Dungeons and Dragons – Mystara
Pantheons – Ancient Ones
Ancient Ones Pantheon Overview
Pantheons are one of the options players can use to get access to class features, as well as secret crafts and elemental aspects.
Ancient Ones (Council)
- Core Immortals –
- Charter Patrons –
- Elements – Air (2)
- Charter Secret Crafts – Airologist (Aerial Races, Air), Shapeologist (Aranea), Skyologist (Aerial Races, Air), Skaldologist (Aesirs),
- Barbarian – Storm Herald – Sea (Air)
- Cleric – Air (Aerial Races, Air,), Arcana (Aranea), Knowledge (Aesirs), War (Aesirs),
- Monk – Elements – Air (Air),
- Paladin – Thunder (Air),
- Sorcerer – Draconic Bloodline – Air (Air), Elemental Essence – Air (Air), Storm Sorcery (Air),
- Warlock – Genie Lord – Air (Air),
- Wizard – Elementalist – Air (Air),
- Immortal of Energy (2) – Ixion (Hierarch 36, Ancient), Fire Elemaster (Hierarch 33, Ancient), Zugzul (Hierarch 32, Ancient),
- Immortals of Entropy (3) – Thanatos (Hierarch 36, Ancient), Hel (Hierarch 35, Ancient), Ouranos (Hierarch 34, Ancient)
- Immortals of Matter (1) – Earth Elemaster (Hierarch 33, Ancient),
- Immortals of Thought (3) – Odin (Hierarch 36, Aesirs, Air, Ancient), Air Elemaster (Hierarch 33, Aerial Races, Air, Ancient), Korotiku (Hierarch 32, Aranea),
- Immortals of Time (4) – Khoronus (Hierarch 36, Ancient), Water Elemaster (Hierarch 33, Ancient), Urd (Hierarch 32, Ancient), Simurgh (Eternal 26, Aerial Races, Ancient),
- Keywords: Sphere of Energy (Ancient), Sphere of Entropy (Ancient), Sphere of Thought (Ancient), Sphere of Time (Ancient)
This religion is mostly concerned with: tba. This is based on the immortal pantheons patronage which also covers the rest as aspects of the belief structure. I have highlighted anything shared between at least tba of the immortal patrons.
Ancient Ones Pantheon Character Options
- Character Options – Ancient Ones Pantheon
Ancient Ones Pantheon Immortals
Due to the balance of the spheres besides matter, this dues suit as an organisation that is a Follower of the tba.
- Ancient Ones Pantheon Immortals
- Spheres of Power – Entropy (), Thought (), Matter (), Energy (), Time ()
- Domains –
- Patrons and Title Keywords (Important)
- Sphere of Energy (3, Ancient (3))
- Sphere of Entropy (2, Ancient (2))
- Sphere of Matter (2, Ancient (2))
- Sphere of Thought (2, Ancient (3))
- Sphere of Time (5, Ancient (5))
- Patrons and Title Keywords (related)
- Cleverness (1), Fun (1)
- Civilisation (3, Authority (1), Diplomacy (1), Government (1))
- Corruptors (6, Cheating (1), Cunning (1), Corruption (2), Decadence (1), Deceit (1))
- Elements (14, Air (2), Balance (1), Cold (1), Darkness (2), Destruction (2), Earth (1), Energy (1), Entropy (1), Fire (3))
- Fates (3, Chance (1), Destiny (1), Fate (1))
- Living (3, Death (2), Health (1))
- Racial (15, Aerial Races (2), Earth Races (1), Elemental Races (Genie (3)), Genasi (Air (2), Darkness (2), Earth (1), Fire (3)), Monstrous Races (Arenea (1)))
- Science (2, Flight (1), History (1))
- Virtues (1, Heroism (1))
- Warfare (2, Conquest (2))
Immortal Names – The immortals of the Pantheon are named after the the aspects the Immortal wants the pantheon to follow, or fit the existing themes of the other immortals of the pantheon.
