Dungeons and Dragons – Mystara
Clerical Domains – Travel
Domain of Travel – Overview
Voyages across oceans, over mountain ranges, through steaming jungles, and from one world to the next all have an aspect of the sacred to them. The wisdom, knowledge, and prosperity gained through furthering one’s experience of the world also venerates the gods who made such places and those who watch over such journeys. An agent of such deities finds themselves in some demand as a charm for safe travel, though the wise know the gods often consider an easy journey to be less beneficial to the traveller’s spirit. (mhh).
The great civilizations of the world are scattered far and wide from one another, and it is the greatest gift of the gods of travel to connect those civilizations with safe journeys. Gods who bestow the gifts of the Travel domain upon their clergy concern themselves not just with making haste, but also with finding shelter, leaving no trail, and letting no obstacle stand in the way of the journey. While the blessings of the Travel domain certainly allow its clerics to make long, arduous journeys safer and shorter, the gods of travel also help their followers move quicker in the heat of combat. When a traveller is waylaid by highwaymen, the clerics of the Travel domain not only protect the devout traveller, but also give them the ability to flee more easily, or get into a position to turn the tables on their assailants. (br)
- Patrons of
- Thought – Inspiration (Adventure),
- Associated Secret Crafts – Sailologist (Adventure), Skyologist (Adventure), Wagonologist (Adventure)
- Associated Immortals – Arnelee (Adventure), Eiryndul (Adventure), Mealiden (Adventure), Ninfangle (Adventure), Nob Nar (Adventure), Saturnius (Adventure), Sinbad (Adventure), Turmis (Adventure),
- Primary Domain Pantheons – Makai (Arnelee, Eiryndul, Mealiden, Ninfagle, Nob Nar, Saturnius, Sinbad, Turmis),
- Secondary Domain Pantheons – Alphatian Empire (Turmis), Atruaghin Clans (Eiryndul, Ninfangle), Dragonkin (Mealiden), Dwarven and Gnome (Sinbad), Elven (Eiryndul, Mealiden), Ethengarian (Ninfangle, Turmis), Forest (Eiryndul), Giantkin (Arnelee, Mealiden, Nob Nar), Halfling (Nob Nar), Myoshima (Ninfangle), Norse (Arnelee, Ninfangle), Thyatian Empire (Arnelee, Eiryndul, Mealiden, Ninfangle), Traladaran (Mealiden, Sinbad), Ylari (Turmis),
- Council Domain Pantheons – Assembly (Arnelee, Eiryndul, Mealiden, Ninfangle, Nob Nar, Saturnius, Sinbad, Turmis), Empyreals of Mystara (Eiryndul, Mealiden, Saturnius), Eternals of Mystara (Ninflange, Sinbad), Initiates of Mystara (Nob Nar, Turmis), Sphere of Energy (Mealiden, Saturnius), Sphere of Thought (Arnelee, Eiyndul, Ninfangle, Nob Nar, Sinbad, Turmis), Temporals of Mystara (Arnlee),
Domain of Travel – Spells
|1||(comprehend languages or expeditious retreat), longstride|
|3||(find steed or rope trick), pass without trace|
|5||(haste or tiny hut), water walk|
|7||dimension door, freedom of movement|
|9||(shadow realm gateway or tree stride), teleportation circle|
Domain of Travel – Features
- Choice of A “Born to the Road and Bonus Proficiency” or B “Shift and Far Strider”
- (A 1st) Born to the Road – When you choose this domain at 1st level, you gain proficiency in one of the following skills of your choice: Insight, Nature, or Survival
- (A 1st) Bonus Proficiency – You also learn two additional standard languages of your choice and become proficient with cartographer’s tools
- (B 1st) Shift – Starting when you choose this domain at 1st level, as a bonus action you can move up to 10 feet. This movement does not provoke opportunity attacks
- (B 1st) Far Strider – Also starting at 1st level, you and up to 6 companions, along with one mount for each companion, do not suffer levels of exhaustion for traveling for more than 8 hours each day. Additionally, while doing nothing but traveling, you, your companions, and your mounts do not need to sleep, and you can travel at a fast pace without taking a penalty to passive Wisdom (Perception) checks because of that speed.
- Choice of A “Channel Divinity – Reinvigorate” or B “Channel Divinity – Provident Fleetness”
- (A 2nd) Channel Divinity – Reinvigorate – Starting at 2nd level, you can use your Channel Divinity to remove one level of exhaustion from yourself or from someone else you touch
- (B 2nd) Channel Divinity – Provident Fleetness – Starting at 2nd level, you can use your Channel Divinity to allow your companions to swiftly move into a place of safety (or dash to the front lines of battle) before your enemies have a chance to react.
