Dungeons and Dragons – Mystara Immortals
Noumena – Sphere of Thought
Master of Enigmas and Arcane Mysteries, News
- Patron – Investigation, Knowledge, Logic, Magic, Memory, Mysteries, Puzzles, Strategy, Tactics.
- Patron and Title Keywords – Enigmas, Fun, Corruptors (Cunning)
- Hierarchs pantheon only – Sphere of Thought (Hierarch)
- Thought pantheon only – Sphere of Thought (Hierarch)
- Dragonkin (Master of Enigmas and Arcane Mysteries) Due to Patron of Enigmas
- Elven (Master of Enigmas and Arcane Mysteries) Due to Patron of Fun
- Halfling (Master of Enigmas and Arcane Mysteries) Due to Patron of Cunning, Enigmas and Fun.
- Traladaran (Noumena)
- Alphatian Empire (Master of Enigmas and Arcane Mysteries) Due to Patron of Corruptors (Cunning).
- Land Guilds (News)
- Assembly (Noumena) Due to being an Immortal of Mystara.
Appearance: A elderly, emaciated man, with incipient baldness, a long grey beard, wearing a long dark robe that leaves exposed only hands and head.
Game Master Section
Noumena – Hierarch of Thought (34)
- Sourcebooks: Wrath of the Immortals Book One – Codex of the Immortals (wi-b1-28), Vaults of Pandius (vop)
- Alignment: Neutral
- Portfolio: Games, Puzzles, Knowledge, memory, magic, mysteries, enigmas, cunning, tactics, strategy and logic
- Other Names: Master of Enigmas and Arcane Mysteries, Cheimos, Kepher, Mimir, News, Nian-Mai Si-Xiang
- Sponsor: Odin
- Artefacts: Rapier of Noumena
Allies of Noumena
Assists (can also be assisted by)
- Coberham (10) Temporal of Energy
Enemies of Noumena
Sponsorship Hierarchy – Thought
- Sponsorship of the Thought Sphere
- Air Elemaster (33) Hierarch of Thought
- Korotiku (32) Hierarch of Thought
- Ahmanni (14) Celestial of Thought moved to Time (16)
- Asterius (27) Eternal of Thought
- Clebard (2) Initiate of Thought
- Cochere (12) Temporal of Thought
- Cretia (16) Celestial of Thought
- Diulanna (18) Celestial of Thought
- Karaash (5) Initiate of Thought
- Eiryndul (20) Empyreal of Thought moved from Energy (20)
- Harrow (11) Temporal of Thought moved to Entropy (11)
- Loup (9) Temporal of Thought moved to Entropy (9)
- Malinois (16) Celestial of Thought
- Palartarkan (11) Temporal of Thought moved from Energy (12)
- Ralon (9) Temporal of Thought
- Soubrette (24) Empyreal of Thought
- Ssu-Ma (23) Empyreal of Thought
- Turmis (1) Initiate of Thought
- Odin (36) Hierarch of Thought
- Arnelee (8) Temporal of Thought
- Frey (13) Celestial of Thought
- Freyja (14) Celestial of Thought
- Halav (17) Celestial of Thought
- Ninfangle (26) Eternal of Thought (26) Moved from Matter (27)
- Noumena (34) Hierarch of Thought
- Palson (3) Initiate of Thought
- Orisis (19) Empyreal of Thought
- Tarastia (30) Eternal of Thought moved from Energy (30)
- Taroyas (6) Initiate of Thought moved from Time (6)
- Thor (29) Eternal of Energy. moved to Thought (29)
- Gorm (22) Empyreal of Thought moved from Energy (19)
- Usamigaras (27) Eternal of Energy moved to Thought (27)
- Pax (35)
- Kersy (21) Empyreal of Thought
- Koryis (10) Temporal of Thought
- Urtson (7) Temporal of Thought moved from Matter (12)
- Thalia (31) Hierarch of Thought from Energy
- Qywattz (20) Empyreal of Thought moved to Entropy (21)
- Sinbad (25) Eternal of Thought
- Nob Nar (4) Initiate of Thought
- Tyche (28) Eternal of Thought (28) moved to Time (28)
History: During the decline of the Empire of Nithia, Kepher (the mortal name of Noumena) was an endowed Pharaoh of great intelligence and tactical acumen, that it lived through the VII century BC and led his people to achieve great conquests. However, he became more and more detached from the political matters of his kingdom since he was much more interested in revealing the mysteries and the enigmas that encircled him. So tired and annoyed he became of his role, that one day he abdicated in favour of a grandson and travelled the world looking for new mysteries to unveil. Following a series of clues, nhe was finally led back to Nithia, where he discovered that his people were slowly slipping towards decadence and corruption. Although he did not care about the fate of