Dungeons and Dragons – Mystara
Fighter Archetype – Weapons Master
Source: GM Created Content
They are the masters of weapon, focusing their study on improving their techniques and used in the gladiatorial pits of Thyatis City.
Trained in making the most out of weapons you gain the following benefits. You select this archetype at 3rd level. Your fighter and level proficiencies can be used for weapon options instead of increasing your proficiency.
Note: Stacks with Weapon Master feat.
- Secret Crafts: Weaponologist
- Locations: Darokin, Glantri, Ierendi, Karameikos, Thyatis, Ylaruam
- Races: Human (Hattian, Kerendan, Thyatian), Halfling (Eastshire)
- Skilled Weapon Use: (Weapons Master 3rd)
- All weapon proficiencies are now at skilled and you learn 1 new weapon option. (Previous weapon upgrades become options for those weapons, even though other character can’t take options until they are experts)
- Weapon Mastery (+1), increase the Base DC, number of attacks you can use deflect and AC bonus, number of rounds for knockout and stun, with by the level of Weapons Mastery.
- Can trigger two weapon effects useable with a bonus action with a single bonus action.
- You are considered proficient and can add your proficiency modifier to the Base DC roll.
- You can use expert weapon options on weapons with Skilled proficiency.
- Expert Weapon Use: (Weapons Master 7th)
- All weapon proficiencies are now at expert and you learn 1 new weapon option.
- Weapon Mastery (+2), increase the Base DC, number of attacks you can use deflect and AC bonus, number of rounds for knockout and stun, with by the level of Weapons Mastery.
- Can trigger three weapon effects usable with a bonus action with a single bonus action.
- (10th) Master Weapon Use: At 10th level receive the following:
- All weapon proficiencies are now at master and you learn 1 weapon option.
- Weapon Mastery (+3), increase the Base DC, number of attacks you can use deflect and AC bonus, number of rounds for knockout and stun, with by the level of Weapons Mastery.
- Can trigger all weapon effects usable with a bonus action with a single bonus action.
- (18th) Grand Master Weapon Use: At 18th level receive the following:
- All weapon proficiencies are now at grand master and you learn 1 weapon option.
- Weapon Mastery (+4), increase the Base DC, number of attacks you can use deflect and AC bonus, number of rounds for knockout and stun, with by the level of Weapons Mastery.
- Can consider each attack as a Crit, for the weapon options and qualities but not the damage multiplier if they hit but don’t crit.
This has gone through a few itterations. This one comes out the cleanest of them so far and I beleive it really shows a master of all weapons.
Bard: Entropy, Fey Magic, Glamour, Greenleaf, the Jester, Lore, Swords, Valour, Virtue, Whispers
Cleric: Air, Ambition, Apocalypse, Arcana, Balance, Beauty, Beer, Blood, Cats, Clockwork, Corruption, Creation, Darkness, Death, Dragon, Earth, Fire, Forge, Grave, Hunger, Hunt, Hunting, Justice, Knowledge, Labyrinth, Life, Light, Lust, Madness, Moon, Mountain, Nature, Oceans, Order, Prophecy, Repose, Solidarity, Speed, Strength, Tempest, Time, Travel, Trickery, Tyranny, Void, War, Water, Zeal
Fighter: Arcane Archer, Banneret, Battle Master, Cavalier, Champion, Clacking Mercenary, Edjet, Eldritch Knight, Ghost Knight, Griffon Knight, Hospitaller, Knight Surgeon, Samurai, Shield Bearer, Sword Dancer, Weapons Master, Woodlands Cavalier
Ranger: Beast Master, Explorer, Fey Hunter, Gloom Stalker, Hidden Guardian, Horizon Walker, Hunter, Monster Slayer, Unicorn Charger, Vampire Slayer, Zobecker Scout
Rogue: Arcane Trickster, Assassin, Duelist, Fixer, Inquisitive, Mastermind, Scout, Swashbuckler, Thief, Whisper
Sorcerer: Bloodlines (Draconic, Dryad, Lycanthrope, Mazeborn, Nerid, Norn, Nymph, Satyr, Serophage, Shadow), Divine Inspiration, Divine Soul, Elemental Essence, Pyromancer, Runechild, Shadow Magic, Storm Sorcery, Wild Magic
Wizard: Angelic Scribe, Bladesinger, Doom Croaker, Dragon Masks, Elementalist, Geomancy, Necrophagy, Ring Warden, Schools (Abjuration, Artifice, Blood Magic, Clockwork, Conjuration, Divination, Elven High Magic, Enchantment, Entropy, Evocation, Illumination, Illusion, Necromancy, Transmutation, Void Magic), Timekeeper, War Mage
D&D Menu – Adventures, Artefacts, Backgrounds, Classes, Dominions, Downtime, Feats, Gazetteers, Gods, Magical Items, Organisations, Pantheons, Races, Ranks & Titles, Rune Magic, Secret Crafts, Settlements, Spells, Timeline, Weapons Mastery
Class Builds – Artificer – Artillerist (Tinkerkin), Barbarian – Totem Warrior (Ethegnarian), Totem Warrior (Heldannic), Bard – College of Valour (Sunfey), Druid – Circle of Dreams (Woodfey), Circle of the Tree of Life (Seasonfey), Fighter – Battlemaster (Seashire), Eldritch Knight (Kerendan), Weapons Master (Makai), Weapons Master (Stonebound), Monk – Way of the Elements (Waterchild), Paladin – Oath of Radiance (Sunfey), Oath of Vengeance (Firechild), Sorcerer – Wild Magic (Shadowfey), Warlock – Celestial (Sunfey), Wizard – Bladesinger (Seasonfey), Dragon – White. Multiclass – Cleric/Wizard (Ethengarian), Rogue/Cleric (Atruaghin), Rogue/Sorcerer (Seashire), Wizard/Rogue (Traladaran)
Floorplans – Thyatian
Session Recordings – Campaign Journals
This site is constantly under revision, no blog posts are final as this is a work in progress place for me to develop my game settings and rules. Some posts might be placeholders for future content, so feel free to check back later for updated information.
Follow My Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox. For managing your subscriptions see Subscription Information.