Dungeons and Dragons – Mystara Immortals
Ixion – Sphere of Energy
Player Section – Ixion
The Sun Prince, Dazbog, Ixion, Father Sun, Horon, Pyrak, Pyro, The Great Spirit, Tubak the Lawgiver, Tyr
- Patron – Knowledge, Light, Power, the Sun, War, Ruling Hierarch.
- Patron and Title Keywords – Elements (Balance, Energy, Fire), Racial (Genasi (Fire)), Title (Sphere of Energy (Ancient, Hierarch)), Virtues (Heroism)
- Ancient Ones pantheon only – Sphere of Energy (Ancient)
- Hierarchs pantheon only – Sphere of Energy (Hierarch)
- Energy pantheon only – Sphere of Energy (Hierarch)
- Atruaghin (The Great Spirit)
- Dragonkin (Pyro) – Longsword of Ixion
- Dwarven & Gnome (Pyrak)
- Elven (Father Sun) – Longbow of Ixion
- Ethengar (Tubak the Lawgiver) – As Tubak the Lawgiver he is revered for his ability to rule using the wisdom of common sense rather than through iron laws. Flaming Wheel of Ixion
- Giantkin (The Sun Prince) Due to Patron of Virtues group (Heroism)
- Halfling (Father Sun) Due to Patron of Heroism
- Alphatian Empire (Lord of Light and Energy) Due to Patron of Genasi group (Fire)
- Land Guilds (Warruntam)
- Norse (Tyr)
- Outcast (Dazbog)
- Thyatian Empire (The Sun Prince)
- Ylari (Horon)
- Fire (The Sun Prince) Due to Patron of Energy and Fire.
- Forest (The Sun Prince) Due to Patron of Balance.
- Radiance (The Sun Prince) Due to Patron of Energy and Fire.
- Energy (Ixion) Due to Member of Sphere of Energy.
- Hierarchs (Ixion) Due to Rank of Hierarch.
- Spheres (Ixion) Due to Patron of Elements (Balance, Energy, Fire)
Appearance: A male whose race changes depending on those who observe him. No matter which race he belongs to, however, he has always a long mane of shining golden hair, flaming eyelids and his skin tone has a golden hue. He wears a golden silk robe and carries a flaming sword at his belt, and always moves around on a giant flying flaming wheel.
Ixion’s Campaign Information
Ixion’s Meaning Behind Names
- Dazbog – Dazbog is the Slavic god of the sun, fire, heat, warmth, light and weather. Dazbog is a god gives to people.
- Father Sun –
- Horon – Ancient Canaanite religion. Horon, an underworld god, co-ruler of the underworld, twin brother of Melqart, a son of Mot. Bethoron in Israel, takes its name from Horon.
- Ixion – Ixion, in Greek legend, son either of the god Ares or of Phlegyas, king of the Lapiths in Thessaly. … Ixion abused his pardon by trying to seduce Zeus’s wife, Hera. Zeus substituted for her a cloud, by which Ixion became the father of Centaurus, who fathered the Centaurs by the mares of Mount Pelion.
- Pyrak –
- Pyro – a pyromaniac.
- The Great Spirit – The Great Spirit is the concept of a life force, a Supreme Being or god known more specifically as Wakan Tanka in Lakota, Gitche Manitou in Algonquian, and by other, specific names in a number Native American and First Nations cultures.
- The Sun Prince –
- Tubak the Lawgiver –
- Tyr – Tyr, Old Norse Týr, Old English Tiw, or Tiu, one of the oldest gods of the Germanic peoples and a somewhat enigmatic figure. He was apparently the god concerned with the formalities of war—especially treaties—and also, appropriately, of justice.
Game Master Section – Ixion
Ixion – Hierarch of Energy (36)
- Sourcebooks: Mystara Players Handbook (mph96), Wrath of the Immortals Book One – Codex of the Immortals (wi-b1-23), Hollow World – Dungeon Masters Sourcebook (hw-dms104), Vaults of Pandius (vop)
- Alignment: Neutral
- Portfolio: Banishing Darkness, Opposing Entropy, light, sun, fire, power, heroism, war, knowledge, preserving the universal balance.
- Other Names: The Sun Prince, Ayazi, Aksyri, Dazbog, Himayeti, Horon, Idu, Osiris, Otzitiotl, Pyrak, Pyro, Solarios, Father Sun, Tabak, The Great Spirit, Tubak the Lawgiver, Tyr, Warruntam, Xi-Yang, Lord of Light and Energy
- Artefacts: Bow of Gilgrave, Flaming Wheel of Ixion, Greatsword of Ixion, Longbow of Ixion
Allies of Ixion
Assists (can also be assisted by)
- Asterius (27) Eternal of Thought in his role opposing entropy
- Ka (35) Hierarch of Matter in his role as protector.
- Valerias (31) Hierarch of Matter in her role as his mate
- Atruaghin (32) Hierarch of Matter.
- Coberham (10) Temporal of Energy
- Cretia (16) Celestial of Thought
- Mahmatti (13) Celestial of Energy.
