Dungeons and Dragons – Mystara Immortals
Lokena – Sphere of Matter
Athena, The Tactician
- Patron – Intelligence, Magic, Tactics, War. Patron – Cleverness.
- Initiates pantheon only – Sphere of Matter (Initiate)
- Matter pantheon only – Sphere of Matter (Initiate)
- Olympian (Athena)
Appearance: a thirty years old light skinned woman with a clean and intelligent visage, donning a golden cuirasse aptly shaped on her slender figure, cotton dull-coloured garments, knee-high boots and a helm surmounted by a red mane of bristles. She’s always seen with a short sword at her side while holding a shining spear.
Game Master Section
Lokena – Initiate of Matter (2)
- Sourcebooks: Wrath of the Immortals Book One – Codex of the Immortals (wi-b1-40), Vaults of Pandius (vop)
- Alignment: Lawful
- Portfolio: intelligence, cleverness, tactics, war, magic
- Other Names: Athena
- Sponsor: Ka
- Artefacts: Shortsword of Lokena, Spear of Lokena
Sponsorship Hierarchy – Matter
- Sponsorship of the Matter Sphere
- Earth Elemaster (33) Hierarch of Matter
- Ouranos (35) Hierarch of Matter Moved to Entropy (34)
- Terra (36) Hierarch of Matter
- Buglore (9) Temporal of Matter
- Djaea (34) Hierarch of Matter
- Infaust (16) Celestial of Matter
- Faunus (11) Temporal of Matter
- Chiron (6) Initiate of Matter
- Forsetta (7) Temporal of Matter
- Ka (35) Hierarch of Matter
- Bastet (16) Celestial of Matter moved to Time (22).
- Gorrziok (22) Empyreal of Matter moved to Time (25)
- Crakkak (10) Temporal of Matter moved to Time (10)
- Kagyar (28) Eternal of Matter
- Lokena (2) Initiate of Matter
- Lornasen (10) Temporal of Matter moved from Energy (7)
- Ninfangle (27) Eternal of Matter (27) Moved to Thought (26)
- Wogar (5) Initiate of Matter
- Tahkati (17) Celestial of Matter moved from Energy (17)
- Utnapishtim (23) Empyreal of Matter
- Land (27) Eternal of Matter
- Maat (30) Eternal of Matter
- Macroblan (13) Celestial of Matter moved to Entropy (27)
- Malafor (18) Celestial of Matter moved to Time (15)
- The Great One (26) Eternal of Matter
- Urtson (12) Temporal of Matter moved to Thought (7)
- Terra (36) Hierarch of Matter
- Valerias (31) Hierarch of Matter
History: Lokena was born in the Principality of Aalban in Glantri, daughter of two barons and gifted with an innate attitude for magic. However, although graduating with success at the Great School of Magic, her true passion always remained the art of warfare and tactics, probably influenced by the epic legends about the heroic deeds of the ruling Ritterburg clan that she had read and listened to over and over again ever since her childhood. During her life she always tried to meld the power that derived from her magical talents with her martial skills and strategy, becoming a formidable opponent and distinguishing herself both on the academic field and on the battlefield. Her love for order and strategic combat later gave her access to a secret sect that worshipped Maat, and when she finally discovered the Path of the Polymath she embraced it with passion in order to become herself the protagonist of new epic legends. Finally, after long quests in distant lands and outer planes, Lokena became immortal in the sphere of the Matter in AC 920.
Personality: Lokena is patroness of all the warriors who prefer fighting with intelligence, cleverness and bravery over sheer strength. She is also fond of those who manage to go beyond their limits thanks to their wisdom and perseverance. She dislikes all those people that resort to violence to achieve their goals or that bring havoc and destruction revelling in this acts. In particular she is not in good relationships with Vanya, whom she considers too power-hungry and intolerant, and opposes all those Entropics that carry suffering and destruction. She is on good terms with Bemarris, whom she more than admires for his bravery and martial skills, and gets along well with Palson, who usually entertains her with his charming manners and his games of logic and strategy.
