Dungeons and Dragons – Mystara Immortals
The Korrigans – Sphere of Matter
Player Section – The Korrigans
- Patron – Elves, Forest Races, Freedom, Magic, Wendar
- Empyreals pantheon only – Sphere of Matter (Empyreal)
- Matter pantheon only – Sphere of Matter (Empyreal)
- Elven (Protectors of the Elves) –
- Land Guilds (The Nine Saviours)
- Empyreals (The Korrigans) Due to Rank of Empyreal.
- Matter (The Korrigans) Due to Member of Sphere of Matter.
Appearance: each of the Nine Korrigans has a particular aspect and nickname, which is associated to some kind of craft he mastered in his or her mortal life. All Korrigans look like blond elves with bright eyes and perfect features, in prim shape and age. Each one is clad differently and bears some kind of characteristic object and weapon
- Fiery Champion: red dragon scale armour, longsword and a dragon’s fang
- Eternal Wanderer: banded armour, shortsword and a pair of dusty deer boots
- Spring Maiden: lilies flower robe, short spear and a beautiful Alpine star (edelweiss) in her hair
- Dreaming Seer: blue robe, quarterstaff and a black strip on his eyes
- Merciful Healer: white robe, sling and a white dove perked on his shoulder
- Rainbow Singer: red robe, light mace and a crystal harp
- Silent Hunter: leather armour, longbow and a wolf’s pelt cloak
- Silver Carver: leather armour, silver dagger and artisan’s tools
- Verdant Caretaker: green leaves tunic, sickle and a crown of maple leaves
The Korrigans’ Campaign Information
Game Master Section – The Korrigans
The Korrigans – Empyreal of Matter (22)
Was Empyreal of Energy (24)
- Sourcebooks: Vaults of Pandius (vop)
- Alignment: Neutral
- Portfolio: Wendar, elves, freedom, magic, protecting the woodland races, opposing Idris
- Sponsor: Ixion (Energy) to Kagyar (Matter)
- Other Names: The Nine Saviours, Protectors of the Elves
- Artefacts: The Elvenstar
Allies of The Korrigans
Assists (can also be assisted by)
Enemies of The Korrigans
Opposes (can also be opposed by)
Sponsorship Hierarchy – Energy
- Sponsorship of the Energy Sphere
- Ixion (36) Hierarch of Energy
- Coberham (18) Celestial of Energy
- Gorm (19) Empyreal of Energy moved to Thought (22)
- Heimdall (30) Eternal of Energy
- Ilsundal (34) Hierarch of Energy.
- Mahmatti (14) Celestial of Energy
- Ninsun (35) Hierarch of Energy
- Palartarkan (12) Temporal of Energy moved to Thought (11)
- Patura (10) Temporal of Energy
- Rathanos (28) Eternal of Energy
- Razud (31) Hierarch of Energy.
- Saturnius (20) Empyreal of Energy
- Tahkati (17) Celestial of Energy moved to Matter (17)
- Tarastia (30) Eternal of Energy moved to Thought (30)
- Raith (12) Temporal of Energy
- The Korrigans (24) Empyreal of Energy moved to Matter (22)
- Thor (29) Eternal of Energy. moved to Thought (29)
- Thalia (36) Hierarch of Energy moved to Thought (31)
- Usamigaras (27) Eternal of Energy moved to Thought (27)
- Zugzul (32) Hierarch of Energy.
- Slizzark (15) Celestial of Energy moved to Entropy (17)
- Ixion (36) Hierarch of Energy
- Confirmed not to have a sponsor
Sponsorship Hierarchy – Matter
- Sponsorship of the Matter Sphere
- Earth Elemaster (33) Hierarch of Matter
- Ouranos (35) Hierarch of Matter Moved to Entropy (34)
- Terra (36) Hierarch of Matter
- Buglore (9) Temporal of Matter
- Djaea (34) Hierarch of Matter
- Infaust (16) Celestial of Matter
- Faunus (11) Temporal of Matter
- Chiron (6) Initiate of Matter
- Forsetta (7) Temporal of Matter
- Ka (35) Hierarch of Matter
- Bastet (16) Celestial of Matter moved to Time (22).
