Dungeons and Dragons – Mystara Immortals
N’grath – Sphere of Matter
- Patron – Hordes, Power, Slyness, Strength. Warfare (Conquest)
- Ancient Ones pantheon only – Sphere of Time (Ancient)
- Eternals pantheon only – Sphere of Matter (Eternal)
- Matter pantheon only – Sphere of Matter (Eternal)
- Alphatian Empire (The Horde) Due to Patron of Conquest.
- Thyatian Empire (The Horde) Due to Patron of Warfare group (Conquest).
- Ancient Ones (N’grath) Due to Rank of Ancient.
Appearance: an enormous heap of insect-like stone creatures that extends for about a hundred metres.
Game Master Section
N’grath – Eternal of Matter (29)
- Sourcebooks: Vaults of Pandius (vop)
- Alignment: Lawful
- Portfolio: horde, power, strength, conquest, slyness
- Other Names: The Horde
- Sponsor: Earth Elemaster
- Artefacts: Stone Insect of N’grath
- Earth Elemaster
Sponsorship Hierarchy – Matter
- Sponsorship of the Matter Sphere
- Earth Elemaster (33) Hierarch of Matter
- Ouranos (35) Hierarch of Matter Moved to Entropy (34)
- Terra (36) Hierarch of Matter
- Buglore (9) Temporal of Matter
- Djaea (34) Hierarch of Matter
- Infaust (16) Celestial of Matter
- Faunus (11) Temporal of Matter
- Chiron (6) Initiate of Matter
- Forsetta (7) Temporal of Matter
- Ka (35) Hierarch of Matter
- Bastet (16) Celestial of Matter moved to Time (22).
- Gorrziok (22) Empyreal of Matter moved to Time (25)
- Crakkak (10) Temporal of Matter moved to Time (10)
- Kagyar (28) Eternal of Matter
- Lokena (2) Initiate of Matter
- Lornasen (10) Temporal of Matter moved from Energy (7)
- Ninfangle (27) Eternal of Matter (27) Moved to Thought (26)
- Wogar (5) Initiate of Matter
- Tahkati (17) Celestial of Matter moved from Energy (17)
- Utnapishtim (23) Empyreal of Matter
- Land (27) Eternal of Matter
- Maat (30) Eternal of Matter
- Macroblan (13) Celestial of Matter moved to Entropy (27)
- Malafor (18) Celestial of Matter moved to Time (15)
- The Great One (26) Eternal of Matter
- Urtson (12) Temporal of Matter moved to Thought (7)
- Terra (36) Hierarch of Matter
- Valerias (31) Hierarch of Matter
History: N’grath is an extremely ancient being, the first example of horde that appeared in the plane of Earth. The Lord of that plane studied their properties and evolution and when he understood that the hordes could reveal much profit for the expansion of the plane of Earth, he favoured their growth until, to control him, he decided to personally sponsor the rise of N’grath among the Immortals, in a way of being able to directly control the only mind that controlled the collectively of the horde (and for having an Immortal ally to use against Terra, who had recently ascended, in the case she was revealed as a dangerous rival). After his rise N’grath has long been a faithful aide of the Lord of the Earth, until Land became Immortal. This fact has slightly shaken the belief of N’grath, who until that moment had been considered pre-selected, the only one to have achieved Immortal status other than his lord and the “renegade” Terra. After having seen that also Land and Urtson (sponsored by the latter) had succeeded in the task and enjoyed greater freedom, N’grath began to brood in his soul a sense of oppression and envy in the struggles of the Earth Elemaster (who now has him absolutely side by side with Land!), convinced that these had always betrayed him and used him as a servant (although powerful) rather than his equal (and in effect was just like that). In the last centuries N’grath has therefore cleaned up a network of conspirators for attempting to supplant the Lord of the Earth and become the new dominator of that plane, clinching an alliance with the minor elemental lords and placed at the same time in the ear of his lord the seed of the possible betrayal on the part of Land (who after all had been supported by Terra), who instead has always faithfully served him and could reveal an obstacle on his road. Now he is only waiting for the opportune moment to rebel.
[Note: during IM1 N’grath tried to usurp the Lord of the Earth and the actions of the PC Immortals determined the results of his deeds.]
Personality: N’grath is a Machiavellian and heartless being, animated by a desire of extreme power. However he is also patient and calculating, and only makes his move at the opportune moment without risking nothing.
