Dungeons and Dragons – Mystara Immortals
Malinois – Sphere of Thought
Lord of Just Vengeance, Saimpt Malinois, The Wereslayer
- Patron – Hunting, Lupins, Vengeance, War, Weaponsmiths. Patron – Courage.
- Celestial pantheon only – Sphere of Thought (Celestial)
- Thought pantheon only – Sphere of Thought (Celestial)
- Alphatian Empire (Lord of Just Vengeance)
- Makai (The Wereslayer) Due to Patron of Courage.
- Ocean Guilds (The Wereslayer)
- Thyatian Empire (The Avenger)
- Celestials (Malinois) Due to Rank of Celestial.
- Thought (Malinois) Due to Member of Sphere of Thought.
Appearance: a bastard lupin with jackal-headed snout and light brown fur, sporting a keen eye and a lithe and athletic body. he normally wears dark hunter’s clothes and carries a sword and a knife at the belt and a longbow on his shoulders.
Game Master Section
Malinois – Celestial of Thought (14)
- Sourcebooks: Vaults of Pandius (vop)
- Alignment: Neutral
- Portfolio: lupins, hunting, war, courage, just vengeance, weapons, hunting lycanthropes
- Other Names: Saimpt Malinois, Lord of Just Vengeance, Maleen, The Wereslayer, The Avenger
- Sponsor: Korotiku
- Artefacts: Longbow of Malinois, Longsword of Malinois, Silver Dagger of Malinois
Allies of Malinois
Assists (can also be assisted by)
Enemies of Malinois
Opposes (can also be opposed by)
- Orcus (26) Eternal of Entropy
Sponsorship Hierarchy – Thought
- Sponsorship of the Thought Sphere
- Air Elemaster (33) Hierarch of Thought
- Korotiku (32) Hierarch of Thought
- Ahmanni (14) Celestial of Thought moved to Time (16)
- Asterius (27) Eternal of Thought
- Clebard (2) Initiate of Thought
- Cochere (12) Temporal of Thought
- Cretia (16) Celestial of Thought
- Diulanna (18) Celestial of Thought
- Karaash (5) Initiate of Thought
- Eiryndul (20) Empyreal of Thought moved from Energy (20)
- Harrow (11) Temporal of Thought moved to Entropy (11)
- Loup (9) Temporal of Thought moved to Entropy (9)
- Malinois (16) Celestial of Thought
- Palartarkan (11) Temporal of Thought moved from Energy (12)
- Ralon (9) Temporal of Thought
- Soubrette (24) Empyreal of Thought
- Ssu-Ma (23) Empyreal of Thought
- Turmis (1) Initiate of Thought
- Odin (36) Hierarch of Thought
- Arnelee (8) Temporal of Thought
- Frey (13) Celestial of Thought
- Freyja (14) Celestial of Thought
- Halav (17) Celestial of Thought
- Ninfangle (26) Eternal of Thought (26) Moved from Matter (27)
- Noumena (34) Hierarch of Thought
- Palson (3) Initiate of Thought
- Orisis (19) Empyreal of Thought
- Tarastia (30) Eternal of Thought moved from Energy (30)
- Taroyas (6) Initiate of Thought moved from Time (6)
- Thor (29) Eternal of Energy. moved to Thought (29)
- Gorm (22) Empyreal of Thought moved from Energy (19)
- Usamigaras (27) Eternal of Energy moved to Thought (27)
- Pax (35)
- Kersy (21) Empyreal of Thought
- Koryis (10) Temporal of Thought
- Urtson (7) Temporal of Thought moved from Matter (12)
- Thalia (31) Hierarch of Thought from Energy
- Qywattz (20) Empyreal of Thought moved to Entropy (21)
- Sinbad (25) Eternal of Thought
- Nob Nar (4) Initiate of Thought
- Tyche (28) Eternal of Thought (28) moved to Time (28)
History: Maleen was born by an act of ultimate hatred. His mother was a lupin with Hutaakan blood raped by some gnolls during the gnoll invasion of the Traldar kingdoms. Maleen grew up as an outcast, and once he reached puberty, he left the Hutaaka Valley where his clan was dwelling and started roaming between Nithia and the cold inhospitable lands of the north-west. During these years he honed his skills as ranger and lone hunter. Later, when the massacres and raids brought about by tribes of gnolls and lycanthropes, Maleen’s efforts were directed to make humans understand that there was a big difference between lupins and the other “dog-like” breeds. With the passing of time, many young lupins gathered around him and they formed a brigade of hunters renowned in the Nithian territories for their courage and skills in battle.
It was during his later adventures that Maleen stumbled upon the Pit of Corruption, an ancient Entropic artifact which had been used first by the Taymora and then by the Nithians to produce aberrations like gnolls, thouls and lycanthropes. When Maleen discovered that some Nithian priests were planning to sacrifice innocent lupins to create some other crossbreed, he went to the Hutaaka sages looking for a way to destroy it. They guided him towards the Amphora of Purity, a long lost artifact of Thought, the only thing that could have destroyed the wickedness of the Pit. It took Maleen the quest of his life to find the amphora, and all the while the Nithians went on with their experiments. When he finally came back to Nithia and destroyed the Pit, Maleen received an omen from the immortals and he realised he was way ahead on the Path of the Epic Hero. So he crafted a new legendary weapon and taught his own son to succeed him and pass his legend onto the future generations. Maleen became immortal in BC830 under Korotiku’s patronage, and soon he became a legend and a god among the lupins of all the world.
Later with the reform of the Renardois Church he became known as Saimpt Malinois in that nation, although he is still known simply as the Wereslayer or the Avenger or Maleen the Hunter by many lupin tribes.
