Dungeons and Dragons – Mystara
Clerical Domains – Tempest
Domain of Tempest – Overview
Gods whose portfolios include the Tempest domain including Talos, Umberlee, Kord, Zeboim, the Devourer, Zeus, and Thor-govern storms, sea, and sky. They include gods of lightning and thunder, gods of earthquakes, some tire gods, and certain gods of violence, physical strength, and courage. In some pantheons, a god of this domain rules over other deities and is known for swift justice delivered by thunderbolts. In the pantheons of seafaring people, gods of this domain are ocean deities and the patrons of sailors. Tempest gods send their clerics to inspire fear in the common folk, either to keep those folk on the path of righteousness or to encourage them to offer sacrifices of propitiation to ward off divine wrath.
- Secret Crafts: Airologist
Domain of Tempest – Pantheons
Domain of Tempest – Spells
|1||fog cloud, thunderwave|
|3||gust of wind, shatter|
|5||call lightning, sleet storm|
|7||control water, ice storm|
|9||destructive wave, insect plague|
Domain of Tempest – Features
- (1st) Bonus Proficiencies – At first level, you gain proficiency with martial weapons and heavy armour.
- (1st) Wrath of the Storm – Also at 1st level, you can thunderously rebuke attackers. When a creature within 5 feet of you that you can see hits you with an attack, you can use your reaction to cause the creature to make a Dexterity saving throw. The creature takes 2d8 lightning or thunder damage (your choice) on a failed saving throw, and half as much damage on a successful one. You can use this feature a number of times equal to your Wisdom modifier (a minimum of once). You regain all expended uses when you finish a long rest.
- (2nd) Channel Divinity – Destructive Wrath – Starting at 2nd level, you can use your channel divinity to wield the power of the storm with unchecked ferocity. When you roll lightning or thunder damage, you can use your channel divinity to deal maximum damage, instead of rolling.
- (6th) Thunderbolt Strike – At 6th level, when you deal lightning damage to a Large or smaller creature, you can also push it up to 10 feet away from you.
- (8th) Divine Strike – At 8th level, you gain the ability to infuse your weapon strikes with divine energy. Once one each of your turns when you hit a creature with a weapon attack, you can cause the attack to deal an extra 1d8 thunder damage to the target. When you reach 14th level, the extra damage increase to 2d8.
- (17th) Stormborn – At 17th level, you have a flying speed equal to your current walking speed whenever you are not underground or indoors.
Domain of Tempest – GM Section
- Spheres: Energy (1 – 14)
- Energy: Bartziluth (14)
- Common Domains in Pantheons
Work In Progress.
Uncommon – Sphere of Thought and Element of Air
Spheres: Thought/Air – (F) Energy/Fire, (E) Matter/Earth
– Alatian Pantheon (Perun, The Thunderer – F)
– Atruaghin Clans Pantheon (The Spider, Turtlerider)
– Bellissarian Pantheon (Grammaton)
– Darokin Pantheon (The Cheat)
– Davania Pantheon (Arduinna, Loup, Oloron)
– Dragon Pantheon (The Sun Dragon – E)
– Elven Pantheon (Father Sky, Father of Written Knowledge, Star Spirit – E)
– Ethengar Pantheon (Cretia)
– Genasi Pantheon (Keeper of History and Order, Lord of Battle and Honour – F, Lord of Gemstone Dragons – E, Lord of Sky and Winds, Lord of Trouble and Chaos, Lord of Storms – F, Master of Tactics)
– Halfling Pantheon (Protector of the Five Shires)
– Heldannic Pantheon (Donegal – F, Viuden)
– Hule Pantheon (Keeper of the Dead, Modi – F, Vidar)
– Humanoid Pantheon (Ganetra, He Who Watches, Karaash)
– Ierendi Pantheon (Ahmanni, Duilanna, Nob Nar, The Supreme Spider)
– Milenia Pantheon (Palson, Protector of Milenia)
– Neathar Pantheon (Jumal, Korotiku, Tuatis – F)
– Nithian Pantheon (Amon, Protector of Cynidicea – F)
– Northern Reaches Pantheon (Odin, Svetovid – F, Thor – F)
– Norwold Pantheon (Donar – F, Ilnerval, Vali – F)
– Ocean Pantheon (Ssu-Ma)
– Ochalean Pantheon (Guan Zi-You, Hong Tzu, Luup)
– Olympian Pantheon (Apollo)
– Savage Coast Pantheon (Dugong – F, Saimpt Loup, Saimpt Renard, Taranos)
– Serpent Peninsular Pantheon (Yehm)
– Shadowlands Pantheon (The Shapechanger)
– Sind Pantheon (Pangloss)
– Sky Pantheon (Opal – E, Zephyr)
– Thyatian Pantheon (The Black, The General – F, The Redhair, The Trickster, The Troublemaker)
– Traladaran Pantheon (Halav)
– Traldar Pantheon (Bane of the Humanoids, Gorm, Wotan)
- 2021-08-22 – Update to layout and menu.
