Dungeons and Dragons – Mystara Immortals
Coberham – Sphere of Energy
Player Section – Coberham
Protector of the Five Shires
- Patron – Blackflame, Halflings, Knowledge, Magic, Mysteries. Magical (Blackflame).
- Celestials pantheon only – Sphere of Energy (Celestial)
- Energy pantheon only – Sphere of Energy (Celestial)
- Halfling (Coberham – Protector of the Five Shires) Due to Patron of Blackflame.
- Radiance (First Master) Due to Patron of Magical (Blackflame).
Appearance: a middle-aged hin clad all in black, with an aura of blackflames flickering around him constantly which obfuscates his features; the only unmistakable feature of his visage is his silver-sparkling eyes and his magnetic gaze.
Coberham’s Campaign Information
Game Master Section – Coberham
Coberham – Celestial of Energy (18)
Was Temporal of Energy (10)
- Sourcebooks: Mystara Players Handbook (mph92), Vaults of Pandius (vop)
- Alignment: Neutral
- Portfolio: Halflings, magic, Blackflame, mysteries and knowledge
- Other Names: Shadowglint, Protector of the Five Shires, First Master
- Sponsor: Ixion
- Artefacts: Crucible of the Blackflame
Allies of Coverham
Assists (can also be assisted by)
- Brindorhin (12) Temporal of Time
- Ixion (36) Hierarch of Energy
- Nob Nar (5) Initiate of Thought
- Noumena (34) Hierarch of Thought
- Raven (21) Empyreal of Thought
Enemies of Coberham
Opposes (can also be opposed by)
Sponsorship Hierarchy – Energy
- Sponsorship of the Energy Sphere
- Ixion (36) Hierarch of Energy
- Coberham (18) Celestial of Energy
- Gorm (19) Empyreal of Energy moved to Thought (22)
- Heimdal (30) Eternal of Energy
- Ilsundal (34) Hierarch of Energy.
- Mahmatti (14) Celestial of Energy
- Ninsun (35) Hierarch of Energy
- Palartarkan (12) Temporal of Energy moved to Thought (11)
- Patura (10) Temporal of Energy
- Rathanos (28) Eternal of Energy
- Razud (31) Hierarch of Energy.
- Saturnius (20) Empyreal of Energy
- Tahkati (17) Celestial of Energy moved to Matter (17)
- Tarastia (30) Eternal of Energy moved to Thought (30)
- Raith (12) Temporal of Energy
- The Korrigans (24) Empyreal of Energy moved to Matter (22)
- Thor (29) Eternal of Energy. moved to Thought (29)
- Thalia (36) Hierarch of Energy moved to Thought (31)
- Usamigaras (27) Eternal of Energy moved to Thought (27)
- Zugzul (32) Hierarch of Energy.
- Slizzark (15) Celestial of Energy moved to Entropy (17)
- Ixion (36) Hierarch of Energy
- Confirmed not to have a sponsor
History: in life he was probably the first Hin Keeper who discovered the secret of Blackflame under the Black Peaks Mountains, creating the first Crucible and harnessing the magical powers of Blackflame in the VIII century BC. Thanks to the Blackflame powers, the hin resistance finally got the edge over the humanoids and led by the brave and charismatic Gunzuth (Brindorhin) the hins finally earned their freedom in BC 610 at the end of the Time of Heroes. Later Coberham taught the mysteries of Blackflame to a small cadre of loyal followers creating the first Hin Keepers and he became the most powerful mage of the whole area. He then proceeded to create a unique magical network all around the Shires to protect them by exploiting the Crucibles of Blackflame. This way he finally succeeded in his quest on the Path of Paragon and reached immortality in the Sphere of Energy in the VI century BC.
Personality: Coberham is as much wise as he is silent. He loves to ponder the deep issues of the Multiverse and to study all unique and innovative forms of magic. He never stopped to examine the Blackflame and learn about its origins and powers, inviting all his followers to handle these mysteries with care and secrecy. He’s a loyal friend of Brindorhin, who shared with him the epic deeds of the Time of Heroes and finds Nob Nar and Raven the perfect embodiment of the typical merry and easy-going hin. He’s got a deep respect for Ixion and Noumena, although he cannot really count them among his allies. His only enemies are the immortal patrons of orcs and goblins.
Info on Coberham to be discovered by Groups
- Norwold (Shadowglint)
Design Details – Coberham
Classic D&D Stats
- Followers Alignment: any
- Favourite Weapons: none preferred (allowed all small and medium sized weapons)
- Clerics skills and powers: +1 Intelligence bonus. Some clerics belong to the caste of the Keeper of Blackflame (a special priest subclass detailed in Tome of Mystaran Magic).
