Dungeons and Dragons – Mystara Immortals
Paarkum – Sphere of Matter
- Patron – Justice, Law, Order, Sincerity, Virtue
- Patron and Title Keywords – Title (Sphere of Matter (Temporal)), Virtues (Faithfulness)
- Temporals pantheon only – Sphere of Matter (Temporal)
- Thought pantheon only – Sphere of Matter (Temporal)
- Giantlkin (The Lawyer) Due to Patron of Virtues group (Faithfulness)
- Thyatian Empire (The Lawyer) Due to Patron of Faithfulness.
- Assembly (Paarkum) Due to being an Immortal of Mystara.
Appearance: a human of about sixty years, of imposing build and stature (1.95m by 110kg) but with rippling and toned muscles, jet black hair and black eyes and a tanned complexion, with his skin marked by the sun and the wind, who wears plate armour with his symbol painted on the chest and carries on his shoulder a broadsword.
Game Master Section
Paarkum – Temporal of Matter (8)
- Sourcebooks: Vaults of Pandius (vop)
- Alignment: Lawful
- Portfolio: order, justice, virtue, fidelity, loyalty, sincerity
- Other Names:
- Sponsor: Maat
- Artefacts: Broadsword of Paarkum
Sponsorship Hierarchy – Matter
- Sponsorship of the Matter Sphere
- Earth Elemaster (33) Hierarch of Matter
- Ouranos (35) Hierarch of Matter Moved to Entropy (34)
- Terra (36) Hierarch of Matter
- Buglore (9) Temporal of Matter
- Djaea (34) Hierarch of Matter
- Infaust (16) Celestial of Matter
- Faunus (11) Temporal of Matter
- Chiron (6) Initiate of Matter
- Forsetta (7) Temporal of Matter
- Ka (35) Hierarch of Matter
- Bastet (16) Celestial of Matter moved to Time (22).
- Gorrziok (22) Empyreal of Matter moved to Time (25)
- Crakkak (10) Temporal of Matter moved to Time (10)
- Kagyar (28) Eternal of Matter
- Lokena (2) Initiate of Matter
- Lornasen (10) Temporal of Matter moved from Energy (7)
- Ninfangle (27) Eternal of Matter (27) Moved to Thought (26)
- Wogar (5) Initiate of Matter
- Tahkati (17) Celestial of Matter moved from Energy (17)
- Utnapishtim (23) Empyreal of Matter
- Land (27) Eternal of Matter
- Maat (30) Eternal of Matter
- Macroblan (13) Celestial of Matter moved to Entropy (27)
- Malafor (18) Celestial of Matter moved to Time (15)
- The Great One (26) Eternal of Matter
- Urtson (12) Temporal of Matter moved to Thought (7)
- Terra (36) Hierarch of Matter
- Valerias (31) Hierarch of Matter
History: After years spent fighting for his homeland, at the end of a long and victorious campaign against the Milenian enemies and the Simbasta of the Aryptian Basin, Paarkum, a noble paladin of Varellyan origin, sought the path for Immortality with the only aim of continuing to work to bring order to the world, feeling he must of serve Law for eternity. His sincerity and dedication affected his patron Maat so much, that she helped him in good degree in his journey, impressing on him the recovery of the Ivory Feather that was holy to her. The first incarnation of Paarkum as a priest brought him to serve a lawful church with renewed vigour, and after only two years succeeded to recover the artefact. The second incarnation as a thief instead gave him many more problems, because of the new style of life and of the tasks to which he wasn’t able to get used to. After four arduous years his research was completed, and one of his companions had been revived, a responsibility that Paarkum has alleged enhanced his reputation. In the incarnation as a mage Paarkum was amazed to discover the incredible powers and the knowledge to which the spellcasters have access. This time finding the Feather was a more difficult task than expected, since it was well guarded, but he finally succeeded in his intent. Returning to his homeland, he erected an obelisk in which were inscribed his deeds, from the engagements with evil beings to a list of lawful actions that have completed for bringing order where chaos reigns. Making this, he left to only adventure in the wild lands of the south of Davania, and at the end of an epic adventure in which he defeated an evil wizard on the path of Entropy, freeing the slaves and saving many innocents, he finally gaining Immortality in the Sphere of Matter in the I century AC.
Personality: Paarkum is the quintessence of legality and order, a person incapable of conceiving the existence that is not regulated by laws and codes of moral conduct. He doesn’t tolerate injustice, and he feels he must immediately revenge the wrongs suffered by the defenceless, preaching to his followers to respect justice and take order everywhere and at any cost. He is a fervent ally of Maat and has also become a friend of the Plasmatore, who was converted to good himself after having met Paarkum during his mortal existence, and of Finidel, who has welcomed him among the protectors of the region of Brasol.