Personality: Saimpt Malinois is the most active of the Lupin Immortals and his cult has always regarded the act of hunting as holy in the lupin society. His followers show a deep respect for the game as they understand that its death brings them life. Saimpt Malinois encourages the lupins to follow the path of the warrior and the hunter, he protects the brave and the soldiers, and he’s the patron of armourers and weaponsmiths. He has also been nicknamed the Avenger since his followers have the duty to right the wrongs and administer the justice in lupin tribes. Malinois’s priests also have the duty to bless lupins before a hunt or a war.
Maleen considers true allies only Korotiku and Saimpt Mâtin, while he has taken to despise Ruadhri Hawkbane, who let his soul be corrupted by the hatred towards lycanthropes. He is also a fierce enemy of Mrikitat, Zirchev and Orcus, responsible in his view to cover up the mischief created by the werecreatures.
Info on Malinois to be discovered by Groups
- Savage Coast (Saimpt Malinois)
- Serpent Peninsular (Malinois)
- Sind (Maleen)
Classic D&D (BECMI) Stats
- Followers Alignment: any
- Favoured weapon: longsword (allowed all one-handed slashing weapons and all kinds of bows)
- Clerics skills and powers: bonus general skills Hunting and Tracking, +2 bonus to general skills Smell and Resistance
D&D 3.5 Stats
- Domains: Thought, Good, War, Hunt, Vengeance
- Preferred weapon: longsword
Rank upgrade from 14 to 15.
Malinois – Patron to Pantheon Links – This is to be the basis on who is in what Pantheon and why.
- Courage (patron) added to the Makai pantheon.
- Celestial (rank) added to the Celestials pantheon.
- Sphere of Thought (rank group) added to Thought pantheon.
- 2021-09-25 – Rank update to 15.
- 2021-09-15 – Added in design changes and Patron to Pantheon links to show where this Immortal features in the Pantheon
- 2021-08-19 – Update to allies and enemies.
- 2021-08-18 – Updating the allies and enemies.
The Gods: The Immortals Overview,
Energy/Fire (31): Alphatia (16), Bartziluth (24), Bemarris (3), Benekander (1), Branden 11), Coberham (18), Fire Elemaster (33), Guidarezzo (15), Heimdall (30), Iliric (8), Ilsundal (34), Ixion (36), Madarua (26), Mazikeen (27), Mahmatti (14), Matin (19), Mealiden (23), Minroth (13), Ninsun (35), Patura (10), Pflarr (25), Rad (22), Rafiel (21), Raith (12), Rathanos (28), Razud (31), Saturnius (20), The Shaper (7), The Shining One (29), Zirchev (17), Zugzul (32)
Entropy/Darkness (35): Alphaks (20), Aracne Prime (6), Arik (18), Atzanteotl (31), Bachraeus (19), Bagni (24), Brissard (10), Danel (14), Demogorgon (29), Harrow (11), Hel (36), Hircismus (12), Idris (15), Jammudaru (5), Kallala (22), Kiranjo (7), Kythria (2), Loki (30), Loup (9), Macroblan (27), Marwdyn (4), Masauwu (28), Nyx (33), Orcus (26), Ouranos (34), Pharamond (32), Qywattz (21), Ranivorus (16), Ruaidhri (3), Saasskas (23), Slizzark (17), Stodos (6), Talitha (25), Thanatos (35), Yagrai (13)
Matter/Earth (34): Atruaghin (32), Buglore (9), Chiron (6), Diamond (21), Djaea (34), Earth Elemaster (33), Faunus (11), Forsetta (7), Garl (13), Ground (19), Hattani (15), Ilmarinen (20), Infaust (16), Ka (35), Kagyar (28), Land (27), Lokena (2), Lornasen (10), Maat (30), N’grath (29), Opal (18), Paarkum (8), Polunius (25), Pearl (12), Tahkati (17), Terra (36), The Eternal General (14), The Great One (26), The Korrigans (24), The Twelve Watches (4), Utnapishtim (23), Valerias (31), Wayland (24), Wogar (5)
Thought/Air (36): Air Elemaster (32), Arnelee (8), Asterius (28), Clebard (2), Cochere (12), Cretia (16), Diulanna (18), Eiryndul (20), Frey (13), Freyja (13), Gorm (22), Halav (17), Karaash (5), Kersy (21), Korotiku (32), Koryis (10), Malinois (15), Ninfangle (27), Nob Nar (5), Noumena (34), Odin (36), Orisis (19), Palartarkan (11), Palson (4), Pax (35), Ralon (9), Sinbad (25), Soubrette (24), Ssu-Ma (23), Tarastia (30), Taroyas (6), Thalia (31), Thor (29), Turmis (1), Urtson (7), Usamigaras (27)
Time/Water (33): Al-Kalim (3), Ahmanni (14), Bastet (22), Brindorhin (14), Calitha (18), Carnelian (11), Chardastes (24), Crakkak (10), Finidel (7), Fugit (30), Gorrziok (25), Hymir (13), Khoronus (36), Liena (1), Luca (12), Malafor (15), Oleyan (6), Ordana (31), Petra (17), Protius (29), Raven (21), Sharpcrest (19), Simurgh (19), Skuld (34), Tiresias (9), Tourlain (8), Tyche (28), Urd (32), Vanya (23), Vethandi (35), Water Elemaster (33), Yav (20), Zalaj (27)
This site is constantly under revision, no blog posts are final as this is a work in progress place for me to develop my game settings and rules. Some posts might be placeholders for future content, so feel free to check back later for updated information.