Dungeons and Dragons – Mystara Immortals
Nyx – Sphere of Entropy
Our Lady of Darkness, Dark Elemaster
- Patron – Magic, Necromancy, Night, Secrets, Shadow, Undead (as Undeath).
- Patron and Title Keywords – Elements (Darkness), Nationality (Ylaruam (Cyndicea)), Racial (Elemental Races (Genie), Genasi (Darkness)), Title (Sphere of Entropy (Hierarch, Sovereign))
- Elemental Rules pantheon only – Sphere of Entropy (Sovereign)
- Entropy pantheon only – Sphere of Entropy (Hierarch)
- Hierarchs pantheon only – Sphere of Entropy (Hierarch)
- Ylari pantheon only – Nationality (Ylaruam (Cyndicea))
- Alphatian Empire (Our Lady of Darkness) Due to Patron of Genasi group (Darkness)
- Outcast (Nyx)
- Thyatian Empire (The Night)
- Ylari (Zargos) Due to Patron of Cyndicea.
- Darkness (The Night) Due to Patron of Darkness
- Elemental Rules (Sovereign of Darkness) Due to Rank of Sovereign
- Forest (Dark Elemaster) Due to Rank of Sovereign.
- Ocean (Dark Elemaster) Due to Rank of Sovereign.
- Radiance (Dark Elemaster) Due to Rank of Sovereign.
- Shadowlands (Dark Elemaster) Due to Patron of Darkness and Rank of Sovereign.
- Sky (Dark Elemaster) Due to Rank of Sovereign.
- Entropy (Nyx) Due to Member of Sphere of Entropy.
- Hierarchs (Nyx) Due to Rank of Hierarch.
- Spheres (Nyx) Due to Patron of Elements group (Darkness)
- Assembly (Nyx) Due to member of Sphere of Entropy.
- a minute pale woman that looks very attractive and charming, with oriental features, long raven hair and pitch-black eyes, dressed with shapely long dark robes.
- The second manifestation form is that of a wizened old scholar with long white beard, eyes completely black (without the white part of the bulb) clad in a large weathered robe.
Game Master Section
Nyx – Hierarch of Entropy (33)
- Sourcebooks: Wrath of the Immortals Book One – Codex of the Immortals (wi-b1-33), Vaults of Pandius (vop)
- Alignment: Neutral
- Portfolio: Night, Darkness, Monster Races, darkness, night, shadow, undeath, necromancy, secrets, magic
- Other Names: Nin-Hurabi, Na al, Zargos, The Night, Our Lady of Darkness
- Sponsor: Hel
- Artefacts: Longsword of Nyx
Allies of Nyx
- Terra (36) Hierarch of Matter
Enemies of Nyx
Opposes (can also be opposed by)
Sponsorship Hierarchy – Entropy
- Sponsorship of the Entropy Sphere
- Hel (36) Hierarch of Entropy.
- Thanatos (35) Hierarch of Entropy.
- Alphaks (20) Empyreal of Entropy
- Arik (18) Celestial of Entropy
- Harrow (11) Temporal of Entropy moved from Thought (11)
- Atzanteotl (31) Hierarch of Entropy.
- Bachraeus (19) Empyreal of Entropy
- Demogorgon (30) Eternal of Entropy.
- Loki (30) Hierarch of Entropy.
- Orcus (26) Eternal of Entropy
- Ouranos (34) Hierarch of Entropy moved from Energy (35)
- Pharamond (32) Hierarch of Entropy moved from Energy
- Qywattz (21) Empyreal of Entropy moved from Thought (20)
- Ranivorus (16) Celestial of Entropy
- Loup (9) Temporal of Entropy moved from Thought (9)
- Talitha (25) Eternal of Entropy
History: Nyx was born in a faraway plane from a race similar to Mystaran humans. She was taken when she was still young by a vampire-like creature and became a living dead. After centuries in his new condition Nyx began to like her new state and after gaining freedom from his former master, she started building a mighty empire of undead creatures. There she embarked on the path of Entropy and attained immortality under the sponsorship of a mysterious immortal, after creating and spreading a new race of night creatures.
From that moment, she has risen in power inside her own sphere, even if she doesn’t sport the raw chaotic nor the overtly evil nature of her fellow members and is constantly trying to give way to the undead races in the Prime.
Personality: Nyx is a creature of darkness, and as such she is obsessed by her ideal of beauty and natural order which obviously puts darkness and undeath above all other things. Many of his followers are intelligent undead and necromancers, and she is usually bent on creating some new undead race and devise some grand scheme to cast whole worlds into darkness and under the undead’s yoke (this is her renown purpose among the Milenians of the Hollow World, for example, where she’s worshipped as Zargos). Nyx is not truly cruel or sadistic, but she embodies a cold form of evil that wants to give to the Multiverse a kind of order that normal living creatures find aberrant, where undead dominated and night is eternal. To Nyx, the universal order should have undeath replace life, and she tries to push on her own vision by increasing the power of necromancy and of the creatures of darkness. Since she’s so obsessed with the opposite of normal order, she is Ixion’s bane, who in contrast is the embodiment of Light, Sun and all that is Good. They are at the opposite ends of the circle of life, and as such they oppose one another not just philosophically but also in concrete, interfering with each other’s schemes whenever possible.
Nyx is also on bad terms with Thanatos and Orcus (the rivalry with Thanatos dates back to the Taymor empire), because these two demons push the undead to give way to raw chaos and use them sadistically to further their plans instead of protecting them, something that Nyx cannot bear. Undeath (much like Life for Ixion) is sacred to Nyx and must be preserved.
