Dungeons and Dragons – Mystara Immortals
Asterius – Sphere of Thought
Player Section – Asterius
- Patron – Healing, Merchants, Money, Profit, Thieves, Trade, Travel. Patron – Cleverness, Civilisation (Communication).
- Eternals pantheon only – Sphere of Thought (Eternal)
- Thought pantheon only – Sphere of Thought (Eternal)
- Dwarven and Gnome (The Merchant) Due to Patron of Communication.
- Ethengarian (The Merchant) Due to Patron of Communication.
- Alphatian Empire (Asterius)
- Land Guilds (Hermod)
- Makai (Cymorrak)
- Ocean Guilds (Zephyr)
- Thyatian Empire (The Merchant) Due to Patron of Cleverness and Civilisation group (Communication).
- Ylari (Kudesha)
Appearance: a stocky middle-aged man with jet-black hair wearing an ancient robe, sporting a keen eyesight and an ever-present beguiling smile.
Asterius’ Campaign Information
- AC 1007 – Supporter of the Hollow World Adventurers. Gained Rank 28.
AC 1007 – Thanatos and the Azcans, Thanatos and the Mellenians, Thanatos and the Nithians, Thanatos and the Shahjapurs.
Game Master Section – Asterius
Asterius – Eternal of Thought (28)
- Sourcebooks: Mystara Players Handbook (mph90), Wrath of the Immortals Book One (wi-b1-15), Hollow World – Dungeon Masters Sourcebook (hw-dms98), Vaults of Pandius (vop)
- Portfolio: Trade, profit, communication, travel, cleverness, merchants, thieves, healing (only in Robrenn)
- Other Names: Belnos, Cymorrak, Hermod, Kudesha, Murtijai, The Merchant, Zephyr
- Sponsor: Korotiku
- Alignment: Neutral
- Artefact: The four Daggers of Asterius, Crystal Dagger of Cymorrak
Allies of Asterius
Assists (can also be assisted by)
Enemies of Asterius
Opposes (can also be opposed by)
Sponsorship Hierarchy – Thought
- Sponsorship of the Thought Sphere
- Air Elemaster (33) Hierarch of Thought
- Korotiku (32) Hierarch of Thought
- Ahmanni (14) Celestial of Thought moved to Time (16)
- Asterius (27) Eternal of Thought
- Clebard (2) Initiate of Thought
- Cochere (12) Temporal of Thought
- Cretia (16) Celestial of Thought
- Diulanna (18) Celestial of Thought
- Karaash (5) Initiate of Thought
- Eiryndul (20) Empyreal of Thought moved from Energy (20)
- Harrow (11) Temporal of Thought moved to Entropy (11)
- Loup (9) Temporal of Thought moved to Entropy (9)
- Malinois (16) Celestial of Thought
- Palartarkan (11) Temporal of Thought moved from Energy (12)
- Ralon (9) Temporal of Thought
- Soubrette (24) Empyreal of Thought
- Ssu-Ma (23) Empyreal of Thought
- Turmis (1) Initiate of Thought
- Odin (36) Hierarch of Thought
- Arnelee (8) Temporal of Thought
- Frey (13) Celestial of Thought
- Freyja (14) Celestial of Thought
- Halav (17) Celestial of Thought
- Ninfangle (26) Eternal of Thought (26) Moved from Matter (27)
- Noumena (34) Hierarch of Thought
- Palson (3) Initiate of Thought
- Orisis (19) Empyreal of Thought
- Tarastia (30) Eternal of Thought moved from Energy (30)
- Taroyas (6) Initiate of Thought moved from Time (6)
- Thor (29) Eternal of Energy. moved to Thought (29)
- Gorm (22) Empyreal of Thought moved from Energy (19)
- Usamigaras (27) Eternal of Energy moved to Thought (27)
- Pax (35)
- Kersy (21) Empyreal of Thought
- Koryis (10) Temporal of Thought
- Urtson (7) Temporal of Thought moved from Matter (12)
- Thalia (31) Hierarch of Thought from Energy
- Qywattz (20) Empyreal of Thought moved to Entropy (21)
- Sinbad (25) Eternal of Thought
- Nob Nar (4) Initiate of Thought
- Tyche (28) Eternal of Thought (28) moved to Time (28)
History: born in Blackmoor before the Great Rain of Fire, Asterius never manifested the love for technology of his contemporaries. Instead he dedicated himself to master the arcane arts and the thieving profession, and later he became known as a respectable trader also thanks to the liaisons with the criminal organisations he had helped in his past. Thanks to his long journeys and the ancient artefacts he discovered in his adventures, he was able to unveil the secrets of the Path of the Epic Hero and successfully completed it around the 3200 BC, after destroying an Entropic artefact of Thanatos, the Spear of Destruction, with the epic weapon he created, the Crystal Dagger of Cymorrak (such was his mortal name), thus preventing the end of the Blackmoor civilisation way before the cataclysm.
Personality: Asterius is extremely friendly and charming at first sight, but he hides a dangerous side that never shows and which helps him taking his enemies by surprise to achieve his goals. He considers himself the universal patron of thieves and merchants because they are two sides of the same coin, even though he despises the evil ones who act merely for self gratification or for envy (and for this reason he hates Talitha with passion). He is also associated with travellers and those who bring information, since knowledge is a priceless good on Mystara. His most loyal ally is his old patron, Korotiku, and Asterius can count also Ixion and Valerias among his friends, since they share his centuries old crusade against the common enemy Thanatos.