- Ordana (31) Hierarch of Time
- The Korrigans (24) Empyreal of Energy
Enemies of Ixion
Opposes (can also be opposed by)
- Atzanteotl (31) Hierarch of Entropy in his role of with entropy.
- Hel (36) Hierarch of Entropy in his role of with entropy.
- Thanatos (35) Hierarch of Entropy in his role of with entropy.
Sponsorship Hierarchy – Energy
- Sponsorship of the Energy Sphere
- Ixion (36) Hierarch of Energy
- Coberham (18) Celestial of Energy
- Gorm (19) Empyreal of Energy moved to Thought (22)
- Heimdall (30) Eternal of Energy
- Ilsundal (34) Hierarch of Energy.
- Mahmatti (14) Celestial of Energy
- Ninsun (35) Hierarch of Energy
- Palartarkan (12) Temporal of Energy moved to Thought (11)
- Patura (10) Temporal of Energy
- Rathanos (28) Eternal of Energy
- Razud (31) Hierarch of Energy.
- Saturnius (20) Empyreal of Energy
- Tahkati (17) Celestial of Energy moved to Matter (17)
- Tarastia (30) Eternal of Energy moved to Thought (30)
- Raith (12) Temporal of Energy
- The Korrigans (24) Empyreal of Energy moved to Matter (22)
- Thor (29) Eternal of Energy. moved to Thought (29)
- Thalia (36) Hierarch of Energy moved to Thought (31)
- Usamigaras (27) Eternal of Energy moved to Thought (27)
- Zugzul (32) Hierarch of Energy.
- Slizzark (15) Celestial of Energy moved to Entropy (17)
- Ixion (36) Hierarch of Energy
- Confirmed not to have a sponsor
History: Ixion is one of the so called “ancient immortals“, since his origins are lost in the mists of time and he states he does not remember (or he does not want to reveal) how he became immortal. Ixion has helped Ka and Ordana to create the Hollow World, in the attempt to save the endangered races of Mystara (and thus earning the scorn of Fugit from the Sphere of Time, who instead thinks nobody should play with destiny), and is much active as Hierarch of Energy in whichever plot involves the safeguard and the growth of the Sphere of Energy.
Personality: Ixion is the embodiment of the sun in all its glory, and he has been worshipped by mortals since the beginning of times as patron of light, life and the natural order of universe opposed to chaos and death. Ixion promotes knowledge as means to reach salvation: the wise men are those who leave the darkness of ignorance to gaze upon the light of knowledge (and this is another aspect of his role of “light-bearer”). He pursues the victory of the positive spheres (led by Energy) against the negative influence of Entropy. He does not like strict codes or laws, so the only rules he preaches to his faithfuls are to oppose Entropy and its followers, to maintain peace with every means (also with war) and to always pay him due worship.
Ixion embodies perfectly the sphere of Energy: full passion and vigour, ironic, hot-tempered and always in motion, but also contemplative, thoughtful, wise and lenient. His most trusted allies are Valerias (his eternal soulmate, despite all the quarrels that mark their relationships), Asterius (the most clever and merciless enemy of Entropy) and Ka (who shares Ixion’s goal of protecting universal balance and the Hollow World). His most hated enemies on the other hand are the most powerful and ruthless among the Entropics, that is to say Thanatos, Hel and Atzanteotl.
Info on Ixion to be discovered by Groups
- Meaning of Immortals names
- Ayazi –
- Aksyri –
- Himayeti –
- Idu – Egyption. Means “boy” in Egyptian.
- Osiris – Egyptian. Ram god — Osiris is the god of fertility, agriculture, the afterlife, the dead, resurrection, life, and vegetation in ancient Egyptian religion.
- Otzitiotl –
- Solarios –
- Tabak –
- Warruntam –
- Xi-Yang – Chinese. Xi Meaning “careful” or “happiness.” and Yang meaning “light, sun, male” (which is typically only masculine), as well as other Chinese characters pronounced similarly.
- Lord of Light and Energy –
- Azcan (Otzitiotl)
- Nithian (Osiris)
- Ocean (Solarios)
- Ochalean (Xi-Yang)
- Savage Coast (Aksyri)
- Serpent Peninsular (Himayeti)
- Sind (Ayazi)
- Sky (Idu)
- Traldar (Tabak)
- Council of Hollow World (Ixion)
- Council of Intrusion (Ixion)
- Council of Old Ones (Ixion)
- Ring of Fire (Ixion)
Design Details – Ixion
Classic D&D (BECMI) Stats
- Followers Alignment: clerics and follow to us can be of any alignment
- Favoured weapon: none (clerics can use all types of bows and crossbows, mace, warhammer, two-handed sword, scimitar, and the thrown weapons that belong to the cleric’s culture)
- Clerics skills and powers: +1 bonus to all dices rolled to turn undead; +1 bonus hit and damage rolls against undead; clerics can freely cast the druidic spell Produce Fire twice a day.
- Paladins skills and powers: Lay on Hands, +2 bonus vs Death Ray.