the Nithians (thinking that anyone who willingly embraces dissolution earns its demise), he nevertheless was interested in discovering the reason of this sudden decay of the Nithian customs and moral, since no internal event seemed to justify it. Through further research he discovered that a group of Entropic Immortals was conspiring in order to destroy Nithia. During his adventures he always prayed his patron Amon (Odin) to guide and enlighten him, and Odin grew so fond of his wits and resourcefulness that he eventually pushed Kepher on the road towards immortality. Kepher was therefore chosen by Pflarr and Rathanos on Odin’s advice to guide the Nithians that were transferred in the Hollow World in order to save them from Nithia’s downfall. Once in charge of the new Nithia, Kepher had to endure a civil war caused by the priests of Rathanos and Pflarr, who tried to affirm the superiority of one’s deity over the other. Kepher was skilful and quick enough in discovering the Entropic artefact that had triggered the unexpected fight between the two factions and succeeded in destroying it at the cost of his own life, preserving the stability of the new Kingdom of Nithia. The heroic deed was rewarded by Odin with immortality in BC 460, since he considered Kepher’s path of the Epic Hero concluded with that grand finale. From that moment Noumena concentrated his efforts to hide the secrets of the Nithians on the outer world so that they could not corrupt the future civilisations. He also wanted to guard all the dark lore that could put in danger the Multiverse. For this reason, he promoted the creation of various secret sects all over the world, with the purpose of creating an elite of thinkers and sages that could unveil and guard the more powerful and esoteric secrets of the mortals. This is how the sect of the Illuminati was created, and still today it has numerous adepts all over the world who worship Noumena under various names (Cheimos, Kepher and News among them).
Personality: Noumena has risen through the Immortal ranks thanks to his passion for mysteries, which pushed him to undertake dangerous quests in all the Multiverse. He is a permanent member of the Council of Intrusion, and carefully watches all the strange events happening in the universe, often discovering important phenomena that other immortals had overseen. Noumena is cold and detached and shows little interest in the fate of the mortals, unless they prove vital for the resolution of an enigma. He is often meditative and silent, maintaining a low profile that leads many Immortals to underestimate him. However, whenever he speaks publicly, everyone pays attention, since that means that some great mystery is about to be revealed. Noumena is the investigator of the mysteries of the universe, constantly looking for new food for his hungry brain, and thanks to this curiosity of him he was able to acquire so much power in such a short time since his ascension. Since he is mostly a loner in his quests, he does not have particular allies besides his patron Odin (which added him in the Norse pantheon under the identity of Mimir), although he likes the intelligence and love for details of Ssu-Ma. For the same reason he neither possesses sworn enemies, but he changes targets frequently depending on which plots he discovers during his investigations.
Info on Noumena to be discovered by Groups
- Nitian (Kepher)
- Norwold (Mimir)
- Ochalean (Nian-Mai Si-Xang)
- Savage Coast (Cheimos)
Classic D&D (BECMI) Stats
- Followers Alignment: any
- Favoured weapon: none (allowed all bludgeoning weapons)
- Clerics skills and powers: +1 bonus to Intelligence; Detect secret doors and hidden passages (1-3 on d6); free general skills Hear Noise (as thief of same level) and Spot
D&D 3.5 Stats
- Domains: Thought, Knowledge, Magic, Will
- Preferred weapon: light mace
Changed Games into Fun.
Noumena – Patron to Pantheon Links – This is to be the basis on who is in what Pantheon and why.
- Cunning (patron) added to the Halfling pantheon.
- Cunning (patron) added to the Corruptors patron group.
