Dungeons and Dragons – Mystara
Clerical Domains – Tyranny
Domain of Tyranny – Overview
At heart, the Tyranny domain reflects the urge to impose one’s will on others. Expressions of tyranny can be found throughout the world, from the monarch whose word is law, to the powerful crime lord who takes control of a city’s underworld. Merchants who have a monopoly over a crucial commodity, a benevolent dictator whose good intentions mask intolerance for competing views, or even the conquering general who always looks ahead to the next nation to fall under her control are further representations and find appeal in serving gods who would strengthen their authority. The gods of tyranny send their clerics to support these individuals, to help them expand their dominions, and silence any opposition they might face.
- Secret Crafts:
- Spheres of Power: Entropy, Time, Matter, Energy, Thought
Domain of Tyranny – Pantheons
- Pantheons (Racial):
- Pantheons (Cultural):
- Alphatian Empire – Lady of Vengeance and Spite (see Idris), Lord of Madness (see Ranivorus), Lord of Oppression (see Alphaks), Lord of Pain (see Hircismus), Lord of Snakes and Poison (see Bachraeus), Lord of Wolves and Predators (see Wogar), Prince of Nightmares (see Jammudaru), Queen of Treachery and Vice (see Talitha)
- Land Guilds – Guthbrand (see The Eternal General), Talitha
- Norse – Leptar (see Hircismus)
- Ocean Guilds – The Destroyer (see Saasskas), The One Who Waits in Ambush (see Slizzark)
- Outcast – Jammudaru, Karaash, Leptar (see Hircismus), Protector of Humanoids (see Idris), Wogar, Yeenoghu (see Ranivorus)
- Shadowlands – The Lurker (see Slizzark)
- Thyatian Empire – The Eternal General, The Inquisitor (see Vanya), The Roaring Demon (see Alphaks), The Wolfrider (see Wogar)
- Ylari – Bachraeus
- Pantheons (Elemental)
Domain of Tyranny – Spells
|1||charm person, command|
|3||hold person, suggestion|
|5||bestow curse, fear|
|9||dominate person, hold monster|
Domain of Tyranny – Features
- (1st) Bonus Proficiencies – At 1st level, you gain proficiency with martial weapons and heavy armor.
- (1st) Blessing of the Tyrant – Starting when you choose this domain at 1st level, you can use your action to touch a willing creature other than yourself to give it advantage on Charisma (Intimidation) checks. The blessing lasts for 1 hour or until you use this feature again.
- (2nd) Channel Divinity – Invoke Authority – Beginning at 2nd level, you can use your Channel Divinity to impose your will on other creatures.
- As an action, you present your holy symbol and channel divine authority at one creature you can see within 60 feet of you. Constructs are immune to this effect. The target creature must make a Wisdom saving throw. On a success, the creature becomes immune to this effect until you finish a long rest. On a failure, the creature becomes compelled until the start of your next turn. While compelled, when the creature takes its next turn, you can tell it what to do on its turn, deciding how it moves and uses an action. If the creature refuses, it takes psychic damage equal to 1d6 + half your level.
- (6th) Channel Divinity – Fear the Tyrant – Starting at 6th level, you can use your Channel Divinity to fill an enemy attacking you with dread.
- As a reaction, when a creature you can see attacks you, it has disadvantage on its attack roll. If the attack misses, the creature becomes frightened until the end of its next turn. Creatures that cannot be frightened are immune to this effect.
- (8th) Divine Strike – At 8th level, you gain the ability to infuse your weapon strikes with divine energy. Once on each of your turns when you hit a creature with a weapon attack, you can cause the attack to deal an extra 1d8 damage to the target of the same type normally dealt by the weapon. When you reach 14th level, the extra damage increases to 2d8.
- (17th) Unassailable Authority – At 17th level, you can use a bonus action to cast the command spell. You must still expend a slot as normal.
- In addition, creatures have disadvantage on saving throws against enchantment spells you cast.
