D&D – Five Spheres of Mystara
Immortals of Mystara
Yagrai – Sphere of Entropy
Player Section – Yagrai
Yagrai (Entropy, Celestial 13)
- Favoured Weapon – Bastard Sword
- Other Names – He-Who-Always-Rises
- Symbol – A Black skull against a white background (Shown on Holy Symbols of Mystara Day 100)
- Patron of
- Immortal Title – Celestial (30)
- Core Pantheons –
- Single Element Organisations – Entropy – The Dark
- Secret Crafts –
Appearance: a large yellow-skinned humanoid without well defined traits (he might be an orc or a hobgoblin), dressed in black leather armour and a helmet that has for a visor a black skull and in his hand a black broadsword.
- Clerical Domains –
- Patron – Monstrous Races (Scorpionfolk), Humanoids, Necromancy, Obsession, Obstinacy, Tenacity. Living (Death)
- Entropy pantheon only – Sphere of Entropy (Celestial)
- Outcast (He Who Always Rises) Due to Patron of Death.
- Darkness (He Who Always Rises) Due to Patron of Death.
- Forest (He Who Always Rises) Due to Patron of Living group (Death)
All Immortals of Mystara are part of the Assembly Council. It is run by the five Hierarchs of rank 36, one from each xphere.
- Core Immortals – Odin (Thought), Terra (Matter),
- Charter Patrons – Living (Animals (2)),
- Energy – Magical – Alchemy (1), Astrology (2)
- Energy – Warfare – Amazons (1)
- Matter – Crafters – Armourer (2)
- Matter – Living – Abundance (2), Agriculture (4)
- Thought – Artists – Architecture (1)
- Thought – Inspiration – Adventure (8)
- Thought – Science – Agriculture (4), Alchemy (1), Architecture (1), Astronomy (1)
- Time – Civilisation – Ambition (2), Anarchy (1)
- Dual Energy/Thought – Magical Science – Alchemy (1)
- Dual Matter/Thought – Living Science – Agriculture (4)
- Elements – Air (3)
- Immortal Titles – Aesirs (8)
- Nationality – Alfheim (1), Alphatian Empire Group, Aquarendi (1)
- Charter Secret Crafts – Airologist (Aerial Races, Air, Alphatian Empire, Ar), Alchemologist (Alchemy), Beastologist (Animals), Bureauologist (Ambition), Chaosologist (Anarchy), Craftologist (Architecture, Armourer), Diplomologist (Ambition), Divinology (Astrology), Earthologist (Agriculture), Elvenologist (Alfheim, Aquarendi), Entertainologist (Ambition), Mechologist (Astronomy), Naturologist (Abundance, Agriculture, Alfheim, Animals), Sailologist (Adventure), Shapeologist (Aranea), Skyologist (Adventure, Aerial Races, Air, Alphatian Empire, Ar), Starology (Astrology, Astronomy), Technologist (Astronomy), Wagonologist (Adventure), Warologist (Amazons), Waterologist (Aquarendi, Aquatic Races, Arctic), Weaponologist (Amazons),
- Barbarian Paths – Storm Herald – Mountain (Agriculture) / Sea (Agriculture, Air),
- Cleric Domains – Air (Aerial Races, Agriculture, Air, Alphatian Empire, Ar), Ambition (Ambition), Arcana (Alphatian Empire, Aranea), Beer (Alchemy), Cat (Animals), Chaos (Anarchy), Clockwork (Astronomy), Creation (Architecture, Armourer), Earth (Agriculture), Forge (Armourer), Hunting (Animals), Knowledge (Aesirs), Nature (Abundance, Agriculture, Alfheim, Animals), Oceans (Aquarendi, Aquatic Races), Prophecy (Astrology), Tempest (Agriculture), Travel (Adventure), War (Aesirs, Amazons), Water (Aquarendi, Aquatic Races, Arctic),
- Monk Ways – Drunken Master (xge33, Alchemy), Elements – Air (Agriculture, Air) / Earth (Agriculture),
- Paladin Oaths – Thunder (Agriculture, Air),
- Sorcerer Origins – Draconic Bloodline – Air (Agriculture, Air) / Earth (Agriculture), Elemental Essence – Air (Agriculture, Air) / Earth (Agriculture), Storm Sorcery (Agriculture, Air),
