Dungeons and Dragons – Mystara
Clerical Domains – Balance
Source: The Book of the Righteous (5e-grr-br-185)
There cannot be good without evil, law without chaos, light without dark. These forces act in the cosmos, striving for dominance, but always checked by their opposite. Their conflict creates stability in the universe—a stability that must be preserved so existence can continue. Gods of balance preserve the delicate equilibrium between cosmic forces to ensure all things work as they should. They tend to be impartial gods, moved to action only when the scales tip toward one side or the other. They then throw their weight behind the weaker force until balance is restored. Most gods of balance focus on one of good versus evil or law versus chaos.
- Secret Crafts:
- Spheres: Energy (1 – 16)
- Energy: Alphatia (16)
- Common Domain in Pantheons:
- Alphatian Empire (Lady of Peace – Alphatia)
Balance Domain Spells
- Cleric 1st Level – detect evil and good, sanctuary
- Cleric 3rd Level – calm emotions, warding bond
- Cleric 5th Level – dispel magic, tongues
- Cleric 7th Level – banishment, freedom of movement
- Cleric 9th Level – dispel evil and good, geas
- Cleric 1st Level
- Bonus Proficiencies – When you choose this domain at 1st level, you gain proficiency with heavy armor and Insight.
- Servant of Balance – Also starting at 1st level, you can use your action to touch a willing creature other than yourself and spend 1 Hit Die. Roll the die and the creature touched regains hit points equal to the number rolled.
- Cleric 2nd Level
- Channel Divinity – Divine Retribution – Beginning at 2nd level, you can use your Channel Divinity to restore balance on the battlefield. When a creature other than you hits you or a creature within your reach, you can use a reaction to make one weapon attack with advantage.
- Cleric 6th Level
- Channel Divinity – Even the Field – Starting at 6th level, when a creature within 30 feet of you becomes blinded, charmed, deafened, frightened, invisible, paralyzed, poisoned, restrained, or stunned, you can use your reaction and use your Channel Divinity to force one creature you can see within 30 feet of you to make a Wisdom saving throw. On a failed save, you bestow the same condition on that creature. The condition lasts until the triggering condition is removed.
- Cleric 8th Level
- Divine Strike – At 8th level, you gain the ability to infuse your weapon strikes with divine energy. Once on each of your turns when you hit a creature with a weapon attack, you can cause the attack to deal an extra 1d8 radiant damage to the target. When you reach 14th level, the extra damage increases to 2d8.
- Cleric 17th Level
- Paragon of Balance – Beginning at 17th level, you cannot be charmed or frightened. In addition, once per round, when you take damage, a creature you choose within 30 feet of you must succeed on a Wisdom saving throw against your spell save DC or take psychic damage equal to the amount of damage you took.
Work in Progress
Uncommon – Sphere of Though and Element of Air
Spheres: Thought/Air – (F) Energy/Fire, Time/Water, (E) Matter/Earth
– Alatian Pantheon (Aasla – F, Perun)
– Atruaghin Clans Pantheon (Turtlerider)
– Bellissarian Pantheon (Alphatia – F, Grammaton)
– Darokin Pantheon (Brage – F, Brian, Protector of Governors – W, Sata – F, Wayland – E)
– Davania Pantheon (Clebard, Defender of the Weak – F, Djaea – E, Oloron, Paarkum – E)
– Dwarf Pantheon (Dain)
– Elven Pantheon (Father Sky, Ilsundal – F, Mother Nature – E)
– Forest Pantheon (Shield of Worlds – E)
– Genasi Pantheon (Koryis, Lord of Sky and Wind, Master of Charity – F)
– Gentle Folk Pantheon (Lady of Harmony – F)
– Heldannic Pantheon (Fredar, Laksman – F, Volund – E, Viuden)
– Humanoid Pantheon (He Who Watches, Urtson – E)
– Ierendi Pantheon (Ahmanni, Dolphins’ Friend – E)
– Milenia Pantheon (Taroyas – W)
– Minrothad Pantheon (Malafor – E)
– Neathar Pantheon (Jumal)
– Nithian Pantheon (Amon)
– Northern Reaches Pantheon (Frey, Odin, The Gods’ Smith – E)
– Norwold Pantheon (Aasla – F, Odin’s Tactician)
– Ocean Pantheon (Ayodhya – F, The Dolphin-Friend – E)
– Ochalean Pantheon (Tiuz – F, Yao-Lan Zi – F)
– Old Ones Pantheon (Pax, Thalia – F)
– Olympian Pantheon (Zeus – W)
– Savage Coast Pantheon (Guy d’Aret – F, Jarilo, Saimpt Clebard, Taranos)
– Sind Pantheon (Infaust – E)
– Sky Pantheon (Guidarezzo – F, Tapio – F, Zephyr)
– Thyatian Pantheon (The Master of Mind and Matter – E, The Shaper – F, The Wise One – F)
– Traldar Pantheon (Wotan)
- 2021-02-22 – Linking in Alpahtia to the domain, adding into the name class clerics to help sort the results. Added in the details for the domain.
