Dungeons and Dragons – Mystara Immortals
Mahmatti – Sphere of Energy
Player Section – Mahmatti
- Patron: Magic, Nature, Wisdom
- Atruaghin pantheon only – Nationality (Atruaghin Clans (Children of Atruaghin, Clan of the Elk)
- Celestials pantheon only – Sphere of Energy (Celestial)
- Energy pantheon only – Sphere of Energy (Celestial)
- Patron: Magic, Nature, Wisdom
- Atruaghin (Running Elk) Due to Patron of Children of Atruaghin, and Clan of the Elk.
Appearance: a human of venerable age of wiry build, with his skin tight to his bones and burnt by the sun, a network of whitish wrinkles on his face and a wise and friendly look. He always carries with him a pipe, wearing simple clothes of hide (shirt and trousers) and wearing his hair shaved on the sides and collected in a ponytail that descends from the centre of his head.
Mahmatti Campaign Information
Mahmatti meaning behind names
- Mahmatti (?) – Does not have a historical name connection.
- Running Elk – Representing an naming convention around an event witness at the birth of a child or an event related to becoming an adult.
Game Master Section – Mahmatti
Mahmatti – Celestial of Energy (14)
- Sourcebooks: Wrath of the Immortals (wi-b1-23), The Atruaghin Clans (gaz14-20), Vaults of Pandius (vop)
- Alignment: Lawful
- Portfolio: clan of the elk, protecting the children of Atruaghin, wisdom, nature, magic
- Other Names: Running Elk
- Sponsor: Ixion
- Artefacts: Pipe of Mahmatti
Allies of Mahmatti
Assists (can also be assisted by)
- Ahmanni (14) Celestial of Thought
Enemies of Mahmatti
- Atzanteotl (31) Hierarch of Entropy.
- Danel (14) Celestial of Entropy
Sponsorship Hierarchy – Energy
- Sponsorship of the Energy Sphere
- Ixion (36) Hierarch of Energy
- Coberham (18) Celestial of Energy
- Gorm (19) Empyreal of Energy moved to Thought (22)
- Heimdal (30) Eternal of Energy
- Ilsundal (34) Hierarch of Energy.
- Mahmatti (14) Celestial of Energy
- Ninsun (35) Hierarch of Energy
- Palartarkan (12) Temporal of Energy moved to Thought (11)
- Patura (10) Temporal of Energy
- Rathanos (28) Eternal of Energy
- Razud (31) Hierarch of Energy.
- Saturnius (20) Empyreal of Energy
- Tahkati (17) Celestial of Energy moved to Matter (17)
- Tarastia (30) Eternal of Energy moved to Thought (30)
- Raith (12) Temporal of Energy
- The Korrigans (24) Empyreal of Energy moved to Matter (22)
- Thor (29) Eternal of Energy. moved to Thought (29)
- Thalia (36) Hierarch of Energy moved to Thought (31)
- Usamigaras (27) Eternal of Energy moved to Thought (27)
- Zugzul (32) Hierarch of Energy.
- Slizzark (15) Celestial of Energy moved to Entropy (17)
- Ixion (36) Hierarch of Energy
- Confirmed not to have a sponsor
History: Mahmatti was a member of the clan of the Elk and lived many centuries after the liberation of the clan and the creation of the Plateau by Atruaghin. Many legends tell that he was the most powerful shaman that ever lived, capable of commanding any force of nature. He was obsessed by the will of dispelling the present corruption of Atzanteotl on the clan of the Tiger and for this studied at length the way of druidic magic, of shamanism and even the arcane magic of the foreigners, until he was at the point of achieving his aim. Unfortunately, Atzanteotl was aware of the danger and sent some members of the clan of the Tiger into the village of Mahmatti, where they assassinated a violent man and left traces that indicated the guilt of Mahmatti. The shaman was incapable of exonerating himself and was thus condemned to death. Thanks to his magic he fled swearing that he would come back with the truth, and for this was banished by his tribe in a special ceremony according to the laws passed down by Atruaghin. Like the great unifier had in fact, Mahmatti also sought the knowledge by travelling abroad, and ended by being trapped in the web of lies of a witch that lived on the mountains of the Silver Sierras, to the border between High Lands (at that time still uninhabited) and eastern Sind. When he was heart-broken that the woman had been using magic to drain his spirit and gain power, Mahmatti fled but at this point was too weak and was prematurely aged (despite having thirty years to see the double-cross). Returning therefore to the land of the clan of the Tiger, he found and killed the true guilty of the murder of which he had been accused, and after having captured the head of the assassins, he brought him alive in front of the elders of the clan of the Elk. Here the sages gave their judgement, and he nearly died while his daughter completed the ritual for readmitting him into the clan: on his face all could see the serenity and great composure. Just for force of the achievement of this enlightened state, the soul of Mahmatti was welcomed by the Great Spirit (Ixion) who required him to make a choice: he could join with his ancestors with honour, eating and living in harmony with the spirits for all eternity, or he could enter the path that could lead to him being one with the universe and with the spirits, in a position to continue to watch over his people. Mahmatti chose the most roundabout way, and it was thus that he undertook the path of the Paragon in the Spirit World, finally becoming Immortal in 452 BC among the ranks of Energy.
