Dungeons and Dragons – Mystara
Fighter Archetype – Weapons Master
They are the masters of weapon, focusing their study on improving their techniques and used in the gladiatorial pits of Thyatis City.
Trained in making the most out of weapons you gain the following benefits. You select this archetype at 3rd level. Your fighter and level proficiencies can be used for weapon options instead of increasing your proficiency.
Note: Stacks with Weapon Master feat.
- Secret Crafts: Weaponologist
- Locations: Darokin, Glantri, Ierendi, Karameikos, Thyatis, Ylaruam
- Races: Human (Hattian, Kerendan, Thyatian), Halfling (Eastshire)
- Proficiency Upgrade (Skilled) – Learn two weapons at skilled. Do this at each level until replaced at 7th.
- Weapon Mastery (+1), increase the Base DC
- Moment of Martial Brilliance – once per short rest, for one round, you can use a weapon as if its proficiency was one step higher. You can refresh this when using your action surge, second wind or takings a short rest.
- Proficiency Upgrade (Expert) – Upgrade one skilled weapon to expert and learn a weapon option for that weapon. If no weapon option available, upgrade another weapon one step towards expert. Do this at each level until replaced at 10th.
- Weapon Mastery (+2), increase the Base DC.
- Moment of Martial Brilliance – can now be used twice per short rest, lasting for two rounds each. You can activate two bonus actions related to weapons and two reactions also related to weapons. Your weapon options also work with weapons your skilled with.
- Proficiency Upgrade (Master) – Upgrade one expert weapon to master and learn a weapon option for that weapon. If no weapon option available, upgrade another weapon one step towards Master. Do this at each level until replaced at 18th.
- Weapon Mastery (+3), increase the Base DC.
- Moment of Martial Brilliance – can now be used three per short rest, lasting for three rounds each. You can activate three bonus actions related to weapons and three reactions also related to weapons. Your weapon options also work with weapons you can justify.
- Proficiency Upgrade – Upgrade one master weapon to grand master and learn a weapon option for that weapon. If no weapon option available, upgrade another weapon one step towards Grand Master. Do this at each level.
- Weapon Mastery (+4), increase the Base DC.
- Moment of Martial Brilliance – can now be used four per short rest, lasting for four rounds each. You can activate four bonus actions related to weapons and four reactions also related to weapons. Your weapon options also work with weapons you can justify.
This has gone through a few iterations. This one comes out the cleanest of them so far and I beleive it really shows a master of all weapons.
Weapons Master Version 1.0
- Skilled Weapon Use: (Weapons Master 3rd)
- All weapon proficiencies are now at skilled and you learn 1 new weapon option. (Previous weapon upgrades become options for those weapons, even though other character can’t take options until they are experts)
- Weapon Mastery (+1), increase the Base DC, number of attacks you can use deflect and AC bonus, number of rounds for knockout and stun, with by the level of Weapons Mastery.
- Can trigger two weapon effects useable with a bonus action with a single bonus action.
- You are considered proficient and can add your proficiency modifier to the Base DC roll.
- You can use expert weapon options on weapons with Skilled proficiency.
- Expert Weapon Use: (Weapons Master 7th)
- All weapon proficiencies are now at expert and you learn 1 new weapon option.
- Weapon Mastery (+2), increase the Base DC, number of attacks you can use deflect and AC bonus, number of rounds for knockout and stun, with by the level of Weapons Mastery.
- Can trigger three weapon effects usable with a bonus action with a single bonus action.
- (10th) Master Weapon Use: At 10th level receive the following:
- All weapon proficiencies are now at master and you learn 1 weapon option.
- Weapon Mastery (+3), increase the Base DC, number of attacks you can use deflect and AC bonus, number of rounds for knockout and stun, with by the level of Weapons Mastery.
- Can trigger all weapon effects usable with a bonus action with a single bonus action.
- (18th) Grand Master Weapon Use: At 18th level receive the following:
- All weapon proficiencies are now at grand master and you learn 1 weapon option.
- Weapon Mastery (+4), increase the Base DC, number of attacks you can use deflect and AC bonus, number of rounds for knockout and stun, with by the level of Weapons Mastery.
- Can consider each attack as a Crit, for the weapon options and qualities but not the damage multiplier if they hit but don’t crit.
