Dungeons and Dragons – Mystara Immortals
Cochere – Sphere of Thought
Player Section – Cochere
- Favoured Weapon: dagger
- Patron – Liberty, Music, Song, Survival.
- Patron and Title Keyword – Living (Family), Races (Aerial Races (Avianfolk), Demi-Human (Elven)), Title (Sphere of Thought (Temporal))
- Temporals pantheon only – Sphere of Thought (Temporal)
- Thought pantheon only – Sphere of Thought (Temporal)
- Atruaghin (The Avian) Due to Patron of Avianfolk
- Dragonkin (Nameless Mother) Due to Patron of Family.
- Dwarven and Gnome (Nameless Mother) Due to Patron of Family.
- Elven (Nameless Mother) Due to Patron of Elven
- Halfling (Nameless Mother) Due to Patron of Family.
- Forest (Nameless Mother) Due to Patron of Living group (Family)
- Sky (The Avian) Due to Patron of Aerial Races (Avianfolk).
- Assembly (Cochere) Due to being an Immortal of Mystara.
Appearance: a gyerian or a faenare (based on the disciples to which she manifests) of gigantic dimensions with white plumage, golden crest, bronze bill and claws.
Cochere’s Campaign Information
Game Master Section – Cochere
Cochere – Temporal of Thought (12)
- Sourcebooks: Vaults of Pandius (vop)
- Portfolio: gyerian, faenare, survival, liberty, family, song and music
- Other Names: Nameless Mother, The Avian
- Sponsor: Korotiku
- Alignment: Neutral
- Artefacts: Egg of Wonder, Ring of Cochere
Allies of Cochere
Enemies of Cochere
Sponsorship Hierarchy – Thought
- Sponsorship of the Thought Sphere
- Air Elemaster (33) Hierarch of Thought
- Korotiku (32) Hierarch of Thought
- Ahmanni (14) Celestial of Thought moved to Time (16)
- Asterius (27) Eternal of Thought
- Clebard (2) Initiate of Thought
- Cochere (12) Temporal of Thought
- Cretia (16) Celestial of Thought
- Diulanna (18) Celestial of Thought
- Karaash (5) Initiate of Thought
- Eiryndul (20) Empyreal of Thought moved from Energy (20)
- Harrow (11) Temporal of Thought moved to Entropy (11)
- Loup (9) Temporal of Thought moved to Entropy (9)
- Malinois (16) Celestial of Thought
- Palartarkan (11) Temporal of Thought moved from Energy (12)
- Ralon (9) Temporal of Thought
- Soubrette (24) Empyreal of Thought
- Ssu-Ma (23) Empyreal of Thought
- Turmis (1) Initiate of Thought
- Odin (36) Hierarch of Thought
- Arnelee (8) Temporal of Thought
- Frey (13) Celestial of Thought
- Freyja (14) Celestial of Thought
- Halav (17) Celestial of Thought
- Ninfangle (26) Eternal of Thought (26) Moved from Matter (27)
- Noumena (34) Hierarch of Thought
- Palson (3) Initiate of Thought
- Orisis (19) Empyreal of Thought
- Tarastia (30) Eternal of Thought moved from Energy (30)
- Taroyas (6) Initiate of Thought moved from Time (6)
- Thor (29) Eternal of Energy. moved to Thought (29)
- Gorm (22) Empyreal of Thought moved from Energy (19)
- Usamigaras (27) Eternal of Energy moved to Thought (27)
- Pax (35)
- Kersy (21) Empyreal of Thought
- Koryis (10) Temporal of Thought
- Urtson (7) Temporal of Thought moved from Matter (12)
- Thalia (31) Hierarch of Thought from Energy
- Qywattz (20) Empyreal of Thought moved to Entropy (21)
- Sinbad (25) Eternal of Thought
- Nob Nar (4) Initiate of Thought
- Tyche (28) Eternal of Thought (28) moved to Time (28)
History: Cochere was one of the first gyerians (a race of humanoid birds) living on Mystara during the Blackmoorian age. Cochere was the first to acquire a flicker of intelligence among the members of her race and succeeded to guide her tribe towards the more fertile pastures, defending them from predators and assuring the continuation of the species. After epic adventures in the continent of Skothar to search for an artefact of Thought that also allowed her kind to develop superior intelligence, Cochere saved numerous gyerian during the events of the Great Rain of Fire making them migrate to Brun. In the tremendous winter that followed, for allowing the survival of her people realised the Egg of Wonder, a magic item able to create from nothing anything its owner wishes, after he has accurately brooded it for a whole year. With this invention Cochere was noticed by Korotiku, who guided her to complete the path of the Epic Hero in 2920 BC. From the moment of her ascension, Cochere has always kept vigil over the gyerians and protected their existence, favouring their migration across the continents and forming the gyerian culture based on nomadism, in a way of allowing her kind to more easily escape the predators and of procuring here the more abundant resources. The gyerians today survive in the plains of central Brun and Skothar thanks to her intercession. Later, Cochere was also responsible for the creation of the faenare race, born from her desire of bringing to the gyerian those improvements that instead her descendants didn’t acquire. It was so that make the faenare more graceful and harmonic, and especially the creation of wings able to fly, permitting them to seek refuge from the predators on the highest summits (making their survival easier in respect to that of the gyerians and favoured the creation of a very sedentary society). Cochere has never revealed her name to the faenare (and for this is worshipped as the Nameless Mother), and the address towards a chick of life about to the solidarity among broods and to the love for harmony and music.