D&D 3.5 Stats
- Domains: Energy, Good, Fire, Sun, War, Knowledge
- Preferred weapon: two-handed sword
Ixion – Patron to Pantheon Links – This is to be the basis on who is in what Pantheon and why.
- Balance (patron) linked to the Forest pantheon. (Atruaghin, Djaea, Ixion, Vethandi)
- Balance, Energy and Fire (patron) added to the Elements patron group.
- Energy and Fire (patron) linked to Fire and Radiance pantheons.
- Fire (patron) linked to the Genasi patron group.
- Elements (patron group) linked to the Spheres pantheon.
- Genasi (patron group) linked to the Alphatian Empire pantheon.
- Ancient (rank) added to the Ancient Ones pantheon.
- Hierarch (rank) added to the Hierarchs pantheon.
- Sphere of Energy (rank group) added to Energy pantheon.
- 2021-09-09 – Added in design changes and Patron to Pantheon links to show where this Immortal features in the Pantheon.
- 2021-08-27 – Added Coberham, Cretia to the list of allies. Removed warlock pact of genie lord as moved to elemaster’s only.
- 2021-08-18 – Update to allies and enemies.
- 2021-08-10 – Fixed tags and links.
- 2021-05-08 – Added in Atruaghin, Ilsundal.
- 2021-02-22 – Added in links and gods sponsored.
- 2020-06-23 – Added Allies, Enemies, History, Personality and Other system stats.
The Gods: The Immortals Overview,
Energy/Fire (31): Alphatia (16), Bartziluth (24), Bemarris (3), Benekander (1), Branden 11), Coberham (18), Fire Elemaster (33), Guidarezzo (15), Heimdall (30), Iliric (8), Ilsundal (34), Ixion (36), Madarua (26), Mazikeen (27), Mahmatti (14), Matin (19), Mealiden (23), Minroth (13), Ninsun (35), Patura (10), Pflarr (25), Rad (22), Rafiel (21), Raith (12), Rathanos (28), Razud (31), Saturnius (20), The Shaper (7), The Shining One (29), Zirchev (17), Zugzul (32)
Entropy/Darkness (35): Alphaks (20), Aracne Prime (6), Arik (18), Atzanteotl (31), Bachraeus (19), Bagni (24), Brissard (10), Danel (14), Demogorgon (29), Harrow (11), Hel (36), Hircismus (12), Idris (15), Jammudaru (5), Kallala (22), Kiranjo (7), Kythria (2), Loki (30), Loup (9), Macroblan (27), Marwdyn (4), Masauwu (28), Nyx (33), Orcus (26), Ouranos (34), Pharamond (32), Qywattz (21), Ranivorus (16), Ruaidhri (3), Saasskas (23), Slizzark (17), Stodos (6), Talitha (25), Thanatos (35), Yagrai (13)
Matter/Earth (34): Atruaghin (32), Buglore (9), Chiron (6), Diamond (21), Djaea (34), Earth Elemaster (33), Faunus (11), Forsetta (7), Garl (13), Ground (19), Hattani (15), Ilmarinen (20), Infaust (16), Ka (35), Kagyar (28), Land (27), Lokena (2), Lornasen (10), Maat (30), N’grath (29), Opal (18), Paarkum (8), Polunius (25), Pearl (12), Tahkati (17), Terra (36), The Eternal General (14), The Great One (26), The Korrigans (24), The Twelve Watches (4), Utnapishtim (23), Valerias (31), Wayland (24), Wogar (5)
Thought/Air (36): Air Elemaster (32), Arnelee (8), Asterius (28), Clebard (2), Cochere (12), Cretia (16), Diulanna (18), Eiryndul (20), Frey (13), Freyja (13), Gorm (22), Halav (17), Karaash (5), Kersy (21), Korotiku (32), Koryis (10), Malinois (15), Ninfangle (27), Nob Nar (5), Noumena (34), Odin (36), Orisis (19), Palartarkan (11), Palson (4), Pax (35), Ralon (9), Sinbad (25), Soubrette (24), Ssu-Ma (23), Tarastia (30), Taroyas (6), Thalia (31), Thor (29), Turmis (1), Urtson (7), Usamigaras (27)
Time/Water (33): Al-Kalim (3), Ahmanni (14), Bastet (22), Brindorhin (14), Calitha (18), Carnelian (11), Chardastes (24), Crakkak (10), Finidel (7), Fugit (30), Gorrziok (25), Hymir (13), Khoronus (36), Liena (1), Luca (12), Malafor (15), Oleyan (6), Ordana (31), Petra (17), Protius (29), Raven (21), Sharpcrest (19), Simurgh (19), Skuld (34), Tiresias (9), Tourlain (8), Tyche (28), Urd (32), Vanya (23), Vethandi (35), Water Elemaster (33), Yav (20), Zalaj (27)
This site is constantly under revision, no blog posts are final as this is a work in progress place for me to develop my game settings and rules. Some posts might be placeholders for future content, so feel free to check back later for updated information.