Dungeons and Dragons – Mystara
Clerical Domains – Water
Domain of Water – Overview
Few clerics are granted powers that encompass elements that are simultaneously fundamental to the flourishing of life and capable of wiping away all traces that life was once there. Water takes many forms; so too do the powers granted to clerics of this domain. A cleric devoted to a god with dominion over water can call to hand the force of a rushing river current, summon the relentless, crashing power of the tides, or conjure the bitter cold of a blizzard. Clerics with this domain can summon or vanish into blinding mists, walk across the bottom of a lake without harm, and harness the catastrophic power of a flood. Many different deities grant the powers of the water domain to their followers: gods of the sea, gods of the rain and snow, and gods of rivers, lakes, and streams.
- Secret Crafts: Waterologist
- Spheres of Power – Time
Domain of Water – Pantheons
- Pantheons (Racial):
- Pantheons (Cultural):
- Alphatian Empire – Lady of the Seas (see Calitha), Sovereign of the Oceans and Water (see Protius), Sovereign of Water (see Water Elemaster)
- Land Guilds Al-Kalim, Old Man of the Sea (see Protius)
- Norse – Hymir
- Ocean Guilds – Calithia
- Outcast – Aegir (see Hymir)
- Thyatian Empire – The Peacemaker (see Al-Kalim), The Rootmaker (see Calitha), The Spuming Nooga (see Protius), The Squid Slayer (see Sharpcrest)
- Ylari – Guardian of Time (see Protius), Holy Prophet of the Eternal Truth (see Al-Kalim), The Seven Veils (see Kallala)
- Pantheons (Elemental):
- Radiance (fire) – Water Elemaster
Domain of Water – Spells
|1||create or destroy water, fog cloud|
|3||blur, misty step|
|5||sleet storm, water breathing|
|7||conjure minor elementals, control water|
|9||conjure elemental, cone of cold|
Domain of Water – Features
- (1st) Relentless as the Tides – When you choose this domain at 1st level, you gain proficiency with heavy armor. Additionally, wearing heavy armor does not affect your ability to swim or encumber your movement in water.
- (1st) Destructive as the Flood – Also starting at 1st level, your damaging spells are more effective. Whenever you roll damage for a cleric spell of 1st level or higher, add your Wisdom modifier to the damage (minimum of 1)
- (2nd) Channel Divinity – Crashing Waves – Starting at 2nd level, you can use your Channel Divinity to summon the power of the crashing waves to strike at your enemies.
- When you hit an enemy with a melee weapon attack, you can use your Channel Divinity as a bonus action to cause a wave of divine power to wash out over each enemy you choose that is within 10 feet of the target of the attack. For each of those creatures, if the attack roll of the weapon attack equals or exceeds that creature’s Armor Class, that creature takes bludgeoning damage equal to the weapon’s damage die + your Wisdom modifier (plus any extra damage gained from the Divine Strike feature once you reach 8th level).
- (6th) Placid as the Land – Beginning at 6th level, when you are charmed, you can use your action to end the effect that is causing you to be charmed.
- (8th) Divine Strike – At 8th level, you gain the ability to infuse your weapon strikes with divine energy. Once on each of your turns when you hit a creature with a weapon attack, you can cause the attack to deal an extra 1d8 bludgeoning damage to the target. When you reach 14th level, the extra damage increases to 2d8.
- (17th) Untouchable as the Mists – Starting at 17th level, you are permanently under the effects of the water breathing spell, and whenever you cast one of your domain spells, you gain resistance to bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing damage until the end of your next turn.
Domain of Water – GM Section
- Spheres of Power (#/Pow) – Time – Water (7/120)
Common – Sphere of Time and Element of Water
This sections is still under construction.
- Pantheons (Unknown)
- Davania – Manadyn (see Protius)
- Milenia – Taroyas
- Neathar – Ahti (see Protius)
- Nithian – Nithys (see Protius)
- Norwold – Protius
- Ocean – Kallala, Manwara (see Protius), Sharpcrest, Tallivai (see Calithia)
- Olympian Pantheon – Zeus (see Taroyas)
- 2021-08-20 – Update to layout and menu. Adding in spells and features.
Bard: Entropy, Fey Magic, Glamour, Greenleaf, the Jester, Lore, Swords, Valour, Virtue, Whispers
Cleric: Air, Ambition, Apocalypse, Arcana, Balance, Beauty, Beer, Blood, Cats, Clockwork, Corruption, Creation, Darkness, Death, Dragon, Earth, Fire, Forge, Grave, Hunger, Hunt, Hunting, Justice, Knowledge, Labyrinth, Life, Light, Lust, Madness, Moon, Mountain, Nature, Oceans, Order, Prophecy, Repose, Solidarity, Speed, Strength, Tempest, Time, Travel, Trickery, Tyranny, Void, War, Water, Zeal
Fighter: Arcane Archer, Banneret, Battle Master, Cavalier, Champion, Clacking Mercenary, Edjet, Eldritch Knight, Ghost Knight, Griffon Knight, Hospitaller, Knight Surgeon, Samurai, Shield Bearer, Sword Dancer, Weapons Master, Woodlands Cavalier
Ranger: Beast Master, Explorer, Fey Hunter, Gloom Stalker, Hidden Guardian, Horizon Walker, Hunter, Monster Slayer, Unicorn Charger, Vampire Slayer, Zobecker Scout
Rogue: Arcane Trickster, Assassin, Duelist, Fixer, Inquisitive, Mastermind, Scout, Swashbuckler, Thief, Whisper
Sorcerer: Bloodlines (Draconic, Dryad, Lycanthrope, Mazeborn, Nerid, Norn, Nymph, Satyr, Serophage, Shadow), Divine Inspiration, Divine Soul, Elemental Essence, Pyromancer, Runechild, Shadow Magic, Storm Sorcery, Wild Magic
Wizard: Angelic Scribe, Bladesinger, Doom Croaker, Dragon Masks, Elementalist, Geomancy, Necrophagy, Ring Warden, Schools (Abjuration, Artifice, Blood Magic, Clockwork, Conjuration, Divination, Elven High Magic, Enchantment, Entropy, Evocation, Illumination, Illusion, Necromancy, Transmutation, Void Magic), Timekeeper, War Mage
D&D Menu – Adventures, Artefacts, Backgrounds, Classes, Dominions, Downtime, Feats, Gazetteers, Gods, Magical Items, Organisations, Pantheons, Races, Ranks & Titles, Rune Magic, Secret Crafts, Settlements, Spells, Timeline, Weapons Mastery
Class Builds – Barbarian – Totem Warrior (Ethegnarian), Totem Warrior (Heldannic), Bard – College of Valour (Sunfey), Druid – Circle of Dreams (Woodfey), Fighter – Battlemaster (Seashire), Eldritch Knight (Kerendan), Weapons Master (Makai), Weapons Master (Stonebound), Monk – Way of the Elements (Waterchild), Paladin – Oath of Radiance (Sunfey), Oath of Vengeance (Firechild), Sorcerer – Wild Magic (Shadowfey), Warlock – Celestial (Sunfey), Wizard – Bladesinger (Seasonfey), Dragon – White. Multiclass – Cleric/Wizard (Ethengarian), Rogue/Cleric (Atruaghin), Rogue/Sorcerer (Seashire), Wizard/Rogue (Traladaran)
Floorplans – Thyatian
Session Recordings – Campaign Journals
This site is constantly under revision, no blog posts are final as this is a work in progress place for me to develop my game settings and rules. Some posts might be placeholders for future content, so feel free to check back later for updated information.
Follow My Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox. For managing your subscriptions see Subscription Information.