Information to be discovered by Groups
Classic D&D (BECMI) Stats
- Followers Alignment: Lawful or Neutral
- Favoured weapon: fist (permitted all bludgeoning weapons)
- Clerics skills and powers: +1 bonus to Strength, free resistance skill
D&D 3.5 Stats
- Domains: Matter, Law, Evil, Earth, Strength
- Preferred weapon: natural weapons (fist)
N’grath – Patron to Pantheon Links – This is to be the basis on who is in what Pantheon and why.
- Conquest (patron) added to the Alphatian Empire pantheon.
- Conquest (patron) added to the Warfare patron group.
- Warfare (patron group) added to the Thyatian Empire pantheon.
- Ancient (rank) added to the Ancient Ones pantheon.
- Eternal (rank) added to the Eternals pantheon.
- Sphere of Matter (rank group) added to Matter pantheon.
- 2021-09-17 – Added in design changes and Patron to Pantheon links to show where this Immortal features in the Pantheon.
- 2021-09-04 – Added name The Horde and moved into the Thyatian pantheon. Added th War domain.
Energy/Fire (31): Alphatia (16), Bartziluth (24), Bemarris (3), Benekander (1), Branden 11), Coberham (18), Fire Elemaster (33), Guidarezzo (15), Heimdall (30), Iliric (8), Ilsundal (34), Ixion (36), Madarua (26), Mazikeen (27), Mahmatti (14), Matin (19), Mealiden (23), Minroth (13), Ninsun (35), Patura (10), Pflarr (25), Rad (22), Rafiel (21), Raith (12), Rathanos (28), Razud (31), Saturnius (20), The Shaper (7), The Shining One (29), Zirchev (17), Zugzul (32)
Entropy/Darkness (35): Alphaks (20), Aracne Prime (6), Arik (18), Atzanteotl (31), Bachraeus (19), Bagni (24), Brissard (10), Danel (14), Demogorgon (29), Harrow (11), Hel (36), Hircismus (12), Idris (15), Jammudaru (5), Kallala (22), Kiranjo (7), Kythria (2), Loki (30), Loup (9), Macroblan (27), Marwdyn (4), Masauwu (28), Nyx (33), Orcus (26), Ouranos (34), Pharamond (32), Qywattz (21), Ranivorus (16), Ruaidhri (3), Saasskas (23), Slizzark (17), Stodos (6), Talitha (25), Thanatos (35), Yagrai (13)
Matter/Earth (34): Atruaghin (32), Buglore (9), Chiron (6), Diamond (21), Djaea (34), Earth Elemaster (33), Faunus (11), Forsetta (7), Garl (13), Ground (19), Hattani (15), Ilmarinen (20), Infaust (16), Ka (35), Kagyar (28), Land (27), Lokena (2), Lornasen (10), Maat (30), N’grath (29), Opal (18), Paarkum (8), Polunius (25), Pearl (12), Tahkati (17), Terra (36), The Eternal General (14), The Great One (26), The Korrigans (24), The Twelve Watches (4), Utnapishtim (23), Valerias (31), Wayland (24), Wogar (5)
Thought/Air (36): Air Elemaster (32), Arnelee (8), Asterius (28), Clebard (2), Cochere (12), Cretia (16), Diulanna (18), Eiryndul (20), Frey (13), Freyja (13), Gorm (22), Halav (17), Karaash (5), Kersy (21), Korotiku (32), Koryis (10), Malinois (15), Ninfangle (27), Nob Nar (5), Noumena (34), Odin (36), Orisis (19), Palartarkan (11), Palson (4), Pax (35), Ralon (9), Sinbad (25), Soubrette (24), Ssu-Ma (23), Tarastia (30), Taroyas (6), Thalia (31), Thor (29), Turmis (1), Urtson (7), Usamigaras (27)
Time/Water (33): Al-Kalim (3), Ahmanni (14), Bastet (22), Brindorhin (14), Calitha (18), Carnelian (11), Chardastes (24), Crakkak (10), Finidel (7), Fugit (30), Gorrziok (25), Hymir (13), Khoronus (36), Liena (1), Luca (12), Malafor (15), Oleyan (6), Ordana (31), Petra (17), Protius (29), Raven (21), Sharpcrest (19), Simurgh (19), Skuld (34), Tiresias (9), Tourlain (8), Tyche (28), Urd (32), Vanya (23), Vethandi (35), Water Elemaster (33), Yav (20), Zalaj (27)
This site is constantly under revision, no blog posts are final as this is a work in progress place for me to develop my game settings and rules. Some posts might be placeholders for future content, so feel free to check back later for updated information.