Dungeons and Dragons – Mystara Immortals
The Eternal General – Sphere of Matter
- Patron – Mercenaries, Pragmatism, Soldiers, Victory, War.
- Patron and Title Keywords – Civilisation (Discipline), Title (Sphere of Matter (Celestial)), Virtues (Faithfulness), Warfare (Battle)
- Celestial pantheon only – Sphere of Matter (Celestial)
- Matter pantheon only – Sphere of Matter (Celestial)
- Giantlkin (The Eternal General) Due to Patron of Virtues group (Faithfulness)
- Land Guilds (Guthbrand)
- Norse (The Eternal General) Due to Patron of Battle.
- Thyatian Empire (The Eternal General) Due to Patron of Civilisation group (Discipline), Faithfulness and Warfare group (Battle)
- Ylari (The Eternal General) Due to Patron of Discipline
- Celestials (The Eternal General) Due to Rank of Celestial.
- Matter (The Eternal General) Due to Member of Sphere of Matter.
- Assembly (The Eternal General) Due to being an Immortal of Mystara.
Appearance: a fighter in translucent full plate armour, with the visor raised that shows a semi transparent face marked by numerous scars, with his skin (or fur) dry and lined, a bandage over the left eye and a spark of unstoppable fury in the other. Appearing usually in the saddle of a heavy warhorse (or a war-tiger) of dirty black fur, and marked by battle, with a broadsword attached to his saddle and a lance in hand.
Game Master Section
The Eternal General – Celestial of Matter (14)
- Sourcebooks: Vaults of Pandius (vop)
- Alignment: Lawful
- Portfolio: war, battle, discipline, loyalty, victory, pragmatism, soldiers and mercenaries
- Other Names: Fukyuu Daishou (check or change name), Guthbrand, Heng Shang
- Sponsor: Maat
- Artefacts: Greatsword of the Eternal General
Sponsorship Hierarchy – Matter
- Sponsorship of the Matter Sphere
- Earth Elemaster (33) Hierarch of Matter
- Ouranos (35) Hierarch of Matter Moved to Entropy (34)
- Terra (36) Hierarch of Matter
- Buglore (9) Temporal of Matter
- Djaea (34) Hierarch of Matter
- Infaust (16) Celestial of Matter
- Faunus (11) Temporal of Matter
- Chiron (6) Initiate of Matter
- Forsetta (7) Temporal of Matter
- Ka (35) Hierarch of Matter
- Bastet (16) Celestial of Matter moved to Time (22).
- Gorrziok (22) Empyreal of Matter moved to Time (25)
- Crakkak (10) Temporal of Matter moved to Time (10)
- Kagyar (28) Eternal of Matter
- Lokena (2) Initiate of Matter
- Lornasen (10) Temporal of Matter moved from Energy (7)
- Ninfangle (27) Eternal of Matter (27) Moved to Thought (26)
- Wogar (5) Initiate of Matter
- Tahkati (17) Celestial of Matter moved from Energy (17)
- Utnapishtim (23) Empyreal of Matter
- Land (27) Eternal of Matter
- Maat (30) Eternal of Matter
- Macroblan (13) Celestial of Matter moved to Entropy (27)
- Malafor (18) Celestial of Matter moved to Time (15)
- The Great One (26) Eternal of Matter
- Urtson (12) Temporal of Matter moved to Thought (7)
- Terra (36) Hierarch of Matter
- Valerias (31) Hierarch of Matter
History: During his mortal life, The Eternal General practically lived on the battlefield from when he lost his parents because of the war. The circumstances therefore made him more pragmatic and opportunistic since his adolescence, forcing him to join a company of mercenaries for survival. From that moment the young Guthbrand (the mortal name of the General, a human of the Kingdom of Thonia in northern Skothar) became an expert in the arts of war, serving as a mercenary in the armies of numerous nations in various parts of Mystara during the VII century BC, and with the passing of time he also discovered that this was the life he enjoyed the most. Attaining a certain fame and experience after years of service to the Alphatian crown in the war of conquest of Thyatis, Guthbrand swore fealty to a lawful church for pure opportunism: having always faithfully serving any other master, but his status of paladin that was conferred by his service to the church brought numerous advantages and relatively few obligations. Afterwards, he also chose to continue to always fight for attempting to become Immortal was equally pragmatic, seeing that it was the only way of defeating death, an apparently unbeatable adversary that interfered with his lifestyle. Guthbrand was thus reincarnated by his patron in other warriors belonging to different races and cultures: first of all he was a Nentsunian pirate, later an able Alphatian battle mage and finally a Myoshiman rakasta cleric, cultures whose codes of honour and discipline remarkably intrigued Guthbrand, as that once he achieved Immortality (in the VI century BC) he decided to also sponsor the samurai nobles of the Empire of Myoshima (where he is known as Fukyuu Daishou, the tradition in Myoshiman of his Immortal name).
Personality: The Eternal General has only one principle: always being in the middle of the action. He has no interest in the motives that are behind any battle: the important thing is taking part in battle and winning. For the General the ends always justifies the means, and the only acceptable aim for a soldier is the defeat of the enemy and triumph in battle. He isn’t brutal, unmerciful or cruel: he simply doesn’t give any importance to the fate of those that are involved in battle, since the important thing is that they had fought, despite the victims. The Eternal General preaches to his followers the loyalty to his companions and the obedience to the commanders, but only on the basis of the fact that order and discipline are two winning weapons in the conduction of a battle, and that their union was a strength when dealing with fighting. The Eternal General is the embodiment of the perfect soldier (or samurai) who fights until the last following the orders of their superiors, without moral impediments or hesitation. His mythic figure was worshipped in a special way in the kingdom of Thonia (his homeland), Surshield and Randel (the most militaristic states of the Alphatian Empire), as well as by the rakasta of Myoshima and by the lupin shar-pei. He doesn’t have any stable allies or enemies of long standing: he is limited to compete with the recognised Immortal patrons of battle and war for taking the position, in particular is a rival of Vanya, Thor and Halav.
