Dungeons and Dragons – Mystara Immortals
The Shaper – Sphere of Energy
Master of Charity
Defender of the Weak
- Patron – Justice, Peace, Tolerance, Weak.
- Patron and Title Keywords – Civilisation (Equality), Virtues (Charity)
- Temporal pantheon only – Sphere of Energy (Temporal)
- Energy pantheon only – Sphere of Energy (Temporal)
- Atruaghin (The Shaper) Due to Patron of Equality.
- Giantlkin (The Shaper) Due to Patron of Virtues group (Charity)
- Alphatian Empire (Master of Charity)
- Makai (The Shaper) Due to Patron of Equality.
- Thyatian Empire (The Shaper) Due to Patron of Charity and Civilisation group (Equality).
- Energy (The Shaper) Due to Member of Sphere of Energy.
- Temporals (The Shaper) Due to Rank of Temporal.
- Assembly (The Shaper) Due to being an Immortal of Mystara.
Appearance: a young human of twenty years, with a stately and muscular physique (1.80m by 80kg), long blond hair and noble and kind expression.
Game Master Section
The Shaper – Temporal of Energy (7)
- Sourcebooks: Vaults of Pandius (vop)
- Alignment: Neutral
- Portfolio: peace, charity, equality, justice, tolerance, combat disorder and prejudice, protect the weak
- Other Names: Defender of the Weak, Durblaga, Master of Charity
- Sponsor: Ixion
- Artefacts: Hand of Kindness
History: Durblaga was born in a tribe of orcs in the southern continent of Davania. Beaten since he was little by his fellows because of his submissive disposition and of his superior intelligence, he grew with a crooked back and numerous physical flaws, and neglected by the tribe he became grumpy and incredibly vindictive. When his tribe was subject by a powerful Varellyan mage who was expanding his domains, Durblaga chose the occasion and on offering his own services, he was welcomed as apprentice by the wizard until he became, in the course of the years, his right arm, thanks to his remarkable intelligence. However, with the passing of time Durblaga was always very disconcerted by the wickedness and by the atrocities committed by his lord in the name of the quest for power and wealth, began to doubt his undertaken path. After observing the ways of the wizard, Durblaga also gained the first information on the paths of Immortality proper when the mage began his climb in the Sphere of Entropy. Afterwards, a paladin devoted to the cause of good arrived in the land of the evil wizard and challenged his power, succeeded to defeat him and free his slaves. Durblaga was saved by the piety of the paladin, the valiant Paarkum (later becoming Immortal proper following this deed), and from that day he swore a solemn oath of forswearing the cause of evil and of fighting for protecting the defenceless. Durblaga took with himself the books of magic and the tomes of ancient knowledge of the old master and he moved into the mountainous and uninhabited Vulcania, started to travel the path of the Paragon in a remote site where he wouldn’t have to meet other power thirsty magicians. After having created an artefact known as the Hand of Kindness (a staff capable of helping the oppressed and the suffering), he trained his disciples in the way of good, and after having changed a large part of the land his abode making it fertile and habitable, an oasis in which humans, demihumans and humanoids lived together in peace, was welcomed by Ixion into the Sphere of Energy in 240 AC, leaving as a legacy the Hand of Kindness to his followers, that now he brought in turn to Davania preaching to humans and non-humans the way of justice, equality and charity in the name of the Shaper. His faith moreover has also extended into Alphatia from when he manifested and has gained followers in the kingdom of Limn, homeland of humanoids and intelligent monsters that live peacefully in Alphatia as full citizens in the law.
Personality: The Shaper is extremely touchy regarding his origins, due to the current prejudices that many have about the humanoids, due to this he often deliberately keeps his own past hidden. The Shaper is a kindly being and sensible to the requests of help of the suffering, and his ultimate aim is promoting the ideals of equality, respect of the diversity in peaceful cohabitation, of charity and peace, and of protecting the weak and the defenceless. From when he rose to Immortality and had found out that Paarkum had also become an Immortal he frequently acts together with him, and can claim among his allies also Alphatia and Koryis.
Information to be discovered by Groups
- Davania (Defender of the Weak)
- Gentle Folk (Durblaga)
Sphere Pantheon: Energy (The Shaper)
Classic D&D (BECMI) Stats
- Followers Alignment: any; clerics must be Neutral or Lawful
- Favoured weapon: quarterstaff (allowed all bludgeoning weapons)
- Clerics skills and powers: : +1 bonus to Wisdom, +2 bonus to persuasion skill (not free)
- Paladins skills and powers: lay on hands
D&D 3.5 Stats
- Domains: Energy, Good, Protection, Persuasion
- Preferred weapon: quarterstaff
The Shaper – Patron to Pantheon Links – This is to be the basis on who is in what Pantheon and why.
