Dungeons and Dragons – Mystara Immortals
Atruaghin – Sphere of Matter
Player Section – Atruaghin
Father of the Clans
- Patron – Truth, Wisdom.
- Patron and Title Keywords – Civilisation (Diplomacy), Element (Balance), Nationality (Atruaghin Clans (Children of Atruaghin), Hollow World (Azcan)), Title (Sphere of Matter (Hierarch)), Virtues (Good)
- Atruaghin pantheon only – Nationality (Atruaghin Clans (Children of Atruaghin))
- Azcan pantheon only – Nationality (Hollow World (Azcan))
- Hollow World pantheon only – Nationality (Hollow World (Azcan))
- Hierarchs pantheon only – Sphere of Matter (Hierarch)
- Matter pantheon only – Sphere of Matter (Hierarch)
- Atruaghin (Atruaghin – Father of the Clans) Due to Patron of Children of Atruaghin.
- Dragonkin (Father of the Clans) Due to Patron of Good
- Giantkin (Father of the Clans) Due to Patron of Virtue group (Good)
- Land Guilds (Father of the Clans) Due to Patron of Diplomacy.
- Thyatian Empire (Father of the Clans) Due to Patron of Civilisation group (Diplomacy)
- Forest (Atruaghin) Due to Patron of Balance.
- Hierarchs (Atruaghin) Due to Rank of Hierarch.
- Matter (Atruaghin) Due to Member of Sphere of Matter.
- Spheres (Atruaghin) Due to Patron of Elements group (Balance)
- Assembly (Atruaghin) Due to being an Immortal of Mystara.
- Azcan (Quetzalcoatl – Saviour of the Azcans) Due to Patron of Azcan.
- Hollow World (Atruaghin) Due to Patron of Hollow World (Azcan).
- A middle-aged copper-skinned human with wise dark eyes and a hawk’s nose, wearing a warbonnet adorned with colourful plumes on his head.
- His second manifestation form is that of a 7′ tall well-muscled warrior surrounded by flames.
Atruaghin’s Campaign Information
- AC 1000
- Vision quest to cleanse the Palace of Atruaghin of a growing evil.
Game Master Section – Atruaghin
Atruaghin – Hierarch of Matter (32)
- Sourcebooks: Mystara Players Handbook (mph90), Wrath of the Immortals Book One – Codex of the Immortals (wi-b1-16), The Atruaghin Clans (gaz14-11), Vault of Pandius (vop)
- Alignment: Lawful
- Portfolio: Atruaghin Clans, “New Way” Azcan, diplomacy, wisdom, balance, truth, fighting Evil
- Other Names: Atruatzin, Quetzalcoatl, Father of the Atruaghin Clans, Saviour of the Azcan
- Sponsor: Ka
- Artefact: Tomahawk of Atruaghin
Allies of Atruaghin
Assists (can also be assisted by)
- Ahmanni (14) Celestial of Thought
- Hattani (15) Celestial of Matter
- Ixion (36) Hierarch of Energy.
- Ka (35) Hierarch of Matter
- Mahmatti (13) Celestial of Energy.
- Tahkati (17) Celestial of Energy
Enemies of Atruaghin
Opposes (can also be opposed by)
- Atzanteotl (31) Hierarch of Entropy.
Sponsorship Hierarchy – Matter
- Sponsorship of the Matter Sphere
- Earth Elemaster (33) Hierarch of Matter
- Ouranos (35) Hierarch of Matter Moved to Entropy (34)
- Terra (36) Hierarch of Matter
- Buglore (9) Temporal of Matter
- Djaea (34) Hierarch of Matter
- Infaust (16) Celestial of Matter
- Faunus (11) Temporal of Matter
- Chiron (6) Initiate of Matter
- Forsetta (7) Temporal of Matter
- Ka (35) Hierarch of Matter
- Bastet (16) Celestial of Matter moved to Time (22).