Info on Asterius to be discovered by Groups
- Milenia (Belnos)
- Savage Coast (Murtjai)
Design Details – Asterius
Classic D&D Stats
- Followers Alignment: any; clerics cannot be Lawful
- Favourite Weapons: dagger (allowed all one-handed weapons)
- Clerics skills and powers: clerics obtain one of the following thieves’ skills: Move Silently, Hide in Shadows, or Hear Noises. They can use it as thieves of same level, with eventual penalties for armours worn. Moreover, they obtain a +2 bonus to the following general skills Estimate, Accounting, Bargaining (in case they choose to them).
D&D 3E Stats
- Domains: Thought, Good, Travel, Stealth, Trade
- Preferred Weapon: dagger [any type]
Moved from the Repose Domain to the Healing Doman. Upgraded Rank from 27 to 28.
Asterius – Patron to Pantheon Links – This is to be the basis on who is in what Pantheon and why.
- Cleverness (patron) added to the Thyatian Empire pantheon.
- Communication (patron) added to the Ethengarian, Dwarven and Gnome patrons.
- Communication (patron) added to the Civilisation patron group.
- Civilisation (patron group) added to the Thyatian Empire pantheon.
- Eternal (rank) added to the Eternals pantheon.
- Sphere of Thought (rank group) added to Thought pantheon.
- 2022-01-13 – Linked into the hollow world cycle of adventures.
- 2021-09-20 – Upgraded to Rank 28.
- 2021-09-14 – Added in design changes and Patron to Pantheon links to show where this Immortal features in the Pantheon.
- 2021-08-15 – Update to layout, tags, menu and link.
- 2021-08-06 – Updating allies and enemies.
- 2021-08-05 – Updating links and layout.
The Gods: The Immortals Overview, Patrons
GM Section: Immortality Overview, Path Conqueror, Path Dragon, Path Dynast, Path Epic Hero, Path Paragon, Path Polymath, Quest Petition, Quest Meeting
Energy/Fire (31): Alphatia (16), Bartziluth (24), Bemarris (3), Benekander (1), Branden 11), Coberham (18), Fire Elemaster (33), Guidarezzo (15), Heimdall (30), Iliric (8), Ilsundal (34), Ixion (36), Madarua (26), Mazikeen (27), Mahmatti (14), Matin (19), Mealiden (23), Minroth (13), Ninsun (35), Patura (10), Pflarr (25), Rad (22), Rafiel (21), Raith (12), Rathanos (28), Razud (31), Saturnius (20), The Shaper (7), The Shining One (29), Zirchev (17), Zugzul (32)
Entropy/Darkness (35): Alphaks (20), Aracne Prime (6), Arik (18), Atzanteotl (31), Bachraeus (19), Bagni (24), Brissard (10), Danel (14), Demogorgon (29), Harrow (11), Hel (36), Hircismus (12), Idris (15), Jammudaru (5), Kallala (22), Kiranjo (7), Kythria (2), Loki (30), Loup (9), Macroblan (27), Marwdyn (4), Masauwu (28), Nyx (33), Orcus (26), Ouranos (34), Pharamond (32), Qywattz (21), Ranivorus (16), Ruaidhri (3), Saasskas (23), Slizzark (17), Stodos (6), Talitha (25), Thanatos (35), Yagrai (13)
Matter/Earth (34): Atruaghin (32), Buglore (9), Chiron (6), Diamond (21), Djaea (34), Earth Elemaster (33), Faunus (11), Forsetta (7), Garl (13), Ground (19), Hattani (15), Ilmarinen (20), Infaust (16), Ka (35), Kagyar (28), Land (27), Lokena (2), Lornasen (10), Maat (30), N’grath (29), Opal (18), Paarkum (8), Polunius (25), Pearl (12), Tahkati (17), Terra (36), The Eternal General (14), The Great One (26), The Korrigans (24), The Twelve Watches (4), Utnapishtim (23), Valerias (31), Wayland (24), Wogar (5)
Thought/Air (36): Air Elemaster (32), Arnelee (8), Asterius (28), Clebard (2), Cochere (12), Cretia (16), Diulanna (18), Eiryndul (20), Frey (13), Freyja (13), Gorm (22), Halav (17), Karaash (5), Kersy (21), Korotiku (32), Koryis (10), Malinois (15), Ninfangle (27), Nob Nar (5), Noumena (34), Odin (36), Orisis (19), Palartarkan (11), Palson (4), Pax (35), Ralon (9), Sinbad (25), Soubrette (24), Ssu-Ma (23), Tarastia (30), Taroyas (6), Thalia (31), Thor (29), Turmis (1), Urtson (7), Usamigaras (27)
Time/Water (33): Al-Kalim (3), Ahmanni (14), Bastet (22), Brindorhin (14), Calitha (18), Carnelian (11), Chardastes (24), Crakkak (10), Finidel (7), Fugit (30), Gorrziok (25), Hymir (13), Khoronus (36), Liena (1), Luca (12), Malafor (15), Oleyan (6), Ordana (31), Petra (17), Protius (29), Raven (21), Sharpcrest (19), Simurgh (19), Skuld (34), Tiresias (9), Tourlain (8), Tyche (28), Urd (32), Vanya (23), Vethandi (35), Water Elemaster (33), Yav (20), Zalaj (27)
Library of Books
B5, d20 System, Pathfinder, SW
This site is currently undergoing migration to www.thedarkelf007.com website due to needing a different set of tools that I had available to me on here.
Basic Links: Who Am I?, Home, Game Tools, Game Session Videos, My Campaigns, My Library, Site Map, Subscription Information
Game Systems: Dungeons & Dragons, Pathfinder 1 & 2, Shadowrun, Star Wars. Other Game Systems
Site sponsored by the author AS Hamilton (my wife) with her books available on amazon kindle.