- As an action, you present your holy symbol, and invoke the divine power of your god of travel to allow any creature you choose that you can see and is within 30 feet of you to use its reaction to move up to its speed, plus an additional 30 feet, if it is free to do so. Additionally, this movement does not provoke opportunity attacks.
- Choice of A “Trailblazer” or B “Channel Divinity – Vanishing Step”
- (A 6th) Trailblazer – Beginning at 6th level, if you are planning to travel any distance longer than 5 days’ travel and you have a map of the region to be traversed or first-hand knowledge of the area, you can find a shortcut. Using the alternate path will reduce your travel time by 30 percent.
- (B 6th) Channel Divinity – Vanishing Step – Beginning at 6th level, you can use your Channel Divinity to move so quickly that your enemies barely have time to register that you are gone.
- When a creature misses you with a melee attack, you can use your Channel Divinity as a reaction to teleport up to 30 feet away to an unoccupied space that you can see. If you teleport to a space that is within 5 feet of the creature that missed you with the melee attack, as a part of your reaction you can make a melee attack against that creature with advantage on the attack roll.
- Choice of “Divine Strike” with A – Lightning Damage or B – Extra Weapon Damage
- (8th) Divine Strike – At 8th level, you gain the ability to infuse your weapon strikes with divine energy. Once on each of your turns when you hit a creature with a weapon attack, you can cause the attack to deal an extra 1d8 damage (A – Lightning Damage or B – Extra Weapon Damage) to the target. When you reach 14th level, the extra damage increases to 2d8.
- Choice of A “World Traveller” or B “Untouchable Stride”
- (A 17th) World Traveller – At 17th level, you ignore difficult terrain and you gain resistance to cold and fire damage.
- (B 17th) Untouchable Stride – Starting at 17th level, you do not provoke opportunity attacks by moving
Domain of Travel – GM Section
This is my work in progress section.
Uncommon – Sphere of Energy and Element of Fire
- Pantheons (Racial):
- Atruaghin – Old Man of the Sea (see Protius), Starbrow (see Calitha), Storm-Tamer (see Tahkati), The Wolf Lord (see Wogar), White Claw (see Ninfangle)
- Dwarven and Gnome – Rheddrian (see Benekander)
- Elven – Caretaker of the Elves (see Mealiden), Eiryndul, Father Ocean (see Protius), Mother Ocean (see Calitha), Oleyan
- Ethengarian – The Wolf Lord (see Wogar)
- Halfling – Harbinger of Change (see Protius), Nob Nar, Usamigaras
- Makai – Cymorrak (see Asterius), Defender of Mortals (see Benekander), Nob Nar, Protector of Marine Fauna (see Protius), Protector of Marine Hunters (see Sharpcrest), Protector of Pirates (see Saturnius), Turmis
- Traladaran – Tiresias
- Pantheons (Cultural):
- Alphatian Empire – Asterius, Lady of the Seas (see Calitha), Lord of the Air (see Palartarkan), Lord of Wolves and Predators (see Wogar), Master of Bravery and Guile (see Turmis), Master of Poetic Inspiration (see Tiresias), Shaibuth (see Eiryndul), Sovereign of the Oceans and Water (see Protius)
- Land Guilds – Benekander, Hermod (see Asterius), Old Man of the Sea (see Protius), Protector of Thieves and Adventurers (see Turmis)
- Norse – Arnelee
- Ocean Guilds – Calitha, Minroth, Oleyan, Zephyr (see Asterius)
- Outcast – Wogar
- Thyatian Empire – The Adventurer (see Eiryndul), The Celestial Traveller (see Sinbad), The Guardian (see Mealiden), The Lofty One (see Palartarkan), The Merchant (see Asterius), The Old and the Young (see Benekander), The Rootmaker (see Calitha), The Spuming Nooga (see Protius), The Squid Slayer (see Sharpcrest), The Wolfrider (see Wogar)
- Ylari – Kudesha (see Asterius), Guardian of Time (see Protius), Sinbad, Usamigaras
- Pantheons (Elemental):
- Secret Crafts:
- Spheres of Power (#/Pow) – Energy (8/129), Thought (6/74), Time (4/62), Matter (2/32)
- Energy (8) Benekander (1), Eiryndul (20), Mealiden (23), Minroth (13), Palartarkan (12) Saturnius (16), Tahkati (17), Usamigaras (27)
- Matter (2) Ninfangle (27), Wogar (5)
- Thought (6) Arnelee (7), Asterius (27), Nob Nar (5), Sinbad (25), Tiresias (9), Turmis (1)
- Time (4) Calitha (18), Oleyan (2), Protius (29), Sharpcrest (13)
- Spheres: Energy/Fire – Time/Water, (A) Thought/Air, (E) Matter/Earth
- – Bellissaria Pantheon (Utnapishtim – E)
- – Davinia Pantheon (Manadyn – W, Ninfangle – E, Ralon – A)
- – Forest Pantheon (The Red Arrow)
- – Hule Pantheon (Eyris)
- – Milenia Pantheon (Belnos – A)
- – Neathar Pantheon (Ahti – W)
- – Nithian Pantheon (Mahes – E, Nithys – W, Usamigaras)
- – Norwold Pantheon (Gna – A, Mealiden, Protius – W)
- – Ocean Pantheon (Manwara – W, Milan)
- – Ochalean Pantheon (Han Li – A, Nin Fang Le – E)
- – Oltec Pantheon (Protector of the Living Species – E, Tahkati)
- – Olympian Pantheon (Hermes – A)
- – Savage Coast Pantheon (Murtijai – A, Protector of Nomads – E, Shaibuth, Saimpt Ralon – A)
- – Serpent Peninsular Pantheon (Mahmatti)
- – Sind Pantheon (Gareth, Simurgh – W)
- – Sky Pantheon (Palartarkan, Starwatcher)
- – Traldar Pantheon (Dallbard, Saturnius)
- 2022-05-11 – Updated layout and base design for Clerical Domains.