Information to be discovered by Groups
- Bellissaria (Fukyuu Daishou)
- Ochalean (Hen Shang)
Sphere Pantheon: Matter (The Eternal General)
Classic D&D (BECMI) Stats
- Followers Alignment: Lawful or Neutral; clerics must be Lawful
- Favoured weapon: bastard sword or katana (allowed all bludgeoning weapons, broadsword and cavalry lance)
- Clerics skills and powers: +1 bonus to Strength, +2 bonus to riding skill (not free)
- Paladins skills and powers: +1 bonus to Strength
D&D 3.5 Stats
- Domains: Matter, Law, War, Strength
- Preferred weapon: bastard sword
Changed Loyalty to Faithfulness.
The Eternal General – Patron to Pantheon Links – This is to be the basis on who is in what Pantheon and why.
- Battle (patron) added to the Norse pantheon.
- Battle (patron) added to the Warfare patron group.
- Discipline (patron) added to the Ylari pantheon.
- Discipline (patron) added to the Civilisation patron group.
- Faithfulness (patron) added to the Thyatian Empire pantheon.
- Faithfulness (patron) added to the Virtues patron group.
- Civilisation and Warfare (patron group) added to the Thyatian Empire pantheon.
- Virtues (patron group) added to the Giantkin pantheon.
- Celestial (rank) added to the Celestials pantheon.
- Sphere of Matter (rank group) added to Matter pantheon.
- 2021-09-12 – Added in design changes and Patron to Pantheon links to show where this Immortal features in the Pantheon.
The Gods: The Immortals Overview,
Energy/Fire (31): Alphatia (16), Bartziluth (24), Bemarris (3), Benekander (1), Branden 11), Coberham (18), Fire Elemaster (33), Guidarezzo (15), Heimdall (30), Iliric (8), Ilsundal (34), Ixion (36), Madarua (26), Mazikeen (27), Mahmatti (14), Matin (19), Mealiden (23), Minroth (13), Ninsun (35), Patura (10), Pflarr (25), Rad (22), Rafiel (21), Raith (12), Rathanos (28), Razud (31), Saturnius (20), The Shaper (7), The Shining One (29), Zirchev (17), Zugzul (32)
Entropy/Darkness (35): Alphaks (20), Aracne Prime (6), Arik (18), Atzanteotl (31), Bachraeus (19), Bagni (24), Brissard (10), Danel (14), Demogorgon (29), Harrow (11), Hel (36), Hircismus (12), Idris (15), Jammudaru (5), Kallala (22), Kiranjo (7), Kythria (2), Loki (30), Loup (9), Macroblan (27), Marwdyn (4), Masauwu (28), Nyx (33), Orcus (26), Ouranos (34), Pharamond (32), Qywattz (21), Ranivorus (16), Ruaidhri (3), Saasskas (23), Slizzark (17), Stodos (6), Talitha (25), Thanatos (35), Yagrai (13)
Matter/Earth (34): Atruaghin (32), Buglore (9), Chiron (6), Diamond (21), Djaea (34), Earth Elemaster (33), Faunus (11), Forsetta (7), Garl (13), Ground (19), Hattani (15), Ilmarinen (20), Infaust (16), Ka (35), Kagyar (28), Land (27), Lokena (2), Lornasen (10), Maat (30), N’grath (29), Opal (18), Paarkum (8), Polunius (25), Pearl (12), Tahkati (17), Terra (36), The Eternal General (14), The Great One (26), The Korrigans (24), The Twelve Watches (4), Utnapishtim (23), Valerias (31), Wayland (24), Wogar (5)
Thought/Air (36): Air Elemaster (32), Arnelee (8), Asterius (28), Clebard (2), Cochere (12), Cretia (16), Diulanna (18), Eiryndul (20), Frey (13), Freyja (13), Gorm (22), Halav (17), Karaash (5), Kersy (21), Korotiku (32), Koryis (10), Malinois (15), Ninfangle (27), Nob Nar (5), Noumena (34), Odin (36), Orisis (19), Palartarkan (11), Palson (4), Pax (35), Ralon (9), Sinbad (25), Soubrette (24), Ssu-Ma (23), Tarastia (30), Taroyas (6), Thalia (31), Thor (29), Turmis (1), Urtson (7), Usamigaras (27)
Time/Water (33): Al-Kalim (3), Ahmanni (14), Bastet (22), Brindorhin (14), Calitha (18), Carnelian (11), Chardastes (24), Crakkak (10), Finidel (7), Fugit (30), Gorrziok (25), Hymir (13), Khoronus (36), Liena (1), Luca (12), Malafor (15), Oleyan (6), Ordana (31), Petra (17), Protius (29), Raven (21), Sharpcrest (19), Simurgh (19), Skuld (34), Tiresias (9), Tourlain (8), Tyche (28), Urd (32), Vanya (23), Vethandi (35), Water Elemaster (33), Yav (20), Zalaj (27)
This site is constantly under revision, no blog posts are final as this is a work in progress place for me to develop my game settings and rules. Some posts might be placeholders for future content, so feel free to check back later for updated information.
Follow My Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox. For managing your subscriptions see Subscription Information.