Dungeons and Dragons – Mystara Immortals
Alphaks – Sphere of Entropy
Bane of Alphatia, Lord of Oppression, The Roaring Demon
- Patron – Massacre, Vendetta
- Patron and Title Keywords – Corruptors (Hatred), Title (Sphere of Entropy (Empyreal))
- Empyreals pantheon only – Sphere of Entropy (Empyreal)
- Entropy pantheon only – Sphere of Entropy (Empyreal)
- Alphatian Empire (Lord of Oppression) Due to Patron of Corruptors group (Hatred)
- Outcast (Lord of Oppression) Due to Patron of Hatred
- Thyatian Empire (The Roaring Demon)
- Assembly (Alphaks) Due to being an Immortal of Mystara.
Appearance: a 10′ tall horned roaring demon with huge black bat wings, holding a greatsword in his right hand and a barbed whip in his left one.
Game Master Section
Alphaks – Empyreal of Entropy (20)
- Sourcebooks: Mystara Players Handbook (mph89), Wrath of the Immortals Book One – Codex of the Immortals (wi-b1-14), Hollow World – Dungeon Masters Sourcebook (hw-dms97), Vaults of Pandius (vop)
- Alignment: Chaotic
- Portfolio: Destroying Alphatia and all Alphatians, hatred, vendetta, massacre
- Other Names: Hul Da-Zhi, The Roaring Demon, Lord of Oppression, Bane of Alphatia
- Sponsor: Thanatos
- Artefacts: Greatsword – Haziwarn, Mist Censer of Alphaks, Whip of Alphaks
Allies of Alphaks
Assists (can also be assisted by)
Enemies of Alphaks
Opposes (can also be opposed by)
Sponsorship Hierarchy – Entropy
- Sponsorship of the Entropy Sphere
- Hel (36) Hierarch of Entropy.
- Thanatos (35) Hierarch of Entropy.
- Alphaks (20) Empyreal of Entropy
- Arik (18) Celestial of Entropy
- Harrow (11) Temporal of Entropy moved from Thought (11)
- Atzanteotl (31) Hierarch of Entropy.
- Bachraeus (19) Empyreal of Entropy
- Demogorgon (30) Eternal of Entropy.
- Loki (30) Hierarch of Entropy.
- Orcus (26) Eternal of Entropy
- Ouranos (34) Hierarch of Entropy moved from Energy (35)
- Pharamond (32) Hierarch of Entropy moved from Energy
- Qywattz (21) Empyreal of Entropy moved from Thought (20)
- Ranivorus (16) Celestial of Entropy
- Loup (9) Temporal of Entropy moved from Thought (9)
- Talitha (25) Eternal of Entropy
History: Last emperor of Old Alphatia under the name of Alphas IV, his senseless thirst for power and over inflated ego led him to create a schism in the philosophical debates of his people, decreeing the superiority of the Followers of Fire over those of Air. From ensuing civil war the world of the Alphatians was completely destroyed, forcing them to the exodus. Alphas IV was cursed and banned by his subjects, and he was presumed dead in the destruction of Old Alphatia around 1000 BC. However, he managed to flee before it was too late and wandered for decades through the outer planes, until he fell into Thanatos’s clutches and began to undertake the path towards immortality. After centuries passed under the cruel fist of Thanatos (who had turned him into a roaring demon to serve him best), during which his resentment and power-hungry ego grew immensely, he was finally able to become a true immortal when he created the Mist Censer, a deadly artefact he used to kill all the inhabitants of a small outer plane and to collect all the souls he needed for his final upgrade. Two centuries after in BC 800, he discovered that descendants of the survivors escaped from Old Alphatia were living on a small planet of the Prime and from that moment his primary goal has become the annihilation of all the Alphatians, soaking the world in a bloodbath of terror and brutality.
Personality: Alphaks is an intelligent and cultured creature but he is extremely egocentric and prone to maniacal fits of rage. He considers himself a disciple of Thanatos, but he lacks his patron’s patience and corruptive charisma, so he often tries to corrupt mortals using brute force, violence and threat. When he becomes extremely furious, he expresses his frustration with open acts of mass destruction and massacres. He is a merciless enemy of all Alphatian immortals (Alphatia, Razud, Koryis and Palartarkan) and a bitter rival of Orcus, with whom he competes for the crown of Prince of Destruction. He has no stable alliances (even Thanatos alienated him), even if he sometimes likes to cooperate with Talitha to torment and destroy the Alphatians.