- 2021-02-22 – Adding in the domain information.
Bard: Entropy, Fey Magic, Glamour, Greenleaf, the Jester, Lore, Swords, Valour, Virtue, Whispers
Cleric: Air, Ambition, Apocalypse, Arcana, Balance, Beauty, Beer, Blood, Cats, Clockwork, Corruption, Creation, Darkness, Death, Dragon, Earth, Fire, Forge, Grave, Hunger, Hunt, Hunting, Justice, Knowledge, Labyrinth, Life, Light, Lust, Madness, Moon, Mountain, Nature, Oceans, Order, Prophecy, Repose, Solidarity, Speed, Strength, Tempest, Time, Travel, Trickery, Tyranny, Void, War, Water, Zeal
Fighter: Arcane Archer, Banneret, Battle Master, Cavalier, Champion, Clacking Mercenary, Edjet, Eldritch Knight, Ghost Knight, Griffon Knight, Hospitaller, Knight Surgeon, Samurai, Shield Bearer, Sword Dancer, Weapons Master, Woodlands Cavalier
Ranger: Beast Master, Explorer, Fey Hunter, Gloom Stalker, Hidden Guardian, Horizon Walker, Hunter, Monster Slayer, Unicorn Charger, Vampire Slayer, Zobecker Scout
Rogue: Arcane Trickster, Assassin, Duelist, Fixer, Inquisitive, Mastermind, Scout, Swashbuckler, Thief, Whisper
Sorcerer: Bloodlines (Draconic, Dryad, Lycanthrope, Mazeborn, Nerid, Norn, Nymph, Satyr, Serophage, Shadow), Divine Inspiration, Divine Soul, Elemental Essence, Pyromancer, Runechild, Shadow Magic, Storm Sorcery, Wild Magic
Wizard: Angelic Scribe, Bladesinger, Doom Croaker, Dragon Masks, Elementalist, Geomancy, Necrophagy, Ring Warden, Schools (Abjuration, Artifice, Blood Magic, Clockwork, Conjuration, Divination, Elven High Magic, Enchantment, Entropy, Evocation, Illumination, Illusion, Necromancy, Transmutation, Void Magic), Timekeeper, War Mage
D&D Menu – Adventures, Artefacts, Backgrounds, Classes, Dominions, Downtime, Feats, Gazetteers, Gods, Magical Items, Organisations, Pantheons, Races, Ranks & Titles, Rune Magic, Secret Crafts, Settlements, Spells, Timeline, Weapons Mastery
Class Builds – Barbarian – Totem Warrior (Ethegnarian), Totem Warrior (Heldannic), Bard – College of Valour (Sunfey), Druid – Circle of Dreams (Woodfey), Fighter – Battlemaster (Seashire), Eldritch Knight (Kerendan), Weapons Master (Makai), Weapons Master (Stonebound), Monk – Way of the Elements (Waterchild), Paladin – Oath of Radiance (Sunfey), Oath of Vengeance (Firechild), Sorcerer – Wild Magic (Shadowfey), Warlock – Celestial (Sunfey), Wizard – Bladesinger (Seasonfey), Dragon – White. Multiclass – Cleric/Wizard (Ethengarian), Rogue/Cleric (Atruaghin), Rogue/Sorcerer (Seashire), Wizard/Rogue (Traladaran)
Floorplans – Thyatian
Session Recordings – Campaign Journals
This site is constantly under revision, no blog posts are final as this is a work in progress place for me to develop my game settings and rules. Some posts might be placeholders for future content, so feel free to check back later for updated information.
Follow My Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox. For managing your subscriptions see Subscription Information.