Dungeons and Dragons – Mystara Immortals
Hattani – Sphere of Matter
Player Section – Hattani
Stoneclaw, The Bear Lord
- Patron and Title keywords – Courage, Faithfulness, Warfare (Battle)
- Atruaghin pantheon only – Nationality (Atruaghin Clans (Children of Atruaghin, Clan of the Bear))
- Celestial pantheon only – Sphere of Matter (Celestial)
- Matter pantheon only – Sphere of Matter (Celestial)
- Atruaghin (Stoneclaw) Due to Patron of Children of Atruaghin, and Clan of the Bear.
- Giantlkin (The Bear Lord) Due to Patron of Virtues group (Faithfulness)
- Makai (Stoneclaw) Due to Patron of Courage.
- Norse (The Bear Lord) Due to Patron of Battle
- Thyatian Empire (The Bear Lord) Due to Patron of Faithfulness and Warfare group (Battle)
- Assembly (Hattani) Due to being an Immortal of Mystara.
Appearance: a tall and imposing, cooper-skinned human with a well defined body and in perfect condition, with a wise-looking face and square features marked by war paint and long black hair gathered into a ponytail. He wears at his neck a talisman with the claws of a bear hanging from a strip of leather and always hefting a warhammer with a stone head decorated with eagle feathers, while his only other clothes are his deerskin trousers and boots.
Hattani’s Campaign Information
Game Master Section – Hattani
Hattani – Celestial of Matter (15)
- Sourcebooks: Mystara Players Handbook (mph95), Wrath of the Immortals Book One – Codex of the Immortals (wi-b1-40), The Atruaghin Clans (gaz14-16), Vault of Pandius (vop)
- Portfolio: clan of the bear, protecting Atruaghin and the Children of Atruaghin, courage, loyalty, battle
- Other Names: Stoneclaw, The Bear Lord
- Sponsor: Atruaghin
- Alignment: Neutral
- Artefact Weapon: Warhammer of Hattani
Allies of Hattani
Assists (can also be assisted by)
- Tahkati (17) Celestial of Energy
Enemies of Hattani
Opposes (can also be opposed by)
- Atzanteotl (31) Hierarch of Entropy
- Danel (14) Celestial of Entropy
Sponsorship Hierarchy – Matter
- Sponsorship of the Matter Sphere
- Earth Elemaster (33) Hierarch of Matter
- Ouranos (35) Hierarch of Matter Moved to Entropy (34)
- Terra (36) Hierarch of Matter
- Buglore (9) Temporal of Matter
- Djaea (34) Hierarch of Matter
- Infaust (16) Celestial of Matter
- Faunus (11) Temporal of Matter
- Chiron (6) Initiate of Matter
- Forsetta (7) Temporal of Matter
- Ka (35) Hierarch of Matter
- Bastet (16) Celestial of Matter moved to Time (22).
- Gorrziok (22) Empyreal of Matter moved to Time (25)
- Crakkak (10) Temporal of Matter moved to Time (10)
- Kagyar (28) Eternal of Matter
- Lokena (2) Initiate of Matter
- Lornasen (10) Temporal of Matter moved from Energy (7)
- Ninfangle (27) Eternal of Matter (27) Moved to Thought (26)
- Wogar (5) Initiate of Matter
- Tahkati (17) Celestial of Matter moved from Energy (17)
- Utnapishtim (23) Empyreal of Matter
- Land (27) Eternal of Matter
- Maat (30) Eternal of Matter
- Macroblan (13) Celestial of Matter moved to Entropy (27)
- Malafor (18) Celestial of Matter moved to Time (15)
- The Great One (26) Eternal of Matter
- Urtson (12) Temporal of Matter moved to Thought (7)
- Terra (36) Hierarch of Matter
- Valerias (31) Hierarch of Matter
History: in life he was the head of the clan of the bear and had the honour of fighting at the side of Atruaghin during the revolt against the humanoids in 800 BC. Seeing that their ancestral lands had been pillaged and devastated by the humanoids, when Atruaghin raised the plateau Hattani led his people to the top of it, choosing to live on the most easiest defendable rocky slopes. Afterwards Atruaghin appeared to his old companion of arms and confided to him that Danel, head of the clan of the tiger, was being manipulated by Atzanteotl and risked dragging all his people into chaos. In 792 BC Hattani organised an expedition with the better warriors for visiting Danel and attempt to bring him back on to the straight and narrow, but on meeting him it was clear that by now it was too late. Afterwards Danel tried to kill them, but challenged to single combat by Hattani he accepted, and having then lost in front of his people was made to set free the group of Hattani. However a week later there were new assaults by Danel and his men, and in the battle that followed, which lasted for two uninterrupted days, Danel and Hattani faced each other again, although at the end Hattani was mortally wounded. While Danel fed the heart of the enemy to carnivorous fish in a holy ceremony to Atzanteotl, Atruaghin with him the spirit of Hattani and guided it into a new body, allowing him to begin the first of his reincarnations (even if for the people of Atruaghin this was the moment in which Hattani became one with the high spirits). It was thus that Hattani set out on the path of the Polymath and finally became Immortal after having overcoming different trials in 760 BC.