Domain of Tyranny – GM Section
- Spheres: Energy (1/15), Entropy (9/143), Matter (2/19), Thought (1/6), Time (1/23)
Uncommon – Sphere of Entropy and Element of Darkness
- – Azcan Pantheon (Danel, Ixitxachitl)
- – Bellissarian Pantheon (Alphaks, Fukyuu Diashou – A)
- – Davania Pantheon (Creator of the Earthshaker – E)
- – Dwarven Pantheon (Earthshatter – E)
- – Hule Pantheon (Ranivorus)
- – Nithian Pantheon (Apophis)
- – Norwold Pantheon (Bane of Alphatia, Brissard, Ilnerval – A, Protector of Murderers)
- – Ochalean Pantheon (Ait-tha, Ba Pian-Shu, Heng Shang – E, Hong Tzu – A, Hul Da Zhi, Wong Ah – E)
- – Savage Coast Pantheon (Maglubiyer – E)
- – Serpent Peninsula Pantheon (Macroblan – E)
- 2021-08-20 – Update to layout, adding in missing content.
Bard: Entropy, Fey Magic, Glamour, Greenleaf, the Jester, Lore, Swords, Valour, Virtue, Whispers
Cleric: Air, Ambition, Apocalypse, Arcana, Balance, Beauty, Beer, Blood, Cats, Clockwork, Corruption, Creation, Darkness, Death, Dragon, Earth, Fire, Forge, Grave, Hunger, Hunt, Hunting, Justice, Knowledge, Labyrinth, Life, Light, Lust, Madness, Moon, Mountain, Nature, Oceans, Order, Prophecy, Repose, Solidarity, Speed, Strength, Tempest, Time, Travel, Trickery, Tyranny, Void, War, Water, Zeal
Fighter: Arcane Archer, Banneret, Battle Master, Cavalier, Champion, Clacking Mercenary, Edjet, Eldritch Knight, Ghost Knight, Griffon Knight, Hospitaller, Knight Surgeon, Samurai, Shield Bearer, Sword Dancer, Weapons Master, Woodlands Cavalier
Ranger: Beast Master, Explorer, Fey Hunter, Gloom Stalker, Hidden Guardian, Horizon Walker, Hunter, Monster Slayer, Unicorn Charger, Vampire Slayer, Zobecker Scout
Rogue: Arcane Trickster, Assassin, Duelist, Fixer, Inquisitive, Mastermind, Scout, Swashbuckler, Thief, Whisper
Sorcerer: Bloodlines (Draconic, Dryad, Lycanthrope, Mazeborn, Nerid, Norn, Nymph, Satyr, Serophage, Shadow), Divine Inspiration, Divine Soul, Elemental Essence, Pyromancer, Runechild, Shadow Magic, Storm Sorcery, Wild Magic
Wizard: Angelic Scribe, Bladesinger, Doom Croaker, Dragon Masks, Elementalist, Geomancy, Necrophagy, Ring Warden, Schools (Abjuration, Artifice, Blood Magic, Clockwork, Conjuration, Divination, Elven High Magic, Enchantment, Entropy, Evocation, Illumination, Illusion, Necromancy, Transmutation, Void Magic), Timekeeper, War Mage
D&D Menu – Adventures, Artefacts, Backgrounds, Classes, Dominions, Downtime, Feats, Gazetteers, Gods, Magical Items, Organisations, Pantheons, Races, Ranks & Titles, Rune Magic, Secret Crafts, Settlements, Spells, Timeline, Weapons Mastery
Class Builds – Barbarian – Totem Warrior (Ethegnarian), Totem Warrior (Heldannic), Bard – College of Valour (Sunfey), Druid – Circle of Dreams (Woodfey), Fighter – Battlemaster (Seashire), Eldritch Knight (Kerendan), Weapons Master (Makai), Weapons Master (Stonebound), Monk – Way of the Elements (Waterchild), Paladin – Oath of Radiance (Sunfey), Oath of Vengeance (Firechild), Sorcerer – Wild Magic (Shadowfey), Warlock – Celestial (Sunfey), Wizard – Bladesinger (Seasonfey), Dragon – White. Multiclass – Cleric/Wizard (Ethengarian), Rogue/Cleric (Atruaghin), Rogue/Sorcerer (Seashire), Wizard/Rogue (Traladaran)
Floorplans – Thyatian
Session Recordings – Campaign Journals
This site is constantly under revision, no blog posts are final as this is a work in progress place for me to develop my game settings and rules. Some posts might be placeholders for future content, so feel free to check back later for updated information.
Follow My Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox. For managing your subscriptions see Subscription Information.