Dungeons and Dragons – Mystara Immortals
Saasskas – Sphere of Entropy
- Patron – Necromancy, Oceans, Undead. Patron – Elements (Destruction), Living (Death), Racial (Aquatic Races (Devilfish)), Warfare (Conquest)
- Empyreals pantheon only – Sphere of Entropy (Empyreal)
- Entropy pantheon only – Sphere of Entropy (Empyreal)
- Alphatian Empire (The Destroyer) Due to Patron of Conquest
- Makai (Panzuriel)
- Ocean Guilds (The Destroyer)
- Outcast (The Destroyer) Due to Patron of Death.
- Thyatian Empire (The Destroyer) Due to Patron of Warfare group (Conquest)
- Darkness (The Destroyer) Due to Patron of Death and Destruction.
- Forest (The Destroyer) Due to Patron of Living group (Death)
- Ocean (The Destroyer) Due to Patron of Aquatic Races group (Devilfish)
- Shadowlands (The Destroyer) Due to Patron of Devilfish.
- Empyreals (Saasskas) Due to Rank of Empyreal.
- Entropy (Saasskas) Due to Member of Sphere of Entropy.
- Spheres (Saasskas) Due to Patron of Elements group (Destruction)
- Assembly (Saasskas) Due to being an Immortal of Mystara.
Appearance: an enormous black as ink manta with keen fangs that extend from the mouth below. The second form is that of a creature with the upper half of a human woman with the deformed face because of a enormous mouth and fangs, smooth and milky skin, six muscular arms that likewise hold weapons, the nude torso that ends in a powerful and long serpent tail of white scales, with the tattoo of a black manta on her back.
Game Master Section – Saasskas
Saasskas – Empyreal of Entropy (23)
Was Celestial of Entropy (17)
- Sourcebooks: Wrath of the Immortals Book One – Codex of the Immortals (wi-b1-41), Vaults of Pandius (vop)
- Alignment: Neutral
- Portfolio: Undead, destruction, conquest, necromancy, oceans, devilfish
- Other Names: Panzuriel, Ixitxachitl, The Destroyer
- Sponsor: Demogorgon
- Artefacts: Fang of Saasskas
Allies of Saasskas
Enemies of Saasskas
Opposes (can also be opposed by)
Sponsorship Hierarchy – Entropy
- Sponsorship of the Entropy Sphere
- Hel (36) Hierarch of Entropy.
- Thanatos (35) Hierarch of Entropy.
- Alphaks (20) Empyreal of Entropy
- Arik (18) Celestial of Entropy
- Harrow (11) Temporal of Entropy moved from Thought (11)
- Atzanteotl (31) Hierarch of Entropy.
- Bachraeus (19) Empyreal of Entropy
- Demogorgon (30) Eternal of Entropy.
- Loki (30) Hierarch of Entropy.
- Orcus (26) Eternal of Entropy
- Ouranos (34) Hierarch of Entropy moved from Energy (35)
- Pharamond (32) Hierarch of Entropy moved from Energy
- Qywattz (21) Empyreal of Entropy moved from Thought (20)
- Ranivorus (16) Celestial of Entropy
- Loup (9) Temporal of Entropy moved from Thought (9)
- Talitha (25) Eternal of Entropy
History: Saasskas began her mortal life as one of the more ruthless devilfish of the seas of the south. After having guided legions of her like to raid and depredate the other underwater races for decades, succeeding finally to become a vampire (ixitxachitl) thanks to a pact with Demogorgon, and from that moment dedicated herself to the achievement of true Immortality, an goal she realised around XXIV century BC, after having sacrificed thousands of tritons on the altars situated in the oceanic depths of the Izondian Deep and made an entire triton population to migrate in fear of the terror. After a pair of centuries spent operating in the outer planes advancing the plans of Entropy, Saasskas returned to Mystara and saw that her natural enemies, the tritons, were surviving in the Sunlit Sea and had founded Undersea. She therefore appeared before her followers and exhorted them to undertake an evil crusade against the tritons of the Sunlit Sea, guiding their actions from the shadows. She also subjugated some Taymoran priests inducing them to follow the entropic cause and harass her enemies. Following the terrible natural catastrophe that sank the region in which lived the Taymorans in the Sea of Dread, Saasskas then appropriated many of the cadavers of the Taymorans and reanimated them as zombies and velya under her orders, spreading them throughout the Sea of Dread. Today Saasskas controls many hordes of undead, devilfish and pirates scattered throughout the Sea of Dread, where she is also known under the name of Panzuriel by her humanoid followers.
Personality: Saasskas is an unfaithful and far-sighted Immortal. She prefers corrupting and later exploiting all those that venture into the dark realm of her followers, and isn’t in any hurry to achieve her aims, given that she has a firm conviction in the absolute power of chaos. For it is this that the kingdom of Undersea will inevitably capitulate, and in that expectation she delights in observing the suffering inflicted on the tritons and the discord that her followers sow among the other undersea races. When finally the time is ready, she will use all the cadavers that she animated in the abysses (sailors, ancient Taymorans and underwater humanoids) to press the final assault against the hated enemies and annihilate the kingdom of Undersea.