- Warlock Pacts – Genie Lord – Air (Agriculture, Air) / Earth (Agriculture),
- Wizard Traditions – Elementalist – Air (Agriculture, Air) / Earth (Agriculture),
- Charter Feats – Elemental Adept (ph166, Agriculture, Air), Negotiator (Agriculture, Air), Survivor (Agriculture, Air),
- Immortals of Energy (8) – Ninsum (Hierarch 35, Agriculture), Razud (Hierarch 31, Alphatian Empire), Heimdall (Eternal 30, Aesirs), Madarua (Eternal 26, Aesirs, Amazons), Mealiden (Empyreal 23, Adventure, Alfheim), Saturnius (Empyreal 20, Adventure), Zirchev (Celestial 17, Animals), Alphatia (Celestial 16, Alphatian Empire), Iliric (Temporal 8, Ambition),
- Immortals of Entropy (3) – Pharamond (Hierarch 32, Ambition), Aracne Prime (Temporal 8, Aranea), Stodos (Initiate 6, Arctic),
- Immortals of Matter (5) – Terra (Hierarch 36, Agriculture), Polunius (Eternal 25, Architecture), Wayland (Empyreal 24, Armourer), Faunus (Temporal 11, Animals), Forsetta (Temporal 7, Aesirs),
- Immortals of Thought (15) – Odin (Hierarch 36, Aesirs, Air), Air Elemaster (Hierarch 33, Aerial Races, Air), Korotiku (Hierarch 32, Aranea), Thor (Eternal 29, Aesirs), Ninfangle (Eternal 26, Adventure), Sinbad (Eternal 25, Adventure), Eiryndul (Empyreal 20, Adventure), Halav (Celestial 17, Armourer), Freyja (Celestial 14, Abundance, Aesirs), Frey (Celestial 13, Aesirs, Agriculture), Palartarkan (Temporal 11, Air, Alphatian Empire, Ar, Astrology, Astronomy), Ralon (Temporal 9, Agriculture), Arnelee (Temporal 8, Adventure, Aesirs), Nob Nar (Initiate 4, Adventure), Turmis (Initiate 1, Adventure),
- Immortals of Time (6) – Simurgh (Eternal 26, Aerial Races), Calitha (Celestial 18, Aquarendi, Aquatic Races), Brindorhin (Celestial 14, Abundance), Hymir (Celestial 13, Alchemy), Tiresias (Temporal 9, Astrology), Tourlain (Temporal 8, Anarchy),
Celestials of Mystara (Council)
All Immortals of Celestial Rank in Mystara are part of the Celestials of Mystara Council. It is run by the five immortals of rank 18, one from each sphere.
- Chairs for Immortal Council – Arik (Entropy), Calitha (Time), Coberham (Energy), Diulanna (Thought), Opal (Matter)
- Immortals of Energy (6) – Coberham (Celestial 18), Zirchev (Celestial 17), Alphatia (Celestial 16), Guidarezzo (Celestial 15), Mahmatti (Celestial 14), Minroth (Celestial 13),
- Immortals of Entropy (6) – Arik (Celestial 18), Slizzark (Celestial 17), Ranivorus (Celestial 16), Idris (Celestial 15), Danel (Celestial 14), Yagrai (Celestial 13)
- Immortals of Matter (6) – Opal (Celestial 18), Tahkati (Celestial 17), Infaust (Celestial 16), Hattani (Celestial 15), The Eternal General (Celestial 14), Garl (Celestial 13)
- Immortals of Thought (4) – Diulanna (Celestial 18), Halav (Celestial 17), Cretia (Celestial 16), Malinois (Celestial 15), Freyja (Celestial 14), Frey (Celestial 13),
- Immortals of Time (3) – Calitha (Celestial 18), Petra (Celestial 17), Ahmanni (Celestial 16), Malafor (Celestial 15), Brindorhin (Celestial 14), Hymir (Celestial 13),
Sphere of Entropy (Council)
- Core Immortals –
- Charter Patrons –
- Charter Domains – Ambition (Ambition), Arcana (Aranea), Water (Arctic),
- Charter Secret Crafts – Bureauologist (Ambition), Diplomologist (Ambition), Entertainologist (Ambition), Shapeologist (Aranea), Waterologist (Arctic),
- Immortals of Entropy (3) – Pharamond (Hierarch 32, Ambition), Aracne Prime (Temporal 8, Aranea), Stodos (Initiate 6, Arctic),
- Scorpionfolk (F59) – Worship this Immortal in the Hollow World.