Personality: Hattani is similar to Atruaghin, very reflective and just, but very quick to act and more expert in the tactics of war than his patron, who he serves with unwavering faith. Now he feels more pity than anger for Danel, recalling that once he was a just and capable leader, and concentrates all his rancour against Atzanteotl.
Info on Hattani to be discovered by Groups
- Neathar (Hattani)
Design Details – Hattani
Classic D&D (BECMI) Stats
- Followers Alignment: any; clerics must be Neutral or Lawful
- Favourite weapon: warhammer (allowed all bludgeoning weapons)
- Clerics skills and powers: free fighting instinct skill
D&D 3.5 Stats
- Domains: Matter, Good, War, Protection Courage
- Preferred weapon: warhammer
Changed Loyalty over to Faithfulness.
Hattani – Patron to Pantheon Links – This is to be the basis on who is in what Pantheon and why.
- Battle (patron) added to the Norse pantheon.
- Battle (patron) added to the Warfare patron group.
- Children of Atruaghin and Clan of the Bear (patron) linked to Atruaghin pantheon
- Courage (patron) added to the Makai pantheon.
- Faithfulness (patron) added to the Thyatian Empire pantheon.
- Faithfulness (patron) added to the Virtues patron group.
- Virtues (patron group) added to the giantkin pantheon.
- Warfare (patron group) added to the Thyatian Empire pantheon.
- Celestial (rank) added to the Celestials pantheon.
- Sphere of Matter (rank group) added to Matter pantheon.
- 2021-09-12 – Added in design changes and Patron to Pantheon links to show where this Immortal features in the Pantheon. Added new name, “The Bear Lord”.
- 2021-08-19 – Added in enemy of Danel.
- 2021-08-15 – Update to allies and enemies, and some layout. Tags and overall update done later.
The Gods: The Immortals Overview,
Energy/Fire (31): Alphatia (16), Bartziluth (24), Bemarris (3), Benekander (1), Branden 11), Coberham (18), Fire Elemaster (33), Guidarezzo (15), Heimdall (30), Iliric (8), Ilsundal (34), Ixion (36), Madarua (26), Mazikeen (27), Mahmatti (14), Matin (19), Mealiden (23), Minroth (13), Ninsun (35), Patura (10), Pflarr (25), Rad (22), Rafiel (21), Raith (12), Rathanos (28), Razud (31), Saturnius (20), The Shaper (7), The Shining One (29), Zirchev (17), Zugzul (32)
Entropy/Darkness (35): Alphaks (20), Aracne Prime (6), Arik (18), Atzanteotl (31), Bachraeus (19), Bagni (24), Brissard (10), Danel (14), Demogorgon (29), Harrow (11), Hel (36), Hircismus (12), Idris (15), Jammudaru (5), Kallala (22), Kiranjo (7), Kythria (2), Loki (30), Loup (9), Macroblan (27), Marwdyn (4), Masauwu (28), Nyx (33), Orcus (26), Ouranos (34), Pharamond (32), Qywattz (21), Ranivorus (16), Ruaidhri (3), Saasskas (23), Slizzark (17), Stodos (6), Talitha (25), Thanatos (35), Yagrai (13)
Matter/Earth (34): Atruaghin (32), Buglore (9), Chiron (6), Diamond (21), Djaea (34), Earth Elemaster (33), Faunus (11), Forsetta (7), Garl (13), Ground (19), Hattani (15), Ilmarinen (20), Infaust (16), Ka (35), Kagyar (28), Land (27), Lokena (2), Lornasen (10), Maat (30), N’grath (29), Opal (18), Paarkum (8), Polunius (25), Pearl (12), Tahkati (17), Terra (36), The Eternal General (14), The Great One (26), The Korrigans (24), The Twelve Watches (4), Utnapishtim (23), Valerias (31), Wayland (24), Wogar (5)
Thought/Air (36): Air Elemaster (32), Arnelee (8), Asterius (28), Clebard (2), Cochere (12), Cretia (16), Diulanna (18), Eiryndul (20), Frey (13), Freyja (13), Gorm (22), Halav (17), Karaash (5), Kersy (21), Korotiku (32), Koryis (10), Malinois (15), Ninfangle (27), Nob Nar (5), Noumena (34), Odin (36), Orisis (19), Palartarkan (11), Palson (4), Pax (35), Ralon (9), Sinbad (25), Soubrette (24), Ssu-Ma (23), Tarastia (30), Taroyas (6), Thalia (31), Thor (29), Turmis (1), Urtson (7), Usamigaras (27)
Time/Water (33): Al-Kalim (3), Ahmanni (14), Bastet (22), Brindorhin (14), Calitha (18), Carnelian (11), Chardastes (24), Crakkak (10), Finidel (7), Fugit (30), Gorrziok (25), Hymir (13), Khoronus (36), Liena (1), Luca (12), Malafor (15), Oleyan (6), Ordana (31), Petra (17), Protius (29), Raven (21), Sharpcrest (19), Simurgh (19), Skuld (34), Tiresias (9), Tourlain (8), Tyche (28), Urd (32), Vanya (23), Vethandi (35), Water Elemaster (33), Yav (20), Zalaj (27)
This site is constantly under revision, no blog posts are final as this is a work in progress place for me to develop my game settings and rules. Some posts might be placeholders for future content, so feel free to check back later for updated information.
Follow My Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox. For managing your subscriptions see Subscription Information.