- Gorrziok (22) Empyreal of Matter moved to Time (25)
- Crakkak (10) Temporal of Matter moved to Time (10)
- Kagyar (28) Eternal of Matter
- Lokena (2) Initiate of Matter
- Lornasen (10) Temporal of Matter moved from Energy (7)
- Ninfangle (27) Eternal of Matter (27) Moved to Thought (26)
- Wogar (5) Initiate of Matter
- Tahkati (17) Celestial of Matter moved from Energy (17)
- Utnapishtim (23) Empyreal of Matter
- Land (27) Eternal of Matter
- Maat (30) Eternal of Matter
- Macroblan (13) Celestial of Matter moved to Entropy (27)
- Malafor (18) Celestial of Matter moved to Time (15)
- The Great One (26) Eternal of Matter
- Urtson (12) Temporal of Matter moved to Thought (7)
- Terra (36) Hierarch of Matter
- Valerias (31) Hierarch of Matter
History: the Korrigans were ten elves of clan Genalleth, one of the clans who settled in the mountains north of Glantri after leaving Ilsundal’s migration in Brun. Even if they belonged to different families, they struck a bond of friendship and loyalty over the years they adventured together, and united by the faith in the power of magic they adopted as symbol of their group the fabled korrigan, a woodland being who dwelt in those lands. They became very famous among elves and Antalians alike, and thanks to their intervention the Genalleth valley was spared by the raiding humanoids led by Akkila-Khan in BC1722.
After this event, the Dreaming Seer foresaw a great cataclysm approaching because of a powerful artefact, and the Korrigans decided to prevent this catastrophe. They split and started to search the nearby regions looking for this artefact. The elfin known as Black Wing found it first in the area south of the Glantrian Alps, but she kept her discovery from her companions. She believed that she could use that relic to increase her powers: little did she know it was an ancient Blackmoorian machine which was doomed to explode as soon as it was activated. Black Wing convinced the elves living in that area to hide the artefact and to study it secretly (since she could not transport it in another location), but this worked against her plans. The elves tinkered with the artefact and caused a chain reaction which led to the Glantrian Catastrophe. The terrible nuclear explosion which resulted annihilated all living beings in a 100 miles radius and created the Broken Lands. It also produced a dark noxious cloud which obscured the sky over the region comprised between northern Darokin and Wendar, bringing with it a rotting disease. Many elven clans who dwelt in the northern highlands perished, while others sought refuge below the ground. The Korrigans used all their magical knowledge to protect their clansmen, who had fallen victim to a disease which corrupted both their bodies and minds. They used an artefact of Energy discovered during their voyages (Enoreth’s Pit) to imbue their land with powerful magics and created the so-called ley lines or Nexi (arcane foci), which awakened the power of nature in the Genalleth valley. Afterwards they crafted an artefact which was able to tap these nexi in order to create a mystical barrier that would protect the area of current Wendar from diseases and other threats. Thanks to the power of the Nexi and this artefact, the Elvenstar, the Genalleth elves and their human allies were able to withstand the nuclear winter and survive without being decimated. The losses were heavy, but the survivors acquired great faith in the Korrigans and Mother Forest, who were considered the saviours and protectors of the whole land.
Unfortunately, Black Wing’s treachery became public at this point, when she used her powers to corrupt one of the Nexi in order to stop her own disease and attain lichdom. The ceremony made a whole area of forest bleak which later got renamed Dark Woods of Baamor (Baaq-Mor means Black Wing in ancient elven). When the Korrigans discovered it, they banded together and banished Black Wing from Wendar. The Nine remaining Korrigans, now in their elder age, taught some trusted disciples the secrets of the Elvenstar and of the arcane arts (which had been forgotten by or inhibited in many elves because of the radiations), and were acknowledged as the most powerful mages in the area.
Ixion had observed their actions during all this time, and finally made them understand through omens and dreams that they were way ahead on the path towards immortality. However, only one could be chosen, so they now were compelled to fight one another for supremacy. The Nine Korrigans stood true to their friendship and they asked Ixion to take all of them as immortals or none. Moved by their honour and friendship, Ixion accepted their plea and the Nine Korrigans became immortals in the Sphere of Energy in BC 1600 all together (only case in history where a group achieved immortality all together). However, to avoid breaking the immortal laws, their souls melded during the ascension, and became one single immortal, although they retained their personalities. The Korrigans now maintain 9 different manifestation forms (avatars) which are closely linked but enable them to act individually all the way (even if they all share the same amount of power).
Personality: The Korrigans are now worshipped in Wendar as protectors of the elves and the ancient traditions. They are fascinated by the combined powers of magic and nature, and they look favourably upon those adventuring parties who are held together by feelings of loyalty and honour, and who carry on the cause of Good. The Korrigans never forgave Idris (Black wing) to have caused so many deaths because of her thirst for power, and they oppose her as much as her patroness Hel in every possible scheme. On the other hand, they are loyal followers of Ordana (who considers them her protectors) and of Ixion, and they are on good terms with all the other elven immortals, even if they are not formal allies.