Personality: Mahmatti is the spiritual guide of the various clans, a sage always on the search of new knowledge. He doesn’t like physical fights or hotheads and is loyal to Atruaghin and to his mentor Ixion, while showing a mixture of pity and contempt for Atzanteotl, who he considers a creature devoured by his loneliness and by hate.
Info on Mahmatti to be discovered by Groups
Unfinished Pantheon: Serpent Peninsular (Mahmatti)
Sphere Pantheon: Energy (Mahmatti)
Design Details – Mahmatti
Classic D&D (BECMI) Stats
- Followers Alignment: Lawful or Neutral; clerics must be Neutral
- Favoured weapon: none (allowed all bludgeoning weapons)
- Clerics skills and powers: +1 bonus to Wisdom. Clerics of Mahmatti have access to the first three levels of druid spells as well as those of the cleric, but have the same limitations as druids for using weapons, armour and magic items.
D&D 3.5 Stats
- Domains: Energy, Magic, Plant, Animal
- Preferred weapon: quarterstaff
Changed the Travel Domain for the Knowledge domain. Rank was 13 moved to 14.
Mahmatti – Patron to Pantheon Links – This is to be the basis on who is in what Pantheon and why.
- Children of Atruaghin and Clan of the Elk (patron) added to the Atruaghin pantheon.
- Celestial (rank) added to the Celestials pantheon.
- Sphere of Energy (rank group) added to Energy pantheon.
- 2021-09-26 – Increase rank to 14.
- 2021-09-17 – Added in design changes and Patron to Pantheon links to show where this Immortal features in the Pantheon.
- 2021-08-20 – Added Ahmanni to allies.
- 2021-08-19 – Added in enemy of Danel.
- 2021-08-15 – Updates to layout, menu, tags and links.
The Gods: The Immortals Overview,
Energy/Fire (31): Alphatia (16), Bartziluth (24), Bemarris (3), Benekander (1), Branden 11), Coberham (18), Fire Elemaster (33), Guidarezzo (15), Heimdall (30), Iliric (8), Ilsundal (34), Ixion (36), Madarua (26), Mazikeen (27), Mahmatti (14), Matin (19), Mealiden (23), Minroth (13), Ninsun (35), Patura (10), Pflarr (25), Rad (22), Rafiel (21), Raith (12), Rathanos (28), Razud (31), Saturnius (20), The Shaper (7), The Shining One (29), Zirchev (17), Zugzul (32)
Entropy/Darkness (35): Alphaks (20), Aracne Prime (6), Arik (18), Atzanteotl (31), Bachraeus (19), Bagni (24), Brissard (10), Danel (14), Demogorgon (29), Harrow (11), Hel (36), Hircismus (12), Idris (15), Jammudaru (5), Kallala (22), Kiranjo (7), Kythria (2), Loki (30), Loup (9), Macroblan (27), Marwdyn (4), Masauwu (28), Nyx (33), Orcus (26), Ouranos (34), Pharamond (32), Qywattz (21), Ranivorus (16), Ruaidhri (3), Saasskas (23), Slizzark (17), Stodos (6), Talitha (25), Thanatos (35), Yagrai (13)
Matter/Earth (34): Atruaghin (32), Buglore (9), Chiron (6), Diamond (21), Djaea (34), Earth Elemaster (33), Faunus (11), Forsetta (7), Garl (13), Ground (19), Hattani (15), Ilmarinen (20), Infaust (16), Ka (35), Kagyar (28), Land (27), Lokena (2), Lornasen (10), Maat (30), N’grath (29), Opal (18), Paarkum (8), Polunius (25), Pearl (12), Tahkati (17), Terra (36), The Eternal General (14), The Great One (26), The Korrigans (24), The Twelve Watches (4), Utnapishtim (23), Valerias (31), Wayland (24), Wogar (5)
Thought/Air (36): Air Elemaster (32), Arnelee (8), Asterius (28), Clebard (2), Cochere (12), Cretia (16), Diulanna (18), Eiryndul (20), Frey (13), Freyja (13), Gorm (22), Halav (17), Karaash (5), Kersy (21), Korotiku (32), Koryis (10), Malinois (15), Ninfangle (27), Nob Nar (5), Noumena (34), Odin (36), Orisis (19), Palartarkan (11), Palson (4), Pax (35), Ralon (9), Sinbad (25), Soubrette (24), Ssu-Ma (23), Tarastia (30), Taroyas (6), Thalia (31), Thor (29), Turmis (1), Urtson (7), Usamigaras (27)
Time/Water (33): Al-Kalim (3), Ahmanni (14), Bastet (22), Brindorhin (14), Calitha (18), Carnelian (11), Chardastes (24), Crakkak (10), Finidel (7), Fugit (30), Gorrziok (25), Hymir (13), Khoronus (36), Liena (1), Luca (12), Malafor (15), Oleyan (6), Ordana (31), Petra (17), Protius (29), Raven (21), Sharpcrest (19), Simurgh (19), Skuld (34), Tiresias (9), Tourlain (8), Tyche (28), Urd (32), Vanya (23), Vethandi (35), Water Elemaster (33), Yav (20), Zalaj (27)
This site is constantly under revision, no blog posts are final as this is a work in progress place for me to develop my game settings and rules. Some posts might be placeholders for future content, so feel free to check back later for updated information.
Follow My Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox. For managing your subscriptions see Subscription Information.