Info on Nyx to be discovered by Groups
- Milenia (Zargos)
- Ochalean (Na al)
- Savage Coast (Nin-Hurabi)
Sphere Pantheon: Entropy (Nyx)
Classic D&D (BECMI) Stats
- Followers Alignment: any
- Favoured weapon: none (allowed short spear, mace, sling and short sword)
- Clerics skills and powers: permanent 60′ radius infravision; they can freely cast darkness once a day at 1st lvl, twice at 2nd lvl and 3 times at 3rd+ level; control undead as liege with same HD as same level; +2 bonus to necromancy general skill. Nyx’s clerics are buried with a special ceremony which allows them to raise as priestly mummies after their death ; some others try to attain lichdom or become vampires during their life.
D&D 3.5 Stats
- Domains: Entropy, Evil, Death, Magic, Darkness
- Preferred weapon: short sword
Nyx – Patron to Pantheon Links – This is to be the basis on who is in what Pantheon and why.
- Cyndicea (patron) added to the Ylari pantheon.
- Darkness (patron) added to the Darkness and Shadowlands pantheons.
- Darkness (patron) added to the Elements and Genasi patron group.
- Elements (patron group) added to the Spheres pantheon.
- Genasi (patron group) added to the Alphatian Empire pantheon.
- Sovereign (title) added to the Elemental Rulers, Forest, Ocean, Radiance, Shadowlands, Sky pantheons
- Sovereign (title) added to the Nobility patron group.
- Hierarch (rank) added to the Hierarchs pantheon.
- Sphere of Entropy (rank group) added to Entropy pantheon.
- 2021-09-04 – Added in design changes and Patron to Pantheon links to show where this Immortal features in the Pantheon. Added new patron of Cyndicea due to module I am running.
- 2021-08-19 – Updates to allie and enemies.
- 2021-08-05 – Added in Ixion.
The Gods: The Immortals Overview,
Energy/Fire (31): Alphatia (16), Bartziluth (24), Bemarris (3), Benekander (1), Branden 11), Coberham (18), Fire Elemaster (33), Guidarezzo (15), Heimdall (30), Iliric (8), Ilsundal (34), Ixion (36), Madarua (26), Mazikeen (27), Mahmatti (14), Matin (19), Mealiden (23), Minroth (13), Ninsun (35), Patura (10), Pflarr (25), Rad (22), Rafiel (21), Raith (12), Rathanos (28), Razud (31), Saturnius (20), The Shaper (7), The Shining One (29), Zirchev (17), Zugzul (32)
Entropy/Darkness (35): Alphaks (20), Aracne Prime (6), Arik (18), Atzanteotl (31), Bachraeus (19), Bagni (24), Brissard (10), Danel (14), Demogorgon (29), Harrow (11), Hel (36), Hircismus (12), Idris (15), Jammudaru (5), Kallala (22), Kiranjo (7), Kythria (2), Loki (30), Loup (9), Macroblan (27), Marwdyn (4), Masauwu (28), Nyx (33), Orcus (26), Ouranos (34), Pharamond (32), Qywattz (21), Ranivorus (16), Ruaidhri (3), Saasskas (23), Slizzark (17), Stodos (6), Talitha (25), Thanatos (35), Yagrai (13)
Matter/Earth (34): Atruaghin (32), Buglore (9), Chiron (6), Diamond (21), Djaea (34), Earth Elemaster (33), Faunus (11), Forsetta (7), Garl (13), Ground (19), Hattani (15), Ilmarinen (20), Infaust (16), Ka (35), Kagyar (28), Land (27), Lokena (2), Lornasen (10), Maat (30), N’grath (29), Opal (18), Paarkum (8), Polunius (25), Pearl (12), Tahkati (17), Terra (36), The Eternal General (14), The Great One (26), The Korrigans (24), The Twelve Watches (4), Utnapishtim (23), Valerias (31), Wayland (24), Wogar (5)
Thought/Air (36): Air Elemaster (32), Arnelee (8), Asterius (28), Clebard (2), Cochere (12), Cretia (16), Diulanna (18), Eiryndul (20), Frey (13), Freyja (13), Gorm (22), Halav (17), Karaash (5), Kersy (21), Korotiku (32), Koryis (10), Malinois (15), Ninfangle (27), Nob Nar (5), Noumena (34), Odin (36), Orisis (19), Palartarkan (11), Palson (4), Pax (35), Ralon (9), Sinbad (25), Soubrette (24), Ssu-Ma (23), Tarastia (30), Taroyas (6), Thalia (31), Thor (29), Turmis (1), Urtson (7), Usamigaras (27)
Time/Water (33): Al-Kalim (3), Ahmanni (14), Bastet (22), Brindorhin (14), Calitha (18), Carnelian (11), Chardastes (24), Crakkak (10), Finidel (7), Fugit (30), Gorrziok (25), Hymir (13), Khoronus (36), Liena (1), Luca (12), Malafor (15), Oleyan (6), Ordana (31), Petra (17), Protius (29), Raven (21), Sharpcrest (19), Simurgh (19), Skuld (34), Tiresias (9), Tourlain (8), Tyche (28), Urd (32), Vanya (23), Vethandi (35), Water Elemaster (33), Yav (20), Zalaj (27)
This site is constantly under revision, no blog posts are final as this is a work in progress place for me to develop my game settings and rules. Some posts might be placeholders for future content, so feel free to check back later for updated information.