Dungeons and Dragons – Mystara Immortals
Ilsundal – Sphere of Energy
Player Section – Ilsundal
The Wise One
Dain, Ilsundal, Sata
- Warlocks: Pact of the Archfey, Pact of the Celestial
- Patron – Magic, Nature, Peace, Scholarship, Serenity, Traditions, Wisdom.
- Patron and Title keywords – Racial (Elven)
- Hierarchs pantheon only – Sphere of Energy (Hierarch)
- Energy pantheon only – Sphere of Energy (Hierarch)
- Dwarven & Gnome (Dain) – Tradition
- Elven (Ilsundal) – Due to Patron of Elven. Associated with the The Tree of Life artefact.
- Assembly (Ilsundal) Due to being an Immortal of Mystara.
Appearance: an elderly elf with a wise gaze, whose hair colour and garments change according to fashion of the elves he appears to (he represents them all after all).
Ilsundal’s Campaign Information
Game Master Section – Ilsundal
Ilsundal – Hierarch of Energy (34)
- Sourcebooks: Mystara Player’s Handbook (5e-web-mph p96), Wrath of the Immortals Book One – Codex of the Immortals (0e-wi-bs1 p22), Hollow World – Dungeon Masters Sourcebook (0e-hw-dms p104), Vaults of Pandius (web-vop)
- Alignment: Lawful
- Portfolio: Protection of Elves and Nature, wisdom, scholarship, magic, traditions, serenity and peace.
- Other Names: The Wise One, Ayodhya, Dain, Tiuz, The Guide, Laksman, Sata, Tapio
- Sponsor: Ixion
- Artefacts: The Tree of Life
Allies of Ilsundal
Assists: (can also be assisted by)
- Calitha (18) Celestial of Time for her love of elves.
- Mealiden (23) Empyreal of Energy as his trusted friend.
- Ordana (31) Hierarch of Time for her love of nature.
Enemies of Ilsundal
Opposes (can also be opposed by)
- Atzanteotl (31) Hierarch of entropy in his role against the elves.
- Idris (15) Celestial of Entropy in his role against the elves.
Sponsorship Hierarchy – Energy
- Sponsorship of the Energy Sphere
- Ixion (36) Hierarch of Energy
- Coberham (18) Celestial of Energy
- Gorm (19) Empyreal of Energy moved to Thought (22)
- Heimdall (30) Eternal of Energy
- Ilsundal (34) Hierarch of Energy.
- Mahmatti (14) Celestial of Energy
- Ninsun (35) Hierarch of Energy
- Palartarkan (12) Temporal of Energy moved to Thought (11)
- Patura (10) Temporal of Energy
- Rathanos (28) Eternal of Energy
- Razud (31) Hierarch of Energy.
- Saturnius (20) Empyreal of Energy
- Tahkati (17) Celestial of Energy moved to Matter (17)
- Tarastia (30) Eternal of Energy moved to Thought (30)
- Raith (12) Temporal of Energy
- The Korrigans (24) Empyreal of Energy moved to Matter (22)
- Thor (29) Eternal of Energy. moved to Thought (29)
- Thalia (36) Hierarch of Energy moved to Thought (31)
- Usamigaras (27) Eternal of Energy moved to Thought (27)
- Zugzul (32) Hierarch of Energy.
- Slizzark (15) Celestial of Energy moved to Entropy (17)
- Ixion (36) Hierarch of Energy
- Confirmed not to have a sponsor
History: Ilsundal was one of the last elves born in Evergrun before the Great Rain of Fire obliterated it. After the cataclysm he moved to Grunland (present day Vulcania) with the majority of the surviving elves, but soon the Blackmoorian folly resurfaced in Grunland too. Speaking as champion of the old elven philosophy focused on nature worshipping, Ilsundal rejected the Blackmoor technology in favour of a return to magic and soon gathered the support of a broad faction of elves calling themselves the Returnists. Foreseeing the doom awaiting those who refused to abandon Blackmoor’s ways, Ilsundal convinced his followers to leave Grunland before it was too late and led a great migration northward, looking for the promised land where they could begin anew and forge a new covenant with the forces of nature. The Returnists left Grunland in BC 2800 and they travelled far across two continents (Davania and Brun), finally reaching the promised land in a corner of north-western Brun and settling in the Sylvan Realm in BC 2100.
Acclaimed the enlightened leader of the whole nation, Ilsundal discovered the secrets to immortality in his old age and embarked on the Path of the Paragon. Only after creating the Tree of Life (a sacred artefact that he left to his people as inheritance to guide them and unite them forever) and being acknowledged the most powerful wizard of his realm did Ilsundal achieve immortality in BC 1800, the oldest living elf ever. From that moment he became the worldwide patron of elves, wisdom and elven magic, and manifested himself to many different elven civilisations, always preaching a return to the old peaceful ways of nature.
Personality: Ilsundal is a patient and thoughtful immortal blessed with great sensitivity and wisdom. All the centuries spent as elf first and immortal afterwards only increased his quiet character and his slow and studied habits, and now he shows the most seraphic calm even in the middle of the most furious of battles. He always watches over his followers and oversees that the elves still hold to the ancient sylvan ways and don’t abuse of the knowledge and the arcane arts they master.
Ilsundal’s most trusted friend and ally is Mealiden, the first king of Alfheim who always guards his patron, and he is also a good ally of Calitha and Ordana, who share his love for nature and the elven race. He loathes Atzanteotl and Idris, two immortals bent on destroying and corrupting the elven race and must always watch his back to uncover the evil schemes of these Entropic immortals.
