra (36), The Eternal General (14), The Great One (26), The Korrigans (24), The Twelve Watches (4), Utnapishtim (23), Valerias (31), Wayland (24), Wogar (5)
Thought/Air (36): Air Elemaster (32), Arnelee (8), Asterius (28), Clebard (2), Cochere (12), Cretia (16), Diulanna (18), Eiryndul (20), Frey (13), Freyja (13), Gorm (22), Halav (17), Karaash (5), Kersy (21), Korotiku (32), Koryis (10), Malinois (15), Ninfangle (27), Nob Nar (5), Noumena (34), Odin (36), Orisis (19), Palartarkan (11), Palson (4), Pax (35), Ralon (9), Sinbad (25), Soubrette (24), Ssu-Ma (23), Tarastia (30), Taroyas (6), Thalia (31), Thor (29), Turmis (1), Urtson (7), Usamigaras (27)
Time/Water (33): Al-Kalim (3), Ahmanni (14), Bastet (22), Brindorhin (14), Calitha (18), Carnelian (11), Chardastes (24), Crakkak (10), Finidel (7), Fugit (30), Gorrziok (25), Hymir (13), Khoronus (36), Liena (1), Luca (12), Malafor (15), Oleyan (6), Ordana (31), Petra (17), Protius (29), Raven (21), Sharpcrest (19), Simurgh (19), Skuld (34), Tiresias (9), Tourlain (8), Tyche (28), Urd (32), Vanya (23), Vethandi (35), Water Elemaster (33), Yav (20), Zalaj (27)
This site is constantly under revision, no blog posts are final as this is a work in progress place for me to develop my game settings and rules. Some posts might be placeholders for future content, so feel free to check back later for updated information.