Info on Paarkum to be discovered by Groups
- Davania (Paarkum)
Classic D&D (BECMI) Stats
- Followers Alignment: Lawful or Neutral; clerics must be Lawful
- Favoured weapon: broadsword (allowed all thrown weapons, the mace and morningstar)
- Clerics skills and powers: +1 bonus to Wisdom, +2 bonus to knowledge of codes and laws (not free), obliged to respect the Codex of Maat. Clerics of Paarkum cannot cast inverted spells.
- Paladins skills and powers: lay on hands, free detect lies ability.
D&D 3.5 Stats
- Domains: Matter, Law, Good, Justice
- Preferred weapon: broadsword
Changed Fidelity and Loyalty to Faithfulness.
Paarkum – Patron to Pantheon Links – This is to be the basis on who is in what Pantheon and why.
- Faithfulness (patron) added to the Thyatian Empire pantheon.
- Faithfulness (patron) added to the Virtues patron group.
- Virtues (patron group) added to the Giantkin pantheon.
- Temporal (rank) added to the Temporals pantheon.
- Sphere of Matter (rank group) added to Matter pantheon.
- 2021-09-26 – Added in design changes and Patron to Pantheon links to show where this Immortal features in the Pantheon.
- 2021-09-04 – Added in name of The Lawyer and moved into Thyatian Pantheon.
The Gods: The Immortals Overview,
Energy/Fire (31): Alphatia (16), Bartziluth (24), Bemarris (3), Benekander (1), Branden 11), Coberham (18), Fire Elemaster (33), Guidarezzo (15), Heimdall (30), Iliric (8), Ilsundal (34), Ixion (36), Madarua (26), Mazikeen (27), Mahmatti (14), Matin (19), Mealiden (23), Minroth (13), Ninsun (35), Patura (10), Pflarr (25), Rad (22), Rafiel (21), Raith (12), Rathanos (28), Razud (31), Saturnius (20), The Shaper (7), The Shining One (29), Zirchev (17), Zugzul (32)
Entropy/Darkness (35): Alphaks (20), Aracne Prime (6), Arik (18), Atzanteotl (31), Bachraeus (19), Bagni (24), Brissard (10), Danel (14), Demogorgon (29), Harrow (11), Hel (36), Hircismus (12), Idris (15), Jammudaru (5), Kallala (22), Kiranjo (7), Kythria (2), Loki (30), Loup (9), Macroblan (27), Marwdyn (4), Masauwu (28), Nyx (33), Orcus (26), Ouranos (34), Pharamond (32), Qywattz (21), Ranivorus (16), Ruaidhri (3), Saasskas (23), Slizzark (17), Stodos (6), Talitha (25), Thanatos (35), Yagrai (13)
Matter/Earth (34): Atruaghin (32), Buglore (9), Chiron (6), Diamond (21), Djaea (34), Earth Elemaster (33), Faunus (11), Forsetta (7), Garl (13), Ground (19), Hattani (15), Ilmarinen (20), Infaust (16), Ka (35), Kagyar (28), Land (27), Lokena (2), Lornasen (10), Maat (30), N’grath (29), Opal (18), Paarkum (8), Polunius (25), Pearl (12), Tahkati (17), Terra (36), The Eternal General (14), The Great One (26), The Korrigans (24), The Twelve Watches (4), Utnapishtim (23), Valerias (31), Wayland (24), Wogar (5)
Thought/Air (36): Air Elemaster (32), Arnelee (8), Asterius (28), Clebard (2), Cochere (12), Cretia (16), Diulanna (18), Eiryndul (20), Frey (13), Freyja (13), Gorm (22), Halav (17), Karaash (5), Kersy (21), Korotiku (32), Koryis (10), Malinois (15), Ninfangle (27), Nob Nar (5), Noumena (34), Odin (36), Orisis (19), Palartarkan (11), Palson (4), Pax (35), Ralon (9), Sinbad (25), Soubrette (24), Ssu-Ma (23), Tarastia (30), Taroyas (6), Thalia (31), Thor (29), Turmis (1), Urtson (7), Usamigaras (27)
Time/Water (33): Al-Kalim (3), Ahmanni (14), Bastet (22), Brindorhin (14), Calitha (18), Carnelian (11), Chardastes (24), Crakkak (10), Finidel (7), Fugit (30), Gorrziok (25), Hymir (13), Khoronus (36), Liena (1), Luca (12), Malafor (15), Oleyan (6), Ordana (31), Petra (17), Protius (29), Raven (21), Sharpcrest (19), Simurgh (19), Skuld (34), Tiresias (9), Tourlain (8), Tyche (28), Urd (32), Vanya (23), Vethandi (35), Water Elemaster (33), Yav (20), Zalaj (27)
This site is constantly under revision, no blog posts are final as this is a work in progress place for me to develop my game settings and rules. Some posts might be placeholders for future content, so feel free to check back later for updated information.
Follow My Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox. For managing your subscriptions see Subscription Information.