Info on Ilsundal to be discovered by Groups
- Forest (The Guide)
- Heldannic (Laksman)
- Ocean (Ayodhya)
- Ochalean (Tiuz)
- Sky (Tapio)
- Council of Mystara: Ilsundal
- Ring of Fire: Ilsundal
Design Details – Ilsundal
Classic D&D (BECMI) Stats – Ilsundal
- Followers alignment: any; Clerics must be Lawful
- Favourite weapons: none (allowed all bludgeoning weapons)
- Clerics skills & powers: +1 bonus to Wisdom, bonus skill “Danger Sense” and “Survival (woods)”, +2 bonus to “Nature knowledge” and “Elven Myths & Legends” skills.
- Some clerics of Ilsundal (only elves) belong to the caste of the Treekeepers.
- Paladins skills & powers: +1 bonus to Wisdom, +2 bonus to “Survival (woods)” and “Alertness” skills
- Spells: ceremony (1), halt red curse (3), plant door (4, see druid spell, substitutes “animate dead”), control winds (5, see druid spell, substitutes “programmed healing”), pass plants (5, see druid spell, substitutes “magic resistance”), transport through plants (6, see druid spell, substitutes “animate objects”), metal to wood (7, see druid spell, substitutes “earthquake”), creeping doom (7, see druid spell, substitutes “divine wrath”).
D&D 3.5 Stats – Ilsundal
- Domains: Energy, Law, Good, Knowledge, Plant, Magic
- Preferred weapon: staff
Promoted Ilsundal from rank 33 to rank 34 as part of the Balance of the Spheres.
Ilsundal – Patron to Pantheon Links – This is to be the basis on who is in what Pantheon and why.
- Elven (patron) added to the Elven pantheon.
- Hierarch (rank) added to the Hierarchs pantheon.
- Sphere of Energy (rank group) added to Energy pantheon.
- 2021-09-19 – Added in design changes and Patron to Pantheon links to show where this Immortal features in the Pantheon. Ilsundal promoted to rank 34.
- 2021-08-20 – Added Chiron to allies.
- 2021-08-18 – Updates to allies and enemies.
- 2021-08-10 – Fixed the tags and links.
- 2021-08-05 – Updating the layout and links, allies and enemies.
- 2020-06-23 – Added Allies, Enemies, History, Personality and Other system stats.
Energy/Fire (31): Alphatia (16), Bartziluth (24), Bemarris (3), Benekander (1), Branden 11), Coberham (18), Fire Elemaster (33), Guidarezzo (15), Heimdall (30), Iliric (8), Ilsundal (34), Ixion (36), Madarua (26), Mazikeen (27), Mahmatti (14), Matin (19), Mealiden (23), Minroth (13), Ninsun (35), Patura (10), Pflarr (25), Rad (22), Rafiel (21), Raith (12), Rathanos (28), Razud (31), Saturnius (20), The Shaper (7), The Shining One (29), Zirchev (17), Zugzul (32)
Entropy/Darkness (35): Alphaks (20), Aracne Prime (6), Arik (18), Atzanteotl (31), Bachraeus (19), Bagni (24), Brissard (10), Danel (14), Demogorgon (29), Harrow (11), Hel (36), Hircismus (12), Idris (15), Jammudaru (5), Kallala (22), Kiranjo (7), Kythria (2), Loki (30), Loup (9), Macroblan (27), Marwdyn (4), Masauwu (28), Nyx (33), Orcus (26), Ouranos (34), Pharamond (32), Qywattz (21), Ranivorus (16), Ruaidhri (3), Saasskas (23), Slizzark (17), Stodos (6), Talitha (25), Thanatos (35), Yagrai (13)
Matter/Earth (34): Atruaghin (32), Buglore (9), Chiron (6), Diamond (21), Djaea (34), Earth Elemaster (33), Faunus (11), Forsetta (7), Garl (13), Ground (19), Hattani (15), Ilmarinen (20), Infaust (16), Ka (35), Kagyar (28), Land (27), Lokena (2), Lornasen (10), Maat (30), N’grath (29), Opal (18), Paarkum (8), Polunius (25), Pearl (12), Tahkati (17), Terra (36), The Eternal General (14), The Great One (26), The Korrigans (24), The Twelve Watches (4), Utnapishtim (23), Valerias (31), Wayland (24), Wogar (5)
Thought/Air (36): Air Elemaster (32), Arnelee (8), Asterius (28), Clebard (2), Cochere (12), Cretia (16), Diulanna (18), Eiryndul (20), Frey (13), Freyja (13), Gorm (22), Halav (17), Karaash (5), Kersy (21), Korotiku (32), Koryis (10), Malinois (15), Ninfangle (27), Nob Nar (5), Noumena (34), Odin (36), Orisis (19), Palartarkan (11), Palson (4), Pax (35), Ralon (9), Sinbad (25), Soubrette (24), Ssu-Ma (23), Tarastia (30), Taroyas (6), Thalia (31), Thor (29), Turmis (1), Urtson (7), Usamigaras (27)
Time/Water (33): Al-Kalim (3), Ahmanni (14), Bastet (22), Brindorhin (14), Calitha (18), Carnelian (11), Chardastes (24), Crakkak (10), Finidel (7), Fugit (30), Gorrziok (25), Hymir (13), Khoronus (36), Liena (1), Luca (12), Malafor (15), Oleyan (6), Ordana (31), Petra (17), Protius (29), Raven (21), Sharpcrest (19), Simurgh (19), Skuld (34), Tiresias (9), Tourlain (8), Tyche (28), Urd (32), Vanya (23), Vethandi (35), Water Elemaster (33), Yav (20), Zalaj (27)
This site is constantly under revision, no blog posts are final as this is a work in progress place for me to develop my game settings and rules. Some posts might be placeholders for future content, so feel free to check back later for updated information.