- Charity (patron) added to the Thyatian Empire pantheon.
- Charity (patron) added to the Virtues patron group.
- Equality (patron) added to Atruaghin and Makai pantheons
- Equality (patron) added to the Civilisation patron group.
- Civilisation (patron group) added to the Thyatian Empire pantheon.
- Virtues (patron group) added to the Giantkin pantheon.
- Temporal (title) added to the Temporal pantheon.
- Sphere of Energy (title group) added to the Energy pantheon.
- 2021-09-12 – Added in design changes and Patron to Pantheon links to show where this Immortal features in the Pantheon.
The Gods: The Immortals Overview,
Energy/Fire (31): Alphatia (16), Bartziluth (24), Bemarris (3), Benekander (1), Branden 11), Coberham (18), Fire Elemaster (33), Guidarezzo (15), Heimdall (30), Iliric (8), Ilsundal (34), Ixion (36), Madarua (26), Mazikeen (27), Mahmatti (14), Matin (19), Mealiden (23), Minroth (13), Ninsun (35), Patura (10), Pflarr (25), Rad (22), Rafiel (21), Raith (12), Rathanos (28), Razud (31), Saturnius (20), The Shaper (7), The Shining One (29), Zirchev (17), Zugzul (32)
Entropy/Darkness (35): Alphaks (20), Aracne Prime (6), Arik (18), Atzanteotl (31), Bachraeus (19), Bagni (24), Brissard (10), Danel (14), Demogorgon (29), Harrow (11), Hel (36), Hircismus (12), Idris (15), Jammudaru (5), Kallala (22), Kiranjo (7), Kythria (2), Loki (30), Loup (9), Macroblan (27), Marwdyn (4), Masauwu (28), Nyx (33), Orcus (26), Ouranos (34), Pharamond (32), Qywattz (21), Ranivorus (16), Ruaidhri (3), Saasskas (23), Slizzark (17), Stodos (6), Talitha (25), Thanatos (35), Yagrai (13)
Matter/Earth (34): Atruaghin (32), Buglore (9), Chiron (6), Diamond (21), Djaea (34), Earth Elemaster (33), Faunus (11), Forsetta (7), Garl (13), Ground (19), Hattani (15), Ilmarinen (20), Infaust (16), Ka (35), Kagyar (28), Land (27), Lokena (2), Lornasen (10), Maat (30), N’grath (29), Opal (18), Paarkum (8), Polunius (25), Pearl (12), Tahkati (17), Terra (36), The Eternal General (14), The Great One (26), The Korrigans (24), The Twelve Watches (4), Utnapishtim (23), Valerias (31), Wayland (24), Wogar (5)
Thought/Air (36): Air Elemaster (32), Arnelee (8), Asterius (28), Clebard (2), Cochere (12), Cretia (16), Diulanna (18), Eiryndul (20), Frey (13), Freyja (13), Gorm (22), Halav (17), Karaash (5), Kersy (21), Korotiku (32), Koryis (10), Malinois (15), Ninfangle (27), Nob Nar (5), Noumena (34), Odin (36), Orisis (19), Palartarkan (11), Palson (4), Pax (35), Ralon (9), Sinbad (25), Soubrette (24), Ssu-Ma (23), Tarastia (30), Taroyas (6), Thalia (31), Thor (29), Turmis (1), Urtson (7), Usamigaras (27)
Time/Water (33): Al-Kalim (3), Ahmanni (14), Bastet (22), Brindorhin (14), Calitha (18), Carnelian (11), Chardastes (24), Crakkak (10), Finidel (7), Fugit (30), Gorrziok (25), Hymir (13), Khoronus (36), Liena (1), Luca (12), Malafor (15), Oleyan (6), Ordana (31), Petra (17), Protius (29), Raven (21), Sharpcrest (19), Simurgh (19), Skuld (34), Tiresias (9), Tourlain (8), Tyche (28), Urd (32), Vanya (23), Vethandi (35), Water Elemaster (33), Yav (20), Zalaj (27)
This site is constantly under revision, no blog posts are final as this is a work in progress place for me to develop my game settings and rules. Some posts might be placeholders for future content, so feel free to check back later for updated information.