Game Master Section – Yagrai
Note: This section cannot be referenced by players in my campaigns.
Yagrai – Celestial of Entropy (13)
Was Temporal of Entropy (12)
- Sourcebooks: Wrath of the Immortals Book One (0e-wi-bs1 41), Hollow World – Dungeon Masters Sourcebook (0e-hw-dms 118), Vaults of Pandius (web-vop)
- Alignment: Neutral
- Portfolio: humanoids (especially hobgoblins and orcs), obstinacy and tenacity, death and necromancy
- Other Names: He-Who-Always-Rises
- Sponsor: Hel
- Artefacts: Black longsword of Yagrai
Allies of Yagrai
Enemies of Yagrai
- Coberham (10) Temporal of Energy
Sponsorship Hierarchy – Entropy
- Sponsorship of the Entropy Sphere
- Hel (36) Hierarch of Entropy.
- Thanatos (35) Hierarch of Entropy.
- Alphaks (20) Empyreal of Entropy
- Arik (18) Celestial of Entropy
- Harrow (11) Temporal of Entropy moved from Thought (11)
- Atzanteotl (31) Hierarch of Entropy.
- Bachraeus (19) Empyreal of Entropy
- Demogorgon (30) Eternal of Entropy.
- Loki (30) Hierarch of Entropy.
- Orcus (26) Eternal of Entropy
- Ouranos (34) Hierarch of Entropy moved from Energy (35)
- Pharamond (32) Hierarch of Entropy moved from Energy
- Qywattz (21) Empyreal of Entropy moved from Thought (20)
- Ranivorus (16) Celestial of Entropy
- Loup (9) Temporal of Entropy moved from Thought (9)
- Talitha (25) Eternal of Entropy
History: Yagrai was a humanoid, even if it wasn’t written if he was a hobgoblin or a yellow orc, known by the name of Akkila-Khan. Departing together with the Great Horde of King Loark from Urzud, that was divided very soon by the supreme leader and together with his tribe headed decisively southwards, with the intension of creating a dominion complementing his. Invading the Ethengar Steppes in 1720 BC, conquering them thanks to the tenacity and the superior weapons of his people. Following the Ethengar nomads starting to rebel against the invaders, and in 1711 BC also arriving in the steppes the Horde of Loark, to which Akkila-Khan was allied for crushing the Ethengar insurrection. In 1709 BC however, Akkila-Khan betrayed King Loark conspiring with the Ethengarians in exchange for the land to the west of Dol-Anur. The Great Horde was therefore defeated in the battle of Chongor and was scattered, colonised the neighbouring western lands (not yet broken). In 1891 BC also Baka (a very influential tribal head among the Ethengarians) betrayed Akkila-Khan for usurping his position, he fled with his humanoids and finished by building a fortress on the northern border of the Broken Lands. From here he started to launch many raids against the people of the steppes, and became legendary for being revived from death numerous times and have always avenged his defeat (thanks to powerful magic items able to cure his wounds and regenerate him). Later, in 1688 BC there was no trace of him and he was believed dispersed. In truth, thanks to his indomitable tenacity and obstinacy (more than to his slight intelligence or mediocre combat ability) finally succeeding to become Immortal in the Sphere of Entropy and now acts as patron of all the humanoid races (embodying the unstoppable force of the humanoid nature), even if yellow orcs and hobgoblins have sought to monopolise the cult.
Personality: The characteristic of Yagrai is his determination. He has never been very intelligent or particularly strong, but has always achieved his objectives and is proud of this. He has an immodest vanity, and although having no particular plans, he is interested in his subjects only for receiving their admiration and praise. After his repeated deaths he has developed an obsession for necromancy and the spirits, that he has handed on to his followers.
Info on Yagrai to be discovered by Groups
- Davania (Yagrai)
Design Details – Yagrai
Classic D&D (BECMI) Stats
- Followers Alignment: Neutral and Chaotic
- Favoured weapon: broadsword (allowed all bludgeoning weapons)
- Clerics skills and powers: the clerics of Yagrai must have 12 death scars on the body (or must have been reduced to 1 hp at least 12 times in battle, surviving), that allows them to survive death. Indeed, if reduced to under 0 hp, must make a Wisdom test, and if successful instantly recover an amount of hp equal to the difference between their Wisdom value and the number rolled on a d20 (if this does not result in a positive number they die in 1d4 round); free resistance general skill
- Avenger skills and powers: +1 bonus to ST vs. Ray of Death and energy drain for every 10 death scars accumulated (cumulative, max +5)
D&D 3.5 Stats
- Domains: Entropy, Evil, Death, Will
- Preferred weapon: broadsword
Increased in Rank from 12 (Temporal) to 13 (Celestial)
Yagrai – Patron to Pantheon Links – This is to be the basis on who is in what Pantheon and why.