Bard: Entropy, Fey Magic, Glamour, Greenleaf, the Jester, Lore, Swords, Valour, Virtue, Whispers
Cleric: Air, Ambition, Apocalypse, Arcana, Balance, Beauty, Beer, Blood, Cats, Clockwork, Corruption, Creation, Darkness, Death, Dragon, Earth, Fire, Forge, Grave, Hunger, Hunt, Hunting, Justice, Knowledge, Labyrinth, Life, Light, Lust, Madness, Moon, Mountain, Nature, Oceans, Order, Prophecy, Repose, Solidarity, Speed, Strength, Tempest, Time, Travel, Trickery, Tyranny, Void, War, Water, Zeal
Fighter: Arcane Archer, Banneret, Battle Master, Cavalier, Champion, Clacking Mercenary, Edjet, Eldritch Knight, Ghost Knight, Griffon Knight, Hospitaller, Knight Surgeon, Samurai, Shield Bearer, Sword Dancer, Weapons Master, Woodlands Cavalier
Ranger: Beast Master, Explorer, Fey Hunter, Gloom Stalker, Hidden Guardian, Horizon Walker, Hunter, Monster Slayer, Unicorn Charger, Vampire Slayer, Zobecker Scout
Rogue: Arcane Trickster, Assassin, Duelist, Fixer, Inquisitive, Mastermind, Scout, Swashbuckler, Thief, Whisper
Sorcerer: Bloodlines (Draconic, Dryad, Lycanthrope, Mazeborn, Nerid, Norn, Nymph, Satyr, Serophage, Shadow), Divine Inspiration, Divine Soul, Elemental Essence, Pyromancer, Runechild, Shadow Magic, Storm Sorcery, Wild Magic
Wizard: Angelic Scribe, Bladesinger, Doom Croaker, Dragon Masks, Elementalist, Geomancy, Necrophagy, Ring Warden, Schools (Abjuration, Artifice, Blood Magic, Clockwork, Conjuration, Divination, Elven High Magic, Enchantment, Entropy, Evocation, Illumination, Illusion, Necromancy, Transmutation, Void Magic), Timekeeper, War Mage
D&D Menu – Adventures, Artefacts, Backgrounds, Classes, Dominions, Downtime, Feats, Gazetteers, Gods, Magical Items, Organisations, Pantheons, Races, Ranks & Titles, Rune Magic, Secret Crafts, Settlements, Spells, Timeline, Weapons Mastery
Class Builds – Artificer – Artillerist (Tinkerkin), Barbarian – Totem Warrior (Ethegnarian), Totem Warrior (Heldannic), Bard – College of Valour (Sunfey), Druid – Circle of Dreams (Woodfey), Circle of the Tree of Life (Seasonfey), Fighter – Battlemaster (Seashire), Eldritch Knight (Kerendan), Weapons Master (Makai), Weapons Master (Stonebound), Monk – Way of the Elements (Waterchild), Paladin – Oath of Radiance (Sunfey), Oath of Vengeance (Firechild), Sorcerer – Wild Magic (Shadowfey), Warlock – Celestial (Sunfey), Wizard – Bladesinger (Seasonfey), Dragon – White. Multiclass – Cleric/Wizard (Ethengarian), Rogue/Cleric (Atruaghin), Rogue/Sorcerer (Seashire), Wizard/Rogue (Traladaran)
Floorplans – Thyatian
Session Recordings – Campaign Journals
This site is constantly under revision, no blog posts are final as this is a work in progress place for me to develop my game settings and rules. Some posts might be placeholders for future content, so feel free to check back later for updated information.
Follow My Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox. For managing your subscriptions see Subscription Information.