- 2021-08-20 – Update to layout and completion of missing contents.
Artificer: Alchemist, Armourer, Artillerist, Battle Smith, Bombardier, Engineer, Stitcher
Barbarian: Amber’s Enlightened, Ancestors, Ancestral Guardian, Battlerager, Beast, Beast Slayer, Bearsarker, Berserker, Carcharodon, Dreadnought, Fractured, Fungal Hulk, Harrier, Herculean, Juggernaut, Primal Spirit, Primordial Predator, Rager, Storm Herald, Tempest, Totem Warrior, Ulfhander, Wild Magic, Wizard Slayer, Zealot
Bard: Adventurers, Ancients, Creation, Eloquence, Entropy, Epic Poetry, Fey Magic, Glamour, Grace, Greenleaf, the Jester, Lore, Loremaster, Minstrel, Mirthful Mariarchi, Mountebank, Requiems, Singer of the Deeps, Spirits, Swords, Troubadour, Valour, Virtue, Warchanter, Whispers, Wyrdsingers
Cleric: Aberrance, Alhool Keener, Air, Ambition, Apocalypse, Arcana, Balance, Beauty, Beer, Blood, Cats, Chaos, City, Clockwork, Corruption, Crafts, Creation, Darkness, Death, Dragon, Earth, Eldritch, Enigma, Fire, Force, Forge, Grave, Healer, Hunger, Hunt, Hunting, Inquisition, Justice, Knowledge, Labyrinth, Law, Life, Light, Luck, Lust, Madness, Messiah of Ashes, Moon, Mountain, Mushroom, Naraneus, Nature, Nobility, Oceans, Oracle, Order, Peace, Prophecy, Repose, Sharing, Sickness, Solidarity, Speed, Strength, Sun Priest, Tempest, Time, Travel, Trickery, Twilight, Tyranny, Undeath, Void, War, Warpriest, Water, Winter, Zeal
Druid: Ancestors, Blood, Dreams, Feyfriend, the Forest Kingdom, Guardian, the Land, the Moon, Mushrooms, Mutation, Oaks, Owls, Roses, Sacrifice, the Shapeless and Prime Terror, the Shepherd, Skinchanger, Spirits, Stars, the Stones, the Tree of Life, Treespeaker, Wildfire
Fighter: Arcane Archer, Banneret, Battle Master, Bladebonded, Blind Duelist, Boarder, Brute, Bulwark Warrior, Captain, Cavalier, Champion, Clacking Mercenary, Duelist, Echo Knight, Edjet, Eldritch Knight, Fortune’s Smith, Gholaad’s Translation, Ghost Knight, Gladiator, Griffon Knight, Hoplite Soldier, Hospitaller, Knight, Knight Surgeon, Living Crucible, Living Vampire, Prescient Knight, Psi Warrior, Rune Knight, Samurai, Sapper, Sharpshooter, Shield Bearer, Smithkin, Sword Dancer, Thug, Weapons Master, Woodlands Cavalier
Marshal: Crusader, Gambling General, Guerrilla, Kingpin, Mindbender, Noble, Path (Master, Night, Reaper), Rallier, Reaver, Redeemer, Revolutionary, Strategist, Swift Strategist, Tactician, Talented Tactician, Tyrant, Warbringer
Monk: the Ascendant Dragon, the Astral Self, the Bo’faquan, the Crystal Cannonade, Brawler, the Cobalt Soul, the Drunken Master, the Elements, the Exalted Athlete, Iron, the Kensai, the Leaden Crown, the Long Death, Mercy, the Open Hand, Pain, Pride, Reaving Vortex, Shadow, the Shield, the Sun Soul, the Warrior Monk
Paladin: the Ancients, the Annihilator, the Ascetic, Battle, Conquest, the Crown, Despair, Destruction, Devotion, the Dragonlord, the Eagle, Elimination, the Errant, the Giving Grave, Glory, Green Knight, Holy Champion, Inquisitor, Mercy, Pearl, Pestilence, Perfection, the Radiance, the Raven, Redemption, Spear Maiden, Thunder, Vengeance, the Watchers, Zeal. Special – Oathbreaker