- Death (patron) added to the Darkness and Outcast pantheons.
- Death (patron) added to the Living patron group.
- Living (patron group) added to the Forest pantheon.
- 2021-09-26 – Gained Rank 13 and Title Celestial.
- 2021-09-18 – Added in design changes and Patron to Pantheon links to show where this Immortal features in the Pantheon.
- 2021-08-27 – Update to allies and enemies, added coberham to enemies. Updated layout.
- 2021-06-23 – Added information from session F59 and more linking of content.
Energy/Fire (31): Alphatia (16), Bartziluth (24), Bemarris (3), Benekander (1), Branden 11), Coberham (18), Fire Elemaster (33), Guidarezzo (15), Heimdall (30), Iliric (8), Ilsundal (34), Ixion (36), Madarua (26), Mazikeen (27), Mahmatti (14), Matin (19), Mealiden (23), Minroth (13), Ninsun (35), Patura (10), Pflarr (25), Rad (22), Rafiel (21), Raith (12), Rathanos (28), Razud (31), Saturnius (20), The Shaper (7), The Shining One (29), Zirchev (17), Zugzul (32)
Entropy/Darkness (35): Alphaks (20), Aracne Prime (6), Arik (18), Atzanteotl (31), Bachraeus (19), Bagni (24), Brissard (10), Danel (14), Demogorgon (29), Harrow (11), Hel (36), Hircismus (12), Idris (15), Jammudaru (5), Kallala (22), Kiranjo (7), Kythria (2), Loki (30), Loup (9), Macroblan (27), Marwdyn (4), Masauwu (28), Nyx (33), Orcus (26), Ouranos (34), Pharamond (32), Qywattz (21), Ranivorus (16), Ruaidhri (3), Saasskas (23), Slizzark (17), Stodos (6), Talitha (25), Thanatos (35), Yagrai (13)
Matter/Earth (34): Atruaghin (32), Buglore (9), Chiron (6), Diamond (21), Djaea (34), Earth Elemaster (33), Faunus (11), Forsetta (7), Garl (13), Ground (19), Hattani (15), Ilmarinen (20), Infaust (16), Ka (35), Kagyar (28), Land (27), Lokena (2), Lornasen (10), Maat (30), N’grath (29), Opal (18), Paarkum (8), Polunius (25), Pearl (12), Tahkati (17), Terra (36), The Eternal General (14), The Great One (26), The Korrigans (24), The Twelve Watches (4), Utnapishtim (23), Valerias (31), Wayland (24), Wogar (5)
Thought/Air (36): Air Elemaster (32), Arnelee (8), Asterius (28), Clebard (2), Cochere (12), Cretia (16), Diulanna (18), Eiryndul (20), Frey (13), Freyja (13), Gorm (22), Halav (17), Karaash (5), Kersy (21), Korotiku (32), Koryis (10), Malinois (15), Ninfangle (27), Nob Nar (5), Noumena (34), Odin (36), Orisis (19), Palartarkan (11), Palson (4), Pax (35), Ralon (9), Sinbad (25), Soubrette (24), Ssu-Ma (23), Tarastia (30), Taroyas (6), Thalia (31), Thor (29), Turmis (1), Urtson (7), Usamigaras (27)
Time/Water (33): Al-Kalim (3), Ahmanni (14), Bastet (22), Brindorhin (14), Calitha (18), Carnelian (11), Chardastes (24), Crakkak (10), Finidel (7), Fugit (30), Gorrziok (25), Hymir (13), Khoronus (36), Liena (1), Luca (12), Malafor (15), Oleyan (6), Ordana (31), Petra (17), Protius (29), Raven (21), Sharpcrest (19), Simurgh (19), Skuld (34), Tiresias (9), Tourlain (8), Tyche (28), Urd (32), Vanya (23), Vethandi (35), Water Elemaster (33), Yav (20), Zalaj (27)
This site is constantly under revision, no blog posts are final as this is a work in progress place for me to develop my game settings and rules. Some posts might be placeholders for future content, so feel free to check back later for updated information.