Info on Lokena to be discovered by Groups
Classic D&D (BECMI) Stats
- Followers Alignment: any; clerics must be Neutral or Lawful
- Favoured weapon: spear (allowed all bludgeoning weapons and short sword)
- Clerics skills and powers: +1 bonus to Intelligence, +2 bonus to Military Tactics skill (not free)
- Paladins skills and powers: free Military Tactics skill
D&D 3.5 Stats
- Domains: Matter, Law, War, Magic
- Preferred weapon: short spear
Lokena – Patron to Pantheon Links – This is to be the basis on who is in what Pantheon and why.
- Cleverness (patron) added to the Thyatian Empire pantheon.
- Initiate (rank) added to the Initiates pantheon.
- Sphere of Matter (rank group) added to Matter pantheon.
- 2021-09-14 – Added in design changes and Patron to Pantheon links to show where this Immortal features in the Pantheon
The Gods: The Immortals Overview,
Energy/Fire (31): Alphatia (16), Bartziluth (24), Bemarris (3), Benekander (1), Branden 11), Coberham (18), Fire Elemaster (33), Guidarezzo (15), Heimdall (30), Iliric (8), Ilsundal (34), Ixion (36), Madarua (26), Mazikeen (27), Mahmatti (14), Matin (19), Mealiden (23), Minroth (13), Ninsun (35), Patura (10), Pflarr (25), Rad (22), Rafiel (21), Raith (12), Rathanos (28), Razud (31), Saturnius (20), The Shaper (7), The Shining One (29), Zirchev (17), Zugzul (32)
Entropy/Darkness (35): Alphaks (20), Aracne Prime (6), Arik (18), Atzanteotl (31), Bachraeus (19), Bagni (24), Brissard (10), Danel (14), Demogorgon (29), Harrow (11), Hel (36), Hircismus (12), Idris (15), Jammudaru (5), Kallala (22), Kiranjo (7), Kythria (2), Loki (30), Loup (9), Macroblan (27), Marwdyn (4), Masauwu (28), Nyx (33), Orcus (26), Ouranos (34), Pharamond (32), Qywattz (21), Ranivorus (16), Ruaidhri (3), Saasskas (23), Slizzark (17), Stodos (6), Talitha (25), Thanatos (35), Yagrai (13)
Matter/Earth (34): Atruaghin (32), Buglore (9), Chiron (6), Diamond (21), Djaea (34), Earth Elemaster (33), Faunus (11), Forsetta (7), Garl (13), Ground (19), Hattani (15), Ilmarinen (20), Infaust (16), Ka (35), Kagyar (28), Land (27), Lokena (2), Lornasen (10), Maat (30), N’grath (29), Opal (18), Paarkum (8), Polunius (25), Pearl (12), Tahkati (17), Terra (36), The Eternal General (14), The Great One (26), The Korrigans (24), The Twelve Watches (4), Utnapishtim (23), Valerias (31), Wayland (24), Wogar (5)
Thought/Air (36): Air Elemaster (32), Arnelee (8), Asterius (28), Clebard (2), Cochere (12), Cretia (16), Diulanna (18), Eiryndul (20), Frey (13), Freyja (13), Gorm (22), Halav (17), Karaash (5), Kersy (21), Korotiku (32), Koryis (10), Malinois (15), Ninfangle (27), Nob Nar (5), Noumena (34), Odin (36), Orisis (19), Palartarkan (11), Palson (4), Pax (35), Ralon (9), Sinbad (25), Soubrette (24), Ssu-Ma (23), Tarastia (30), Taroyas (6), Thalia (31), Thor (29), Turmis (1), Urtson (7), Usamigaras (27)
Time/Water (33): Al-Kalim (3), Ahmanni (14), Bastet (22), Brindorhin (14), Calitha (18), Carnelian (11), Chardastes (24), Crakkak (10), Finidel (7), Fugit (30), Gorrziok (25), Hymir (13), Khoronus (36), Liena (1), Luca (12), Malafor (15), Oleyan (6), Ordana (31), Petra (17), Protius (29), Raven (21), Sharpcrest (19), Simurgh (19), Skuld (34), Tiresias (9), Tourlain (8), Tyche (28), Urd (32), Vanya (23), Vethandi (35), Water Elemaster (33), Yav (20), Zalaj (27)
This site is constantly under revision, no blog posts are final as this is a work in progress place for me to develop my game settings and rules. Some posts might be placeholders for future content, so feel free to check back later for updated information.