- Enigmas (patron) added to the Dragonkin and Halfling pantheon.
- Fun (patron) added to the Elven and Halfling pantheons.
- Corruptors (patron group) added to the Alphatian Empire pantheon.
- Hierarch (title) added to the Hierarchs pantheon.
- Sphere of Thought (title group) added to Thought pantheon.
- 2021-09-16 – Added in design changes and Patron to Pantheon links to show where this Immortal features in the Pantheon
- 2021-08-27 – Added Coberham to allies.
- 2021-08-19 – Update to allies and enemies.
The Gods: The Immortals Overview,
Energy/Fire (31): Alphatia (16), Bartziluth (24), Bemarris (3), Benekander (1), Branden 11), Coberham (18), Fire Elemaster (33), Guidarezzo (15), Heimdall (30), Iliric (8), Ilsundal (34), Ixion (36), Madarua (26), Mazikeen (27), Mahmatti (14), Matin (19), Mealiden (23), Minroth (13), Ninsun (35), Patura (10), Pflarr (25), Rad (22), Rafiel (21), Raith (12), Rathanos (28), Razud (31), Saturnius (20), The Shaper (7), The Shining One (29), Zirchev (17), Zugzul (32)
Entropy/Darkness (35): Alphaks (20), Aracne Prime (6), Arik (18), Atzanteotl (31), Bachraeus (19), Bagni (24), Brissard (10), Danel (14), Demogorgon (29), Harrow (11), Hel (36), Hircismus (12), Idris (15), Jammudaru (5), Kallala (22), Kiranjo (7), Kythria (2), Loki (30), Loup (9), Macroblan (27), Marwdyn (4), Masauwu (28), Nyx (33), Orcus (26), Ouranos (34), Pharamond (32), Qywattz (21), Ranivorus (16), Ruaidhri (3), Saasskas (23), Slizzark (17), Stodos (6), Talitha (25), Thanatos (35), Yagrai (13)
Matter/Earth (34): Atruaghin (32), Buglore (9), Chiron (6), Diamond (21), Djaea (34), Earth Elemaster (33), Faunus (11), Forsetta (7), Garl (13), Ground (19), Hattani (15), Ilmarinen (20), Infaust (16), Ka (35), Kagyar (28), Land (27), Lokena (2), Lornasen (10), Maat (30), N’grath (29), Opal (18), Paarkum (8), Polunius (25), Pearl (12), Tahkati (17), Terra (36), The Eternal General (14), The Great One (26), The Korrigans (24), The Twelve Watches (4), Utnapishtim (23), Valerias (31), Wayland (24), Wogar (5)
Thought/Air (36): Air Elemaster (32), Arnelee (8), Asterius (28), Clebard (2), Cochere (12), Cretia (16), Diulanna (18), Eiryndul (20), Frey (13), Freyja (13), Gorm (22), Halav (17), Karaash (5), Kersy (21), Korotiku (32), Koryis (10), Malinois (15), Ninfangle (27), Nob Nar (5), Noumena (34), Odin (36), Orisis (19), Palartarkan (11), Palson (4), Pax (35), Ralon (9), Sinbad (25), Soubrette (24), Ssu-Ma (23), Tarastia (30), Taroyas (6), Thalia (31), Thor (29), Turmis (1), Urtson (7), Usamigaras (27)
Time/Water (33): Al-Kalim (3), Ahmanni (14), Bastet (22), Brindorhin (14), Calitha (18), Carnelian (11), Chardastes (24), Crakkak (10), Finidel (7), Fugit (30), Gorrziok (25), Hymir (13), Khoronus (36), Liena (1), Luca (12), Malafor (15), Oleyan (6), Ordana (31), Petra (17), Protius (29), Raven (21), Sharpcrest (19), Simurgh (19), Skuld (34), Tiresias (9), Tourlain (8), Tyche (28), Urd (32), Vanya (23), Vethandi (35), Water Elemaster (33), Yav (20), Zalaj (27)
This site is constantly under revision, no blog posts are final as this is a work in progress place for me to develop my game settings and rules. Some posts might be placeholders for future content, so feel free to check back later for updated information.
Follow My Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox. For managing your subscriptions see Subscription Information.