Personality: Cochere is a shy Immortal for how benevolent she is in the struggles of her protégées, haughty and extremely unpredictable, and perfectly embodies all the characteristics of the modern gyerians and faenare. She has no allies, also because few are interested in the species under her care, and because of her marginal role in the history of the Multiverse and of the low profile kept by her breed, she doesn’t even have any stable enemies.
Info on Cochere to be discovered by Groups
Design Details – Ixion
Classic D&D Stats
- Followers Alignment: any
- Favourite Weapons: natural weapons (only allowed one handed piercing weapons).
- Clerics skills and powers: free singing and survival (plains or mountains) general skills.
D&D 3E Stats
- Domains: Thought, Chaos, Good, Family
- Preferred Weapon: dagger
This immortal will be associated with allies and enemies over time and this blog expands more, linking in the various cultures and pantheons. Faenare merged into Avianfolk and Elven as they have a foot in both camps. Gyerian merged into Avianfolk.
Cocheree – Patron to Pantheon Links – This is to be the basis on who is in what Pantheon and why.
- Avianfolk (patron) added to the Atruaghin pantheon.
- Avianfolk (patron) added to the Aerial Races patron group.
- Elven (patron) added to the Elven pantheon.
- Family (patron) added to the Dragonkin, Dwarven and Gnome and Halfling pantheon.
- Family (patron) added to the Living patron group.
- Aerial Races (patron group) linked to the Sky pantheon.
- Living (patron group) added to the Forest pantheon.
- Temporal (rank) added to the Temporals pantheon.
- Sphere of Thought (rank group) added to Thought pantheon.
- 2021-09-09 – Added in design changes and Patron to Pantheon links to show where this Immortal features in the Pantheon.
- 2021-08-20 – Update to layout, menu, tags and links.
The Gods: The Immortals Overview,
Energy/Fire (31): Alphatia (16), Bartziluth (24), Bemarris (3), Benekander (1), Branden 11), Coberham (18), Fire Elemaster (33), Guidarezzo (15), Heimdall (30), Iliric (8), Ilsundal (34), Ixion (36), Madarua (26), Mazikeen (27), Mahmatti (14), Matin (19), Mealiden (23), Minroth (13), Ninsun (35), Patura (10), Pflarr (25), Rad (22), Rafiel (21), Raith (12), Rathanos (28), Razud (31), Saturnius (20), The Shaper (7), The Shining One (29), Zirchev (17), Zugzul (32)
Entropy/Darkness (35): Alphaks (20), Aracne Prime (6), Arik (18), Atzanteotl (31), Bachraeus (19), Bagni (24), Brissard (10), Danel (14), Demogorgon (29), Harrow (11), Hel (36), Hircismus (12), Idris (15), Jammudaru (5), Kallala (22), Kiranjo (7), Kythria (2), Loki (30), Loup (9), Macroblan (27), Marwdyn (4), Masauwu (28), Nyx (33), Orcus (26), Ouranos (34), Pharamond (32), Qywattz (21), Ranivorus (16), Ruaidhri (3), Saasskas (23), Slizzark (17), Stodos (6), Talitha (25), Thanatos (35), Yagrai (13)
Matter/Earth (34): Atruaghin (32), Buglore (9), Chiron (6), Diamond (21), Djaea (34), Earth Elemaster (33), Faunus (11), Forsetta (7), Garl (13), Ground (19), Hattani (15), Ilmarinen (20), Infaust (16), Ka (35), Kagyar (28), Land (27), Lokena (2), Lornasen (10), Maat (30), N’grath (29), Opal (18), Paarkum (8), Polunius (25), Pearl (12), Tahkati (17), Terra (36), The Eternal General (14), The Great One (26), The Korrigans (24), The Twelve Watches (4), Utnapishtim (23), Valerias (31), Wayland (24), Wogar (5)
Thought/Air (36): Air Elemaster (32), Arnelee (8), Asterius (28), Clebard (2), Cochere (12), Cretia (16), Diulanna (18), Eiryndul (20), Frey (13), Freyja (13), Gorm (22), Halav (17), Karaash (5), Kersy (21), Korotiku (32), Koryis (10), Malinois (15), Ninfangle (27), Nob Nar (5), Noumena (34), Odin (36), Orisis (19), Palartarkan (11), Palson (4), Pax (35), Ralon (9), Sinbad (25), Soubrette (24), Ssu-Ma (23), Tarastia (30), Taroyas (6), Thalia (31), Thor (29), Turmis (1), Urtson (7), Usamigaras (27)
Time/Water (33): Al-Kalim (3), Ahmanni (14), Bastet (22), Brindorhin (14), Calitha (18), Carnelian (11), Chardastes (24), Crakkak (10), Finidel (7), Fugit (30), Gorrziok (25), Hymir (13), Khoronus (36), Liena (1), Luca (12), Malafor (15), Oleyan (6), Ordana (31), Petra (17), Protius (29), Raven (21), Sharpcrest (19), Simurgh (19), Skuld (34), Tiresias (9), Tourlain (8), Tyche (28), Urd (32), Vanya (23), Vethandi (35), Water Elemaster (33), Yav (20), Zalaj (27)
This site is constantly under revision, no blog posts are final as this is a work in progress place for me to develop my game settings and rules. Some posts might be placeholders for future content, so feel free to check back later for updated information.