- Paladins skills and powers: Coberham’s paladins are the Hin Masters (see GAZ8)
- Spells: ceremony (1st), cornucopy (3rd).
D&D 3E Stats
- Domains: Energy, Magic, Knowledge, Fire
- Preferred Weapon: siangham
Increased Rank from 10 (Temporal) to 18 (Celestial)
Coberham – Patron to Pantheon Links – This is to be the basis on who is in what Pantheon and why.
- Blackflame (patron) added to the Halfling pantheon.
- Blackflame (patron) added to the Magical patron group.
- Magical (patron group) added to the Radiance pantheon.
- Celestial (rank) added to the Celestials pantheon.
- Sphere of Energy (rank group) added to Energy pantheon.
- 2021-09-27 – Rank increase to 18, Title increase to Celestial.
- 2021-09-10 – Added in design changes and Patron to Pantheon links to show where this Immortal features in the Pantheon
- 2021-08-27 – Update to layout, menu, tags and lins.
The Gods: The Immortals Overview,
Energy/Fire (31): Alphatia (16), Bartziluth (24), Bemarris (3), Benekander (1), Branden 11), Coberham (18), Fire Elemaster (33), Guidarezzo (15), Heimdall (30), Iliric (8), Ilsundal (34), Ixion (36), Madarua (26), Mazikeen (27), Mahmatti (14), Matin (19), Mealiden (23), Minroth (13), Ninsun (35), Patura (10), Pflarr (25), Rad (22), Rafiel (21), Raith (12), Rathanos (28), Razud (31), Saturnius (20), The Shaper (7), The Shining One (29), Zirchev (17), Zugzul (32)
Entropy/Darkness (35): Alphaks (20), Aracne Prime (6), Arik (18), Atzanteotl (31), Bachraeus (19), Bagni (24), Brissard (10), Danel (14), Demogorgon (29), Harrow (11), Hel (36), Hircismus (12), Idris (15), Jammudaru (5), Kallala (22), Kiranjo (7), Kythria (2), Loki (30), Loup (9), Macroblan (27), Marwdyn (4), Masauwu (28), Nyx (33), Orcus (26), Ouranos (34), Pharamond (32), Qywattz (21), Ranivorus (16), Ruaidhri (3), Saasskas (23), Slizzark (17), Stodos (6), Talitha (25), Thanatos (35), Yagrai (13)
Matter/Earth (34): Atruaghin (32), Buglore (9), Chiron (6), Diamond (21), Djaea (34), Earth Elemaster (33), Faunus (11), Forsetta (7), Garl (13), Ground (19), Hattani (15), Ilmarinen (20), Infaust (16), Ka (35), Kagyar (28), Land (27), Lokena (2), Lornasen (10), Maat (30), N’grath (29), Opal (18), Paarkum (8), Polunius (25), Pearl (12), Tahkati (17), Terra (36), The Eternal General (14), The Great One (26), The Korrigans (24), The Twelve Watches (4), Utnapishtim (23), Valerias (31), Wayland (24), Wogar (5)
Thought/Air (36): Air Elemaster (32), Arnelee (8), Asterius (28), Clebard (2), Cochere (12), Cretia (16), Diulanna (18), Eiryndul (20), Frey (13), Freyja (13), Gorm (22), Halav (17), Karaash (5), Kersy (21), Korotiku (32), Koryis (10), Malinois (15), Ninfangle (27), Nob Nar (5), Noumena (34), Odin (36), Orisis (19), Palartarkan (11), Palson (4), Pax (35), Ralon (9), Sinbad (25), Soubrette (24), Ssu-Ma (23), Tarastia (30), Taroyas (6), Thalia (31), Thor (29), Turmis (1), Urtson (7), Usamigaras (27)
Time/Water (33): Al-Kalim (3), Ahmanni (14), Bastet (22), Brindorhin (14), Calitha (18), Carnelian (11), Chardastes (24), Crakkak (10), Finidel (7), Fugit (30), Gorrziok (25), Hymir (13), Khoronus (36), Liena (1), Luca (12), Malafor (15), Oleyan (6), Ordana (31), Petra (17), Protius (29), Raven (21), Sharpcrest (19), Simurgh (19), Skuld (34), Tiresias (9), Tourlain (8), Tyche (28), Urd (32), Vanya (23), Vethandi (35), Water Elemaster (33), Yav (20), Zalaj (27)
This site is constantly under revision, no blog posts are final as this is a work in progress place for me to develop my game settings and rules. Some posts might be placeholders for future content, so feel free to check back later for updated information.
Follow My Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox. For managing your subscriptions see Subscription Information.