- 2022-05-05 – Building an updated Weapons Master that is
Artificer: Alchemist, Armourer, Artillerist, Battle Smith, Bombardier, Engineer, Stitcher
Barbarian: Amber’s Enlightened, Ancestors, Ancestral Guardian, Battlerager, Beast, Beast Slayer, Bearsarker, Berserker, Carcharodon, Dreadnought, Fractured, Fungal Hulk, Harrier, Herculean, Juggernaut, Primal Spirit, Primordial Predator, Rager, Storm Herald, Tempest, Totem Warrior, Ulfhander, Wild Magic, Wizard Slayer, Zealot
Bard: Adventurers, Ancients, Creation, Eloquence, Entropy, Epic Poetry, Fey Magic, Glamour, Grace, Greenleaf, the Jester, Lore, Loremaster, Minstrel, Mirthful Mariarchi, Mountebank, Requiems, Singer of the Deeps, Spirits, Swords, Troubadour, Valour, Virtue, Warchanter, Whispers, Wyrdsingers
Cleric: Aberrance, Alhool Keener, Air, Ambition, Apocalypse, Arcana, Balance, Beauty, Beer, Blood, Cats, Chaos, City, Clockwork, Corruption, Crafts, Creation, Darkness, Death, Dragon, Earth, Eldritch, Enigma, Fire, Force, Forge, Grave, Healer, Hunger, Hunt, Hunting, Inquisition, Justice, Knowledge, Labyrinth, Law, Life, Light, Luck, Lust, Madness, Messiah of Ashes, Moon, Mountain, Mushroom, Naraneus, Nature, Nobility, Oceans, Oracle, Order, Peace, Prophecy, Repose, Sharing, Sickness, Solidarity, Speed, Strength, Sun Priest, Tempest, Time, Travel, Trickery, Twilight, Tyranny, Undeath, Void, War, Warpriest, Water, Winter, Zeal
Druid: Ancestors, Blood, Dreams, Feyfriend, the Forest Kingdom, Guardian, the Land, the Moon, Mushrooms, Mutation, Oaks, Owls, Roses, Sacrifice, the Shapeless and Prime Terror, the Shepherd, Skinchanger, Spirits, Stars, the Stones, the Tree of Life, Treespeaker, Wildfire
Fighter: Arcane Archer, Banneret, Battle Master, Bladebonded, Blind Duelist, Boarder, Brute, Bulwark Warrior, Captain, Cavalier, Champion, Clacking Mercenary, Duelist, Echo Knight, Edjet, Eldritch Knight, Fortune’s Smith, Gholaad’s Translation, Ghost Knight, Gladiator, Griffon Knight, Hoplite Soldier, Hospitaller, Knight, Knight Surgeon, Living Crucible, Living Vampire, Prescient Knight, Psi Warrior, Rune Knight, Samurai, Sapper, Sharpshooter, Shield Bearer, Smithkin, Sword Dancer, Thug, Weapons Master, Woodlands Cavalier
Marshal: Crusader, Gambling General, Guerrilla, Kingpin, Mindbender, Noble, Path (Master, Night, Reaper), Rallier, Reaver, Redeemer, Revolutionary, Strategist, Swift Strategist, Tactician, Talented Tactician, Tyrant, Warbringer
Monk: the Ascendant Dragon, the Astral Self, the Bo’faquan, the Crystal Cannonade, Brawler, the Cobalt Soul, the Drunken Master, the Elements, the Exalted Athlete, Iron, the Kensai, the Leaden Crown, the Long Death, Mercy, the Open Hand, Pain, Pride, Reaving Vortex, Shadow, the Shield, the Sun Soul, the Warrior Monk
Paladin: the Ancients, the Annihilator, the Ascetic, Battle, Conquest, the Crown, Despair, Destruction, Devotion, the Dragonlord, the Eagle, Elimination, the Errant, the Giving Grave, Glory, Green Knight, Holy Champion, Inquisitor, Mercy, Pearl, Pestilence, Perfection, the Radiance, the Raven, Redemption, Spear Maiden, Thunder, Vengeance, the Watchers, Zeal. Special – Oathbreaker