- Ancient Ones Pantheon Immortals of Energy/Fire
- Ixion (H36) Domains – Fire, Knowledge, Light, War. Patron – Knowledge, Light, Power, the Sun, War. Patron – Elements (Balance, Energy, Fire), Racial (Genasi (Fire)), Virtues (Heroism)
- Fire Elemaster (H33) Domains – Fire. Patron – Elements (Fire), Racial (Elemental Races (Genie), Genasi (Fire)).
- Zugzul (H32) Domains – Arcana, Darkness, Fire, War. Patron – Necromancy, Power, War. Patron – Elements (Darkness, Destruction, Fire), Racial (Genasi (Darkness, Fire)), Warfare (Conquest)
- Ancient Ones Pantheon Immortals of Entropy/Darkness
- Hel (H36) Domains – Corruption, Darkness, Death, Grave. Patron – Reincarnation, Shadow. Patron – Corruptors (Corruption), Elements (Cold, Darkness), Living (Death), Racial (Genasi (Darkness)).
- Thanatos (H35) Domains – Apocalypse, Corruption, Death, Grave. Patron –
Animalistic Races. Corruptors (Corruption, Decadence), Elements (Destruction, Entropy), Living (Death)
- Ancient Ones Pantheon Immortals of Matter/Earth
- Ancient Ones Pantheon Immortals of Thought/Air
- Korotiku (H32) Domains – Clockwork, Knowledge, Labyrinth, Trickery. Patrons – Jokes, Liberty, Lupin, Mischief, Nonconformism, Pearl Islands, Spiders, Stealth, Tanagoro, Thought, Wisdom. Patrons – Cleverness, Fun, Corruptors (Cheating, Deceit), Racial (Monstrous Races (Arenea))
- Odin (H36) Domains – Air, Balance, Knowledge, Tempest, Trickery. Patron – Knowledge, Nobility, Northlands, Rulership, Sky, Storms, Winds, Wisdom. Patron – Civilisation (Authority), Corruptors (Cunning), Elements (Air), Racial (Genasi (Air))
- Ancient Ones Pantheon Immortals of Time/Water
- Khoronus (H36) Domains – Knowledge, Prophecy, Speed, Time. Patron – Patience, Persuasion, Philosophy, Time, Wisdom. Patron – Civilisation (Diplomacy, Government), Science (History)
- Protius (E29) Domains – Oceans, Time, Travel, Water. Patron – Marine Creatures, Ocean, Sailors, Sea, Travel, Unpredictability, Water.
- Tyche (E28) Domains – Balance, Knowledge, Prophecy. Patron – Luck. Patron – Fates (Chance, Destiny, Fate).
- Simurgh (E26) – Life, Prophecy, Repose, Time, Travel. Patron – Life-Cycle (Death), Travel, Travellers, Wisdom Patron – Living (Birth, Death, Health), Racial (Aerial Races), Science (Flight).
- Water Elemaster (H33) Domains – Oceans, Water. Patron – Water.
Ancient Ones Pantheon Divine Features
- Protected by the Gods (Immortal Culture): You can make death saving throws when reduced to zero hit points and can be brought back from the dead.
- Spell Affinity (Immortals): You have a cultural affinity and your spells have a Dice roll and DC modifier of +1 when used against that culture or in regions controlled by the culture.
- Base Anathema (Immortals): Destroying the sustainability of the culture.
Ancient Ones Pantheon Clerical Domains
Trying something different, not using statistics, just base number of gods supporting domains. There are tba gods in the Time Pantheon.
- Domains (1) –
Artefacts of the Ancient Ones Pantheon
Associated Artefacts (can be appropriated by pantheon)
Ancient Ones – Patron to Pantheon Links – This is to be the basis on who is in what Pantheon and why.
- Ancient (title group) linked to the Ancient Ones pantheon.
- 2021-09-06 – Building a Patron to Pantheon link in the design changes to be the catalyst for all immortals in this pantheon.
This site is constantly under revision, no blog posts are final as this is a work in progress place for me to develop my game settings and rules. Some posts might be placeholders for future content, so feel free to check back later for updated information.