Information to be discovered by Groups
- Bellissarian (Alphaks)
- Norwold (Bane of Alphatia)
- Ochalean (Hul Da-Zhi)
Classic D&D (BECMI) Stats
- Followers Alignment: Chaotic
- Favoured weapon: broadsword or whip (also allowed all bludgeoning weapons and daggers)
- Clerics skills and powers: they can Backstab like a thief of same level, bonus Terrorise general skill
- Avengers skills and powers: they can backstab like a thief of same level
D&D 3.5 Stats
- Domains: Entropy, Chaos, Evil, Destruction, Vengeance
- Preferred weapon: two-handed sword
Alphaks – Patron to Pantheon Links – This is to be the basis on who is in what Pantheon and why.
- Hatred (patron) added to Outcast pantheon.
- Hatred (patron) added to Corruptors patron group.
- Corruptors (patron group) added to Alphatian Empire pantheon.
- Empyreal (rank) added to the Empyreals pantheon.
- Sphere of Entropy (rank group) added to Entropy pantheon.
- 2021-09-20 – Added in design changes and Patron to Pantheon links to show where this Immortal features in the Pantheon.
- 2021-08-19 – Update to allies and enemies.
- 2021-08-15 – Updates the allies and enemies section.
- 2021-02-22 – Adding in links to Artefact Greatsword.
Energy/Fire (31): Alphatia (16), Bartziluth (24), Bemarris (3), Benekander (1), Branden 11), Coberham (18), Fire Elemaster (33), Guidarezzo (15), Heimdall (30), Iliric (8), Ilsundal (34), Ixion (36), Madarua (26), Mazikeen (27), Mahmatti (14), Matin (19), Mealiden (23), Minroth (13), Ninsun (35), Patura (10), Pflarr (25), Rad (22), Rafiel (21), Raith (12), Rathanos (28), Razud (31), Saturnius (20), The Shaper (7), The Shining One (29), Zirchev (17), Zugzul (32)
Entropy/Darkness (35): Alphaks (20), Aracne Prime (6), Arik (18), Atzanteotl (31), Bachraeus (19), Bagni (24), Brissard (10), Danel (14), Demogorgon (29), Harrow (11), Hel (36), Hircismus (12), Idris (15), Jammudaru (5), Kallala (22), Kiranjo (7), Kythria (2), Loki (30), Loup (9), Macroblan (27), Marwdyn (4), Masauwu (28), Nyx (33), Orcus (26), Ouranos (34), Pharamond (32), Qywattz (21), Ranivorus (16), Ruaidhri (3), Saasskas (23), Slizzark (17), Stodos (6), Talitha (25), Thanatos (35), Yagrai (13)
Matter/Earth (34): Atruaghin (32), Buglore (9), Chiron (6), Diamond (21), Djaea (34), Earth Elemaster (33), Faunus (11), Forsetta (7), Garl (13), Ground (19), Hattani (15), Ilmarinen (20), Infaust (16), Ka (35), Kagyar (28), Land (27), Lokena (2), Lornasen (10), Maat (30), N’grath (29), Opal (18), Paarkum (8), Polunius (25), Pearl (12), Tahkati (17), Terra (36), The Eternal General (14), The Great One (26), The Korrigans (24), The Twelve Watches (4), Utnapishtim (23), Valerias (31), Wayland (24), Wogar (5)
Thought/Air (36): Air Elemaster (32), Arnelee (8), Asterius (28), Clebard (2), Cochere (12), Cretia (16), Diulanna (18), Eiryndul (20), Frey (13), Freyja (13), Gorm (22), Halav (17), Karaash (5), Kersy (21), Korotiku (32), Koryis (10), Malinois (15), Ninfangle (27), Nob Nar (5), Noumena (34), Odin (36), Orisis (19), Palartarkan (11), Palson (4), Pax (35), Ralon (9), Sinbad (25), Soubrette (24), Ssu-Ma (23), Tarastia (30), Taroyas (6), Thalia (31), Thor (29), Turmis (1), Urtson (7), Usamigaras (27)
Time/Water (33): Al-Kalim (3), Ahmanni (14), Bastet (22), Brindorhin (14), Calitha (18), Carnelian (11), Chardastes (24), Crakkak (10), Finidel (7), Fugit (30), Gorrziok (25), Hymir (13), Khoronus (36), Liena (1), Luca (12), Malafor (15), Oleyan (6), Ordana (31), Petra (17), Protius (29), Raven (21), Sharpcrest (19), Simurgh (19), Skuld (34), Tiresias (9), Tourlain (8), Tyche (28), Urd (32), Vanya (23), Vethandi (35), Water Elemaster (33), Yav (20), Zalaj (27)
This site is constantly under revision, no blog posts are final as this is a work in progress place for me to develop my game settings and rules. Some posts might be placeholders for future content, so feel free to check back later for updated information.