- Gorrziok (22) Empyreal of Matter moved to Time (25)
- Crakkak (10) Temporal of Matter moved to Time (10)
- Kagyar (28) Eternal of Matter
- Lokena (2) Initiate of Matter
- Lornasen (10) Temporal of Matter moved from Energy (7)
- Ninfangle (27) Eternal of Matter (27) Moved to Thought (26)
- Wogar (5) Initiate of Matter
- Tahkati (17) Celestial of Matter moved from Energy (17)
- Utnapishtim (23) Empyreal of Matter
- Land (27) Eternal of Matter
- Maat (30) Eternal of Matter
- Macroblan (13) Celestial of Matter moved to Entropy (27)
- Malafor (18) Celestial of Matter moved to Time (15)
- The Great One (26) Eternal of Matter
- Urtson (12) Temporal of Matter moved to Thought (7)
- Terra (36) Hierarch of Matter
- Valerias (31) Hierarch of Matter
History: Prince Atruatzin was born in the Empire of Azca in the Hollow World. After his father’s death, he ascended to the throne and ruled with wisdom and magnanimity. However, during his reign Atzanteotl, who had just attained immortality, started to send omens to the Azcans, and began to erode the power of the priests of Kalaktatla and Otzitiotl, urging a revolt against the nobles and the Tlatoani (Emperor). Eventually Atzanteotl’s followers managed to stage a coup and they usurped Atruatzin’s power, who was forced to flee from the royal palace. Hunted down by Atzanteotl’s priests, he escaped with his followers and sought sanctuary in the depths of the earth, where they found the fabled city of the dead: Mictlan (in fact the old elven city of Aengmor, which Atzanteotl had built on the surface and later disappeared in the earthquakes caused by the Glantrian Catastrophe). But Atzanteotl sent here his followers, underground elves (Schattenalfen) that massacred Atruatzin’s people in order to take control the city. Atruatzin again managed to flee and was helped by Xochiquetzal, Queen of the Fairies, who held him with her for some time, bestowing him with renewed youth. But Atruatzin knew his destiny was calling him and he resumed his travels, emerging in the outer world, in the region west of current Darokin. Here he unified the descendants of Oltecs and Azcans and renamed them the Children of Atruaghin (using the name he was given by these people). Once the tribes were pacified and safe, Atruatzin disappeared again and he came back to Azca, where he founded a secret sect that followed a new philosophy called the New Way. He started preaching the return of Quetzalcoatl, a mythic king and saviour that would have restored order and justice in Azca foretelling the coming of a new age of prosperity under the patronage of the old gods. Kalaktatla (Ka) guided his priest’s steps in the right path towards immortality, and after building the Mystic Conveyor to link Azca in the Hollow World with the outer world , Atruaghin emerged once again among his Children, only to discover they had been enslaved by Wogar’s humanoids. He raised the tribes once again and led them to vanquish their common foes helped by the loyal Hattani. Finally, in order to protect his Children from the humanoids, he used his powerful magics to raise a great plateau. This last epic deed marked his ascension among the immortals in BC 795, and from that moment he returns every year among his Children in spirit form.
Personality: Despite all battles and wars he fought, Atruaghin has always been characterised by his meekness, mercy and patience. In fact, after decades spent wandering around the world, he came to understand that true strength comes from knowledge and determination. He prefers dialogue as a way to solve any matter, even if he understands that sometimes brute force is the only thing that some people listen to, when words are not sufficient. He refuses to use deceit or lies to reach his goals, and has always been a glaring example of respect for laws and justice, and that is the reason he gathered so many followers and allies all around the world.
Info on Atruaghin to be discovered by Groups
- Oltec (Atruatzin)
Classic D&D (BECMI) Stats
- Followers Alignment: Neutral or Lawful (approximately 90% of the clerics are Lawful)
- Favourite weapon: tomahawk (bludgeoning weapons and short bow are also allowed)
- Clerics skills and powers: Atruaghin of clerics cannot wear armours more cumbersome than leather armour, neither use metal weapons. They also cannot turn undead. On the other hand, they can never be tricked (they understand instinctively when someone is lying), and can determine if a plant or animal is edible, venomous or sick just after one round of examination (this ability works only with natural poisons or diseases; the cleric has only the 50% of chance of identifying magical diseases or toxins present in plants or animals). Finally, no common animal (or its giant version) will ever attack a cleric of Atruaghin, unless he attacks first.
D&D 3.5 Stats
- Domains: Matter, Law, Good, Knowledge, Persuasion
- Preferred weapon: tomahawk
Changed Fighting Evil to be part of Good.
Atruaghin – Patron to Pantheon Links – This is to be the basis on who is in what Pantheon and why.
- Azcan (patron) added to the Azcan pantheon.
- Azcan (patron) added to the Hollow World patron group.
- Balance (patron) linked to the Forest pantheon. (Atruaghin, Djaea, Ixion, Vethandi)
- Balance (patron) added to the Elements patron group.