Info on Saasskas to be discovered by Groups
- Azcan (Ixitxachitl)
- Ocean (Saasskas)
Design Details – Saasskas
Classic D&D (BECMI) Stats
- Followers Alignment: Chaotic
- Favoured weapon: natural weapons (allowed spears and tridents)
- Clerics skills and powers: +1 bonus to damage inflicted, +1 bonus to rolls for controlling or destroying undead
D&D 3.5 Stats
- Domains: Entropy, Chaos, Evil, Death, Sea
- Preferred weapon: bite
Rank increased from 17 (Celestial) to 23 (Empyreal).
Saasskas – Patron to Pantheon Links – This is to be the basis on who is in what Pantheon and why.
- Conquest (patron) added to the Alphatian Empire pantheon.
- Conquest (patron) added to the Warfare patron group.
- Death (patron) added to the Darkness and Outcast pantheons.
- Death (patron) added to the Living patron group.
- Destruction (patron) added to the Darkness pantheon.
- Destruction (patron) added to the Elements patron group.
- Living (patron group) added to the Forest pantheon.
- Elements (patron group) added to the Spheres pantheon.
- Warfare (patron group) added to the Thyatian Empire pantheon.
- Empyreal (rank) added to the Empyreals pantheon.
- Sphere of Entropy (rank group) added to Entropy pantheon.
- 2021-09-25 – Rank increase to 23 and Title to Empyreal.
- 2021-09-17 – Added in design changes and Patron to Pantheon links to show where this Immortal features in the Pantheon.
- 2021-08-20 – Update to layout, allies and enemies.
- 2021-08-06 – Updated allies and enemies.
The Gods: The Immortals Overview,
Energy/Fire (31): Alphatia (16), Bartziluth (24), Bemarris (3), Benekander (1), Branden 11), Coberham (18), Fire Elemaster (33), Guidarezzo (15), Heimdall (30), Iliric (8), Ilsundal (34), Ixion (36), Madarua (26), Mazikeen (27), Mahmatti (14), Matin (19), Mealiden (23), Minroth (13), Ninsun (35), Patura (10), Pflarr (25), Rad (22), Rafiel (21), Raith (12), Rathanos (28), Razud (31), Saturnius (20), The Shaper (7), The Shining One (29), Zirchev (17), Zugzul (32)
Entropy/Darkness (35): Alphaks (20), Aracne Prime (6), Arik (18), Atzanteotl (31), Bachraeus (19), Bagni (24), Brissard (10), Danel (14), Demogorgon (29), Harrow (11), Hel (36), Hircismus (12), Idris (15), Jammudaru (5), Kallala (22), Kiranjo (7), Kythria (2), Loki (30), Loup (9), Macroblan (27), Marwdyn (4), Masauwu (28), Nyx (33), Orcus (26), Ouranos (34), Pharamond (32), Qywattz (21), Ranivorus (16), Ruaidhri (3), Saasskas (23), Slizzark (17), Stodos (6), Talitha (25), Thanatos (35), Yagrai (13)
Matter/Earth (34): Atruaghin (32), Buglore (9), Chiron (6), Diamond (21), Djaea (34), Earth Elemaster (33), Faunus (11), Forsetta (7), Garl (13), Ground (19), Hattani (15), Ilmarinen (20), Infaust (16), Ka (35), Kagyar (28), Land (27), Lokena (2), Lornasen (10), Maat (30), N’grath (29), Opal (18), Paarkum (8), Polunius (25), Pearl (12), Tahkati (17), Terra (36), The Eternal General (14), The Great One (26), The Korrigans (24), The Twelve Watches (4), Utnapishtim (23), Valerias (31), Wayland (24), Wogar (5)
Thought/Air (36): Air Elemaster (32), Arnelee (8), Asterius (28), Clebard (2), Cochere (12), Cretia (16), Diulanna (18), Eiryndul (20), Frey (13), Freyja (13), Gorm (22), Halav (17), Karaash (5), Kersy (21), Korotiku (32), Koryis (10), Malinois (15), Ninfangle (27), Nob Nar (5), Noumena (34), Odin (36), Orisis (19), Palartarkan (11), Palson (4), Pax (35), Ralon (9), Sinbad (25), Soubrette (24), Ssu-Ma (23), Tarastia (30), Taroyas (6), Thalia (31), Thor (29), Turmis (1), Urtson (7), Usamigaras (27)
Time/Water (33): Al-Kalim (3), Ahmanni (14), Bastet (22), Brindorhin (14), Calitha (18), Carnelian (11), Chardastes (24), Crakkak (10), Finidel (7), Fugit (30), Gorrziok (25), Hymir (13), Khoronus (36), Liena (1), Luca (12), Malafor (15), Oleyan (6), Ordana (31), Petra (17), Protius (29), Raven (21), Sharpcrest (19), Simurgh (19), Skuld (34), Tiresias (9), Tourlain (8), Tyche (28), Urd (32), Vanya (23), Vethandi (35), Water Elemaster (33), Yav (20), Zalaj (27)
This site is constantly under revision, no blog posts are final as this is a work in progress place for me to develop my game settings and rules. Some posts might be placeholders for future content, so feel free to check back later for updated information.
Follow My Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox. For managing your subscriptions see Subscription Information.