Ranger: Beast Master, Explorer, Fey Hunter, Fey Wanderer, Gloom Stalker, Green Reaper, Hidden Guardian, Horizon Walker, Horse Nomad, Hoyrall Shredder, Hunter, Monster Slayer, Netherworld, Explorer, Privateer, Swarmkeeper, Underminer, Unicorn Charger, Urban Shadow, Vampire Slayer, Vermin Lord, Warden, Wildborn, Zobecker Scout
Rogue: Arcane Trickster, Assassin, Burglar, Cutthroat, Duelist, Fixer, Highway Rider, Hitman, Infernal Talismancer, Inquisitive, Investigator, Mastermind, Misfortune Bringer, Odyssean, Phantom, Poisoner of Minds, Scout, Soulknife, Spy, Svirf Scientist, Swashbuckler, Thief, Trapsmith, Whisper
Scholar: Alchemy, Mind-Delving
Sorcerer: Aberrant Mind, Aristocratic, Ascendant, Bloodlines (Boreal, Draconic, Dryad, Enigma, Lycanthrope, Mazeborn, Nerid, Norn, Nymph, Satyr, Serophage, Shadow, Wretched), Clockwork Soul, Cunning Woman, Divine Inspiration, Divine Soul,, Draconist Elemental Essence, Facets (Flawless Caster, Gemblade), Farseer, Haunted, Psychic Magic, Pyromancer, Runechild, Shadow Magic, Soul Burner, Spore-cerer, Storm Sorcery, Traveler, Wild Magic
Underterror: Hel Savant, Slaver of the Damned, Underworld Monstrocity
Warlock: Alienist, Archfey, Archfiend, Black Woods, Celestial, Colloid, Diabolist, Fates, Fathomless, Fiend, First Vampire, Fragment Channeler of Zagnexis, Frozen One, the Genie, Genie Lord, Grand Void, Great Machine, Great Old One, Hexblade, Light Eater, Oracle, Parasite, Primeval One, Sargasso Siren, Sibyl, Spellbound, Undead, Undying, Voices of the Ancestors
Wizard: Academy Philosopher, Alkemancer, Angelic Scribe, Aquanaught, Arcane Specialist, Arcanist, Bladesinger, Blood Mage, Castellan, Chronury Magic, Demonologist, Disenchanter, Doom Croaker, Dragon Masks, Elementalist, Entropist, Geomancy, Graviturgy Magic, Illuminator, Mage, Master of Fiends, Mystifier, Necrophagy, Order of Scribes, Plague Doctor, Ring Warden, Rune Caller, Sangromancer, Schools (Abjuration, Artifice, Blood Magic, Clockwork, Conjuration, Divination, Elven High Magic, Enchantment, Entropy, Evocation, Illumination, Illusion, Necromancy, Pyromancer, Transmutation, Void Magic), Ship Mage, Timekeeper, Transgnomamist, War Mage, White Necromancer
D&D Menu – Adventures, Artefacts, Backgrounds, Classes, Dominions, Downtime, Feats, Gazetteers, Gods, Magical Items, Monsters, Organisations, Pantheons, Races, Ranks & Titles, Rune Magic, Secret Crafts, Settlements, Spells, Timeline, Weapons Mastery
Class Builds – Artificer – Bombardier (Tinkerkin), Barbarian – Totem Warrior (Ethegnarian), Totem Warrior (Heldannic), Bard – College of Valour (Sunfey), Druid – Circle of Dreams (Woodfey), Circle of the Tree of Life (Seasonfey), Fighter – Battlemaster (Seashire), Eldritch Knight (Kerendan), Weapons Master (Makai), Weapons Master (Stonebound), Monk – Way of the Elements (Waterchild), Paladin – Oath of Radiance (Sunfey), Oath of Vengeance (Firechild), Sorcerer – Wild Magic (Shadowfey), Warlock – Celestial (Sunfey), Wizard – Bladesinger (Seasonfey), Dragon – White. Multiclass – Cleric/Wizard (Ethengarian), Rogue/Cleric (Atruaghin), Rogue/Sorcerer (Seashire), Wizard/Rogue (Traladaran)
Floorplans – Thyatian
Session Recordings – Campaign Journals
This site is constantly under revision, no blog posts are final as this is a work in progress place for me to develop my game settings and rules. Some posts might be placeholders for future content, so feel free to check back later for updated information.