Ranger: Beast Master, Explorer, Fey Hunter, Fey Wanderer, Gloom Stalker, Green Reaper, Hidden Guardian, Horizon Walker, Horse Nomad, Hoyrall Shredder, Hunter, Monster Slayer, Netherworld, Explorer, Privateer, Swarmkeeper, Underminer, Unicorn Charger, Urban Shadow, Vampire Slayer, Vermin Lord, Warden, Wildborn, Zobecker Scout
Rogue: Arcane Trickster, Assassin, Burglar, Cutthroat, Duelist, Fixer, Highway Rider, Hitman, Infernal Talismancer, Inquisitive, Investigator, Mastermind, Misfortune Bringer, Odyssean, Phantom, Poisoner of Minds, Scout, Soulknife, Spy, Svirf Scientist, Swashbuckler, Thief, Trapsmith, Whisper
Scholar: Alchemy, Mind-Delving
Sorcerer: Aberrant Mind, Aristocratic, Ascendant, Bloodlines (Boreal, Draconic, Dryad, Enigma, Lycanthrope, Mazeborn, Nerid, Norn, Nymph, Satyr, Serophage, Shadow, Wretched), Clockwork Soul, Cunning Woman, Divine Inspiration, Divine Soul,, Draconist Elemental Essence, Facets (Flawless Caster, Gemblade), Farseer, Haunted, Psychic Magic, Pyromancer, Runechild, Shadow Magic, Soul Burner, Spore-cerer, Storm Sorcery, Traveler, Wild Magic
Underterror: Hel Savant, Slaver of the Damned, Underworld Monstrocity
Warlock: Alienist, Archfey, Archfiend, Black Woods, Celestial, Colloid, Diabolist, Fates, Fathomless, Fiend, First Vampire, Fragment Channeler of Zagnexis, Frozen One, the Genie, Genie Lord, Grand Void, Great Machine, Great Old One, Hexblade, Light Eater, Oracle, Parasite, Primeval One, Sargasso Siren, Sibyl, Spellbound, Undead, Undying, Voices of the Ancestors
Wizard: Academy Philosopher, Alkemancer, Angelic Scribe, Aquanaught, Arcane Specialist, Arcanist, Bladesinger, Blood Mage, Castellan, Chronury Magic, Demonologist, Disenchanter, Doom Croaker, Dragon Masks, Elementalist, Entropist, Geomancy, Graviturgy Magic, Illuminator, Mage, Master of Fiends, Mystifier, Necrophagy, Order of Scribes, Plague Doctor, Ring Warden, Rune Caller, Sangromancer, Schools (Abjuration, Artifice, Blood Magic, Clockwork, Conjuration, Divination, Elven High Magic, Enchantment, Entropy, Evocation, Illumination, Illusion, Necromancy, Pyromancer, Transmutation, Void Magic), Ship Mage, Timekeeper, Transgnomamist, War Mage, White Necromancer
D&D Menu – Adventures, Artefacts, Backgrounds, Classes, Dominions, Downtime, Feats, Gazetteers, Gods, Magical Items, Monsters, Organisations, Pantheons, Races, Ranks & Titles, Rune Magic, Secret Crafts, Settlements, Spells, Timeline, Weapons Mastery
Class Builds –
Artificer – Bombardier (Tinkerkin),
Barbarian – Totem Warrior (Plamin, Camdu),
Bard – College of Valour (Sunfey),
Druid – Circle of Dreams (Woodfey), Circle of the Tree of Life (Seasonfey),
Fighter – Battlemaster (Seashire), Eldritch Knight (Kerendan), Weapons Master (Lani), Weapons Master (Stonebound),
Monk – Way of the Elements (Tidal),
Paladin – Oath of Radiance (Sunfey), Oath of Vengeance (Firechild),
Sorcerer – Wild Magic (Shadowfey),
Warlock – Celestial (Llewell),
Wizard – Bladesinger (Nerye),
Dragon – White (Calcryx).
Multiclass – Cleric/Wizard (Xhall), Rogue/Cleric (Dracnomir), Rogue/Sorcerer (Yodrey), Wizard/Rogue (Traladaran)
Floorplans – Thyatian
Session Recordings – Campaign Journals
This site is constantly under revision, no blog posts are final as this is a work in progress place for me to develop my game settings and rules. Some posts might be placeholders for future content, so feel free to check back later for updated information.