- Children of Atruaghin (patron) added to the Atruaghin pantheon.
- Diplomacy (patron) added to the Land Guilds pantheon.
- Good (patron) added to the Dragonkin pantheon.
- Good (patron) added to the Virtues patron group.
- Elements (patron group) linked to the Spheres pantheon.
- Hollow World (patron group) added to the Hollow World pantheon
- Virtues (patron group) added to the Giantkin pantheon.
- Hierarch (rank) added to the Hierarchs pantheon.
- Sphere of Matter (rank group) added to Matter pantheon.
- 2021-09-09 – Added in design changes and Patron to Pantheon links to show where this Immortal features in the Pantheon.
- 2021-08-15 – Update to allies and enemies. Later overall update including menu and tags.
- 2021-08-05 – Updating allies and enemies.
- 2020-06-24 – Added Allies, Enemies, History, Personality and Other system stats.
The Gods: The Immortals Overview,
Energy/Fire (31): Alphatia (16), Bartziluth (24), Bemarris (3), Benekander (1), Branden 11), Coberham (18), Fire Elemaster (33), Guidarezzo (15), Heimdall (30), Iliric (8), Ilsundal (34), Ixion (36), Madarua (26), Mazikeen (27), Mahmatti (14), Matin (19), Mealiden (23), Minroth (13), Ninsun (35), Patura (10), Pflarr (25), Rad (22), Rafiel (21), Raith (12), Rathanos (28), Razud (31), Saturnius (20), The Shaper (7), The Shining One (29), Zirchev (17), Zugzul (32)
Entropy/Darkness (35): Alphaks (20), Aracne Prime (6), Arik (18), Atzanteotl (31), Bachraeus (19), Bagni (24), Brissard (10), Danel (14), Demogorgon (29), Harrow (11), Hel (36), Hircismus (12), Idris (15), Jammudaru (5), Kallala (22), Kiranjo (7), Kythria (2), Loki (30), Loup (9), Macroblan (27), Marwdyn (4), Masauwu (28), Nyx (33), Orcus (26), Ouranos (34), Pharamond (32), Qywattz (21), Ranivorus (16), Ruaidhri (3), Saasskas (23), Slizzark (17), Stodos (6), Talitha (25), Thanatos (35), Yagrai (13)
Matter/Earth (34): Atruaghin (32), Buglore (9), Chiron (6), Diamond (21), Djaea (34), Earth Elemaster (33), Faunus (11), Forsetta (7), Garl (13), Ground (19), Hattani (15), Ilmarinen (20), Infaust (16), Ka (35), Kagyar (28), Land (27), Lokena (2), Lornasen (10), Maat (30), N’grath (29), Opal (18), Paarkum (8), Polunius (25), Pearl (12), Tahkati (17), Terra (36), The Eternal General (14), The Great One (26), The Korrigans (24), The Twelve Watches (4), Utnapishtim (23), Valerias (31), Wayland (24), Wogar (5)
Thought/Air (36): Air Elemaster (32), Arnelee (8), Asterius (28), Clebard (2), Cochere (12), Cretia (16), Diulanna (18), Eiryndul (20), Frey (13), Freyja (13), Gorm (22), Halav (17), Karaash (5), Kersy (21), Korotiku (32), Koryis (10), Malinois (15), Ninfangle (27), Nob Nar (5), Noumena (34), Odin (36), Orisis (19), Palartarkan (11), Palson (4), Pax (35), Ralon (9), Sinbad (25), Soubrette (24), Ssu-Ma (23), Tarastia (30), Taroyas (6), Thalia (31), Thor (29), Turmis (1), Urtson (7), Usamigaras (27)
Time/Water (33): Al-Kalim (3), Ahmanni (14), Bastet (22), Brindorhin (14), Calitha (18), Carnelian (11), Chardastes (24), Crakkak (10), Finidel (7), Fugit (30), Gorrziok (25), Hymir (13), Khoronus (36), Liena (1), Luca (12), Malafor (15), Oleyan (6), Ordana (31), Petra (17), Protius (29), Raven (21), Sharpcrest (19), Simurgh (19), Skuld (34), Tiresias (9), Tourlain (8), Tyche (28), Urd (32), Vanya (23), Vethandi (35), Water Elemaster (33), Yav (20), Zalaj (27)
This site is constantly under revision, no blog posts are final as this is a work in progress place for me to develop my game settings and rules. Some posts might be placeholders for future content, so feel free to check back later for updated information.