Info on The Korrigans to be discovered by Groups
Unfinished Pantheon: Norwold (The Korrigans)
Design Details – The Korrigans
Classic D&D (BECMI) Stats
- Followers Alignment: any; clerics must be Neutral or Lawful
- Favoured weapon: one chosen among each one of the Korrigans’ holy weapons (allowed all bludgeoning weapons)
- Clerics skills and powers: permanent spell-like ability speak with animals; bonus general skill Hide (Forest); +5% to total chance when trying to create new magic items; clerics have access to 1st level druid spells too
D&D 3.5 Stats
- Domains: Energy, Good, Magic, Protection
- Preferred weapon: choose one among the nine holy weapons of the Korrigans
Due to politics of the gods, The Korrigans moved to Sphere of Matter from Energy and Reduced in Rank from 24 to 22.
The Korrigans – Patron to Pantheon Links – This is to be the basis on who is in what Pantheon and why.
- Empyreal (rank) added to the Empyreals pantheon.
- Sphere of Matter (rank group) added to Matter pantheon.
- 2021-09-20 – Added in design changes and Patron to Pantheon links to show where this Immortal features in the Pantheon,
- 2021-08-18 – Update to layout, tags, menu and links.
The Gods: The Immortals Overview,
Energy/Fire (31): Alphatia (16), Bartziluth (24), Bemarris (3), Benekander (1), Branden 11), Coberham (18), Fire Elemaster (33), Guidarezzo (15), Heimdall (30), Iliric (8), Ilsundal (34), Ixion (36), Madarua (26), Mazikeen (27), Mahmatti (14), Matin (19), Mealiden (23), Minroth (13), Ninsun (35), Patura (10), Pflarr (25), Rad (22), Rafiel (21), Raith (12), Rathanos (28), Razud (31), Saturnius (20), The Shaper (7), The Shining One (29), Zirchev (17), Zugzul (32)
Entropy/Darkness (35): Alphaks (20), Aracne Prime (6), Arik (18), Atzanteotl (31), Bachraeus (19), Bagni (24), Brissard (10), Danel (14), Demogorgon (29), Harrow (11), Hel (36), Hircismus (12), Idris (15), Jammudaru (5), Kallala (22), Kiranjo (7), Kythria (2), Loki (30), Loup (9), Macroblan (27), Marwdyn (4), Masauwu (28), Nyx (33), Orcus (26), Ouranos (34), Pharamond (32), Qywattz (21), Ranivorus (16), Ruaidhri (3), Saasskas (23), Slizzark (17), Stodos (6), Talitha (25), Thanatos (35), Yagrai (13)
Matter/Earth (34): Atruaghin (32), Buglore (9), Chiron (6), Diamond (21), Djaea (34), Earth Elemaster (33), Faunus (11), Forsetta (7), Garl (13), Ground (19), Hattani (15), Ilmarinen (20), Infaust (16), Ka (35), Kagyar (28), Land (27), Lokena (2), Lornasen (10), Maat (30), N’grath (29), Opal (18), Paarkum (8), Polunius (25), Pearl (12), Tahkati (17), Terra (36), The Eternal General (14), The Great One (26), The Korrigans (24), The Twelve Watches (4), Utnapishtim (23), Valerias (31), Wayland (24), Wogar (5)
Thought/Air (36): Air Elemaster (32), Arnelee (8), Asterius (28), Clebard (2), Cochere (12), Cretia (16), Diulanna (18), Eiryndul (20), Frey (13), Freyja (13), Gorm (22), Halav (17), Karaash (5), Kersy (21), Korotiku (32), Koryis (10), Malinois (15), Ninfangle (27), Nob Nar (5), Noumena (34), Odin (36), Orisis (19), Palartarkan (11), Palson (4), Pax (35), Ralon (9), Sinbad (25), Soubrette (24), Ssu-Ma (23), Tarastia (30), Taroyas (6), Thalia (31), Thor (29), Turmis (1), Urtson (7), Usamigaras (27)
Time/Water (33): Al-Kalim (3), Ahmanni (14), Bastet (22), Brindorhin (14), Calitha (18), Carnelian (11), Chardastes (24), Crakkak (10), Finidel (7), Fugit (30), Gorrziok (25), Hymir (13), Khoronus (36), Liena (1), Luca (12), Malafor (15), Oleyan (6), Ordana (31), Petra (17), Protius (29), Raven (21), Sharpcrest (19), Simurgh (19), Skuld (34), Tiresias (9), Tourlain (8), Tyche (28), Urd (32), Vanya (23), Vethandi (35), Water Elemaster (33), Yav (20), Zalaj (27)
This site is constantly under revision, no blog posts are final as this is a work in progress place for me to develop my game settings and rules. Some posts might be placeholders for future content, so feel free to check back later for updated information.
Follow My Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox. For managing your subscriptions see Subscription Information.